Author Topic: PCB question: #spellcards captured address/adjustment for practice?  (Read 4338 times)

Silentsword

• Ace Hakurei Attorney
  • Practical solutions to impractical problems!
Is there a way to set up practice runs on PCB so that you start with a certain number of spellcards counted as captured?  I'd like to be able to set up my practice runs so that I'm getting my usual amount of Cherry (~2000 on stage 4, usually 2100-2200 on 5, instead of the default 1000) for each token, in order to gauge my border frequency &c as they would occur in a full game.
"But if I don't do this, then all that's left is to stand around and do nothing, and I've discovered I can't do that. That's the problem with the freedom of choice he was talking about: once you've got it, you can't live with yourself very comfortably if you choose not to exercise it." - Commander Warner Caslet.

Ghaleon

• Long twintail-o-holic
Re: PCB question: #spellcards captured address/adjustment for practice?
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2009, 08:56:53 AM »
Sorry I don't know the answer, but if someone knowledgable answers you, could they please also tell me how do practice runs treat rank. Does it assume it's maxed? is it halfway? 0? Does it record your rank when you actually got to that stage on a regular playthru and use it for practice?

I'm wondering cuz sometimes I practice a level alot, and ace it, then I do the real thing and omgwtfpwnedbbq!!111oneoneeleven (sorry I just love making fun of that line lol).

« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2009, 09:04:07 AM »
Sorry I don't know the answer, but if someone knowledgable answers you, could they please also tell me how do practice runs treat rank.

They don't, because PCB doesn't have a rank system. EoSD is the only Windows game that does.

Quote from Myosotis:
"Marriage is a game you can't win. Also, no replay value and the level design is bullshit.

Heartbeam

« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2009, 12:11:46 PM »
There's another thread asking the same thing on the front page and I think it has been resolved.

http://www.shrinemaiden.org/forum/index.php?topic=511.0

There has to some kind of ranking system.  If you go through the stage portion of four without error then Lyrica's first noncard is noticeably harder.  Going to check out Lunasa right now.  Okay, I don't know.  Forget I ever said that.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2009, 12:30:05 PM by Heartbeam »

Drake

« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2009, 05:34:56 PM »
PCB has a rank system, it's just less noticeable than in EoSD.

A Colorful Calculating Creative and Cuddly Crafty Callipygous Clever Commander
- original art by Aiけん | ウサホリ -