Author Topic: Crawl Relay Part 2: Dungeon Boogaloo  (Read 91427 times)

Totaku

• The Traveling Otaku of Gensokyo
  • I want to be a little NEET moon princess
Re: Crawl Relay Part 2: Dancing with BEES!
« Reply #30 on: May 16, 2010, 09:03:21 AM »
Well guys, I don't have time to work on the mod right now, too many things have come up. But as for now I will give you an idea what's going on with Nue at the moment.

As our story last left off, Nue had just entered the 8th floor after facing lots of danger and now serves under Flandre, who is known for being rather nutorious as she treats everyone as a plaything and if she's bored with you she'll crush you in ways uninmaginable....

How will Nue fair though the floors to come?

_____

Floor 8...

As our adventure continues, Nue decided to take action on this floor as she begin to explore it.

During her trip she decided to spend her time in her spider form as she picks off most of her enemies....

A good tip for everyone. Spider form has it's advantages in terms that when you turn into a spider, your speed gets a great boost allowing you to get in more hits or even making hasty escapes. The form is roughly about the same as casting swift on yourself. It also allowd you to poison your enemies too! However it's important note that the disadvantage is that you strength drops a bit. So if your carry alot of things, you'll likely overload yourself when you turn spider, so be aware of how much stuff you carry before turning spider.

Then while Nue was preparing herself to battle a slime, Flan suddenly decided to have some fun by warping space around Nue thus causing her to become momentarly confused. Thank goodness I wasn't near any enemy at the moment.

After many fights later, Nue ended up battling a Koakuma, which for some odd reason dragged on for a very long time.... So long that Flan became strangly amused by my struggling. I am now her teddy bear!

Note: To become Flan's Teddy Bear is the best condition one can get from Flandre. This means that she will now give more more good things than bad things. You only have to keep her interested long enough to give her time to give you the stuff. It's one of the reasons it's somewhat worth taking the risk to worship Flan.

After fighting to Koakuma for a long time and eventually killing it, Nue then proceeded to exterminating slime. getting her arrows ready she made an amry of snakes to lead the attack, enough to pretty much over take the slime. Save her from any corrosion, and only puts her snake ammunition to good use. :P

With that, Floor 8 was done and so we head too...

Floor 9 (Brought to you by BEES!!

The dreaded floor that put everyone at risk from what I heard, can I brake the trend?

To begin Flan decided to give us a gift, a scroll? How nice! I wonder what it is?

BLAAUUGH!!!

This is why we love Flan, she always gives us the nicest gifts! And as the saying goes, KNOWING IS ONLY HALF THE BATTLE!

And then out of the blue Nue ran into an army of orcs, and Sukusuku Hakutakus! Using her potions she decided to toss a bunch of them thus causing a mass confusion party and then followed up with poisoning them!  Somehow she managed to take down most of them this way, but as an extra step she took her whip of poisoning and started to poison all the creatures she came in contact with poisoning them further. Luckly she took out nearly all of them. Except for one Sukusuku Hakutaku that seem to stay out of the battle feild long enough to avoid the confusion party.

Sadly, Nue had to retreat back upstairs to recover...

However with some luck, Nue recovered a bit and then Flan decided to give Nue a gift. A little Lumer to aid her in battle. This made Nue's battle with the yak easy. And within moments Nue prevailed and thus started to stock up on potions once again...

A few battles later, Nue went up stairs to rest once more, and during that time, Flan decided to give Nue a gift! It's a wand? I wonder what it could be, sooner or later we'll find out....

While attempting to use the wand on a blink pyonta, flan found it halarious. Just what kind of wand am I using that Flan is finding so amusing?

A then suddenly come across a bee larva... considering that there's bee larva here that's a sign that I may want to be careful as there could be a hive around the area....

Before too long Flan decided to prove to me  I was correct! By turning the walls into glass, Flan showed me that there were bees within the range of the area, and there could be alot more....course Flan also made it so the bees could see me....welp...RUN!

When Nue retreated upstairs, she decided to rest and wait, during that time, Flan decided to give Nue another gift! A pair of embroiled gloves! What could this me? Nue decided to put them on....

A +1 glove of strength! Now this will be useful!! With this, Nue's strength is up allowing her to carry more and she can do more damage to some degree.

During some testing, Nue was able to uncover that her wand was a wand of teleportation! An awesome gift to come from Flan, this'll aid her well.... Then while battling more creature....Nue received another gift....a rather useless one..... a shiny balnd mail...not something nue should equip.... as it'll be useless to her.... especially for her magic. Maybe later...

And then a short time later, Nue leveled up to level 10! Awesome!

With this, Nue decided to take on the only places she did not uncover completely.... the mysterious bees nest!

While testing a scroll, Nue found that there's an alter in the bees nest, and it appeared pretty open, however it was well guarded by bees.

Equiping her ring of poison resistance, and whip of poisoning Nue played a game of cat and mouse with the bees!  Mostly luring 1-2 bees at a time and whipping them till they are poisoned thus leading them to die from poisoning thanks to thier speed. Course at one occasion Nue nearly lost to a bee, but with her potions of healing she recoved well enough to get back into the fight.

At times she even had to  use the wand of paralysis to stop the bee's attack so that she could quiclkly kill them off.

For around the last 1000 turns, Nue spent her time doing the following....luring bees out, killing them with her poison whip, chopping up their meat and eating it and if there were spares turn them into poison potions. Rest till fully healed, rinse and repeat.

In fact I spend an extra 700 turns because I felt I didn't want anyone to suffer with the fate Nue has to endure with bees!  I know I wouldn't....

Regardless I may had taken a bit of a gamble, Flan became bored and decided to give Nue a bad status effect.  She now feels frail. Meaning she's got -10% Max HP. Not painful for now, but in the long run this can be a concern. Maybe this'll change with time....

She then got a little bit happier, but soon afterward  I had to retired. As I was over my turn limit. But not over the restriction limits. But as one last act, Flan decided to throw stones at Nue. :P

And so as of right now Nue is still on floor 9. And my turn is over.

_____

Too long to read? Here's the short version it can be be described in this video...

Enjoy!

_____

For the next person in line:
If you decide to go dance with the bees, I advice you that you keep your poison whip equipped, and poison resistance ring on. These are vital for both eating and surviving.

Cause as far as I know, bees are your only food now until you can get to the honey comb area.

The bees hit quick and hard, and it their hits all connect it'll take you a bit. So don't be afaird to use your wand if needed. And if you can breach into the bee chamber  try to see if you can confuse them if they're still in a group, and even further poison them!

Other wise, the best approach and the safest is to continue luring 1-2 bees at a time with full health. And whipping them with the poison whip. And if they leave a corpse, chop it up, you'll need their meat if you want to preserve your food supply until you can enter the chamber.

Choice is yours though....

Stuffman, it's your turn! Go grab the file and help Nue embark on her quest to obtain...THE BEER OF ZUN!

As for now, I will go ahead and say once again....SIGN ME UP AGAIN!!!

And from what I can see the waiting list is still the same:

Waiting list:

Stuffman
headcrabs
Chaore
Zengar
Totaku

« Last Edit: May 16, 2010, 07:11:17 PM by Totaku »
That's one small step for man, one giant leap for Otaku Kind.
Tsunami Channel Home of  Japanese webcomics Artist Akira Hasegawa.
My Deviant Art site gallery
Now I Twitter

Stuffman

• We're having a ball!
Re: Crawl Relay Part 2: Dungeon Boogaloo
« Reply #31 on: May 16, 2010, 11:54:50 PM »
Alright, off we go again. As I begin the run, you can see in Totaku's last screenshot that Nue is surrounded by pools of blood on either side. An ill omen.

Nue's missing a bit of HP and she's hungry, but I know better than to rest under Flan's watchful eye.

I fully intend to get rid of these bees and claim the sweet sweet honey within, so here goes! I pick one bee off easily enough, but I accidentally attract a lot more attention on my dip than I would've liked, four bees and one kobold. Oh dear! A wand of flame would be ever so nice right about now...I evaporate a poison potion and clear them out with only a bit of damage. The slow movement of the kobold let me back up enough to do it.

On my next dip, Flan gives me a new pal to play with - a Chaos Spawn! One of these guys was responsible for my death earlier, so having him on my side now is pretty cool. He wipes out the bees easily.

However, the next time I try putting him in the lead, the bees take him down, sadly. Another poison evaporation makes short work of them, though. Since you can also get poison potions out of them, this is quite an efficient way to fight. The large pile of corpses leaves me more than I started with, getting up to 10 of them!

As I move lower, I don't encounter more bees at first. Totaku must've cleared most of them out. While I observe the large number of honeycombs, the queen bee reveals herself! I back off to my trusty corridor and chuck evaporated poisons at it. She goes down with just one; her slower movement speed prevents her from catching me.

The hive is ours! Look at all that goddamn honey! It's more than we can carry, actually...Nue eats until she's full, and packs the rest up to haul them to the temple. As she's gathering them up, Flan gives us some gold as a reward, but at the same time reduces our status to toy. Ah well.

Oh, shit! A troll! I chuck a poison at it and successfully stall it with a wand of paralyzation, then walk over to pound it with the hammer. Just then, Flandre inflicts a sense of bloodlust on Nue, turning her berserk, and the troll's paralysis wears off! Can Nue triumph!?

Amazing! She can! She flattens the troll with her hammer, with about 30 HP remaining. That was dangerous!

