Author Topic: Crawl Relay Part 2: Dungeon Boogaloo  (Read 92094 times)

Totaku

• The Traveling Otaku of Gensokyo
  • I want to be a little NEET moon princess
Re: Crawl Relay Part 2: Dungeon Boogaloo
« Reply #60 on: June 09, 2010, 06:06:56 AM »
mmmm... I don't get why we are stashing things at the temple, when we could just take a simple walk to the Lair, I mean the threat level is pretty minimal there... I know no threat may be better but still....

Also... Earth Magic and transmuation.... ...sounds like your going for the Shatter route.... pretty much the cheap route if were just going to blaze in to the zot relam to get the BEER of ZUN. Course we got Flan, who can be rather cheap too... so maybe that all works out.

I would like to see though if we can travel through hell and the abyss and maybe Pandemonium before that though... which I say we sort of need to expend upon our other spells for the sake of using other types of skills.

As for weapons.... that's a subject of debate there since I think we can still try to learn off our weapons...besides... we have a "Rankkuri issue" to take care of... unless you want to have more tails grow from it....

Just be thankful we don't have to deal with the Swamps or it would be painful....

Oh and are you signing up again, you should say so if your planning to as it states in the rules to do so. ^^;

Choja! It's your turn to CRAWWWLLLLL!!!
« Last Edit: June 09, 2010, 06:55:30 PM by Totaku »
That's one small step for man, one giant leap for Otaku Kind.
Tsunami Channel Home of  Japanese webcomics Artist Akira Hasegawa.
My Deviant Art site gallery
Now I Twitter

« Reply #61 on: June 10, 2010, 11:21:40 AM »
Wuch, finally caught up. I might be tempted to sign up later, but definitely not now. Incidentally, a reminder that Nue is a demonspawn so therefore cannot use the holy-brand falchion artifact in that shop way back. And is it just me or wouldn't Orc Mines be a reasonable alternative to hitting the snake pits right now? I never played much with Transmuters so I'm not sure how Nue would stand up to orc warriors (never mind the tier 3 orcs later).

Nat Tea

• ★三 ☆三 ★三 ☆三 ★三
  • 三☆ 三★ 三☆ 三★ 三☆
« Reply #62 on: June 12, 2010, 04:17:20 AM »
And is it just me or wouldn't Orc Mines be a reasonable alternative to hitting the snake pits right now?
In my opinion, yes, yes it is.

How I died? The Snorg came back from the shaft. He wasn't happy.

Will sign up again.
Horie dorie~
Pixiv: http://pixiv.me/choja / PSO2: Choja (Ship5) / 3DS: 3496-9942-9472 / PSVITA: choja206 (English) / chojahiragawajpn (Japanese) / Cosplays: Koishi Komeiji, Kogasa Tatara
Tumblr contains cooking and cosplay. Twitter contains me retweeting everything.
I draw but I do not use artist title. I also write, but I have been inactive lately. I want to get better at those things and more!

Stuffman

• We're having a ball!
« Reply #63 on: June 12, 2010, 05:00:02 PM »
Sorry guys, my internet was out for a week. Still want to play again.

Totaku

« Reply #64 on: June 15, 2010, 03:19:11 AM »
Hey Zengar, I want to remind you that it's been almost a full 72 hours. I hope you can still do your Crawl run. Please let me know otherwise your turn will be skipped (which will mean my turn)
Now I Twitter

IBakaChan

« Reply #65 on: June 15, 2010, 09:53:16 AM »
Yeah, uh, I've never played CRAWL before, so I'm gonna play a little myself first, but otherwise I'm pretty much /in.

Zengar Zombolt

• Space-Time Tuning Circle - Wd/Fr
  • Green-Red Divine Clock
« Reply #66 on: June 15, 2010, 01:06:11 PM »
Already talked to Totaku via IRC. Weekend too busy, so I wasn't able to take this turn. However, I'd like to return to the list.

Nat Tea

• ★三 ☆三 ★三 ☆三 ★三
  • 三☆ 三★ 三☆ 三★ 三☆
« Reply #67 on: June 17, 2010, 05:31:34 PM »

Evolution never waits.

Horie dorie~
Pixiv: http://pixiv.me/choja / PSO2: Choja (Ship5) / 3DS: 3496-9942-9472 / PSVITA: choja206 (English) / chojahiragawajpn (Japanese) / Cosplays: Koishi Komeiji, Kogasa Tatara
I draw but I do not use artist title. I also write, but I have been inactive lately. I want to get better at those things and more!

Totaku

« Reply #68 on: June 18, 2010, 01:56:48 PM »
Well people, I have finished my recent Crawl run... I'm sorry it took me a while, but I have been doing some DF related projects thanks to some wonderful suggestions that were given.

When we last left off, Nue was up in the Dungeon once more, trying to sort out things before venturing into the snake pits...

She starts by dealing with the Suikas the main way she knows how... BLADE HANDS!

As she traveled her way up, Flan decided to give Nue some money. Yay.... course she was still slowly rotting away...

The Temple.... as I recalled Mullar decided to put some items up there.... I asked him why, and it turns out he claims the lair can sometimes spwan slime.... have I seen in the Lair? Not really unless they are in a mini vault and even then they can be disposed off rather quick. I understand his reason, but personally I have never seen any slime on the first floor so I decided to drag back some items to the lair.

While on my way back, I picked up a potion of invisibility after destorying a statue and get to it. And Flan gave Nue a scroll. I decided to try the scroll as a result.... ABOMINATION BUDDY!

