Author Topic: Berkeley's Phantasmagoria: The Dangerous Haven  (Read 52814 times)

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
Re: Berkeley's Phantasmagoria: The Dangerous Haven (Unknown Girl Phase)
« Reply #60 on: May 13, 2010, 03:03:37 AM »
>Head toward the flowers. They take more water, right?

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #61 on: May 13, 2010, 03:21:05 AM »
>Head toward the flowers. They take more water, right?
>You head towards the flowers, hoping to find water.
>After a minute or two of walking, the flowers are all over, and there's only enough just enough trees to keep away an unobstructed view of the sky.
>As you walk further ahead, the flowers seem to start becoming... different. They turn from soft-looking and soothing into a more striking and vigorous manner, and shift to colors like red and brown and black. Just being around them makes you feel like you've got the energy to punch someone in the face.
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #62 on: May 13, 2010, 03:32:34 AM »
>Energy is good, it helps stave off deprivation!
>Keep going. Look around at what is in the distance.

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #63 on: May 13, 2010, 03:37:46 AM »
>Energy is good, it helps stave off deprivation!
>Keep going. Look around at what is in the distance.
>This isn't CHENERGY, this is BYAKURENERGY!
>You keep going, and the flowers continue to change into more aggressive-looking shapes. You swear those leaves look like swords and daggers...
>In the distance, you see an exceptionally large tree. It dwarfs the other trees in comparison. However... you can't quite see it very well. It's almost as if the tree is surrounded by a strange mist.
>A bit aways from the giant tree, there is also a spot that's so fuzzy to your eyes that you can't tell what's inside it at all.
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #64 on: May 13, 2010, 03:44:05 AM »
>Examine one of these sword flowers.

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #65 on: May 13, 2010, 03:48:06 AM »
>Examine one of these sword flowers.
>The flower itself is very narrow and blood red, with long petals jutting forward in a rigid shape. It doesn't look friendly. The leaves are similar, but bigger and even more stiff looking. They're about a foot tall where you stand, but the ones closer to the giant tree seem to be progressively higher.
>The flowers and their leaves don't actually cut you as you've been walking through them, thankfully; but the ones close to the giant tree do look rather vicious...

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #66 on: May 13, 2010, 03:56:44 AM »
>Keep going, but stop before getting to the really nasty-looking ones. Or is the plants start to get more rigid than is comfortable.

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #67 on: May 13, 2010, 04:03:31 AM »
>Keep going, but stop before getting to the really nasty-looking ones. Or is the plants start to get more rigid than is comfortable.
>You keep walking through the field of violent flowers, drawing nearer to the giant tree and the strange mist around it.
>As you get closer, you can see a bit easier through the mist; but you also become more sure that it isn't any ordinary kind of fog. It's not really a physical thing, it's just... there. Or maybe the fog/mist/distortion is more of a not-there?
>You think you could get just about up to the strange fog around the tree safely. There's also the very thick area of mist a bit aways from the tree; you're not too far from it now.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #68 on: May 13, 2010, 04:05:43 AM »
>Angle toward the thick mist. It seems interesting.

Kasu

• Small medium at large.
  • This soup has an explosive flavour!
« Reply #69 on: May 13, 2010, 09:37:46 PM »
> Proceed with caution.

Apparently, Thomas the Tank Engine isn't one to take crap from anyone.

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #70 on: May 14, 2010, 12:36:28 AM »
>Angle toward the thick mist. It seems interesting.
> Proceed with caution.
>You cautiously head towards the thickly misted spot. As you get closer, you start to make out something inside it; a cottage, perhaps?
>As you reach the edge of this thick mist, you notice that it has a rather defined line where it suddenly ends. Right now, you stand just a foot away from the strange mist, looking at what quite surely seems to be a house of some kind that's in the middle of it.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #71 on: May 14, 2010, 12:51:51 AM »
>Reach out toward the mist, not yet touching it, to see if there seems to be anything odd about the air around it.
>It not, gingerly touch it.

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #72 on: May 14, 2010, 12:58:28 AM »
>Reach out toward the mist, not yet touching it, to see if there seems to be anything odd about the air around it.
>It not, gingerly touch it.
>You reach towards it; the air nearby seems fairly normal.
>So, you decide to touch the mist. It feels as if your hand has entered a bubble... of emptiness. And this isn't the normal kind of emptiness with regular air. This is advanced emptiness.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #73 on: May 14, 2010, 01:09:33 AM »
>Contemplate this advanced emptiness. Is there air pressure?