I begin my trek up to the temple. A bee accosts me on the way there, but Flandre sends a sun demon to intercept. The demon proves a useful companion, removing a jelly for me at no risk. I make it to the temple without further incident.

As long as I'm dropping some food here, why not start a more significant stash, since we're carrying so much crap? Nue doesn't have much strength to haul a bunch of stuff around.
I dropped the following:
- 8 scrolls of teleport (holding 5, should be enough), all enchant armor/weapon scrolls (we can wait until we find a more worthy weapon for them), a recharging, 4 remove curse (carrying 3), and 2 fear (carrying 3).
- the robe and the falchion of draining (useful, but it's a long blade...we don't want to train ANOTHER weapon skill).
- the amulet of rage, which I doubt we'll be using much
Anyone who wants this stuff can come back and grab it on their run.

While I'm in a nice safe spot, I decide to also try our un-ID'd potions and scrolls. They are paralyzation, invisibility, mutation (wasted since I was wearing the amulet) and magic; the scrolls are alarm, blink, curse armor, and paper. Which, come to think of it, is the same things I ID'd on my last turn. Well whatever, the important thing is they're on our ID list.

Back to (former) Bee Land! I start sweeping the glassed area, looking to clean out the floor before moving onto Dungeon 10. I attack an ice beast without incident, but chasing it down to finish it off leads me into a centaur, which is also killed without incident. In the meantime, Nue's HP has recovered fully from moving around so much. Nue has become reasonably survivable at this point. Or maybe she's just having some luck, who knows.

Nue spends a bit more time sweeping the floor, which displeases Flan. She hits Nue with a torment. So much for full HP. Nue grits her teeth, and heads down to Dungeon 10!

Ooh, a wand. I test it on the first enemy I encounter, a giant toad. It's a wand of slowing, and using it randomly appeared to amuse Flandre. We all know how much she likes wands.

Nue finds a dragon armor, which is neat, but we all know she won't be wearing heavy armor.

A battle suddenly goes sour! A sneak attack on a pack of orcs with a poison evaporation quickly gets out of hand as kobolds jump into the fray. Snakes are summoned, kobolds go down, but a centaur slips in and strikes Nue with a deadly arrow! 4 HP remain! I quaff a healing potion, then successfully target it with the confusion wand, buying time to spam more snakes. The crisis appears averted, as I move forward with the snakes as cover. I even pick up a few of the centaur's arrows as compensation!

Nue has 21 HP as the dust settles. Ohh, I'd really like to rest but Flan will kill me...

I find two staves not 2 tiles apart from each other. Interesting! I spend a Detect Curse to make sure nothing bad happens, they try them. One is a staff of power, the other's effect is not obvious. We won't need the staff of power, so I dump it and consider IDing the other one later.

Wandering around, nothing else scary pops up - a snake, a big kobold, and a few generic orcs. Nue mostly recovers in the time it takes to eliminate them.

I kill a giant frog, and...oh dear. Oh dear, oh dear. Flandre must have really liked that frog. Nue is mutated badly; she loses 2 Str and becomes deformed. Flan's mutations are becoming disastrous...well, all we can do now is press on and hope for a potion of cure mutation.

Yikes! An Unseen Horror! Of course, we can see it, but these guys are a little on the beefy side. I toss poison at it, but the battle still goes badly! Nue falls to critical HP! I take advantage of its jumpy nature to put snakes between us, who finish the job. Killing the horror brings us to level 11, with the following foreboding ability gained:

I guess I'll get to see what it does this time.

As I engage an ice beast, things get a bit ugly; I was preparing to spam snakes and run away to recover some health, but Flandre hits me with a terrible confusion effect that makes it difficult to attack without hitting my own snakes. I eventually drive the beast away, but the confusion makes it impossible to give chase.

As I am now encumbered from the Str loss, I chow on a bunch of the honeycombs I couldn't bring to the temple to lighten my load. Exploring a bit more, I find another wand, and one of those little black boxes! Being a spellcaster, I'll wager Nue can make some use of this.

Oh wait, nevermind, I'm dead again.

Not a moment later I wander around a corner and get a wolf spider in the face. I neglected to put on my resist poison ring again after fighting the ice beasts earlier, so when I try to run I am quickly bit and poisoned to death.

It's just as well, I suppose; those mutations were terrible for us in the long run.

I never will get to try that ability, will I?

Good luck, headcrabs; I'll sign up one more time.

communist unity (comm-unity)

• Boss of the Gym
  • 100% salt
« Reply #32 on: May 18, 2010, 07:13:48 PM »
Sorry for the delay, stuff popped up in real life that made me feel absolutely exhausted yesterday. (otherwise I would have had this done like two days ago)

For starters, hunger is kicking our ass. A few turns later has me feeling 'very hungry', so I down a meat ration and rest up. My dex returns as well so that's swell. I kill a bee north, and then go south to attract more bees. I use the advanced tactic "use a potion of agility and poison them one by one", killing most of the bees. I continue this until most of the bees are gone. Ice form proves useful against the ice beast (and remaining bees) I run into. Queen bee goes down to a few poison potions. There's a lot of honey here, more than we can pick up.

There's also an altar here, which I can only assume is the BEE GOD. It doesn't even accept worship from Nue's kind anyways, so not only is it a BEE GOD, it's racist against youkai. I spend time making sure the entire floor is cleared up. I drink an unIDed potion in order to pick up more honey, which only "makes us feel strange". Interesting. I go downstairs, and end up in the middle of nowhere surrounded by enemies. I see this and go back upstairs. We're not using these stairs. Also: we got demoted to toy.

I go down another flight, explore a bit, and run into a hill giant. Who hurts like hell and has me against a wall. I pop a teleport scroll...

and end up here. Fantastic. I pop a potion of speed and get the hell upstairs. For the record, that seems like a wall-less floor, meaning it's one giant open room. Not good. There was also giant toad right near the escape hatch on 9F. I end up using another teleport scroll.  :(

I rest a bit, and head for the third set of stairs. (There are three stairs on each level, meaning if one leaves you in an undisirable location, you can always go down another set)

SUDDENLY HILL OGRE AND CYCLOPS
I run like hell, throwing poison potions at both of them. Hill ogre goes down quickly. Cyclops is steadily advancing.

In a surprising twist, Flandre helps me out for once. I also run into a troll, but I swap my amulets and rage his ass off. Finally, we're at the third set of stairs. Let's see where this leads.

I bypass the ogre and get the hell downstairs.

In hindsight, this was a terrible idea. The teleport scroll failed to save me. I use my teleport rod, cross my hands, and end up somewhere relatively safe.

We also get a gift for our brave risk-taking and close encounter with death. I rest. and BEES.
Looks like we may have another hive on our hands. I kill it angrily. I sit here, killing any stray bees or were-keines that come my w--

:colonveeplusalpha:
oh shitohshitohshit.

I run like hell, paralyze an ant to trap them in the room, and run into a queen bee. I pop a random potion. It's invisibility. Good. Then Flandre turns the bee into an elf. Could have done it earlier, and ideally to the hydra, but I won't complain. I kill it and we level up.

\o/ I rest up a bi--

NOT A GOOD TIME, FLANDRE. At least we end up in a relatively safe position. I run downstairs to scan it.

Stairs to the lair are here. It's wide open though, so I'll go back up. I explore carefully, watching out for the numerous badguys we have on this floor. I pick up a scroll of immolation for the hell of it. We may need this... somehow.

It turns out those stairs we saw on our teleport ride lead to the hive, where we can get even more honey, and kill even more bees. I'll wait on this. I end up having some trouble with a wolf spider, so I use a fear scroll to get away. Flandre glasses a corner of walls, which doesn't have any effect in the long run.

I also find a book of the warp. This can be very useful if we want to bother learning teleport magic. Flandre smiles and gives us three royal jellies. Nice. I ID the gauntlets we got, and it turns out to be another gauntlets of strength. We have a +2 gauntlets and +1 gauntlets, so I drop the +1. Don't think we need that anymore.

I pawn a wand of draining from a random enemy. Which I end up using twice against a wolf spider. Those dudes are tough.

I run into this guy again. Pop a poison, and run the hell downstairs. Turns out to be a pretty safe level, except for some eel asshole who keeps zapping us. There's a stairway back upstairs again. I go up. I almost die again due to being zerged by a few yaks. But I'm fine. There's only a good five hundred or so turns left, so I just use those to rest up to full. I end up having to drain zap a wyvern to death before this though. I have no idea how strong they are, and I am not dying at the end of my turn.

Basically, we have a giant pissed off hydra somewhere on this level. Going upstairs is out of the question unless you feel like you can handle it, and downstairs seems to be a pool level or something. There's a few eels who'll zap you as you move along. You can also go to the lair or bee hive.

There's still a few pieces of honey (like five or so) if you can make it back to 9F. But we can probably get more from the hive anyways. I also picked up a staff and switched to rage amulet. So we probably want to switch back to the resist mutation one.

On the subject of the hydra, it has seven heads. I'm not exactly sure if we can take it down. It might be better just to ignore it and head on down to 12F or the hive.

Sign me up for another one. Good luck in your crawling, Chaore.

Chaore

• Kai Ni Recipient Many Years Late
  • You Finally Did It, Kadokawa.
« Reply #33 on: May 18, 2010, 11:44:56 PM »

So, Here we are. Dungeon 11! Home of a Hydra I completely ignore in favor of killing some dudes down here. We're currently encumbered, and by not taking care of this right here and now, I make things harder on myself.

