Author Topic: Berkeley's Phantasmagoria: The Dangerous Haven  (Read 53428 times)

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
Re: Berkeley's Phantasmagoria: A Dangerous Haven
« Reply #30 on: May 02, 2010, 01:50:51 AM »
>"Ah, okay."
>Ponder a moment.
>"Does that mean I took some of it when I helped you out earlier?"
>You think for a moment, before asking Masha a question.
>"Oh, that's a good question. But no, it doesn't quite work like that. I don't lose any faith if I give some to you; it just, well... I'm not sure. You just get some. What faith actually is, how it really works, that's a strange subject... it's similar to magic, which is equally undefinable."
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #31 on: May 02, 2010, 01:57:45 AM »
>"Huh. That's kinda weird. Hey, does that mean there's an opposite of faith from being, like, ignored or hated?"

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #32 on: May 02, 2010, 02:00:49 AM »
>"Huh. That's kinda weird. Hey, does that mean there's an opposite of faith from being, like, ignored or hated?"
>She frowns, and seems to think on this a minute, before responding "There certainly may be. Although, I don't know anything about that... it was quite peaceful in this world until Estelle came around. Even now, there isn't much hate going on."
>This makes you wonder if you could literally hate someone to death.
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #33 on: May 02, 2010, 02:21:07 AM »
>"I dunno. Peace doesn't really stop hate and apathy and stuff. So I guess if it wasn't noticed, it probably doesn't happen."

MysTeariousYukari

• Nomnomnom~
  • Hooray~
« Reply #34 on: May 02, 2010, 02:25:27 AM »
> "So, do you have any idea's on how we can get Jigen's faith back?"

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #35 on: May 02, 2010, 02:32:06 AM »
>"I dunno. Peace doesn't really stop hate and apathy and stuff. So I guess if it wasn't noticed, it probably doesn't happen."
>"Well, I'd like to think everyone here gets along with everyone else... or at least, doesn't conflict with others. Why, there was only a single town until Estelle came along, which may have helped. But I can't say that I know what people think; there certainly may be more negative feelings going around then I thought there were."
>Maybe it doesn't make something like faith or magic, but all the same, hate and apathy still does bad things to the victims; you know that's pretty true.
> "So, do you have any idea's on how we can get Jigen's faith back?"
>"I think seeing the fairies and trying to restore her world, as we're trying to do now, is a good plan. It's certainly a place to start. Other then that, there's the idea I mentioned of Jigen's faith being stored somewhere by Estelle. In which case, you'd have to find it; and after finding it, well... I'm not sure. This isn't something that happens often."

MysTeariousYukari

• Nomnomnom~
  • Hooray~
« Reply #36 on: May 02, 2010, 02:42:34 AM »
> "Ok, I just had to ask."
> "What are the fairies we are going to see like? Are they strict and no nonsense, cheerful and playful or a mix or what? If we are going to ask them for help, we gotta know what they are like. One of the last things I want is to be silly and goofy when they are no nonsense or be all serious when they are laid-back."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #37 on: May 02, 2010, 02:50:22 AM »
>Make peace with the fact we're probably going to flip our shit when we get there.

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #38 on: May 02, 2010, 03:45:42 AM »
> "Ok, I just had to ask."
> "What are the fairies we are going to see like? Are they strict and no nonsense, cheerful and playful or a mix or what? If we are going to ask them for help, we gotta know what they are like. One of the last things I want is to be silly and goofy when they are no nonsense or be all serious when they are laid-back."
>Masha nods in response.
>Cocoa giggles, answering "Oh, there's all kinds of fairies! But most of us are happy and playful, I think. I haven't been to the Faerie Forest in a long time, though... oh, and we're getting closer! I can tell!"
>Masha whispers to you "And they're almost all ditsy and childish.", stifling a giggle afterwords. 
>Make peace with the fact we're probably going to flip our shit when we get there.
>Oh man, a whole bunch of fairies running around will be so much moe you don't even-

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #39 on: May 02, 2010, 08:58:36 AM »
>Nod to Masha, and keep going.