Nue then decided to consume the mutation potion, it turned out it only did worse for her.... now she had a fast motabolism and was weaken.... So there was no choice in the matter.... way too many bad mutations.... time to take the cure mutation potion.... and it was....

AWESOME!!!

In one drink, most of the bad effects were gone! She's still hidiouslly deformed, but otherwise she kept all her good mutations.

Now's definetly a good time for the snake pits!

The snake pits once again, I'm not going to talk about snakes, but this time, let's hope Nue does better....

Now this could get ugly! The Anaconda is considered by many to be a very dangerous snake... and for good reason. It's extremly FAST! So it'll get to you in no time. And to top it off once it reaches you, the first tinhg it'll do is constict you until it can squeeze every bit of breath out of your body and kill you quickly....

But Anacondas have one wonderful weakeness..... they are the only snake other than the regular snake, that doesn't have poison immuinty! So poison and confusion potions are good for use! Which is exactly what Nue did.

Shortly later, Nue found a shop. What could be inside?

Our of everything here, I bought the helmet and leather armor. So what happened when I tried them on?

The armor was crap.... +1 and no special effects....

The helmet on the other hand is an improvement. A +2 helmet of see invisible. Sure we can't exactly use it, but still it'll keep things under control....

A while later, Nue confronted a Yukanako that wielded cannons.... this is only going to get worse and it almost did as it's enrgy blasts almost kiled Nue. These yukanakos are rather good with magic and should take cuation... you have ben warned....

Eventually, Nue got in floor 2 of the snake pit! And what did she find here?

A passage to the Labyrinth!

Nue decided to lighten her load to make her way to the labyrinth....

and enters...

The Labirinth is a small mini dungeon where you'll wander a giant maze looking for the exit, but of course the maze of so vast that your bound to forget where you were...and...at the end lies the Minotuar!

There are many risks in getting lost in there which can result to satrving or other things...thankfully, with the supply of food and the ring of substaince this is not anythign to worry about.... only the minotuar....

An important rule about the labyrinth is to remember that as you go through try to locate the stone walls and then the metal walls. The metal walls mean you close to the exit....course... do remember that even though your path may seem close you can still reach a dead end and then that will mean you'll have to find a way around to get to another location....

Now what kind of idea is this Flan? You give and take away the same mutation? Not that I'm complainig, this mutation would be minor, but bad in the long run...mainly in the abyss....

Now here's an example of what I discussed earlier, Nue is geting close to the exit since the walls are changing in appearance....

Course what I found out a few moments later was that there was a dead end.... so Nue was forced togo around the whole labyrinth to find an alternate passage to the same location....

This of course took up the majority of my time...

but finally Nue found the exit and the minotuar... course the minotuar decided the first thing he should grab was an axe from the stash.... turned out it was a war axe of draining... OUCH!

Nue resorted to using her confusion potion, and degeration potion to take the mintouar down a few notches before blade handing it to death.... and what did she find when she got to the exit?

A couple of good scroll, 3 magic books, and a bunch of enchanted weapons!

Here's a good idea what I got...

A book of conjuration for fire give me all the good fire spells...

This one can be useful and if we decide to try to learn it, it can bemifit us once we're skilled enough to use sticky flames.... (very useful spell!)

Then we have book of somebody's firey combat, which had magma bolt and stone arrow. Both useful in thier own terms, but we still should maintain learning poly morph magic in on the most caes so for now this we can decide on later...

And then another spell book that had some enchantment spells in it.... like swiftness, see invisible, matabolic Englactation, ect.. again, could be useful but that we can decide on that later...

The weapons on the other hand were well only so-so.... mostly reaching and draining, and whip of poison... I took the whip of poison, and reaching along with the spear of reaching...the other weapons were too heavy techincally...

And I took some staff from there.... what it does, I don't know.... either way I took all the items and left the labyrinth.....

Floor 2... Nue continues to look around when she comes across a strange adventurer named.... Donald. Pretty much your typical adventurer who spends his time trying to located the Beer of ZUN...maybe he's a fan?

Course the yukanakkos are annoying and so Nue needed to get them out of the way....

She decides to lure Donald upstairs to keep the fight simple and easy for her... course Donald was well armed... with a sheild and a long sword of flame (!!!)...

and loves to complain alot...

Nue pretty much used 2 confusion potions, a poison potion and a degeneration potion on him and after a while just kept running from Donald till the poison killed him. (His sword HURT!!!)

With donald's death, Nue took the long sword of flames with her and this is where her adventure stops for now...

A word of advice...

First thing we need to do is take these goods and dump them back at the site up on the first floor in the lair, Nue needs to lighten her load...

So feel free to drop a few scrolls too...

Afterward we can continue to explore the snake pits even further.... just be careful.... some snakes are rather dangerous...

And if you by any chance use up your last confusion potion.... it might be a good time to run out and go through either the dungeon, lair, orc mines, and so forth to restock your amuntion.... you will need these if you want to survive an Anaconda attack!

Finally keep your poison ressitance on as much as possible... it'll help save you from so much trouble.

Here's the file, at least now Nue isn't in much pain as before.... and as usual...SIGN ME UP AGAIN!

Here's the player list for who's next in line:

Stuffman
MaullarMaullar
Choja
Zengar
Ibakachan
Totaku

So Stuffman it's your turn!
« Last Edit: June 18, 2010, 02:06:47 PM by Totaku »
Now I Twitter

Stuffman

• We're having a ball!
« Reply #69 on: June 19, 2010, 01:21:16 AM »
Stuffman, reporting for action! As Totaku requested, I'm going to head up to Lair 1 to lighten our load.

Flandre confuses me for no good reason as I make my way towards the stairs, then gives me some gold. Maybe she's tsundere?