Flandrom seems kind today, tossing me some gold in the middle of a fight with a wraith. Due to being an idiot, I pause while still engaged and pick up the gold.

This happens. We kill the wraith and head off northwards, our level regained from the fresh blood on our whip.

ARGH where did this guy come from? I literally didn't see him till I was right on him. I dispatch of him handily. The orc behind him has a paralyze wand which I don't pick up due to being encumbered. I then go on to make some potions and-

Get overloaded. I ditch the stones we never seem to use in response.

I then get roughed up by an Orc wizard. I teleport the hell out of there and end up near the stairs, so thinking it's a good idea to bail down there instead of resting-

Oh. Fuck. Hi Mr. Hydra.

FFFFFFFFFFF- GET DOWN THE STAIRS NUE GET DOWN THE STAIRS.

I get down the stairs! I should be safe n-

Wha-

This means I go up, I die to a hydra. I stay here, I hope I can dodge a lightning bolt long enough to teleport wand the two away. I try option 2.

We become extra crispy. Thus, Nue is dead -again- on my watch.

Personal Death Count: 2 Strikes, no hits. Sign me up again, If I mess up again I'll consider myself relieved of Nue duty.

Edit: Also, get to cleaving evil Zengar.

Zengar Zombolt

• Space-Time Tuning Circle - Wd/Fr
  • Green-Red Divine Clock
« Reply #34 on: May 19, 2010, 11:48:47 PM »
Hello, peeps. I'm Zengar, and we're in a tight situation.
Being encumbered is a no-no. I drop the stones (lol). After killing an orc, I pick up another wand, just to entertain Flan later on.
http://img94.imageshack.us/img94/7930/82809193.png
FU-
Paralyzed it. I think it may be a good idea to zap im' with the non Id'd wand. It's random effects, hooray! Just what Flan likes!
http://img341.imageshack.us/img341/831/27656683.png
OH FOR GOD'S SAKE
Teleporting a bit. Actually I think that confusion may take this Death Yak on, so I return to do some potion flinging. However, it's not around, so after some killing and eating, I decide to wander around instead. Note that the wraith that's around is very dangerous, and almost killed me.
Floor 12! it's a pool floor. And the eels are killing me. I better play it safe and go through the border-
http://img535.imageshack.us/img535/4142/60585910.png
OH FOR THE LOVE OF-
TELEPORT
http://img714.imageshack.us/img714/9678/91229610.png
FLAAAAAN
Luckily these stairs will-
http://img227.imageshack.us/img227/1208/97408756.png
SCREW YOU FLAN ;_____;
The one thing she does, and it kills me.
Oh well, Totaku. Have at you!
Also /in again.

Stuffman

• We're having a ball!
« Reply #35 on: May 20, 2010, 07:58:18 AM »
Good god, is 0.6.0 a player slaughterhouse or what?

Zengar Zombolt

• Green-Red Divine Clock
« Reply #36 on: May 20, 2010, 02:47:35 PM »
Good god, is 0.6.0 a player slaughterhouse or what?
Nah, it's the combination of Xom + Squishy body + no good armor. I would have tackled the lair instead fo going to D:12.

Totaku

« Reply #37 on: May 22, 2010, 08:53:43 PM »
ok people I finished my turn so here's my story on Nue's adventure...

As we were last left off, Nue was on the 11th floor... Most of the place was cleared out, with the exception of the rankkuri and a few monster, Nue decided that she had to go and do some back tracking so she began to explore the earlier regions..... of floor 10.... Flan decide to play a trick with us by weakening Nue to the point that she was forced to drop her honey combs for the time being....

During that time she worked on her transmutation magic until...

Her spellcasting increased to level 4!! Time to start getting to work on some magic learning.

And thankfully, her transfiguriration magic was up high
So I taught her one of better spells in the book....

BLADE HANDS!!!!

Blade hands is a rather useful spell in the transfiguration book. With this spell Nue can instantly transform her hands into blades. Course in this form, her gloves and her weapons are put away. But in place of it, Nue gets BLADE HANDS!!!

In which she can slash the crap out of any enemy as long as the spell is in effect.

Another good thing about this is Nue can boost her unarm combat skills which in turn can make her do even more damage with her blade hands spell over time. Extremly useful!

Course I'm curious if you can enchant your blade hands to have fire bland or something like that. Cause if so....Rankkuri extermination will come easy!

Just then Flan decided to give Nue a magic book! What could it be? As it turns out...it was...

Spartial Translocation huh? Seems Flan's trying to tell us to learn translocation magic. To be honest that can be useful. we can decide on that later though...

Later on, Nue came across a ring shop on the 10th floor,

when she went inside she found a ring of +4 strength, a amulet of resist corrosion and an amulet of stasism the rest were either junk or not useful. She could only buy one ring however and as it turned out she bought the ring of +4 str. Sadly her invetory was full so she would have to wait a bit before putting the ring on....

As Nue pressed onward, she came across undead things and then Flan decided to give Nue an demonic minion to aid her. Sort of awesome if you ask me.

Before too long Nue was hit by a flying spore that exploded in her face. And left her confused for a bit, but then she found all these fungi around.

It's important to know that when you confront floating spore and destory the mushrooms you can destory the fungi colony if you destory all of them and as a result.... you get around a 500 experience bonus!

Course floor 10 was fun until I was ganged up by a strange old lady named Joshpine who was a necromancery. In most cases she's surrounded by a squad of undead people, but this time she had some living servant. And since she knew bolt of ice this made things harder.... Nue was forced to retreat from Josephine in order to heal and recover...

Course Flan didn't see that as fun... so...

She decided to mutate Nue further...

She now made nue stupid (-1 int), her muscles are strong, (+1 Str) but stiff (-1 dex), her body is wisted and deform, make it so she get's less armor class this especially applies to heavy armor, thankfully she's only wears leather armor, so the loss isn't significant...

And a higher healing rate which means decent regenration powers!

Sort of bad, but I'm not complainting really. It can be dealt with.

After a bit of time, Nue was able to be Joshpine and her minions down with the help of her blade hands and some confusion potions.

Nue then came across an amulet, could it be something worth it?

Indeed it was! As it was the Gourdman amulet! With this Nue could now consume meat until she is stuff and if worn long enough she can't get sick from food that would make her sick in general. So now she had to eat her fill so that she wouldn't have to worry about the effects of her magic affecting her appitite.

Nue then proceed down to floor 12 where she's greeted by a troll. Despite the green visister being a threat, nue used her confusion potion on it. As expected. Using a confusion potion on a monster near deep water usually results in them falling in a drowning = free experience!

Before too long, Nue made haste into the Lair as an Ikkuri emerged out from out of nowhere in the waters near her.

Welcome to the Lair, in here, the Lair serves as a place where animals roam usually and is one of the early dungeon locations. The dungeon also serves as one of the few "safe areas" where you can keep your supplies at.

This was where Nue started putting down all her extra items that she didn't need.

As Nue was placing down her unwanted items, Flan decided to play a terrible joke on Nue as she drained her level back to level 10! Ouch!

thankfully though she was able to level back up after running into some Sukusuku hakutakus and slice them apart using her BLADE HANDS!! And Nue was engorged soo after....

Back up to floor 12 and to run back and get the supplies.

On her way up she found a wand and begin to test it on some enemies. And as it turned out it was a wand of random effects.

Usually this is something I would throw away, but this time, it'll serve as a benifit as it can be useful as an entertainment tool for Flandre.

Cause as you all know Flan loves it when your in a desparate situation.

Also on the 12th floor Nue found a wand shop. Filled with plenty of useful wands like teleportation, digging, fire cold and so forth. Sadly, not alot of money to spend on them so we skipped them for now....

Nue proceeded back up to floor 10, grabbed her ring of +4 Strength, and her honey combs, proceed back down but....

CHHHHEEEEEEENNNN!!!!!

A wild rankkuri appeared. A seven tailed one to be exact. And too close to really escape from....what to do....

Teleport!!

She managed to escaped and returned to floor 12. Then she ran into a Necromange... naturally they're not tough, but without a potion of healing it can spell trouble in the long run since they can rot you!

Teleport!

Ikkuris!! hide and then go blade hands and run up and slice them! ect ect.

Way too many close encounters.... So I decided it would be best to go down to the Lair for now.... Nue spent her time exploring floor one of the Lair. and mainly covered nearly all areas before she took a brake at 25000 even!

Thus ending my  turn....

Here is her current stats

And her current mutations

Words of advice: For now we should spend our time exploring the lair, it's should be less dangerous compared to  the dungeon at the moment. If you want to learn dig from the transmutation book, feel free to. Since it can save us from using wands. Otherwise we can also learn translacation magic since it can help us.

Course I also recommend using blade hand since you can slice anything with it. Just don't go slicing Rankkuris. It'll only make them grow more tails....and that's never a good thing. And of course your ring of poison reististance will come in handy here. So keep it on when nessary.

From what I can see based on who vollunteered, the list is the same, Stuffman, it's your turn!

The save file is down at the very bottom as usual.

And here's the new mod update. I mainly did some mod changes with several more monsters, and a few uniques.
http://www.mediafire.com/?kwmedjydqoh
And also added in a few sprites for other things too (mainly under a special request).... that's about it though.

