Author Topic: Your Touhou Routines  (Read 6951 times)

raak

• Add something nice about me here.
  • Catchphrase(word): Anyways...
    • My Youtube Channel
Re: Your Touhou Routines
« Reply #30 on: May 15, 2010, 07:16:12 AM »
Don't really have any routines. I play either Extra or Normal in order to keep in shape. If I'm attempting a Lunatic, I'll tend to introduce and Extra in between in order to keep myself from getting frustrated.

Go Pikachu

« Reply #31 on: May 15, 2010, 02:16:10 PM »
Ohai Lunatic
*fail**DIE**DERPDEATH**CLIPDEATH*
Fine fuck you...
Normul.
OH DAMNIT _________ *final boss name* STOP GIVING ME A GAEM OVAR AT THE LAST THREE SECONDS.
And that is why I can't even beat normal....

Also.
if(DeathInFirstStage == true){
giveUpAndRetry();
}
if(HorribleDeath){
giveUpAndRetry();
}
if(situation persists){
giveUpAndRagequit();
spamMOTKwithThread("Today is not my touhou day");
}

Shouldn't this be nested if statements to make more sense?

omgrandomnumbers

• ( Very Slowly) Rising Star
  • Physically unable to take it easy
« Reply #32 on: May 18, 2010, 07:20:38 PM »
I generally get a good sleep, go to school, have snack at home, and play MoF stage 6 Normal before I do work. Trying to get a perfect run on it. After work I generally make about 3 1cc attempts on UFO or SA.

StainGlass

• Not the only one
« Reply #33 on: May 19, 2010, 02:49:11 AM »
Being a beginner my current routine is just trying to 1cc EoSD on normal.
A long was to go but I'm getting better.
I also play through LLS  routinely, attempt the Extra, and give up :p

NamelessFool

• Red mage?
« Reply #34 on: May 19, 2010, 10:44:40 AM »
Until a few days ago, my usual runs are simple: Death before stage 4? Restart. Right now, I'm trying to beat Meiling in EoSD without dying on normal, so I've been spamming stage 3 practice for a while until I drained/ragequit for the session. Stage 4 is gonna rape my ass without practice.
Too lazy for a proper sig.

omgrandomnumbers

• ( Very Slowly) Rising Star
  • Physically unable to take it easy
« Reply #35 on: May 20, 2010, 12:43:38 AM »
To pretty much everybody in this thread: Don't rage quit. I know you probably don't want to keep that run where you die to Kisume, but if you keep going with "garbage runs" you'll get a lot better, a lot quicker. Really. You've probably heard this point before because seriously, it works. Plus repeating the first two stages of the same game over and over gets boring pretty fast, don'tcha think?

I am going to print this out on glossy paper and tack it up to the bulletin board by my Touhou computer. Seriously, I do this too much.

« Reply #36 on: May 20, 2010, 12:54:24 AM »
It depends on where it happens for me. If it happens on Stage 1 or early stage 2, I'm restarting. If it's after that, I'll keep going.

Zetzumarshen

« Reply #37 on: May 20, 2010, 06:22:26 AM »
1) Fire up a Touhou game/shmup in general.
2) Fail many times at early stage.
3) Brew a cup of instant coffee.
4) Fail many times again.
5) Alt-f4, browse internet.
6) Repeat step 1.

7h3d4rkw0lf

• Some random dude
  • Remi <3
    • Yukkuricraft
« Reply #38 on: May 22, 2010, 01:21:06 AM »
Strangely enough I start off on Lunatic (IN) and get to about 20-30% through, depending on how well I feel about my finger dexterity, and then I plan on hard and get around 40-50, occasionally 60% through, get bored, and start playing either Mystical Chain or go off to Stepmania x.x

Time spent on touhou on average, per day: 1-3 hours, depending on day of week

RainfallYoshi

• Yoshi of Skies & Rains
  • Who is it that calls for me?
« Reply #39 on: May 24, 2010, 05:06:42 AM »
I've gotten into the habit of playing through Hard on something before attempting a Normal 1cc. It helps me get warmed up and ready while also making Normal seem a bit easier compared to what I just played. I just recently 1cced EoSD Normal again thanks to this method. Now if I could just 1cc OTHER games.

Krimmydoodle

• We must apply more SCIENCE!
« Reply #40 on: May 24, 2010, 05:18:30 AM »
I've gotten into the habit of playing through Hard on something before attempting a Normal 1cc. It helps me get warmed up and ready while also making Normal seem a bit easier compared to what I just played. I just recently 1cced EoSD Normal again thanks to this method.

This is definitely something I support for anyone trying to build their Touhou skill (I personally played Lunatic to work myself up to Hard back in the day).  Only problem with it is that it stops working for the most part once your skill level actually hits Lunatic (though I've had success in a variation: warming myself up with Lunatic PoFV before going for Lunatic Hell God Sword captures).

Come to think of it, I should play more PoFV.
Whether you're on Easy or you're a Lunatic, be damn proud of your accomplishments.  Don't let anyone convince you otherwise, for it's when you lose faith in your own achievements that those victories become defeats.