Author Topic: Anime North 2010 - Touhou Panel!  (Read 55293 times)

PN

Anime North 2010 - Touhou Panel!
« on: April 14, 2010, 12:13:24 AM »
I tried last year to get a panel going, with no luck, but let's aim to get it done this year!  I've got 3 people on board already, so 1 or 2 more should seal the deal.  If you're interested, sign up at anpanels.com, and posting on the AN board doesn't hurt either.

Gpop

Re: Anime North 2010 - Touhou Panel!
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2010, 12:18:50 AM »
Oh hey I'm interested in this actually. I'll go see if I can, have to check out my schedule. I really want to.

Drake

« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2010, 12:30:09 AM »
If I decided to go, I probably would. However, I probably won't go :P

A Colorful Calculating Creative and Cuddly Crafty Callipygous Clever Commander
- original art by Aiけん | ウサホリ -

dustyjo

« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2010, 12:32:18 AM »
I can't go because lol canada

« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2010, 12:33:17 AM »
I need a Professor Layton constume :<

E-Nazrin

• .... what're you looking at?
  • fuwafuwa pachipachi
« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2010, 01:08:40 AM »
Oh man. You tempt me. I plan to go but have no schedule in mind, so this might not be a bad idea for me to get involved with.

What do you need?
There was something here once. Wonder what...

PN

« Reply #6 on: April 14, 2010, 11:26:13 PM »
Oh man. You tempt me. I plan to go but have no schedule in mind, so this might not be a bad idea for me to get involved with.

What do you need?

Not much, just people who can talk Touhou.  As a panelist, you don't need to do much, mainly keep conversation going.  I like panels to be free-flowing, so I don't really plan a strict agenda (usually a rough one that covers the topics I want to touch on).

For this panel, what I'm leaning towards as topics are: the games, the Gensokyo world (and characters), influence of Touhou, doujin work (spinoff games, manga, music). 

You do need to sign up at anpanels.com, and it does help (I think) to post on the AN board.

Having an audience would be great too (since I think one of the criteria that a panel is judged on for inclusion in subsequent cons is audience size).

E-Nazrin

• fuwafuwa pachipachi
« Reply #7 on: April 17, 2010, 02:42:03 PM »
Not much, just people who can talk Touhou.  As a panelist, you don't need to do much, mainly keep conversation going.  I like panels to be free-flowing, so I don't really plan a strict agenda (usually a rough one that covers the topics I want to touch on).

For this panel, what I'm leaning towards as topics are: the games, the Gensokyo world (and characters), influence of Touhou, doujin work (spinoff games, manga, music). 

You do need to sign up at anpanels.com, and it does help (I think) to post on the AN board.

Having an audience would be great too (since I think one of the criteria that a panel is judged on for inclusion in subsequent cons is audience size).

Hmm... I think I can do that. I just hope I'll manage myself appropriately for the situation. And be remotely well-rested.

I guess I should look into that then :<

Gpop

« Reply #8 on: April 17, 2010, 03:11:58 PM »

I guess we need to set up some sort of slide-show with all this and all though.

I guess I'll look it up myself as well.

PN

« Reply #9 on: April 19, 2010, 10:05:56 PM »
If we want to do a slideshow or any other type of AV stuff (videos or music), let me know sooner rather than later.  Not all the panel rooms have AV equipment, so we'd have to let the organizers know ahead of time.

Gpop

« Reply #10 on: April 19, 2010, 11:07:38 PM »
If we want to do a slideshow or any other type of AV stuff (videos or music), let me know sooner rather than later.  Not all the panel rooms have AV equipment, so we'd have to let the organizers know ahead of time.

Tbh I'd rather do a slideshow to show some samples of what Touhou is, the games (especially gameplay videos), videos and popular memes that spawned from it, a lot of things to explain. I, myself, am a visual learner and all that, so these things would help me understand than just mere words.

Merp

« Reply #11 on: April 20, 2010, 06:00:10 AM »
I'll have to check my schedule and with the guys i'm going with but i think i can join you guys for this, if you'll have me ofc~ And i agree, a slideshow and some lunatic gameplay videos would be great.

Oh and am i required to dress up as a Touhou for this? cause i already made other costumes and it's a bit too late to change now.
Assemblage of egregious drama queens

Pixiv  Deviantart  Livestream  Art Thread

Gpop

« Reply #12 on: April 20, 2010, 01:46:00 PM »
I'll have to check my schedule and with the guys i'm going with but i think i can join you guys for this, if you'll have me ofc~ And i agree, a slideshow and some lunatic gameplay videos would be great.

Oh and am i required to dress up as a Touhou for this? cause i already made other costumes and it's a bit too late to change now.

I'm not gonna cosplay at all. At most I'm gonna bring that shitty Flan shirt I made in Media Arts last year to AN again.

E-Nazrin

• fuwafuwa pachipachi
« Reply #13 on: April 21, 2010, 06:12:10 AM »
Yeah, c(r)os(s)play is not mandatory. Might be a detriment in some instances.