Good luck and happy crawling!

Current waiting list:

Stuffman
headcrabs
Chaore
Zengar
Totaku
« Last Edit: May 22, 2010, 09:03:58 PM by Totaku »
Now I Twitter

Stuffman

• We're having a ball!
« Reply #38 on: May 22, 2010, 11:37:18 PM »
Ah, the Lair. The Lair is like a refreshing breeze in a dungeon crawl. Like a stroll through the park on a sunny day. Nothing here is terribly dangerous, save for maybe some Rankurris and various types of Drakes-- oh right, Flandre. Yeah, I'm screwed. Alright, off I go...

First things first, I drop a few more things we don't really need to be carrying; the robe, the ring of dex and sustenance (since we're favoring Str now and we have the Gourmand amulet), the book of Changes now that we know everything except Dig, and a couple copies of scrolls we don't need too many of. However, of note is that we are running low on teleport scrolls. Hopefully we'll find some more down here.

Totaku already has Lair 1 cleared out, so I'm gonna head down to Lair 2.

The first thing I am greeted by is a crocodile and a pack of jackals. As I recall, in 0.6.0 crocs are reskins of giant iguanas, which means they're fairly beefy. Time to try out this Blade Hands thing!

HOLY CRAP Blade Hands slaughters anything if you as much as tap it. The croc went down in two hits! It doesn't last very long, though; it could wear off in the middle of a big fight if you don't pay attention.

Nue starts tearing her way through the Lair like nobody's business, taking out at least a dozen rats and a smattering of other things. I barely even noticed with how powerful Blade Hands is. I'll need to be careful not to get overconfident with this! Nue is a bit of a glass cannon right now, probably.

But oh my god, it's all dying so easily!

Frogs...snails...giant centipede...die, all of you!

MORE BLOOD! BLOOD FOR FLANDRE!

YES! THIS IS A SIGN OF HER FAVOR!

Lair 2 is quickly cleared in Nue's wake...

Onto Lair 3, we are greeted with this message!

The Labyrinth is on this floor! We are well equipped to tackle it, and reaching the end will grant Nue a significant stash of treasure. I begin searching for it, tearing into a huge pack of green rats...whoa! Before I know it, Nue has taken significant damage, so I teleport out. As I thought, it's easy to get overconfident with Blade Hands. But I have to move fast to find the Labyrinth!

As I race across Lair 3, I see numerous shops; this appears to be one of those merchant floors that pop up every once in a while. I'll check out their wares once I clear the Labyrinth.

Aha! There it is!

Alright, let's get started. The Labyrinth is unique in that you cannot map it; you simply have to find your way to the end. Fortunately, there are a few visual cues; the wall types will change as you get closer to the center. At the end, you must fight the minotaur, and you claim a few pieces of rare treasure when you do.

Now, here's the other trick to the Labyrinth: nothing's in it! Except for the stuff at the end, there are no monsters and no treasure. Since you'll be wandering for a long time with nothing to pick up, it's possible to starve if you don't bring enough food. However, Nue has hardly any need for real food anymore now that she has the Amulet of the Gourmand, so I don't mind eating up our stock here.

The Labyrinth can be solved like any other, just pick a wall and follow it along the side.

Oh wait, I forgot there IS something else in the Labyrinth. Flandre. Let's hope she doesn't get bored...well, the first thing she does is give me a pile of gold, so maybe it won't be too bad.

Wow. That was fast. I could probably take him with Blade Hands, but there's no reason to not play it safe. I'll try to poison and confuse him first. Flan even jumps in, sending a manes and a koakuma to aid me, but the minotaur quickly disposes of them. I take the time to switch to my amulet of rage and Blade Hands, and IT'S GO TIME.

Geez. The minotaur got a shot with his dagger of venom for about a third of Nue's life, but she took him down in two hits. Blade Hands, fuck yeah!

Alright, here's our haul. I sit down to ID it.
- a blackened book -> Qacivazo's Almanac of Shifting Attacks (Sting, Throw Frost, Sticky Flame, Lee's Rapid Deconstruction, Alter Self)
- a heavily runed glass ring -> the ring "Muufut" (ring of Fire with resist Poison)
- a sharpened iron wand ->
- a curved jewelled rod -> a +4 rod of smiting
- a jewelled chain mail -> the +3 chain mail of Pnodoss (Dex +3, Damage +3)
- an ichor-stained centaur barding (...)
- a thin jewelled staff -> staff of conjuration

The rod is awesome. We just got a self-recharging boomstick. I'm afraid I'm not too familiar with magic in Crawl so I don't know how many of those spells are useful. The ring can probably replace our Resist Poison ring, unless we're going somewhere cold. The rod of smiting sounds really neat, and some other stuff might be useful. I grab all but the barding (who knows, the chain mail might be useful some day) and bring it back up to our stash.

While I'm at it, I'm having inventory issues (had to eat some small food and a potion to make room for this stuff, so I start doing un-ID'd potions/scrolls again. I won't go over everything, but I did discover something I had picked up was a scroll of Acquirement! Normally you'd want to wish for jewelry to help round out your resistances, but Nue already has a pretty good selection so I'm going to wish for armor, which Nue is really lacking. She doesn't even have boots or a cloak yet! Sadly, it turns out to be a bust. She gets an artifact ring mail. Just as an extra slap in the face, it's -1 with only resist electric. Sigh.

Here's our stash now. I'm travelling light.

Now to resume exploring Lair 3, and to check out those shops!

I wander around Lair 3, browsing each shop before buying anything. I have got to say that I fucking love this Rod of Smiting. Most things die before they can even get to us. Must survive to keep this! Also, Nue's Transmutations moves up to level 9 due to Blade Hands.

Here's what's for sale in the Lair 3 mall:

Nue has only about 400 gold. Too bad, there's quite a few utility items here I'd like, such as the wand of healing.  I pick up the boots and the cloak to round out Nue's armor (bumping her AC up to a meager 10...), and buy a few scrolls of Teleportation, refilling our stock of those.

Here's the last thingy of interest in Lair 3. How curious!

I change to ice form to float over while engaging the fish. Here's what's inside: SWAMP WORMS. Flan berserks me, encouraging me to take them on, so I sit in the doorway, wiping out the worms with reckless abandon!

But then-- what the--

I literally don't know what happened.

The battle was going so well, Nue wiped out like six worms taking almost no damage. I pressed a key and nothing happened, so I tried to get Nue to move again, then a couple turns flew by in a split second and I got the death screen. I think what might have happened is that the game lagged for a moment and then processed all my input, and Nue died from it.

I don't really mind dying, but...that rod of smiting... ;_;

I am too disheartened to continue. I won't sign up again right now, maybe later.

• Boss of the Gym
  • 100% salt
« Reply #39 on: May 24, 2010, 12:19:58 AM »
okay this is the second time I had to rewrite this update from memory because I keep getting logged out/critical notepad failure
expect more pictures than text

First off, I rest. I don't like committing to new floors without being at full HP. After that, downwards we go~

After beating up a rat for his pocket change, I find a golden wand, an identify scroll, and a cloak. All close by. I can only assume the RNG wants me to use them. I ID the wand as a 4 charge wand of haste, and the cloak selfIDs as a +2 cloak of protection. Nice.

I go north a bit and find a wand of enslavement. I am now Flandre's favorite toy, and she shows this by spawning a bunch of confused, friendly butterflies which disappear after a few seconds...

:/

Okay then, I move on. I find a purple book, let's see what it is, shall we?

Holy crap! This is pretty much the best book we can find for our class! This opens up the possibility of DRAGON NUE in the near future!  :]
Aside from that, there's nothing more to find on Lair 2. I descend to Lair 3. I find another book of changes, which is nice as a backup, I suppos--

SUDDENLY BEES

HEAVEN OR HELL
LET'S ROCK

Flandre is thrilled by this, and summons some help my way. I throw poison potions and summon as many snakes as I can. I zap a few bees here and there with my brand new wand of enslavement to turn the tide of battle in my favor.

I WIN, BITCHES!
To the victor, goes the spoils: Craploads of honeycombs, some royal jelly, a potion of mutation, and a potion of paralysis.

Unfortunately, I can't carry all of it. I spend the next 1000 turns hauling all of that honey back to Nue's Secret Hideout(tm). I'm also tired of being weighed down all of the time, so I drop a few water and poison potions. Turns out that one of the potions was one that grants a permanent INT boost. The two rings I picked up are an artifact ring (which boosts our max mana by 9 and gives us resistance against enchantments), a ring of magical energy, and a +5 ring of evasion.

I got a few demotions while doing this, so Flandre isn't too happy. Regardless, I descend down to Lair 4 and explore a bit.

and Flandre further wrecks our DEX and form. We're now 'hideously deformed'. Meaning armor is steadily mattering less and less for us.
Don't worry Nue! You're still beautiful on the inside  :ohdear:

Noted. I'm not going to enter the snake pit yet, though. I'll do that later if I can.

STOP IT  >:(

Oh shit! TELEPOR'

WHY. NO.

something tells me i'm going to need more teleport scrolls. I use my wand to get the hell out of there. I proceed to get chased by a grizzly bear all over the map until I recover; Then I wipe most of the floor clean of enemies.

In a change of events, Flandre rewards us with a gifted amulet.

Noice, mate. I proceed to descend down to Lair 5 an--holy crap these orange rats hurt. I end up using my haste wand to abscond the hell away from those bastards. Looks like we're not taking these stairs.

