Author Topic: Touhou ::smug:: Thread (VIII)  (Read 159107 times)

Re: Touhou ::smug:: Thread (VIII)
« Reply #30 on: May 01, 2010, 02:36:15 PM »

Divine Treasure "Buddhist Diamond" (Easy Card)

How is that  an easy card? Sure, it's not as hard as everyone says it is, but I wouldn't call the thing easy.

no matter what you say, Demon World is gay walling :V

The thing is gay walling, as you call it, on every difficulty except maybe Easy, because I don't know what the Easy version is like.

Oh, also made my first safespot on Descent of Izuna Gongen. I probably won't be able to duplicate it though like was the case with BoLaD which I still haven't managed it again. PCB Extra clear with all shottypes(though today has been a complete failfest.

Formless God

« Reply #31 on: May 01, 2010, 02:41:36 PM »
^^ Pretty much the entire stage is gay anyway :V
I demand a Perfect Byakuren, Zengeku and maybe a Superhuman timeout while you're at it.

Proof that i'm infinitely much better than you. Nyahahahahahaha :D
Play time difference BV
« Last Edit: May 01, 2010, 04:33:34 PM by Formless God »

nintendonut888

• So those that live now, pledge on your fists and souls
  • Leave a sign of your life, no matter how small...
« Reply #32 on: May 01, 2010, 04:19:37 PM »
Since July/August last year I have done absolutely nothing of note.

Beat that.

Bah, you were using the cheat known as "irl" though. >:<

So this has more content: OMG last night I FINALLY FINALLY FINALLY captured Uncontainable Nuclear Reaction again! 8D In terms of captures I'm worse at this card than Scarlet Meister.

But, but then I decided to play EoSD stage 4, and died on the books (I was close enough to capturing them that I used the invincibility to mess up Koakuma's attack), meaning I faced Patchy at below max rank but not super low rank, and CAPTURED SYLPHAE HORN HIGH LEVEL.

Like :o
« Last Edit: May 01, 2010, 04:31:05 PM by nintendonut888 »
nintendonut888: Hey Baity. I beat the high score for Sanae B hard on the score.dat you sent me. X3
Baity: For a moment, I thought you broke 1.1billion. Upon looking at my score.dat, I can assume that you destroyed the score that is my failed (first!) 1cc attempt on my first day of playing. Congratulations.

[19:42] <Sapz> I think that's the only time I've ever seen a suicide bullet shoot its own suicide bullet

« Reply #33 on: May 01, 2010, 05:05:30 PM »
^^ Pretty much the entire stage is gay anyway :V
I demand a Perfect Byakuren, Zengeku and maybe a Superhuman timeout while you're at it.
Play time difference BV

I'm not a masochist. I'll leave Byakuren to those who enjoy her battle. I am bored to tears with her stage though and her boss battle requires a lot of practice to get good at. The problems start as she fires a spellcard that's incredibly hard to dodge. Then a non-spell that's incredibly hard to dodge. Then a memorization card that i often clip. After these attacks i'm all out of power and frustrated. You might expect a Perfect Shou run sometime though. If i can get past my RTG sucking.

Also, it might be pretty unfair to compare a "Veteran" like me to a youngster like yourself. I'm fairly sure my entire 2009 except for a few months with school pc's i was left with retarded PC's as my only source of playing Touhou. Keys would get stuck on the keyboard and lack being intense. I may have known the series for about 2 years soon but i only think 1 and 2 months of them have been as an active player.

How much playing time do you have? Was it 6 months?

Bananamatic

« Reply #34 on: May 01, 2010, 08:53:22 PM »
10 months for me...and most of them extremely casual/nonplaying :V

The Greatest Dog

• Grazing at Mach 10
  • 90 Frames per Second GO!
« Reply #35 on: May 01, 2010, 09:22:07 PM »
This happened.

Apparently it would also be ranked 5 at Royal Flare. :/
« Last Edit: May 01, 2010, 09:24:45 PM by Black★Ruro Shooter »

Jaimers

• You just did it because you're older than me.
« Reply #36 on: May 01, 2010, 09:58:53 PM »
"Scarlet Gensokyo" timeout

Gotta know your bubble hitboxes!

FallenAngelVI

« Reply #37 on: May 02, 2010, 09:47:29 AM »
Wow, this is nostalgic. Browsing through some of these bragging threads, I'm seeing some ridiculously impressive achievements, some by people I remember, some by new faces. Jaimers shouldn't be allowed to play these games anymore. Krim is still crazy good. Baity is still theory good. Heartbeam seems to have broken PCB. Kefit is still worse than me
Spoiler:
hahaha.
bjw is where? Zengeku seems to have improved a lot, unless my memory sucks. Donut is... well, don't give up Donut!

There're others, but if I listed everyone I'd be here for ages.