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #74 on: May 14, 2010, 01:24:49 AM »
>Contemplate this advanced emptiness. Is there air pressure?
>Nope! Your hand feels rather weightless. It's a very strange feeling, especially with the rest of your body firmly anchored by gravity.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #75 on: May 14, 2010, 01:36:20 AM »
>Take a deep steadying breath, and step onwards.

MysTeariousYukari

• Nomnomnom~
  • Hooray~
« Reply #76 on: May 14, 2010, 01:38:05 AM »
> Hope that demons of sorts aren't hiding within waiting for us to enter.

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #77 on: May 14, 2010, 01:41:05 AM »
>Take a deep steadying breath, and step onwards.
>You take a deep breath, preparing yourself before stepping into the strange mist!
>As you enter, suddenly the building inside the mist snaps into focus. Now you can easily see that it's a small little house... floating in midair. As now, you also see that there isn't any ground here. Thankfully the weightlessness this space bestows means you're okay regardless.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #78 on: May 14, 2010, 02:09:06 AM »
>"DAAAAH!"
>Don't look down
>Don't  look down!
>DON'T LOOK DOWN!
>...Okay, just a peek.

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #79 on: May 14, 2010, 02:37:19 AM »
>"DAAAAH!"
>Don't look down
>Don't  look down!
>DON'T LOOK DOWN!
>...Okay, just a peek.
>You yelp in surprise!
>You try not to look down, but can't resist; and below you is... absolutely NOTHING! Aww that's pretty unnerving...

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #80 on: May 14, 2010, 02:40:41 AM »
>Grimace.
>Try to swim through the air toward the house. How far away is it?

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #81 on: May 14, 2010, 02:54:38 AM »
>Grimace.
>Try to swim through the air toward the house. How far away is it?
>Uwaaa... really, is obeying the Laws of Physics too much to ask of this place?
>You attempt to move through the air, and find you can do so... albeit awkwardly. The house isn't very far at all, just a few feet, and before long you manage to flail yourself over to the front door.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #82 on: May 14, 2010, 03:08:16 AM »
>Knock.

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #83 on: May 15, 2010, 02:31:00 AM »
>Knock.
>You knock on the door.
>After a moment, it opens to reveal an old woman standing in the doorway, noting to yourself that inside the house seems to be very much not weightless.
>"Oh, a visitor... how uncommon. Well then, come in, dear."
>With that, the old lady turns around and starts walking into the house, leaving the door open behind her.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #84 on: May 15, 2010, 03:02:46 AM »
>Grab doorframe, pull self inside.
>"Thank you. I'm...well...lost."

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #85 on: May 15, 2010, 04:46:23 AM »
>Grab doorframe, pull self inside.
>"Thank you. I'm...well...lost."
>You grab the doorframe, and pull your weightless body inside the house. You fall on the floor softly as you enter, THERE'S GRAVITY AGAIN THANK GOD.
>The old lady sits down in a wooden rocking chair, next to a table; other then this, the room seems fairly bare. There is, however, a door likely leading to another room.
>"It's no problem, dear. I don't get visitors often; everyone nowadays is in Universe, and other dimensions are just so lonely!" She sighs, and begins to rock back on worth a bit in her chair.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #86 on: May 15, 2010, 04:57:56 AM »
>Have a seat, if there is anywhere to sit.
>"I am afraid I don't know what you're talking about. I can't remember much of anything right now."

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #87 on: May 15, 2010, 05:01:09 AM »
>Have a seat, if there is anywhere to sit.
>"I am afraid I don't know what you're talking about. I can't remember much of anything right now."
>You decide to sit on the table. It seems nice enough for the purpose.
>"Ahh, I'm sorry for the lack of chairs. Wasn't expecting company, you see."
>She listens politely to what you say, "Don't feel bad, dear; very few people would know. As for your memory; well, do you have any idea what is causing this amnesia?"

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #88 on: May 15, 2010, 05:10:30 AM »
>"Not a clue, unfortunately. I was a prisoner for some awful woman, so I expect she did it."
>"Do you have anything I could eat or drink? It's been...well, I don't know how long. And, I wish I could properly introduce myself, but I don't know my name."

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #89 on: May 15, 2010, 05:12:50 AM »
>"Not a clue, unfortunately. I was a prisoner for some awful woman, so I expect she did it."
>"Do you have anything I could eat or drink? It's been...well, I don't know how long. And, I wish I could properly introduce myself, but I don't know my name."
>"Oh dear, that sounds dreadful. But I take it you've escaped?"
>"Hmm, I believe I can get you something. Any particular kind of food you had in mind, dear?"
>She gets up and walks through the door, closing it behind her before you can see inside. You suppose she expects you to just talk through it.