Nor are we taking the others, because there's unsightly monsters there too. I'll just use the third set.

:/
Looks like we're not allowed in Lair 5 until we stock up on some more teleport scrolls. I'm also getting burdened with crap again, so I make my way back to our stash. Do we seriously need 10 remove curse scrolls weighing us down?

Once I get there, I drop those remove curse/detect curse scrolls. I keep a few on hand though, just in case. I'm also dropping this robe and hammer; I'm not making much use of these now. I'm pretty sure blade hands is more effective at killing stuff, anyhow. I swap out my zero charge paralysis wand for a new one. We can recharge it later on if we want to/need to.

Our stash as it appears now. It's getting quite impressive, if I must say so myself.

I make my way back to Lair 5. On the way there, Flan rewards me with a chaos spawn; this should prove useful for establishing a foothold there. I take it downstairs and promptly wreck their shit. After it disappears, I cautiously explore with my remaining turns.

oh hey a gift! It's an unidentified scro--oh hey another gift, this time a wand. I have a bunch of identify scrolls lying around, so I waste no time in using them. Turns out we've just gotten not only a scroll of acquirement, but an eleven charge wand of disintegration
:dragonforce:
Then Flandre gifts us a +2 leather armor of positive energy, which should prove useful against those orange rat bastards who nearly killed me earlier. Finally, Flandre sends me on a teleport ride throughout the level, and we end up here.

I clear out the corner to establish safety, and end my turn.  :toot:
Among other things, we have obtained:
- An artifact ring.
- An advanced transformations book.
- What amounts to a scroll of wishing.
- A nice enchanted cape.
- A wand of disintegration.
- Enchanted, branded armor.
- Craploads of honeycombs.

TG: it is fucking christmas up in here you wouldn't even believe it

I'll leave it up to a more advanced player to decide what we want to get from the scroll.

And hell yes, sign me up for another one. though my insane luck here probably just set me up for a death streak.  :]
Good luck in your crawling, Chaore.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2010, 12:29:59 AM by headcrabs »

Nat Tea

• ★三 ☆三 ★三 ☆三 ★三
  • 三☆ 三★ 三☆ 三★ 三☆
« Reply #40 on: May 25, 2010, 03:46:47 PM »
/in
Horie dorie~
Pixiv: http://pixiv.me/choja / PSO2: Choja (Ship5) / 3DS: 3496-9942-9472 / PSVITA: choja206 (English) / chojahiragawajpn (Japanese) / Cosplays: Koishi Komeiji, Kogasa Tatara
Tumblr contains cooking and cosplay. Twitter contains me retweeting everything.
I draw but I do not use artist title. I also write, but I have been inactive lately. I want to get better at those things and more!

Chaore

• Kai Ni Recipient Many Years Late
  • You Finally Did It, Kadokawa.
« Reply #41 on: May 25, 2010, 11:17:33 PM »

It's a beautiful day for adventuring down here in Lair 5! Perfectly peachy, really.

This...doesn't speak well of my future relations with our overlord Flandrom, Well, Anyway I go on to sta-

Oh fuck. Wyvern.

It takes two scrolls to get the hell away from that thing, the first sent me a -few inches away-.

Oh for fucks, make that three.

Almost Dead, I make a beeline for the upstairs floor and come back down later at full health after screwing around.

Unsurprisingly, the Wyvern is waiting for me.

It's amazing what a few posion potions can do when evaporated. That is the main threat, hopefully gone.

A jade ring! I don't know what the hell it does.

This guy shouldn't be too hard, ri-

Fuck. Well, I guess that's it folks. Third death an-

F...Flandrom? You care! Thanks to her intervention I manage to bail back to the top floor, restore up and-

Get killed again. The bottom floor stairway there pretty much would lead me into shitload more monsters at low HP. Pretty no win.

As I've said. This means quits for me, I will not be signing up for another round at this time.

Sorry folks. I've contributed nothing useful.

Stuffman

• We're having a ball!
« Reply #42 on: May 26, 2010, 07:55:47 AM »
Spiny Frogs are no fucking joke. Even tanks need a little extra oomph to take them on safely.

Zengar Zombolt

• Green-Red Divine Clock
« Reply #43 on: May 27, 2010, 06:28:50 PM »
Crawl times. This time, We won't fail. I hope.
After killing some stuff, I find a ring of life protection. This is nice, since we will need it a lot later. However, our pack is full. I leave a ring of evasion for now.
Let's use the scroll of aqcuirement!
Weapons aren't that needed. Nue's body is hideously deformed, so I won't get armor. Jewellery isn't needed either, since we have plenty already.
We're saving for the heavy transmutation spells right now, so no books. Gold and food are really silly, so no either. I'll get a wand.
It's a wand of hasting! Nice. Also, I kill that goddamn Wyvern thanks to confusing it! Groovy! Also killing a Giant Pyonta.
http://h.imagehost.org/0522/CR1.png
Hooray! Also, we recover our lost dex!
http://h.imagehost.org/0423/CR2.png
Eh? Whatever. Next floor!
http://j.imagehost.org/0322/CR3.png
...Or not. Scram!
http://h.imagehost.org/0833/CR4.png
This is more like it.
http://j.imagehost.org/0387/CR5.png
Or not. FUCK PYONTA
Should have tossed a confuse potion at them when they were all together. Whatever. /in again and stuff.
Also, HEAVILY CONSIDER to heal Nue's deformed body. The lack of armor is just too much for us.
Totaku, Avenge me! (Again)

Totaku

« Reply #44 on: May 29, 2010, 04:19:21 PM »
OK people I'm back with another Crawl report! Let's begin!

Our story begins back in floor 5, Nue had her share of difficulty but before going deeper, she realized that she needs to go and lighten her supplies! So she returned back up to the first floor of the Lair once again....

While on her way up Nue noticed that she had a scroll of Aquierment. Better use it now than never. So she asked for a ring and she got..

A ring of fire protection. This should help her out!

Course right after taking care of her supply issue... well Flan get back to her usual lulz habits....

During her time back down the lair Nue went and explored floor 3 and 4 as those areas were not fully explored. She did manage to find some goods down there too!

A ring of life Protection! This should make the draining attack far less painful!

Thankfully after all that, Nue's dex return and so she went to the 6th floor of the Lair...

The area was open ended on the most part so hiding wouldn't be easy. Plenty of savage animals to deal with including the now common sukusuku hakutaku. Along her way, Nue found two interesting objects...

A black box and a crystal ball. These two objects are interesting, I didn't examine them though because I didn't know if Nue could get any real benifit from them so I left them. If you all want you can go back for it...

WIth further exploring Nue uncovered two branches in the dungeon! Along the far right is the path to the slime pits! Full of nothing but slime, slime, suikas and more slime! :P

And to the top right is the branch to The Shoals. A new area that was added into the official crawl game. It can replace the swamps or snake pits randomly in each new game (or not appear at all). Down here you can walk the beaches get to see all the awesome auqatic life and experience high tide! And you can also find the Barnecal rune down here....course it may be located in a place very far out of reach (I gave you a valuable hint right here.)

And of course over to the left is an annoying fire drake. A little fire breathing whelp that loves the scorch you with fire. Thankfully fire protection ring saves us from most of the damage.

Then Nue ran into some serious trouble at the far right end of the 6th floor.

The death sukusuku hakutaku. A more dangerous variant of the Sukusuku Hakutaku, for they also come in pack and can cave you like no one's business!

Nue was forced to retreat back upstairs and rest course Flan let Nue know she was watching her. :P

After getting back down to the next floor, Nue decided to unleash her BLADE HANDS, and whoop the mess out of everything. (And confuse death sukusuku hakutakus with confusion potions in the process...as a result...

Nue's now level 12!
So her int and her str increased!

Course coming across an army of sukusuku hakutakus of both types can be real pain, but when all seemed hopeless..

THANK YOU  FLAN!

Once again Flan knows how to make a dynamic entracne by lanching an army of demons of aid me. The demons made most of the sukusuku hakutakus into cow meat pretty much so most of exporation on that floor was done.

Flan's  generosity continues as she starts giving out a load of gold!

And while continuing to go in blade hands mode, Nue's transmuation went up to 10!

Floor 7, even more open ended compared to floor 6! This can only mean more trouble.

Oh and to the left is a boring beetle, pretty much a beetle that can eat throrough rock, has slow but powerful jaws. Nothing Nue can't handle with BLADE HANDS!

Also Black Mambas were the big annoying thing down here, Thankfully Flan helped out once again!

Now the snake is a spear! Awesome!

Nue also found a young prisoner's handbook, containing some basic poison spells. Going to keep it for now.

And while hacking through some grass, Nue uncovered...Another Scroll of Aquirement! So she asked for armor... the result?

Branded mail of Fire  resistance +0.....bleh..... not useful...

Then later Nue found a saber, she equiped  it and felt an intense hunger set it...

A vampiric saber.....a special rule you need to learn about this is that you need to be at least full to equip this sword. And of course this sword can drain enemy's health and give some to you and also take up more hunger, but it can also fill you up...however...as a transmuter this items can be a  death trap! Transforming when your not full can result in having that sword kill you through starvation once you revert back to normal form.

Not worth it if you ask me...

8th Floor

Talk about a welcoming party,  pretty much the worse of the worse is down here.