We have two whips of venom, which is as redundant as redundant gets. I'm going to try smacking some plants with the other to see what its stats are, and keep the better one.

Ooh, that's quite an upgrade! I'll leave our old one behind, along with the falchion and the staff (which turned out to be a staff of poison ? we don't use poison magic so the whip is the better choice). The only book I hang onto is the one with Sticky Flame, which is the only thing I see being useful for us. After dumping a few other things, we're left at a little over 50% weight, which should be fine.

Back to the Snake Pit! As I wander around checking any corners on Snake Pit 1 that weren't explored previous, Flandre gives Nue more gold and a staff. I wonder what kind? It's a staff of energy; it allows us to cast spells without getting hungry, but that's hardly an issue when we've got the amulet of the gourmand.

Alright, onto Snake Pit 2. I'm gonna try to clear the place out; no stone unturned! I sneak about hunting down some Yukanakos, eliminating them with great efficiency due to BLADE HANDS! I also find a ring that Totaku apparently didn't have time to grab. I'll just try putting it on, since I've already wasted a couple ID scrolls.

Derp. Wait no, this is good. We can uncurse it, and now we've got a ring of teleportation! No need to worry about running out of scrolls! Dynamite! Let's make sure we live long enough to use it.

Wuh-oh. More trouble. Here's a guy named Rupert, which describes him as a crusader. I'm not going to take any chances on him; I'll chuck a strong poison at him and let my Abomination buddy take the lead. I notice him trying to cast spells on me, so I switch to the Ring of Benwale (which has MR). Whoa! He's gone berserk! Even with Blade Hands Nue doesn't have a chance, so she teleports! Nue conveniently lands near some upward stairs, so I have her go up to walk off the pain. These uniques are no joke!

Alright, let's try this again. On a whim, I decide to try the ebony casket, and I get a pet Sukusuku for my trouble, so that'll be my frontrunner this time. I want to take this guy down, but how to do it? The blade hands approach isn't enough when he goes berserk. He's very resistant to enchantments, so the wands won't help...maybe poison will do the trick. With the Sukusuku guarding, I use potions of might and haste and get ready to move in with the poison whip. I'll throw on Blade Hands once he's badly poisoned and try to finish him. Rupert appears to have the advantage at first, but a brutal hit knocks his health below mine...just one more hit!

Yes! I knew we could do it! That's one less problem to deal with. Nue devours his corpse in celebration. That's what a human gets for fucking around with a youkai.

Nue presses onward. Flandre really seems to like glassing the walls...I take down a few snakes, grabbing more poison potion ammo from their corpses when possible.

Experimenting with the ebony casket yields interesting results. You can get various animals out of it, like snakes and Sukusukus. Nue enjoys using it, as who wouldn't enjoy having their own pet Sukusuku?

I explore the rest of Snake Pit 2 without incident; time to move on to Snake Pit 3.

Whoashit! As soon as we enter, Iku is upon us! Do I have anything that resists electricity!? No! Still, I must challenge her. I decide to draw her upstairs, as if I teleport here I'll be headed into unknown territory.

Thank you, Iku, for this stark reminder of how much Lightning Bolts hurt. Nue survived a mere 3 rounds in her presence.

Good luck Maumau ;_;

I won't sign up again just yet, I really should be working on PoSR.

Quad City QBs

• tumblr, tumblr, in the attic,
  • who is the most problematic?
    • maullarmaullar @ Tumblr
« Reply #70 on: June 19, 2010, 10:18:13 PM »

Fire magic goes back on so we can work our way up to Sticky Flame.

Speaking of which, while I'm at the stash I pick up Throw Flame, both so we'll have a projectile attack and so we can dump some of our spare experience into fire conjurations.  Using Z, we cast Throw Flame at nothing in particular until...

With our experience pool empty again--

"Much like your bank account."

--we proceed to the Hive.  Mostly trivial with poison resistance and a good means of crowd control, and we could use the experience.

The opportunity to replenish our ammo doesn't hurt either.

Now the one danger in Hive is getting swarmed...

"First wise guy to drop a Wicker Man reference is catching a puff of flame in the face, all right?"

...but nothing says 'back off' like Evaporating a potion of poison on yourself.

M-M-M-MONSTER KILL

"Unreal?  Really?  In this day and age?"

"That's so cute."

Anyway, we find a bone lantern.  When wielded, it reduces line of sight (for both us and enemies) and spawns friendly shadows.  Useful if we ever need to escape from something.  Not that we will.

As we pick our way through all this beeswax, Flandre's nice enough to send us some demon meatshields.

"I take offense to thHRKKK"

As well as this.

"You're doing good!  I thought you deserved a little walking-around money."

Total spoils from the Hive: enough poison and food to last us most of the rest of the game.

Returning to the Snake Pit, we run into some yukkanakos and get to try out this wand we picked up...

We also encounter Rupert.  As he can cast paralyze and confuse, we advance under a screen of snakes.

And as we finish him off, Flandre throws us a bone!

"Oh, nice!  I can finally wear my favorite top again--"

"GOD DAMMIT"

It's not all bad though, as we gain 1 Str (at the cost of 1 Dex) and free +2 AC.

"Yeah right!  You try being a walking public service announcement to use Pond's Cream!"

Now, as Iku's waiting for us one level below, we'll go do something else.  Like buy these crappy rings, just to have them identified.  It's only 2 gold, after all.

We then check out the Orcish Mines.

At this stage in the game, they're not too difficult (unless a warlord or high priest turns up.)  You do need to watch out for orc priests, as they can smite you as long as they can see you, no line of sight required, no dodge check.  They don't resist Evaporated potions, though.