MysTeariousYukari

• Nomnomnom~
  • Hooray~
« Reply #40 on: May 04, 2010, 03:43:01 PM »
> Ponder how much longer to our destination.

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #41 on: May 05, 2010, 02:27:22 AM »
Maaan, I swore to myself I'd update today, and then I don't get home till forever...
>Nod to Masha, and keep going.
> Ponder how much longer to our destination.
>You nod in response, and continue trudging on, wondering how much longer it's going to be.
>As it turns out, the answer is quite awhile. You're not sure how much time passes, but you're certainly moving very slowly with all the plantlife in the way. But eventually, you see two fairies floating towards your trio.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #42 on: May 05, 2010, 02:36:26 AM »
>Do they seem pleased?

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #43 on: May 05, 2010, 02:42:00 AM »
>Do they seem pleased?
>You're not really sure. They seem happy, but it's... different.
>Cocoa shouts a Hi to them as they reach the three of you.
>One of them responds, "Hello hellos~!", the other chiming in a similar greeting after, before the first to speak continues. "You're not supposed to bring humans, you know! The Fairy Queen says not to!"
>The manner in which the fairy says this is a little unnerving; it's like saying "You're arrested for breaking the rules!" the way someone would normally say "Thanks for this awesome gift OMG it's greeeeat hugs <3"

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
Re: Berkeley's Phantasmagoria: The Dangerous Haven
« Reply #44 on: May 05, 2010, 02:54:00 AM »
>"Um, it's not just for any old reason. We need to talk to you guys about something really super important. Like, someone innocent is about to die a very sad death important it."

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #45 on: May 05, 2010, 03:03:06 AM »
>"Um, it's not just for any old reason. We need to talk to you guys about something really super important. Like, someone innocent is about to die a very sad death important it."
>After you say this, Cocoa just looks at the other two fairies smugly. :smug:
>The fairy who was talking before seems to be stumped. The other, however, says "B-but we're not supposed to let humans in! We could get in trouble! Especially with all the bad stuff that's been happening with you humans recently!"
>The fairy sounds a bit less cheerful and more worried, now.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #46 on: May 05, 2010, 03:16:17 AM »
>"Oh don't worry about that. I'm totally going to wreck Estelle's shit so bad she'll have to change her last name to Guernica."
>Hell yeah Art Class extra credit~

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #47 on: May 05, 2010, 03:27:24 AM »
>"Oh don't worry about that. I'm totally going to wreck Estelle's shit so bad she'll have to change her last name to Guernica."
>Hell yeah Art Class extra credit~
>The two fairies, at this point, just seem utterly confused. And a little scared.
>"Well, err, we can let you in, I guess...", they stutter out, before floating off ahead of you.
>Masha sighs. "I wish there was an easier way to get there...", and then she begins slowly going after the fairies.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #48 on: May 05, 2010, 03:29:27 AM »
>"Thank you! You can put guards on me. But it won't be necessary, just ask Dotsy, she'll tell you I'm cool."

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #49 on: May 06, 2010, 12:29:44 AM »
>"Thank you! You can put guards on me. But it won't be necessary, just ask Dotsy, she'll tell you I'm cool."
>They look at each other nervously as you mention guards; you have a feeling there may not be fairies properly capable of such a task.
>At the mention of Dotsy, however, they seem to calm down. "Ooooh, you're the one who saved Dotsy! All the fairies know about that! Oh, I'm sure there won't be a problem with bringing you in~"
>Masha seems a bit confused for a moment, but you think she pieces together what happened before long.

MysTeariousYukari

• Nomnomnom~
  • Hooray~
« Reply #50 on: May 06, 2010, 12:33:39 AM »
> "Masha, just to fill you in, with some help, I managed to save a Fairy named Dotsy. Nothing tremendous, just saving her from a spider-person and shooting a big laser."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #51 on: May 06, 2010, 12:37:58 AM »
>Hey, that was pretty tremendous.
>Follow them faeries.