Dangerous snakes, spiny pyonta, death hakutakus. Yeah this is going to be a big problem... Oh a shop!!

But I can't worry about that, so I had to perform crowd control. Take whatever I could upstairs, take them out and rest. And flan gave me another gift....this staff! which I didn't bother to look into...So maybe one of you all can mess with it....after you lighten the load...

Afterward I went back down and fought off the remaining crittters using a confusion potion and blade hands (And flan decided to send another demon buddy to help me). Thankfully it all went well so I went ahead to the shop and here's what I found...

Pretty much this place has an awesome collection! Almost everything could be useful here. Course I'm also interested in that slimy ankus. (especially since Nue's good with maces at the moment)

This pretty much where we stop the relay, right at the shop. So I will let you all decide what to do from here...

For some words of advice, Floor 6 could still have Death Sukusuku Hakutakus roaming about, so be  careful!

Also Floor 8 is not explored yet so if you got the guts go down and get through it!

Also, be sure to get back to floor 1 and lighten the load, Nue's pretty much packed with supplies and needs to lighten up.

Finally remember Blade Hands are your friend! period. USE THEM!

Now I got two things for the next player.....

For you head crabs the save file is at the bottom as usual.

And also for head crabs and all other players interested. The recent mods I made to the crawl game.

This time, the mod mainly focused on  modding all the creatures in the Shoals, so I highly recommend this. So go DL the update mod and use it!
http://www.mediafire.com/?52ktyejenzm
Good luck!

And here's the list now since the last few changes...

Headcrabs
Choja
Zengar
Totaku

Good luck and happy Crawling!
Now I Twitter

• Boss of the Gym
  • 100% salt
« Reply #45 on: May 31, 2010, 06:21:55 PM »

And here we are. I'm going to go ahead and buy the book.. It'd be nice to get another scroll of acquirement, but we don't have enough right now. I might go back and get the ankus later on. I'll explore this level a bit.

wait what happened
i died so fast i don't even know what happened
i wasn't even aware these guys were a major threat by this point  :ohdear:
looks like my pet didn't want to help at all, gee thanks buddy.

now i just feel shitty for managing to die in less than 100 turns 

fastest death ever. looks like i was right when i said karma would bite me in the ass for my last turn
 :flamingv:

I think I'll sit out for a few cycles after that amazing failure of a turn I just took.
 :fail:

(i think we should drop the sword of draining for the ankus, it sucks hardcore)
« Last Edit: May 31, 2010, 06:23:58 PM by headcrabs »

Stuffman

• We're having a ball!
« Reply #46 on: May 31, 2010, 06:31:37 PM »
DEM FROGS. Even one is dangerous, dude D:

And yeah we should probably stick to maces/hammers at this point, our stats favor it, even if we haven't found any really good ones yet.

Also, I think I'll sign up again after all.

Zengar Zombolt

• Green-Red Divine Clock
« Reply #47 on: May 31, 2010, 06:42:08 PM »
Man. At this rate, it's gonna boil down to "We all die, Totaku redeems us", repeat ad nauseum. I fear my run already :ohdear:

Totaku

« Reply #48 on: June 01, 2010, 02:06:42 AM »
Well since Anathe wanted the share art in the DF thread I though I share my own for here too. :P (especially since I'm sort of semi-hosting this)

Anyways if you all been paying attention to Nue's Mutations.... well you know Nue currently has this....

Now take that into consideration and then use your imagination, this is the closes I could seeing Nue should look like based on the mutation description. :P

Also, Anathe, it's Choja, not Chaore, get the list right also why haven't you updated my crawl mod?
« Last Edit: June 01, 2010, 02:28:55 AM by Totaku »
Now I Twitter

Zengar Zombolt

• Green-Red Divine Clock
« Reply #49 on: June 01, 2010, 06:01:44 AM »
This dungeon! It was made for me!

Quad City QBs

• tumblr, tumblr, in the attic,
  • who is the most problematic?
    • maullarmaullar @ Tumblr
« Reply #50 on: June 01, 2010, 06:02:09 AM »
in, also surprised you guys didn't pick Cheikuya

Nothing in this post should be construed as legal advice, nor as creating an attorney-client relationship, nor as an advertisement for legal or law-related services.
Art Thread | Writing Thread | Tumblr NSFWAsk.fm

Nat Tea

• ★三 ☆三 ★三 ☆三 ★三
  • 三☆ 三★ 三☆ 三★ 三☆
« Reply #51 on: June 01, 2010, 03:58:13 PM »
don't get sand in your vagina totaku i'll update it jeez :V
Who are you, littleshrimp? Oh man!

This dungeon! It was made for me!
I hope this isn't because you heard about what happened to me.

in, also surprised you guys didn't pick Cheikuya
NEVERRRRRR!

We need a god that really doesn't like us living anyways.

Let's go! First time playing!

Our story begins back in floor 8, Nue had her share of difficulty but before going deeper, she realized that she needs to go and lighten her supplies! So she returned back up to the first floor of the Lair once again....

Actually, I lost the screenshot to that. However,
some stupid Death Sukusuku decided to follow me up to Floor 7 and following the advice of everyone who's played, I turned on BLADE HANDS.

After I got some tips on what to drop at Lair:1 from the crew, I came back down to Floor 8 by the second staircase.

Yeah, spiny toad. Once again, BLADE HANDS, SHOW THEM WHO'S BOSS.

Also, Unarmed Level Up to 9.

Anyways, I started exploring Lair:8 some more and found a giant slug and a scroll of identify.

Suddenly, I was chased by a Death Sukusuku and a Black Mamba.

...Hey, Flandre.

Thanks?

Who cares, I'm still running!

After that, I managed to kill the Death Sukusuku, rest up, and explore some more.

More stupid monsters!

I run up the stairs to Lair:7 and stab the Black Mamba in the face with more BLADE HANDS.

I go to the first set of stairs to Lair:8 and look who followed.

Repeat stabbing Black Mamba routine.

I decide to take another look in Lair:8. From the same set of stairs.

...crap.

RUN, NUE, RUN. Due to the amount of inexperience stupidity, I waste a potion of healing wounds here to get up to Lair:6 instead of just using teleport in Lair:7. After a bit of resting, I manage to kill both the Death Sukusuku and the Hippogriff.  I head back up and go back down another set of stairs.

Flandre, stop being nice! It's leading up to something that will cause me incredible amounts of suffering, I know it!

I walked around a bit and found something awesome: A scroll of acquirement! Hooray!

Explored a little bit more and found a herd of normal Sukusukus. I also decided to use Evaporate for the first time and fling a poison potion at them. And accidently hitting me.
And now Flandre summons me a friend so I won't get lonely.

FLANDRE, REALLY, I DON'T KNOW WHAT YOU'RE GETTING AT.

Now that I explored all of Lair:8, the game starts throwing monsters at me for no reason.

Oh well, Blade Hands.

I tried to buy another Scroll of Acquirement from the store, but I was 3 gold pieces short (1349 on hand).

I start heading back up and Flandre decides to teleport me.

So that was it all along?

Wait. Oh.

Flandre, you're being too generous.

After a trip to Lair:1, I ask the crew and they tell me, "Let's go to the Snake Pits! They're fairly harmless!" (paraphased).

Hooray!

I stab a naga in the face and examine a short sword and an embroidered robe.

I found some more gold pieces and headed straight to the store and bought that scroll. Yeah!

After I come back to the Snake Pits, Flandre takes me for a ride!
Surprisingly, all I see in this teleportmania is a bunch of Black Mambas, Water Moccasins, and some Naga. This is going to be a piece of cake!

LEVEL 13!

And then after that, I go up north and see Donald and a naga. I throw a poison potion at him and get ready to start the snakes.

AND THEN FLANDRE HITS ME WITH CONFUSION.

YEAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHH.

I didn't live.

I felt pretty terrible about this because I thought I would have just ran, but it was Flandre's whim to nuke my run. Also, I didn't click the teleport scroll as rapidly as possible.

Maybe I'll do better next time!

Despite the failure, I'm up for another round.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2010, 05:56:37 PM by Nat Tea »
Horie dorie~
Pixiv: http://pixiv.me/choja / PSO2: Choja (Ship5) / 3DS: 3496-9942-9472 / PSVITA: choja206 (English) / chojahiragawajpn (Japanese) / Cosplays: Koishi Komeiji, Kogasa Tatara
I draw but I do not use artist title. I also write, but I have been inactive lately. I want to get better at those things and more!

Zengar Zombolt

• Green-Red Divine Clock
« Reply #52 on: June 01, 2010, 07:19:50 PM »
"Let's go to the Snake Pits! They're fairly harmless!"
:getdown:

My run will be done tomorrow. Please wait warmly~
Also, your run was pretty good, Choja. It's a shame that after all the nice things Flan did, she ended up confusing you. At least you weren't on the swamps BV

Nat Tea

• ★三 ☆三 ★三 ☆三 ★三
  • 三☆ 三★ 三☆ 三★ 三☆
« Reply #53 on: June 01, 2010, 07:37:40 PM »
It's a shame that after all the nice things Flan did, she ended up confusing you.
Flandre being nice is always an illusion.

ALWAYS.
Horie dorie~

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #54 on: June 01, 2010, 10:09:39 PM »
Flandre being nice is always an illusion.

ALWAYS.