And as we're heading back to the stash to drop off our new potions of confusion....

"Oh, for the love of--!"

Oh, and on the way back to the Mines, we fall into an ambush.  Good luck with that, and see you next time.  Also I'm signing up again.

"*sob*  If they kill me now, they're doing me a favor..."

Nothing in this post should be construed as legal advice, nor as creating an attorney-client relationship, nor as an advertisement for legal or law-related services.
Art Thread | Writing Thread | Tumblr NSFWAsk.fm

« Reply #71 on: June 20, 2010, 12:06:55 PM »
Huh? You used Sashiromiya Sasha for your last 2 emote portraits? Oh well, that's a relatively easy ambush to get out of, good job on keeping Nue alive. Is it Shoals time next? Provided we leave our food outside (actually didn't we have gourmand?) and have emergency scrolls of noise (break mesmerisations), it should be a reasonable place to grind (since we have poison resist... oh how I miss that on my last few characters...). Totaku modded the Shoal sprites so it'd be a waste not to see them soon.

Totaku

« Reply #72 on: June 20, 2010, 01:20:32 PM »
Mmmm.... well it depends...., since Iku may be down there, that can spell trouble unless we become imsulated, and can hit very hard. Iku (or Nikola) as we know, it sometimes reffered to as the unique that's nearly equiviant to Kogasa (who is sigmund, which we never saw in this run). A good suggestion in this case would be a potion of protection. SHould give you proper insulation long enough to withstand Iku's shocks till you slice her into fillet.

But if we really want to dive into the Shoal....bring some ICE PROTECTION! The Kappa cyro-techincians down there are known for thier rather dangerous ice blast as well as water attack which can hurt unless your wearing ice protection.

Also noise scrolls can do that?! But doesn't it draw attention as well.... sort of risky, but it could keep you out of the kappa's musical trance.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2010, 01:22:07 PM by Totaku »
Now I Twitter

« Reply #73 on: June 20, 2010, 10:14:07 PM »
Oh yes, that's the one reason why I stock up on noise scrolls. When you're surrounded anyway, noising gives you a chance to get away before being mesmerised again (once it happened as soon as I noised... darn...). Anyway, Iku would only be at the very bottom of the Shoals, so if we just do the first 4 levels then we should be safe. Ice protection is very much recommended though, yes. But I found poison to be my worser bane when I was visiting there with recent characters.

Quad City QBs

« Reply #74 on: June 21, 2010, 06:49:48 AM »
Huh? You used Sashiromiya Sasha for your last 2 emote portraits?

because we're horny now  :derp:

also i forgot to italicize oh nooooooooo

Nothing in this post should be construed as legal advice, nor as creating an attorney-client relationship, nor as an advertisement for legal or law-related services.

IBakaChan

« Reply #75 on: June 21, 2010, 03:00:04 PM »
Sorry guys, I don't think I can do this :C
Life's pretty hectic right now, so you'll have to get me off the list.

Nat Tea

• ★三 ☆三 ★三 ☆三 ★三
  • 三☆ 三★ 三☆ 三★ 三☆
« Reply #76 on: June 21, 2010, 06:01:23 PM »
I'm sorry, but my mother has ripped the routers out of my computer and hid them at her workplace. Also, this is the last day I'm going to have access to the high school computer and its internet, so I may be out of commission for a while.

Actually, I don't know how long. Oh well.

Totaku, can you go tell Zengar that he's next? Sorry about this, but thanks!
Horie dorie~

Zengar Zombolt

• Space-Time Tuning Circle - Wd/Fr
  • Green-Red Divine Clock
« Reply #77 on: June 21, 2010, 08:20:30 PM »
Back to crawling! After fending off the ambush (Via Ice form) and returning to the Mines, I find a weapon store.

How the fuck do you even pronounce that
Anyways, take note!

Huh, this is nice. However, this damage + a critical hit forces me to retreat shortly.

It's... a buncha stones. Silver stones, but eh. More murdering around the floor, an encounter with some high tier orcs, and another couple of weapon shops.

Tome note, Distortion weapons!
Next floor, and a Flan summons a tormentor while I'm paralyzed. However, I get to escape-

FUCKING HELL
After absconding and escaping...

Y U DO THIS ;_;
Actually it wasn't so bad. Killed both Edmund AND Patchy! \o/ Edmund had a flail of Holy Wrath, take note of this too.
Also, There's a potion we have that it's unknown. Let's ID it...

Note, etc.

Flaaaaaaaan >:|

Death by smiting. FUCK

At least I can laugh at this. Isn't it sad, Totaku?
I'll /out for now, tho. Need to steam off a bit from crawl.

barasia

• mokomokomokomoko
« Reply #78 on: June 23, 2010, 12:50:50 AM »
i laughed at this thread still continuing from last  year?! (some of you may remember me from a long time ago, but now my uni exams fin, i finally came back  :V )
i still remember the good ol days of Patch Life Full Life Consequences........good times.....
http://www.shrinemaiden.org/forum/index.php?topic=59.msg55603#msg55603

im surprised we're not doing a Patchy yet, as theres a awesome new nuke spell, "Orb of Destruction". basically like Utsuho Reiuji's slow moving NEWCLER bombs, that hilariously blow things up.

but its alright to try something new once in a while.

but if you want to obtain the ultimate BEER OF ZUN, you better make a long term plan.

first of all, Nue, being a demonspawn will gain some espeically good mutations late game. the best one being "gain power through destruction", or torment immunity.
however, in late game, if you ever get Necromutation, then torment immmunity  mutation is largely obselete.
or if you switch to Makleb, then the other mutation becomes obselete.