I'll probably bring Chen, though I'm not sure I'll wear it.

... though, it sounds like plans aren't 100% certain of whether a few of my friends are interested in going, so I'll have to see about whether I'm going, first...

Kilgamayan

• True
  • The Real Treasure Is You
    • Let's Play Super Marisa World
« Reply #14 on: April 21, 2010, 06:24:07 AM »
Yeah, c(r)os(s)play is not mandatory. Might be a detriment in some instances.

Crossplay is only a detriment if you take yourself seriously. 3/4ths of the AB panel crew was crossplaying but we had spent the entire weekend not taking ourselves seriously so no one really cared.
[22:40:12] <Drake> "guys i donwloaded esod but its not workan"
[22:40:21] <Drake> REPORTED
[22:40:25] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> PROBATED
[22:40:30] <Drake> ORGASM
[22:40:32] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> FUCK YEAH

[22:28:39] <Edible> Mafia would be a much easier game if we were playing "spot the asshole"

Gpop

« Reply #15 on: April 21, 2010, 01:51:25 PM »
Well thing is I don't cosplay in general. because I'm too lazy to make my own >_>

PN

« Reply #16 on: April 23, 2010, 01:25:49 AM »
Just as an FYI, the first set of panels has been released, with no sign of Touhou anywhere.

http://teahouseofthemaplemoon.yuku.com/topic/2807?page=1

Make sure to sign up on anpanels.com if you want to participate, and let's try and get some chatter on the AN board to show we're serious.

Drake

« Reply #17 on: April 23, 2010, 01:42:49 AM »
that list makes me cry

A Colorful Calculating Creative and Cuddly Crafty Callipygous Clever Commander
- original art by Aiけん | ウサホリ -

« Reply #18 on: April 23, 2010, 01:45:06 AM »
I wonder if any other conventions plan to have touhou panels...

There should be a website for that
Let me back into CPMC :|

Gpop

« Reply #19 on: April 23, 2010, 02:44:32 AM »
Just as an FYI, the first set of panels has been released, with no sign of Touhou anywhere.

http://teahouseofthemaplemoon.yuku.com/topic/2807?page=1

Make sure to sign up on anpanels.com if you want to participate, and let's try and get some chatter on the AN board to show we're serious.

I signed up and all. Where do I go and all to help out make this happen?

Bananamatic

« Reply #20 on: April 23, 2010, 04:17:07 AM »
what are "advanced AMV techniques" :V

I'd go there just to laugh at people, but it's too far :V

PN

« Reply #21 on: April 23, 2010, 10:43:58 PM »

PN

« Reply #22 on: May 07, 2010, 01:35:16 AM »
Still no idea whether Touhou will happen or not, but was told by Fingers (who organizes all the panels), that any A/V equipment will only be provided on a needed basis.

That said, if we want any type of A/V stuff, please forward me what you had in mind, and I can see how receptive he is to what is suggested.

Gpop

« Reply #23 on: May 07, 2010, 01:45:05 AM »
I posted in that thread as I didn't see this before. I dunno if I can provide A/V equipment though...

Kilgamayan

• True
  • The Real Treasure Is You
    • Let's Play Super Marisa World
« Reply #24 on: May 07, 2010, 01:45:51 AM »
Moving this to Renko's since that's where all the other con stuff I can think of is.
[22:40:12] <Drake> "guys i donwloaded esod but its not workan"
[22:40:21] <Drake> REPORTED
[22:40:25] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> PROBATED
[22:40:30] <Drake> ORGASM
[22:40:32] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> FUCK YEAH

[22:28:39] <Edible> Mafia would be a much easier game if we were playing "spot the asshole"

Yamachanadu

• Apparently pre-Yamatrend
« Reply #25 on: May 07, 2010, 01:51:22 AM »
After seeing that list of panels, I now no longer have *any* regrets I'm not going to AN.  Good luck guys, feel free to come to MTL for Otakuthon.
<%convider> with the nose on top it looks like a lovecraftian sam fisher

Merp

« Reply #26 on: May 07, 2010, 02:31:43 PM »
yea i died a little inside after i saw the lists D: but too late to back out now.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2010, 04:44:41 PM by Merp♥~ »

« Reply #27 on: May 07, 2010, 04:19:22 PM »
yea i died a little inside after i saw the final lists D: but too late to back out now.
Oh shit you live in Ontario?

Oh boy :]

Merp

« Reply #28 on: May 07, 2010, 04:44:05 PM »
Oh shit you live in Ontario?

Oh boy :]

Toronto  :V

E-Nazrin

• fuwafuwa pachipachi
« Reply #29 on: May 07, 2010, 05:13:47 PM »
I keep getting more reasons to try and move to the Hamilton/Toronto area.

But not for a while yet.

I don't think I'm going to AN this year. Usual accomplices are uncertain and it's getting a little close to the due date by now. Sorry guys. :(