MysTeariousYukari

• Nomnomnom~
  • Hooray~
« Reply #52 on: May 06, 2010, 12:50:36 AM »
>Follow them faeries.

> Gotta avoid bragging about it though, braggers don't get the girl as often.

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #53 on: May 13, 2010, 02:06:50 AM »
> "Masha, just to fill you in, with some help, I managed to save a Fairy named Dotsy. Nothing tremendous, just saving her from a spider-person and shooting a big laser."
>Her hand flys to her mouth and she goes, "Oh dear!" after you tell her about the spiderwoman and laserness. "I didn't know it was something like that; I just thought you did something silly that this "Dotsy" was so grateful for. Or at most, freed her from a bush."
>You can't help but giggle a bit at the bush comment. You wonder if fairies actually get stuck in bushes sometimes.
>Follow them faeries.
> Gotta avoid bragging about it though, braggers don't get the girl as often.
>It sure was tremendous! She was scary! And that part where you flew through the air and stabbed her with the screwdriver... that was some major badassery. But you decide bragging isn't good, so you'll try not to!
>You follow the faeries through the plantlife of the forest; after a minute, the two new fairies groan in agony. "You humans are sooo slooow! This is gonna take forever!"

Meanwhile...

>You open your eyes, rubbing them before stretching out your limbs. It seems to be morning; you think. You must have been asleep against this tree for quite awhile! You remember what happened yesterday...
>You are UNKNOWN GIRL! Or rather, you don't remember your name! The farthest you can remember for sure is waking up in some sleazy room a day or two ago with no memories! From there, you overheard a STRANGE CONVERSATION from outside the room, and learned the people who trapped you may want you dead! But as you were locked inside the room, you had nothing to do but go to sleep... where you had a STRANGE DREAM!
           After you woke up, you found the key to your room, and a hidden panel in the ceiling, and you managed to ESCAPE; but not before overhearing a few more STRANGE THINGS, and getting chased by a bunch of people! You managed to GET OUT of the building you were trapped in, however, and LOST your pursuers in a FOREST. After becoming sufficiently lost in this forest, you went to sleep against a tree and had another STRANGE DREAM, where you remembered some things!

>Your inventory currently contains...
-Plain White Dress (Currently Worn)
-Key

>Your current goals are...
-Amnesia
You can't remember who you are, or much of anything else! In your dreams, you've remembered a few things, but nothing much...

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
Re: Berkeley's Phantasmagoria: The Dangerous Haven (Unknown Girl Phase)
« Reply #54 on: May 13, 2010, 02:09:34 AM »
>Try to remember what direction we fled from, so we don't accidentally head back that way again.

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #55 on: May 13, 2010, 02:17:13 AM »
>Try to remember what direction we fled from, so we don't accidentally head back that way again.
>You really don't know where you came from, actually. You had been pretty exhausted by the time you got this far, and just fell asleep as soon as you sat down... you weren't really paying attention to what your surroundings looked like.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #56 on: May 13, 2010, 02:27:06 AM »
>Sigh.
>Look around for traces of our passage; footprints, broken foliage, and the like.

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #57 on: May 13, 2010, 02:45:02 AM »
>Sigh.
>Look around for traces of our passage; footprints, broken foliage, and the like.
>You sigh. You never seem to have the slightest idea what's coming next until it's already happened...
>Oh, of course! To your right, you see some footprints and fallen leaves. That must have been the way you came.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #58 on: May 13, 2010, 02:52:51 AM »
>Head left.
>Hope there is something edible or drinkable out there.

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #59 on: May 13, 2010, 02:57:07 AM »
>Head left.
>Hope there is something edible or drinkable out there.
>You get up, and begin walking leftwards.
>Oh man, this makes you realize how long it's been since you've eaten or drank... your mouth and throat are quite dry, now that you think about it. It must have been over a day; how long can people go without water? How you wish you hadn't left the water bottles behind in that sleazy room...

>After a while, you notice the plants becoming less thick and easier to walk through, and you see a few flowers blooming as well. In one direction, the flowers seem to be growing more common, and the large plants that obstruct your way becoming sparse.