the question remains: will you start to branch into Necromancy? better start soon, if you plan to get Necromutation.

if it sounds like too much trouble, then Nue better start to specialise on at least  ONE field soon, whether that be transmutation + unarmed, or some other weapon skill(long swords?), or branch into Necromancy(one field where demons ARENT SUCK AT)
currently, Nue seems very half assed  :/
and the decision to play with Flandre may be good for entertainment value, but not very practical for survival.

i think its about time we say to Flandre "We can't play anymore".......
is what i would do if you accept my request take a turn.

but if its a rule to keep Flandre as our playmate, just for entertainment value and th sheer challenge, then i'll try my best  ;)

PS: FFS [PREPARATION SIGN] BEFORE YOU ENTER ELVEN HALLS!
and please, please dont venture futher into orc mines, if you plan to Play with a new god.
the orc mines are the best place for scumming and farming at this stage for th new god.

Ie, Yuuka god will gain piety quicky, due to the body count.
Makleb the same story.
Nemelex, due to the largely USELESS ORK(or whatever you want to change it into) gear, the excessive elven gear too.
or worse, if you are daring enough, Jiyva, the slime god, as the same reason as Nemelex.
altough, its best to save Jiyva for last after you kill all and leave the equipment both in the mines and halls for Jiyva.

PPS: Elven Halls may be anagolous to......Scarlet Mansion? or Eintei?
i was thinking Blademasters = Sakuyas
Annihilators = Patchys
or
Master Archers = Eirin!
and change all generic elves/ orks into Fairy Maids or Bunnys
is just a suggestion  :)

« Last Edit: June 23, 2010, 01:11:01 AM by barasia »
Termnl_yt ht_i_sba. enfi_et uao_nri e_ewc_ gfo_f ineo kh_ tr o

Quad City QBs

« Reply #79 on: June 23, 2010, 01:35:39 AM »
Nemelex, due to the largely USELESS ORK(or whatever you want to change it into) gear, the excessive elven gear too.

for the record, the decks of destruction we would get for sacrificing weapons are useless too

but nemelex is still top tier

Totaku

« Reply #80 on: June 23, 2010, 06:17:21 AM »
OH hey Barasia it's you again. I'm surprised you haven't shown up at the beginning. Anyways, the idea behind Nue and Flandre was to basiclly create a rather tricky game, but if played right can be very rewarding. For the sake of dealing with Nue and her mutation (and for sake of our sanity) it might be safe to just stick with Flan (it adds more fun to the game anyways and it allows Nue to do what does best.. "change her form!")  Beside, I don't thing we will be sticking with no more than one charater and looking at how things are rolling Nue would best serve as "Collect 3 runes and RUN FOR THE BEER"  But to be honest, I would really like to try aiming for going through hell and pandemonium if possible for the things I crafted for those floors.

Long story short, it's best if we keep Nue with Flan, because it's FUN that way.

Just to be honest though I would like Nue to be able to use all her transmuation spells (it would fit her so well) and maybe some fire spells (like sticky flame and possibly other spells like haste and translocation spells. Something that will have to be planned in the long run... And considering that we got Flan who can be a giant pain in the butt.... I'm willing to accept learning Shatter to the sake of this game.

As for the Elven halls.....comparing it to Enitei is rather.... interesting! In fact it might be worth looking into doing some sprite work.

Rabbits replacing elves is a good idea.. and as far as I know, there is only one "elven master archer" in general. Though Eirin was already taken up by the Centaur unique (Nirros, wasn't it?)  if you can thinks of a better replacement for Nirros, then maybe I can switch out Eirin in place for the master archer. (and befroe you ask Reisen's a rahasha, end of story!
As of right now, I finished my run, but I'm not posting yet... I need to go through and work on replacing some sprites to other creates in the game. And make some more text changes. (I was hoping to compile... but my mac is sort of "old" till I get a new OS. Then there's still the concept of cross compiling so I can't exactly make a true Touhou crawl, but at least the text and graphic edits will work as they have been for a while.

Oh and another thing... I don't know if I just happened to had ghost mistakenly placed in the game file... but as the rules state, this game is suppose to be player ghost free. So please remove all player ghost files. If I mistakenly placed them in.

Also on another news front....

I currently have looked into the trunk of what will be Crawl 0.7. And all I can say is this one will definetly be amazing. It's basiclly going to be more things you can do than ever!

Starting off with....

1. New graphic sprites. Alot of creatures are getting a make over so they will look more up to date!

2. New creatues....black sheeps, elephants, uniques and how can I forget... THE HELLEPHANT!

3. New mini dungeons: I have recently uncovered what's called "The Spiders's nest" Full of lots of poisonous critters and of course... spiders!.

4. New end dungeon... The Lair is not going to be as easy as it use to be... as it now has an end dungeon to it....

5.Easy to access Arena mode - from the main menu!

6. New game: DUNGEON SPRINT! One level, fixed enemies, and you can expect to face nothing from trouble from the front door! It's Crawl on PHANTASM DIFFICULTY!

And that's just the tip of the iceburg, there's alot more to come as of for right now, all I know is if what the crawl staff states is true, Crawl 7.0 will be out late July or August! So when that comes out, I'm transfering my work to it. And then we can all try the new Crawl. So lets try to aim to get this done around the time 7.0 comes out!

I'll post my stuff in a bit once I get everything fixed up and transfer to 6.1 (since that fixed up a few nasty bugs that lurked in there.)

