Author Topic: The Cool Samurai Girl Meira.  (Read 29706 times)

nintendonut888

• So those that live now, pledge on your fists and souls
  • Leave a sign of your life, no matter how small...
The Cool Samurai Girl Meira.
« on: April 07, 2010, 01:48:24 AM »
Just a silly little idea I got. We'll see if I get the inspiration to continue it later.

---
"In this land of Gensokyo, there are two forces: Light and darkness."

In a darkened room, a lone figure stood. She was dressed in red and white robes that hung loosely on her small frame.

"Indeed. The light pushes back the darkness, and is often portrayed as the desirable force. Most everyone sides with the light in any situation, believing it to be superior."

In a slow and practiced manner, the woman tied her long purple hair into a ponytail.

"However, such narrow-minded fools do not realize the true might of the dark side. While light always does appear to win out, it is dark, not light, that rises time and time again to become the dominant force."

The young woman brought an adorned scabbard up to her face, balanced between her two hands and partially drew the katana within.

"Yes...this unrelenting and undying might that will never give up its struggle for dominance...this is the true power of darkness!"

The girl drew the katana fully, buckling the scabbard to her robe's belt. With a mighty cry, she swung her steel blade forward, sideways, spinning around and cutting diagonally.

"Yes! Any fool who believes light is the force to side with is just kidding themselves. On the other hand, I, the dark samurai Meira, do not-"

Meira, what are you doing in there?!

"AH!"

Startled by the loud voice on the other side of the room, Meira jumped in the air a bit, losing her grip on her sword. Upon coming down, she stumbled a slight amount, which led to her catching her feet on her flowing robes. A loud THUMP could be heard as the young girl crashed onto the ground.

A door opened, and a middle-aged woman marched in with a bemused expression.

"Meira, I don't know what clap-trap you're mumbling about, but you don't have time for it. Look outside!"

The lady walked over to the black curtains and thrust them open. The morning sun now beamed directly into Meira's eyes, who shielded them.

"Mooooooom! I told you to not come into my room without permission!" Meira shouted at the detestable figure who ruined her monologue.

Meira's mother put her hand on her hip and looked down on the floored samurai.

"Don't give me that tone of voice young lady. Like it or not, it is morning now. Hurry up and take off those silly clothes and change into your uniform. You're going to be late for school! And don't you know swords are dangerous to swing around like that? Honestly, I didn't raise you to turn out this way..."

Continuing to mutter to herself, the woman stormed out and slammed the door. Meira winced at the sound. 
Shaking her head to get rid of the dizziness, she got up and reluctantly took off her robes and changed into a blue sailor uniform. Meira grumbled to herself about how her mom doesn't understand her and trudged out the door.

---

If luck is with me and I keep the inspiration going, this will likely be updated with small chunks of the story as I go.
nintendonut888: Hey Baity. I beat the high score for Sanae B hard on the score.dat you sent me. X3
Baity: For a moment, I thought you broke 1.1billion. Upon looking at my score.dat, I can assume that you destroyed the score that is my failed (first!) 1cc attempt on my first day of playing. Congratulations.

[19:42] <Sapz> I think that's the only time I've ever seen a suicide bullet shoot its own suicide bullet

Esifex

• Though the sun may set
  • It shall rise again
Re: The Cool Samurai Girl Meira.
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2010, 02:05:07 AM »
Yes.

This is very yes.

« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2010, 02:28:42 AM »
XD XD XD

This is awesome.

nintendonut888

« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2010, 06:16:02 AM »
Hee hee hee, it's so fun to write without the worry of whether or not people like it. HAVE SOME EXPOSITION RAAAAAW.

---
Meira sat near the back row in her classroom; None of the cool kids sat anywhere near the front. Not for the sake of rebellion either; the teacher was really frightening when she got angry. Meira eyed Ms. Kamishirasawa warily as she droned on about history or some other pointless drivel. She sighed and stuffed her left hand in her skirt pocket while supporting her head with her right.

Man, why do we have to learn this boring crap anyway? There's so many cool things yet we only ever learn about the history of some place we can't even visit.

Meira had read some interesting things about this "outside world" as it was called, but without a means to go through the border and visit it it's just another fantasy. Meira could read about the interesting world out there her whole life, but what she really was into were things she could obtain for herself. On that note, Meira turned to her wide-eyed classmate Kotohime, the only person in this school that was actually interesting.

"Psst, Kotohime."

The redhead dressed in a kimono turned to face her. "Hmm? Yes miss samurai-san?" Meira closed her eyes at this nickname and continued.

"You wanna ditch class later and do cooler stuff?"

Kotohime nodded fervently. "Aye. This counsel session has gone on far too long. There's too much crime in the world to waste on discussing the taxing of the lower class!"

Meira never could figure this girl out. On the first day of class she had introduced herself as the princess of Gensokyo, even though there was no monarchy in this world. A few weeks later, she produced handcuffs and started hogtying random classmates, asserting herself as a "policewoman." Out of curiosity, Meira once asked the teacher why she allows this and why Kotohime didn't have to wear a sailor uniform. The only reply given was "she is special."

Her bizarre personality aside, Meira could not fault Kotohime for both finding and producing strange new things of all sorts. It was Kotohime who lent her her robes, not to mention her sweet katana. Meira continued to befriend her just so she could continue to hear and learn of strange new things. As soon as class had a break, it was time to learn something new once more.

"A-HEM. Meira, is your conversation with Kotohime so important it's worth talking over the signing of the Magna Carta?" Ms. Kamishirasawa took off her glasses, which was never good news. Meira so wanted to tell her that, no, she doesn't care about some pansy country's haggis a la carte or whatever she just said. Of course, that would be suicide, so Meira bit her lip and remained silent.

