Author Topic: Proposal: Game subforum in Reimu's Party Games  (Read 15202 times)

C27

• Byronic Commando
  • Tactical danmaku operator
Proposal: Game subforum in Reimu's Party Games
« on: April 23, 2010, 11:35:31 PM »
I'm working on a Touhou role-playing strategy game right now, when it's ready I'd like to GM it here if possible. I'd need a subforum and limited mod ability (to sticky threads and do GM stuff). The game would be played in turns, via private messages between players and the GM.

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
  • Make a yukkuri and take it easy with me
Re: Proposal: Game subforum in Reimu's Party Games
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2010, 11:48:25 PM »
First up, can't give you a subforum on your own. That's up to the admin-bosses and definitely a no last time something like this came up.

How many threads do you anticipate needing? How much activity will it have? Is your game going to be playable if it had to share the space with everything else that's going on?

C27

• Byronic Commando
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2010, 12:04:55 AM »
First up, can't give you a subforum on your own. That's up to the admin-bosses and definitely a no last time something like this came up.
If you say so.
How many threads do you anticipate needing?

One for news reports/map and one for rules (these stay locked, only GM posts here), one for player signups, one for in-character discussion, one for suggestions and issues with the game. So five.

How much activity will it have? Is your game going to be playable if it had to share the space with everything else that's going on?

7 to 14 players, turns played two or three times a week. Not active enough to stay on the front page I guess.

The game probably won't run well at all in the midst of chaos. I suppose I can host it elsewhere and just make an announcement here when it's ready.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2010, 12:17:59 AM by C27 »

helvetica

• Arcade Maid
  • United Federation
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2010, 01:52:54 AM »
Is there any reason you have to have all of these separate?  Most game threads are fine with 1-2 threads.  Player signups is only needed at the beginning, and would just die once the game is running.  News report/suggestions can be rolled together (just edit the OP for latest news).  Rules/in-character can be merged as well.

I'm refusing on making a separate subforum.  RPG IS the forum game/RP subforum, so it kind of redundant to have a subforum for game threads in the forum game board.  I'm fine with stickying your threads, but not 5 of them.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2010, 01:57:25 AM by ♪ Yagami Hayate ♫ »

Twitter: @hipsterfont | Discord: helvetica#0573 | LINE: hipsterfont

He thought that on that same day he was to take the city of Priam, but he little knew what was in the mind of Jove, who had many another hard-fought fight in store alike for Danaans and Trojans."

C27

• Byronic Commando
« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2010, 02:25:03 AM »
The thread would be too difficult to read through with a ton of stuff going on. Like I said, I'd prefer to do it somewhere else and keep it tidy. There's a lot of information to put forth.

Thanks anyway.

helvetica

• Arcade Maid
  • United Federation
« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2010, 03:45:35 AM »
Alright.

Twitter: @hipsterfont | Discord: helvetica#0573 | LINE: hipsterfont

He thought that on that same day he was to take the city of Priam, but he little knew what was in the mind of Jove, who had many another hard-fought fight in store alike for Danaans and Trojans."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #6 on: April 24, 2010, 11:15:12 AM »
Tso's got the right of this. As an old hat GM, I can say you definitely are not going to need more than a thread or two. Sign-ups, updates, and maps in an OOC thread, and the game thread. The pace will not be that manic, I assure you. Even at the most active, you'll have a couple dozen posts a day, and that's if you're quick on the GM and have motivated players.

Just organize your stuff clearly, and reading through it won't be a problem.