And please let me know if your joining in.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2010, 06:29:17 AM by Totaku »
Now I Twitter

barasia

• mokomokomokomoko
« Reply #81 on: June 23, 2010, 07:52:38 AM »
Nessos is  weak compared to Master Archer.
sometimes anyway.
once, i encounted Nessos with a Bow of Flaming, with Arrows of Poison.
not good odds, since you take BOTH effects of burns and poison at the same time.
Nessos has a habit of blinking too, and it was a very intense danmaku battle.
but when all said and done, a centaur sucks at dodging, so a wand of fire/ice will do the trick.

But a Master Archer not only packs way more punch, they dodge very well too and are quite the challenge themselves. i consider them way more dangerous that the Annihilator or even them blademaster!
without Deflect Missiles, you're turned into swiss cheese as soon as it sees you.
they have no hesitation to shoot at point blank range too!

Reisen is Mara i take it?
<shudders in fear>   :colonveeplusalpha:
(to those who just met me, you dont see me shudder a lot, so that shuddering at the thought of Mara is worth something)

0.7 may be great, but theres lots of new stuff in 0.6 too!

Current things that if you dont try out in 0.6, you are a fool and missing out;

1. summon ugly things. ugly things now very powerful due to variety type.

2. ORB OF DESTRUCTION UTSUHO's NEWCLER BOMB. ITS TIME FOR A NEW PAINT JOB, IM THINKING BRIGHT RED.

3. Wizlabs vaults. seriously, go to Wizmode, summon one and try them out now!
they are hilariously fun. if we ever encounter one, we are bound to get some very NICE gear. i guess it depends on the wizlab that we get though.

4. other misc vaults. (i found a treasure vault once, but foolishly accepted the Quest. the quest wanted 25 Brillance potions to open the vault  :blush: )

5. Making Fish SUFFOCATE, using sunlight ability from Yuka god to dry up all water. (WHY DOES IT NOT KILL VAMPIRES?! ARRRGH!)

6. Defeat Crypt zombies using Yuka God abiliy Decomposition. easy run, and easy piety gain. (a certain Wizlab spwan infinite zombies. that mean infinite exp and lots of piety, but theres no food to be so you cant stay there forever)

7. Great new Unique gear.
for example, the Robe of clouds, has an effect when you  wear it, it rains and makes water around you. whats it good for? Instant water elementals of course! also if you're a merfolk, this comes in very handy. the new Storm Bow and Capitan's cutlass among other Unique armour are quite nice too.

8. Enchanted ammo. OMG!!!!
needles of sleeping/paralysis are badass for assasins.
Ammo of reaping are simply badass.
Arrow's of blinking = awesmoe.
Special note: i was a conjurer and fired an UTUSHO NEWCLER BOMB at a centaur.
the centaur fired an arrow of blinking, hitting the bomb, teleporting the bomb away!
unfortunately, the Bomb telport right in front of another centaur and painted the entire room red.
it was too risky, to use that spell, so i knew that at least theres ONE OTHER way to evade the NEWCLER BOMB besides dodging.

9. Use hacks to create/edit a fav weapon to give it a very special brand that doesn't exist in crawl yet.
the brand of Confusion.
Brand number is 21.
your weapon has same effect as Confusing touch.
somehow other effects on ammo dont work on weapons, except for reaping and confusion. So yeah, you CAN make a weapon of Reaping using hacks, but i never actaully FOUND one generated for me yet.

i'll join in.

but i'll go to China in about a week so i'll probably have ONE run before i retire :/

EDIT: since totaku turn ended, i assume its my turn? whats the turn list again?
and could you also provide the latest sprites and taunt scripts in the next save file?
« Last Edit: June 23, 2010, 07:57:41 AM by barasia »

« Reply #82 on: June 23, 2010, 08:51:13 AM »
You know, why are you restricted to "only 1 Touhou chara per sprite/monster"? Why not palette swapped versions of Touhou characters for multiple appropriate monsters? I'm thinking of Aquastyle's Tower exploration roguelike game where stronger versions of mobs had a new palette and tacked on honorifics (Cirno -> Cirno-san -> CIRNO-SAMA).

barasia

• mokomokomokomoko
« Reply #83 on: June 23, 2010, 09:39:33 AM »
i dont know about that......

but that gave me a splendid idea.

Make ALL uglythings become Yukkkuris.

you do know that theres now a whole palette of uglythings now?
red uglythings = mokourris
white uglythings= Cirno yukkuris etc.
blue uglythings = ikurris (i think blue was electricity....i forgot)

this makes "summon uglythings" spell into a summon yukkuri spell.

Totaku

« Reply #84 on: June 24, 2010, 02:06:04 AM »
Nessos is  weak compared to Master Archer.
sometimes anyway.

Continues to talk about Nessos...

Yeah, but then there's the question of who can also serve as an replacement for Nessos if we're not going to use Eirin? Or will I just put him back in and just replace the archer master with Eirin. Still Elves (or rabbits at they'll soon be) are frail little critters, and Eirin being in that group just doesn't seem tough enough especially since Eirin seems more tougher than what we know her to be (At least from what is told about her. ) That's the only reason I opted Nessos over the elven master archer.

Reisen is Mara i take it?
<shudders in fear>   :colonveeplusalpha:
(to those who just met me, you dont see me shudder a lot, so that shuddering at the thought of Mara is worth something)
i'll join in.

but i'll go to China in about a week so i'll probably have ONE run before i retire :/

EDIT: since totaku turn ended, i assume its my turn? whats the turn list again?
and could you also provide the latest sprites and taunt scripts in the next save file?
[/quote]

Ok I'll add you in the list... but I do need to tell you something...

If you been paying any attention, to who's participating, you should know that MaullarMaullar is before you! Look before you leap I always say.