Why are you people still using her, again? :V
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

Totaku

« Reply #55 on: June 01, 2010, 10:16:32 PM »
Why are you people still using her, again? :V

Answer: Because Nue's a Demonspawn, And being under Flan's service as a demon spwan, Flan "should"  be more benificial to you. Since you tenchincally mutate as you level up. And that of course... will amuse Flandre, other than that, it's also about taking risks and doing crazy stuff. Flan loves it and will usually shower you with stuff. Not always good, but sometimes she can be helpful.
Now I Twitter

Zengar Zombolt

• Green-Red Divine Clock
« Reply #56 on: June 02, 2010, 10:44:30 PM »
<ZengarZombolt> Sapz, you are now gonna help me
<Sapz|BeeHunting> Oh really
<Sapz|BeeHunting> What with
<ZengarZombolt> With CRAWL
<ZengarZombolt> You're gonna help me comment
<Sapz|BeeHunting> OH MAN
<ZengarZombolt> Protip: It has Nue
<Sapz|BeeHunting> What's that
<Sapz|BeeHunting> :V
<ZengarZombolt> And beed
<ZengarZombolt> bees*
<Sapz|BeeHunting> I am intrigued
<Sapz|BeeHunting> Continue
<ZengarZombolt> Also
<ZengarZombolt> Erm
<ZengarZombolt> To make it interesting
<ZengarZombolt> Nue mutates along the way
<ZengarZombolt> A lot
<ZengarZombolt> A goddamn lot
<Sapz|BeeHunting> Huh, cool
<ZengarZombolt> Sadly
<ZengarZombolt> Our Deity will mutate us too
<ZengarZombolt> And mostly in bad ways
<ZengarZombolt> For example
<ZengarZombolt> Now Nue has a defomed body
<ZengarZombolt> So she can't equip most armor
<ZengarZombolt> This is really bad
<ZengarZombolt> Since she takes blows hard
<Sapz|BeeHunting> I see
<Sapz|BeeHunting> This sounds really cool and all but err where can I see it :V
<ZengarZombolt> When I post, mang
<ZengarZombolt> I'm gonna tell you what I see
<ZengarZombolt> and you react
<ZengarZombolt> That's how it works
<Sapz|BeeHunting> Hmmmm
<Sapz|BeeHunting> Okay
<ZengarZombolt> Coo'
<ZengarZombolt> So well
<ZengarZombolt> We're in the 8th floor of THE LAIR OF BEASTS
<Sapz|BeeHunting> Alrighty
<Sapz|BeeHunting> How powered up is Nue
<ZengarZombolt> Well
<Sapz|BeeHunting> Is she like a random person or can she kick ass
<ZengarZombolt> She's a transmuter
<ZengarZombolt> So her dexterity and intelligence are rather good
<ZengarZombolt> She can also make potion grenades, transform into beasts
<ZengarZombolt> And
<ZengarZombolt> BLADE HANDS
<Sapz|BeeHunting> Badass
<ZengarZombolt> Oh
<Sapz|BeeHunting> Okay
<ZengarZombolt> To fit her better

<ZengarZombolt> She can even turn sticks into snakes
<Sapz|BeeHunting> Kickass
<Sapz|BeeHunting> Okay so we're on the 8th floor
<Sapz|BeeHunting> What are we looking at here
<ZengarZombolt> K enough explanation let's BUY AN ANKUS
<ZengarZombolt> Which is good since we have levels in hammers and flails
<Sapz|BeeHunting> Innnteresting
<ZengarZombolt> Oh fuck
<ZengarZombolt> Sukusuku hakutakus
<Sapz|BeeHunting> So how is there a shop on the 8th floor of the LAIR OF BEASTS? :V
<ZengarZombolt> It's a sleeping heard
<ZengarZombolt> herd*
<ZengarZombolt> Well
<ZengarZombolt> It's a goddamn dungeon
<ZengarZombolt> The merchants are just that badass
<Sapz|BeeHunting> Fair enough
<Sapz|BeeHunting> Okay
<ZengarZombolt> FUCK THEY WOKE UP
<Sapz|BeeHunting> FFFF
http://j.imagehost.org/0183/CRA1.png
<ZengarZombolt> BLADE HANDS TIME
<ZengarZombolt> GOGOGO
<Sapz|BeeHunting> Stab nearest monster in face
<Sapz|BeeHunting> Let them know what's up
<ZengarZombolt> Well
<ZengarZombolt> it was a rat :V

<Sapz|BeeHunting> :V
<ZengarZombolt> Goddamnit it is really a big herd
<Sapz|BeeHunting> Wait so are they rats or hakutakus
<ZengarZombolt> Both
<ZengarZombolt> So well
<ZengarZombolt> We can confuse them with a couple of potion grenades and-
<ZengarZombolt> SHIT
<ZengarZombolt> DEATH SUKUSUKU
<Sapz|BeeHunting> Stab stab stab
<ZengarZombolt> Hahaha
<ZengarZombolt> They are all confused and goring each other
<Sapz|BeeHunting> Kickass
<Sapz|BeeHunting> So do we wait for them to kill each other off or run past now
<ZengarZombolt> No
<ZengarZombolt> We attack
<ZengarZombolt> And even better
<ZengarZombolt> Flan teleported Nue to an even better position
<ZengarZombolt> Protip: Flan's our deity
<Sapz|BeeHunting> Wait Flan what
<Sapz|BeeHunting> Oh okay
<Sapz|BeeHunting> Alrighty how are explosive grenades looking
<ZengarZombolt> Fuck shit got dangerous
<ZengarZombolt> escape escape
<ZengarZombolt> K better now and-
<ZengarZombolt> FOR FUCK'S SAKE
<ZengarZombolt> SPINY PYONTA
http://h.imagehost.org/0833/CRA2.png
<Sapz|BeeHunting> Christ
<Sapz|BeeHunting> Do you have anything to set it on fire with?
<ZengarZombolt> Not a good idea at all

<Sapz|BeeHunting> Bear in mind I know nothing about what's going on here or what I should be doing :V
<ZengarZombolt> However I can paralyze it and then chuck bolts of frost at it
<Sapz|BeeHunting> That works
<ZengarZombolt> Of course I know you're sorta lost
<ZengarZombolt> That's the Chaaaaarm of this
<Sapz|BeeHunting> Okay
<Sapz|BeeHunting> Is it dead yet
<ZengarZombolt> Nope, these fuckers are strong
<ZengarZombolt> They have killed plenty of people already on  this run
<Sapz|BeeHunting> Mmm
<Sapz|BeeHunting> How's health looking
<ZengarZombolt> Eh
<ZengarZombolt> We're fine
<Sapz|BeeHunting> Okay cool
<ZengarZombolt> Killed it with the wand of draining I had around so yeah
<Sapz|BeeHunting> Alrighty
<Sapz|BeeHunting> So er where are we supposed to be going
<Sapz|BeeHunting> Just up, right?
<ZengarZombolt> down, actually
<Sapz|BeeHunting> Or down
<Sapz|BeeHunting> Same thing
<ZengarZombolt> The idea is to go to the lowest part possible to aquire a rune
<ZengarZombolt> So we can then use three to obtain
<ZengarZombolt> THE BEER OF ZUN
<Sapz|BeeHunting> !!!
<Sapz|BeeHunting> Sounds like the holy grail
<ZengarZombolt> Indeed
<ZengarZombolt> That shit turns you into a god if you get out
<ZengarZombolt> That's the ultimage goal
<ZengarZombolt> Er
<ZengarZombolt> ultimate
<ZengarZombolt> But with g it works as well
<Sapz|BeeHunting> Ultimage
<Sapz|BeeHunting> Okay so how far down is the bottom
<Sapz|BeeHunting> 10, 20?
<ZengarZombolt> On the lair, i'm not sure
<ZengarZombolt> But the BEER is below the 27th floor of the main dungeon
<ZengarZombolt> Mind you, this turn is only going to be until I clear the Lair or die
<ZengarZombolt> OK this is confusing
<ZengarZombolt> All the floors have only rock walls
<Sapz|BeeHunting> Hm?
<ZengarZombolt> But here I see a well built one
http://h.imagehost.org/0635/CRA3.png
<ZengarZombolt> So there must be something inside it
<Sapz|BeeHunting> Go around and try to get in
<Sapz|BeeHunting> Smells like treasure

<ZengarZombolt> Of course
<ZengarZombolt> Oh wow
<ZengarZombolt> Of course, the Death Sukusuku had to find me
<ZengarZombolt> POISON TO YOU
<ZengarZombolt> Goddamn bitch is resistant to magic
<ZengarZombolt> Can't confuse it
<ZengarZombolt> Oh well
<ZengarZombolt> I can always DRAIN
* Sapz|BeeHunting has quit (Ping timeout)
<ZengarZombolt> Ima kill this fucker even if it takes all my potions of poison I swear to go-
<ZengarZombolt> Shit

And we return to the common sort of relating for now.
As it turns out the Death Sukusuku is in very deep shit. Poisoned to hell, it returns to fight. But it doesn't get to reach me until it dies. Hooray!
Distilling his corpse gives me a poison potion that helps us make up for the lost ones. Also, amulet find! It's an amulet of Conservation. I'ma keep it for now.
And I find YET ANOTHER Death sukusuku. sigh. Potion flinging and whatnot.
http://h.imagehost.org/0528/CRA4.png
See that fast? I'm using it for a good reason. SCRAAAAAM
After actually killing one of them Sukusukus, and heading upstairs to rest, Flan gives me something!
http://a.imagehost.org/0934/CR6.png
Nice, ze~
http://a.imagehost.org/0235/CR7.png
Not this shit again
Actually Flan teleports me JUST in time to save myself. However, I still have to tele to save me from a mamba-
http://a.imagehost.org/0638/CRA8.png
Aww, hell no
*Tele*
http://h.imagehost.org/0533/CRA9.png
Goddamnit.
Now that was cruel, Flan. Fuck you.
/in again, as always

Totaku

« Reply #57 on: June 04, 2010, 07:32:54 PM »
Ok people, it's time to talk about my latest event with Nue's attempt to crawl.