Bananamatic

« Reply #38 on: May 02, 2010, 11:47:33 AM »
So Zengeku

why not 1cc UFO L

Helion

• I am the very model of a scientist salarian
« Reply #39 on: May 02, 2010, 11:56:51 AM »
So Zengeku

why not 1cc UFO L
Because UFOs are a deathtrap and no-one sane wants to deal with that sort of rage. I can get to UFO L S4-5 if I chain right, but mostly I just die chasing an effing red ufo to the corners of the screen.

Bananamatic

« Reply #40 on: May 02, 2010, 12:04:56 PM »

Helion

• I am the very model of a scientist salarian
« Reply #41 on: May 02, 2010, 12:10:27 PM »

LHCling

• Metang@
  • ( 。゚ 3っ   )っ
« Reply #42 on: May 02, 2010, 12:45:49 PM »
why not 1cc UFO L
To be quite honest, I'm also waiting for you since you said it's easy.
In other words:
Do it do it do it do it do it.

Jaimers shouldn't be allowed to play these games anymore. Krim is still crazy good. Baity is still theory good. Heartbeam seems to have broken PCB. Kefit is still worse than me
Spoiler:
hahaha.
bjw is where? Zengeku seems to have improved a lot, unless my memory sucks. Donut is... well, don't give up Donut!
:3c

bjw is... retired I believe. Despite lurking on #sm and other channels. Well, he's busy with work-related tasks so that might be why. Ask Krim. Zengeku improving; he should replay back  :V Though I don't think your memory sucks  :<
Of note, Donut did 1cc UFO Lunatic for whatever that's worth these days. Though, he did intentionally avoid it for oh so long.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2010, 12:49:00 PM by Baity »
[16:25] <Kuruminut> Shut up MS Word, "fangirlism" is totally a word
<>
[07:59] <Sapz> ベーティさんは馬鹿っぽいだろう、この「っぽい」好き者

Krimmydoodle

• We must apply more SCIENCE!
« Reply #43 on: May 02, 2010, 01:54:59 PM »
It's always nice to be called "crazy good" by someone whose skills I worshipped back in a time when I struggled to 1cc Normals.  Really puts into perspective how far I've come.  As for bjw, yeah, he's retired, spending all of his time on schoolwork and anime these days.  He's played UFO and DS enough to unlock and play their respective Extras, but other than that, he'll only play once every few months, and usually only a single stage practice run at that.  Or this.  Any time he posts these days is usually attributed to me pointing out something strangely interesting on the forums (like Donut's Face-EoSD idea), as I doubt he lurks the site on his own.  Oddly enough, he does indeed continue to lurk #shrinemaiden, not entirely sure why.
Whether you're on Easy or you're a Lunatic, be damn proud of your accomplishments.  Don't let anyone convince you otherwise, for it's when you lose faith in your own achievements that those victories become defeats.

Jaimers

• You just did it because you're older than me.
« Reply #44 on: May 02, 2010, 01:58:29 PM »
Do it do it do it do it do it.

Yes, be a rebel.
A little less conversation a little more action.

Come on! Come on!

Jaimers shouldn't be allowed to play these games anymore. Krim is still crazy good. Baity is still theory good. Heartbeam seems to have broken PCB. Kefit is still worse than me
Spoiler:
hahaha.

Can't stop me now bitches!  :V

Bananamatic

« Reply #45 on: May 02, 2010, 02:05:58 PM »
Yes, be a rebel.
A little less conversation a little more action.

Come on! Come on!
But if you 1cc Dimahoo, you'll become a tough bounty hunter

« Reply #46 on: May 02, 2010, 02:17:51 PM »
But if you 1cc Dimahoo, you'll become a tough bounty hunter

But if you 1cc UFO, you prove you're not a little bitch who whines about Kogasa/Shou and an inability to flashy collects things that slowly drift about the screen!!!!!!!!

!!!!!!!!!

srsly you're more than capable, get to it

Formless God

« Reply #47 on: May 02, 2010, 02:20:48 PM »
How much playing time do you have? Was it 6 months?
Yeah. But I only play two to four hours per week.

Can't stop me now bitches!  :V
PROBATE THIS MAN BV

Also what's with those Face-EoSD replays I keep seeing everywhere on replays.(ry ?

« Reply #48 on: May 02, 2010, 02:21:49 PM »
Also what's with those Face-EoSD replays I keep seeing everywhere on replays.(ry ?

Donut's holding a contest:
http://www.shrinemaiden.org/forum/index.php?topic=5940.0

Bananamatic

« Reply #49 on: May 02, 2010, 02:22:03 PM »
Yeah. But I only play two to four hours per week.
PROBATE THIS MAN BV

idiot maiden challenge AKA get herpes from licking your keyboard

i'm disqualified because I can't get my elbow and my face on the keyboard at the same time

Sapz

• There's no escape.
  • It's time to burn!
« Reply #50 on: May 02, 2010, 02:38:20 PM »
Crazy people. UFO Lunatic for me was two hellish months of chasing UFOs into bullets. ;_;
Spoiler:
Though I still claim that most of that time was only due to using the fat miko until the last few days or so.
Let's fight.