He's going first, but in the mean time, I'm going to post the next Crawl update. And this is important!

Anathe, I will definetly suggest you update the front page with this because this one clears some BUGS that lurked in 0.6!

As of right now were jumping to 0.6.1. In this version they fixed on bug that was rather devistating....

The vampiric starvation death bug! As you know if you were weilding a weapon that was vampiric it would cause you to have to drop it if you had to swtich to a bladed weapon if it was a blunt one or remove it when you mutated into something! But then when you change back, you automaticlly equip it back....result! Instant Starvation!!!! This has been fixed so now we will no long suffer a cheap death like that.

other things included removing the trigger can caused unlimited troves and bazzar
Yusakuya's permastat gain from excommunication anf so forth...

So this should make life a little easier... here's the link!
http://www.mediafire.com/?nd2tn0yywlk
All saves should be able to transfer to this version since there are no major changes in it...

Another thing to report.... I've now added replaced Erica with Sanae, and also I've also replaced the ugly things with something fitting... which reminds me...
You know, why are you restricted to "only 1 Touhou chara per sprite/monster"? Why not palette swapped versions of Touhou characters for multiple appropriate monsters? I'm thinking of Aquastyle's Tower exploration roguelike game where stronger versions of mobs had a new palette and tacked on honorifics (Cirno -> Cirno-san -> CIRNO-SAMA).
Because it just doesn't seem right to have the Touhou charaters appear so many times in the dungeon. (unless the situation seemed fitting) And even then I still didn't see why I should have them reoccur. I mean, I get the idea where you coming from with this, but I think it would just be confusing to some extent. And when I get around to actually reworking and compiling this thing into something a little bit differnt, it'll be a whole new ball game.
i dont know about that......

but that gave me a splendid idea.

Make ALL uglythings become Yukkkuris.

you do know that theres now a whole palette of uglythings now?
red uglythings = mokourris
white uglythings= Cirno yukkuris etc.
blue uglythings = ikurris (i think blue was electricity....i forgot)

this makes "summon uglythings" spell into a summon yukkuri spell.

One problem...since when does yukkuri's bean paste cause mutation effects? Never heard of that one before. And since people eat yukkuiri at times, I tend to make things make sense. So I don't think yukkuri would be the best option... besides...there's yukkuri all over the place if you looked around. Though you may have given me an interesting idea though! But they won't be ugly things. I'll see what I can do in the next update....

As soon as I make my post, it'll be your turn Maullar!
« Last Edit: June 24, 2010, 02:32:35 AM by Totaku »
Now I Twitter

Totaku

« Reply #85 on: June 24, 2010, 03:44:39 AM »
Ok time to write my story

When we last left off, Nue was caught in an ambush between two simple creatures. She took them out with her blade hands and then pressed onward....

She started making her way back to the lair. During her trip Flan decided to change the fountains.... INTO BLOOD!!!!

This is rather amusing to be honest. But oh well. let's keep moving....

Nue returns to the lair where she set her supplies down and starts making plans as she beging to go forth and take on the snake pits once more....

Floor 3:

The first thing Nue stumbles across as she explore the new spot is a ZOT trap ( I will I should change it to the ZUN TRAP)

The zot trap is probably one of the most dangerous traps in the game. As stepping on it would cause all sort of random disaterous things. ranging from firey explosions all the way to demons being summoned.

Never stay around them, and never go near them when enemies are present. Cause they can set them off and hurt you!

Here was have a Viper, stronger than a black mamba and more venomous, but slower as well. But thankfully poison resistance makes this thing a walk in the park.

Not much happens there so we decide to head to floor 4

Now here we confront a kanako snake guadian. What kind of bizzare creature is this??! Either way, it's quite intellegnet and knows how to use several spells. But it's also important to know that it's meat...can mutate (and can be good or bad)... which is one of the most benificial ways to get flan on your good side.

Nice, just what the wold needs... Oklob plants... one of the more evil creatures in the dungeon.... it's a plant, and it's imobble, but what makes it evil is the fact that it can spit acid all over you....which as you know will corrodie your equipment...Best stay away or get naked and fight it, before unless you got artifact items, dorf type equipment, or corrosion resistant equipment.

Then Nue finds a ring which she ID and it's the ring of substain abilities. Good for preventing stats drops... unless it's Flan making your stats drop....

Then Nue confronts Frances, a crazy woman who made a pact with demons and now summons them to aid her in battle. Two confusion potions and some blade hands later, she fell.

Flandre was apperently happy enough that she decided to make one of the yukanako's weapons come to life and aid Nue, this became very useful since Nue could take out most of the yukanakos while the mace handled the rest.

Among the corpses of yukanakos was a fancy sword... a scamintar of electicution. Good for doing some heavy damage and has an awesome effect on those in the water....

What's this? Flan decided to give us more scales and make us stronger?! I love you Flan!

Then we reach the 5th floor... the final floor of the snake pits! Here we can expect the worse of it so be ready!

This yukanako has tank tread, and it built as tough as a tank! They can wistand alot of damage and can hit hard... but thaknfully this yukkanko only had a spare... she she was easy pickings....

Flan decided to give us another toy to play with!

A deck of card, which turned out to be a deck of wonders... another case of cause that can do random things to you or the enemy... looks like Flan love to cause all sorts of fun!

Now I don't know why I forgot this.... but out of the blue I ran into one unique I never expected to run into this early....

Frederick!

This man is pretty much a youkai exterminatior if you ever saw one. He's got alot of high rank spells and can do insnae damage if your not careful..

Sadly... that's exactly what happened.....
Nue attempted to try to confuse Fredierick but.... he was wearing poison resistant armor!