When we last left off, Nue had just entered the 8th floor of the Lair with a shop near her some other goods....what awaits for her down here?

As she begins to explore the Floor, Flan decides to give Nue a gift, it was a ring, but what could it be?

It turned out that after putting it on and IDing it, it was a ring of Substain abilities. Good to save you from certain stat drains, but with Flan, I don't know how useful that'll be...

Course it wouldn't be long before Nue got herself into a mess.

Creatures kept forcing Nue to retreat up stair every now and then to prevent serious harm from happening to her. With the worse being the death Sukusukus...

However...

Flan sent in the demonic calvery!

Oh and that ring down there, is the same special ring e have (+9 MP , MR) not worth it if you ask me....

Thanks to the slaying of many animals and the help of a hellwing, Nue got an undead black Mamba to aid her. Turns out to be her best ally through the 8th floor. During her trip she found an Amulet of Conservation (good for later one)

Later Nue found a scroll aquirement! Which we decided to keep till later...

And also a potion of cure mutation, we're going to use this after we get back up to the stash in the first floor.

Then Nue went to the shop to buy the ankus after clearing the floor. As it turned out... it's somewhat good!

So you loose a little AC, but in turn get a big boost in ice protection!

Oh and it's also +5 +0 so it's quite acccurate.

Course Flan starts getting bored so she decides to go turns plants into Oklob plants....CRAP!

Flan decides to alter Nue's body even more.... As a result...

Now Nue doesn't look nearly as ugly, but not has anger management issues.

So now Nue's like this...

After dropping off the load back in floor one and lightening u[p a bit, Nue decides it's now time to enter...

THE SNAKE PITS!

Here you are bound to find snakes and nothing but snakes...and maybe yukkanakos too!

I deccided to try using the scoll and ask for armor. I got boots...AWESOME! But are they good?

No, in fact they're terrible! Dropping them!

This here is your typical yukkanko, a yukkuri that has a tendency to spit poison in your face and keeps proclaiming to be the boss over you with her demanding personality. Course these are pushovers thanks to the fact we have poison resistance to protect us from thier poison loogies.

Sadly, this trip would turn from fun to Ugly within minutes....not because of Flan...but because of....Uniques!

First I confronted Francis...or rather now that I edited the sprite after this game, Marisa....

Marisa summoned demons that I though I could fight, sadly I was wrong.....TELEPORT!

Then I confront Wayn, a crazy dorf with a werid hat. Dangerous fighter too...HIDE!

I though I'd be safe....but then....

Nergell, a ugly orc magician. Skilled with decent magic spells... and with my current health I was in no condition to fight... I needed a plan...

TELEPORT!

Luckly Nue was near the steps after teleporting so she escaped.. and rested.... she needed a plan, so she went and killed some rats and made some confusion potions to battle again the strange people who wandered the first floor....but what did she find when she came back?

Kanako! How fitting to find her in a place like this....

Kanako is probably, the worse of the uniques in the whole group on that floor. She's fast, can do heavy damage, and worse of all, she is best known for putting you to sleep.... I strongly advice you to battle her from the distance since she's less likely make you sleep unless she's right up near you....

Because sadly.... that's what happen to me....and thus Nue died in her sleep against, Kanako's Wrath....

I simply got too greedy, but also the place was filled with loads of uniques...which was rather scary...

But yeah this ends my turn sadly.... Sorry I couldn't save you all this turn....

Anyways, here's the recent Crawl mod go ahead and download it so you can touhoufy your crawl...
http://www.mediafire.com/?uvlnnggjyjz (Anathe, please update it)

It has Kanako and Marisa's sprites for the uniques associated with them... and... it now has Flandre dialouge to replace most of what Xom already says and does. So it should feel more like your serving Flandre and not Xom.... (though not completely)

And also SIGN ME UP AGAIN!

Here's the player list as it stands right now:

Player List:
Stuffman
MullarMullar
Choja
Zengar
Totaku
« Last Edit: June 04, 2010, 10:42:24 PM by Totaku »
Now I Twitter

Totaku

« Reply #58 on: June 08, 2010, 08:11:13 PM »
Well since I haven't heard from Stuffman since it's been pretty much a day and a half since I last sent a PM I'm going to assume he's not around.... Stuffman, your going to be moved to the back of the line..... as your time has long passed....

Maullar Maullar, your turn is up!

Go get the save from my post in the last page and then get the mod on this page and then we can get moving.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2010, 10:36:48 PM by Totaku »
Now I Twitter

Quad City QBs

• tumblr, tumblr, in the attic,
  • who is the most problematic?
    • maullarmaullar @ Tumblr
« Reply #59 on: June 09, 2010, 05:51:35 AM »
  "Mm... you ever think you could be better applying yourself?"

Fighting and Spellcasting stay because they raise HP and MP.  Weapon skills go because, as a Transmuter, we'll be relying mostly on Unarmed Combat.  Armour and Stealth go because Dodging is more important for the time being.  Stabbing goes because it's highly situational.  All spell schools but Transmutations go because the better 'Muting spells are all Transmutation/Earth.  (For the same reason, I memorize Dig to start practicing.)  Evocations stay in case we want to use a crystal ball of energy later.

"Oh, that's sooo much better!  I feel so full of energy, so bold, so light... though speaking of which..."

Stashing some things at the Temple, where no monsters can spawn to gank our stuff.  In all, I've dropped off our two shortswords (not needed,) the wand of random effects and one of our two wands of frost, the bee-derived foods (to be saved for late game,) all the spellbooks (we can return next time we need to learn a spell,) our scrolls of enchant weapon (saving,) and the rings of dexterity, wizardry and strength (not terribly useful at the moment.)

Obviously Flandre approves, as on the way back to the bottom of Lair, we get a scroll of recharging--which goes right on the wand of hasting, bringing it up to 5 charges.

Anyway, we arrive to find a death yak.

"We're gonna need a bigger grill."

"There's nothing wrong with you I can't fix... with my fangs!"

As strong as Death Yaks are, though, they don't resist poison.  And it just so happens that Spider Form, with its speed, is perfect for stacking poison on enemies and running away to let the juice do its thing.

We find the ring of Mnekhi Loci, MP+9, Stealth.  Nothing to write the shrine maiden about.  We also pick up a potion of speed, unidentified scroll, unidentified potion and book from that store.  I'll pass on the ankus for now; rC++ is nice, but draining weapons cut experience gain.

"Aw, come on man, just one hit.  I can stop draining anytime.  Honest to Kanako."

The book is Minor Magic (Frost), with some rather useful spells like Blink and Ozocubu's Armour.  Of course, as I've used up all our remaining spell slots on Dig, we'll have to gain more experience or Spellcasting levels.  It would be good to find and learn Selective Amnesia soon, as well.

Sweeping up the level, we find an amulet of conservation.  This is useful if we're facing a lot of fire or ice spells, to prevent scroll/potion damage.

Oh, and as for those pesky spiny frogs, cold attacks slow them... and Ice Form gives us a freezing punch.  (It also gives inherent poison resistance.)

"Yeah!  You like that?  Mess with the strongest... don't live the longest?  Well, uh... you're dead!"

Proceeding like that and taking the beasts one by one, we clear Lair 8.  But on our way up...

"Auuuuuuugh!  Byakuren fucking Hijiri!!"

We just got Deterioration, a fairly common negative mutation.  Level 1 of it drops all our stats by a few points over time.  Any more than that, and stats actively decrease until one of them gets to 0 and we die.  Compared to that, deterioration 1 is just an annoyance.

"Speak for yourself!  You're not the one suddenly getting Encumbered mid-fight!"

Anyway, we head back up through the Lair, picking up whatever we missed--like the ebony casket, which can evoked to summon (usually) friendly monsters.  After stashing some things back at the Temple, we press forward, only to meet...

Slime creatures.  Somewhat strong, but the real risk is that they regenerate fast and can combine, just like Voltron.

"Ahem... I believe you mean Go Lion.  Hyakujuuou Goraion, to be exact."

Their damage combines too, of course.  So we draw them out one by one.

"...no-good, dub-buying, Pokewalker-toting philistine..."

...and turn 40,000 comes up in the middle of the battle, so the next player can continue.

"Fantastic.  This guy, he was seriously considering cropping a hentai picture for my injured portrait.  Can you believe it?  Ugh, just thinking about it gives me the--"

And that's all the time we have for tonight!  Thanks for tuning in.

...Oh, and I'm signing up for another go.

"Shit."
« Last Edit: June 09, 2010, 06:16:36 AM by Bad Appellant!! »

Nothing in this post should be construed as legal advice, nor as creating an attorney-client relationship, nor as an advertisement for legal or law-related services.
Art Thread | Writing Thread | Tumblr NSFWAsk.fm