« Reply #51 on: May 02, 2010, 04:31:20 PM »
Phantasm No Bomb Clear

2 misses and a border break on the stage. There's no chance of a perfect of the stage until I figure out the postmidboss part. Perfect Yukari fight outside of Boundary of Life and Death where I died 3 times. BRB, going to post in the bitching/whining thread.

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #52 on: May 02, 2010, 04:51:16 PM »
SanaeA UFO Hard 1cc! That makes three shot types!

This run was really great actually, except for loldeath on Byakuren's second card and MASSIVE MASSIVE derpings on Ichirin. Even capped Parasol Star Memories, which is batshit with SanaeA. I went into Stage 4 with like 3~4 lives though, so I can't believe I 1cced.

And it ended with an LFS LFO capture <3 (Plus I finally learned Hard's St.Nikou's Air Scroll)
« Last Edit: May 02, 2010, 04:57:36 PM by NeoSerela »
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

Drake

« Reply #53 on: May 02, 2010, 07:16:29 PM »
Broke the 1400 point item extend.

In all honesty, it should be easy enough to break 1500; I only just realized that dying so many times means that bosses will throw power items after spellcards instead of points. Exactly how many they give out and if it's possible to break even 1600... It'll take just a bit longer to achieve. In addition, the small amounts that I missed during the stages might even add up to 50(?), which is really quite a lot.

A Colorful Calculating Creative and Cuddly Crafty Callipygous Clever Commander
- original art by Aiけん | ウサホリ -

Kefit

• The Wild Draw Four of America
« Reply #54 on: May 02, 2010, 07:38:00 PM »
Since July/August last year I have done absolutely nothing of note.

Beat that.

I'd have you beat by a couple of months if I hadn't of bothered to randomly do a couple of no bomb 1ccs a month or two ago. I occasionally work on some runs when I get bored now, but I still consider myself semi-retired. At some point soon I won't be able to keep up with these wet behind the ears kids anymore.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2010, 07:41:18 PM by Kefit »

Drake

« Reply #55 on: May 02, 2010, 08:37:32 PM »
1492 ITEMS FFFFFFFF

0.9 speed was enough to keep me from dying more than a few times. I missed extraordinarily few items; I would guess I missed maybe 10-20 at most. 1500 is definitely attainable, but I'm done with this I think. I can say for certain that the 1600-point extend is definitely not obtainable.

http://replays.gensokyou.org/download.php?id=8558

A Colorful Calculating Creative and Cuddly Crafty Callipygous Clever Commander
- original art by Aiけん | ウサホリ -

nintendonut888

• So those that live now, pledge on your fists and souls
  • Leave a sign of your life, no matter how small...
« Reply #56 on: May 02, 2010, 08:41:04 PM »
Donut is... well, don't give up Donut!

Hey I can do stuff. :<

Anyways, after seeing Jaimers do my long-held fantasy of timing out Scarlet Gensokyo, I tried it myself. First try ,got it to 92 seconds. Not much, but I figure I should potentially be able to reach at least 60 seconds remaining if I put my mind to it.
nintendonut888: Hey Baity. I beat the high score for Sanae B hard on the score.dat you sent me. X3
Baity: For a moment, I thought you broke 1.1billion. Upon looking at my score.dat, I can assume that you destroyed the score that is my failed (first!) 1cc attempt on my first day of playing. Congratulations.

[19:42] <Sapz> I think that's the only time I've ever seen a suicide bullet shoot its own suicide bullet

ふねん1

• Scientific editor
  • If you're alive, you can always keep moving.
« Reply #57 on: May 02, 2010, 09:06:05 PM »
Wait, is that FallenAngelVeronica? Can't say I expected to see her around here. Kinda makes me wish I was around before she retired.

But if you 1cc UFO, you prove you're not a little bitch who whines about Kogasa/Shou and an inability to flashy collects things that slowly drift about the screen!!!!!!!!
Ignoring your main argument for a minute, I'm not sure insulting everyone else is the best way to phrase your point. You could just say that UFO really is doable for such-and-such reasons - "knock some sense" into everyone else, but effectively.

At the same time, it's the way the UFO system works that gives people so much trouble. It flies in the face of normal survival play. Then there's the bullet types used - for instance, I believe even you said the glowing bullets make the patterns harder to read (though how hard would differ from person to person, so that's a separate thing).
"Science is more than a body of knowledge. It's a way of thinking." - Carl Sagan

NEW AND IMPROVED YOUTUBE, now with 60 fps Touhou videos! Latest video update: WBaWC Lunatic/Extra no-miss no-bomb no-Roars no-Spirit-Strikes compilation.

Bananamatic

« Reply #58 on: May 02, 2010, 09:17:24 PM »
tbh he's right

but some of these attacks are indeed retarded clipshit

Ecthel

• Jack of all trades, lazy at most.
« Reply #59 on: May 02, 2010, 09:26:22 PM »
I actually like the UFO system.

*runs away very very fast*