Freddy started launching mystic blast and iron shots several daminging Nue.... so Nue out of desperation had to heal herself and use a teleport scroll.... and as it turned out....

She wound up in a place she didn't want to be at all, and Flan was loving it....

Yes, the yukanako nest pretty much....

Nothing but a bunch of bossy yukkuri and yes that one up there with the guncannon mask is a yukkanoko, or a yukannon. The worse of all the yukanakos, heavy damange hard hitting, and dangerous spells to boot!

we hand to teleport again.... I managed to survive and get to a safer area so Nue decided to go to the nearest stairs she could find....Sadly....Fredrick was waiting for Nue and noticed her.... so again, Nue was hurt badly and force to teleport...

Right back to where she didn't want to go!

As a result, Nue died after being mystic blasted by a yukanako....

Yeah this could of gone better...but Frederick ruined it all.... Otherwise, the rune would of been easy pickings...

As a good pro tip, if you confront Frederick. and if he wearing poison resistant equipment...run like hell! At our current level, we can't exactly take him on....

Now as of right now it seems only me and two others are playing at the moment...

Here's who's next on the list:

MaullarMaullar
barasia
Totaku

Maullar, it's your turn!
« Last Edit: June 24, 2010, 03:48:07 AM by Totaku »
Now I Twitter

barasia

• mokomokomokomoko
« Reply #86 on: June 24, 2010, 06:06:24 AM »
btw do change the rules a little bit, by allowing up to 10,000 turns.
5000 turns way okay before, since theres lots of people playing, (then flandre scared them away XD )
now if its just us 3, i think 10,000 turns becomes the maximum.
jsut remember: DO END EARLY, if you do a successful event, because from the previous Crawl Relays, theres a bad trend of doing a successful run and then dying epicly, losingsome very nice gear/benefits gained.
unless of course, your cocky and can handle Flandre like a piece of cake...........CAKE~

PS: you wont find Frederick there since the last Save file didnt have that level, so when the last level generates, it will be completely new.

in retrospect, even if Nue is good in unarmed, we'll come to a point where weapons are better than just fists. thats when we find demonic brands that are suited to Nue. it is truly time to decide which weapon you owuld like to use, a demon sword? a Demon whip? or a Demon trident? im personally biased towards swords, but demon tridents seems like Nue's kind of thing.... (see portrait http://touhou.wikia.com/wiki/Nue_Houjuu :P

but that wuold mean we have to train up poleuarms just for that purpose!
geez....but if its my turn, i'd try to train it up......

Edit: just managed to dl your modded version jsut now.

Respect, mate.

you've gone out of your way to painstakingly MS paint these.....
i expect more participants in this Relay to reflect the amount of effort spent on tis modding.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2010, 07:22:57 AM by barasia »

Quad City QBs

« Reply #87 on: June 24, 2010, 06:41:22 AM »
After fending off the ambush once more, it's back to the Mines.

We meet a new enemy, the orc knight.  Fairly tough in melee, and can strengthen other orcs.  But it has little defense against our poisonous ways.

Meanwhile, Flandre is up to her usual tricks.

"Do you even know how to guffaw?"

"Of course, it's so easy!  Aha, a-hyuk, hyuKIKIKIKIKIKIKIKIKIKIKKIKIKIKIKIKIKIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII, ha ha, heh."

"Ah, there's nothing like a good laugh every once in a while."

"..."

Moving on, we run into a couple uniques.  Blork the orc also joins the party, but is not pictured because he smells.

"Do you like my new scent?  I call it Eau de Poison."

"Oh my God... you really think women talk like that.  You pig."

Anyway, I don't want to say we confuse 3d17-firebolt-slinging Harold to buy time while we run away, but the battle has its ebbs and flows.

Flandre does not approve.

"Of course not!  Did Batman run away?  Did Rambo run away?  Did Reisen run away--"

"Well, actually--"

"Say... your portrait's back to normal.  What happened to those nice horns I gave you?"

"..."

Anyway, we meet another new enemy...

...the orc sorcerer.  Shoots bolts at us and summons demons.  Naturally, priority one is to confuse it.

That aside, we clear the Orcish Mines without much incident.  We also find a book of War Chants, which is good for Repel Missiles, Berserker Rage, Regeneration and Haste.  Now if only we had the spell levels to learn any of those.

At this point we've eaten up all the easy experience the game is ready to offer us.

I decide to stick my head into the Elven Halls, or Eientei or whatever we're calling it now.

The denizens are not easy as such, but they're more amenable to our Evaporated potions than nagas are.

And we're out of time for this episode!  Cut to next-episode preview.

"Hi!  I'm Sara."

"I'm a PC."

"What?"
« Last Edit: June 25, 2010, 01:08:37 AM by Bad Appellant!! »

« Reply #88 on: June 24, 2010, 09:01:24 AM »
Right so there's 3 players in the wait list, of which 2 are planning on travelling in a week's time so therefore we'll be down to one? Well, it's still grind-fest time in RL but I can spare a couple of hours to do my turn(s). Ran around with a transmuter for a while, so I've gotten used to it a little, but Flandre will be new territory for me. Sign me up at the end of the list.

barasia

• mokomokomokomoko
« Reply #89 on: June 24, 2010, 09:23:08 AM »
im really not sure, if Mauller meant "next episode" as a continuation in his next post, or that was this actual run.
since theres no save file uploaded yet, i'll assume its still not a completed run.  :D

since you've found Regeneration, Mauller, branching into Necromancy will be essential. the rabbit knights offer a heap of exp, and its prime opportunity to practice.
just a suggestion there, but play it your way if you want.