---

About an hour later, it was math time. Math. Another subject Meira could never care for. Hell, there wasn't anything in this school taught she cared for, but math was needed least of all. Instead, opened in front of her math textbook, Meira busied herself with an interesting tome she picked up at that one shop down by the forest.

UFOs...future technology just ripe for the taking? Man, it would be so cool to take over one of those and blow up the school. Then we'd see who doesn't learn!

Meira chuckled as she continued reading. Keine stopped writing a calculation down on the chalkboard long enough to glare at Meira, who didn't notice. After a moment, she resumed talking.

Bored out of her mind and the welcome release of break time still another twenty minutes away, Meira busied herself some more in her book on UFOs.

Crop circles? Flattening the crops to form a symbol? Man, there really has to be a deeper meaning to it.

Truth be told, there was only two things in the world that interested Meira: The eccentric, and the powerful. Her dream is to become a super samurai who can cut anyone down with overwhelming might. She even has the robes and the sword. Sure she's never actually cut anyone down, but...

Hmm, alien probes? What the heck does that me-WHOA.

Meira blushed a bit. She bent over to another classmate, Rikako, who had been paying close attention to Keine's lecture until this point.

"Hey, get a load of this."

Pressing her glasses to her face, Rikako muttered "quiet, I'm trying to listen."

Meira snorted. "Oh please, you can't be serious." She glanced up at Keine, who had stopped writing and was piercing Meira's soul with her glare.

Rikako, tapping her feet, turned and spoke in a matter of fact tone. "Minds like you may not realize it, but our whole world runs on the world of mathematics. You would do well to pay attention to Ms. Kamishirasawa's teachings."

Maybe it was the hay fever, maybe it was her mom interrupting her earlier this morning, but whatever the cause, Meira was losing patience with school fast today. Closing her book, Meira slammed it down on the desk and said all too loudly "Oh come ON, when will we ever need to use math? This is useless!  U-S-E-L-E-S-S! Tell me one thing any of this will ever do to help us.

"Meira, isn't it obvious?"

"Tsk. What is it teachhhh-?!"

Meira trailed off when she turned back to come face to face with her teacher, flashing a very wide smile with her eyes closed. Meira felt a primal fear well up within her.

Her smile betraying her real feelings, Keine said in a very slow voice, "well, you can use math to count the amount of seconds you have left in this mortal coil...~"

For some reason, Meira can't recall much of what happened after this.

---

To be continued?!
« Last Edit: March 16, 2012, 09:54:34 PM by nintendonut888 »
nintendonut888: Hey Baity. I beat the high score for Sanae B hard on the score.dat you sent me. X3
Baity: For a moment, I thought you broke 1.1billion. Upon looking at my score.dat, I can assume that you destroyed the score that is my failed (first!) 1cc attempt on my first day of playing. Congratulations.

[19:42] <Sapz> I think that's the only time I've ever seen a suicide bullet shoot its own suicide bullet

♛ Apher-Forte

• Am I to go home...or shall I stay alone?
  • Forever lost at sea, a distant bell rings for me
    • Himitsu's NSFW Blog ~ contains NSFW material
« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2010, 09:59:44 AM »
I said it once when you wrote that Yumemi tale for Ruro, I will say it again, you have a fun way with words and I like it.
  <-- my artwork thread, click me!
[ Find my cosplay photos here. ] OMG I HAVE TUMBLR FOLLOW PLZX Will You Remember Me... ?

« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2010, 05:17:35 PM »
Heh, cute.

So ... half the cast of PoDD are really little girls, huh?

Alfred F. Jones

• Estamos orgullosos del Batall?n Lincoln
  • y de la lucha que hizo por Madrid
« Reply #6 on: April 07, 2010, 05:29:44 PM »
Meira eyed Ms. Kamishirasawa warily as she droned on about history or some other pointless drivel.

Meira has no taste whatsoever. >:<

Also, Kotohime's view of social justice made me lol hard. She's really got her priorities confused if she thinks the Magna Carta is boring, though... :|

« Reply #7 on: April 07, 2010, 09:50:39 PM »
Actually, that strikes me as a perfectly cromulent characterization of "kids who think school is useless because they aren't actually fully considering what is actually being taught there." ;)

nintendonut888

« Reply #8 on: April 09, 2010, 07:56:01 PM »
Oh, I feel obligated to say that the story hasn't been worked on due to Sakura Wars-related reasons. Don't worry, I'll probably still work on it over the weekend. o>

nintendonut888

« Reply #9 on: April 17, 2010, 05:50:52 AM »
Sorry for the delay~ I have trouble with exposition chapters. :( It's good just to move past this.

---

Meira regained consciousness about five hours later in a dark alley behind the school. She shook her head and felt around to see if anything was broken. While everything still functioned, Meira had bruises all over her body, and it hurt to move.

"Ooh. That damn Kamishirasawa. Surely in that stinking textbook of hers you'd think there'd be some history of not punishing students...or something. Geez..." Biting her tongue to withstand the pain, Meira slowly rose to her feet and used the walls to support herself as she made her way back to the school grounds.

---

By the time Meira arrived, most of the kids had already gone home. Meira was in no hurry to return though, as what was there for her back home? Her mom would just complain about how she wasn't a "perfect lady," she'd probably ground her for some arbitrary reason, and she'd be stuck in her room. Rather than go through that, she walked around the school to see if Kotohime was still around. She never did get around to hearing about her daily new information after all.

Sure enough, she soon found Kotohime sitting down and leaning against a tree. Her eyes were closed, so she didn't notice Meira walking up to her. She was humming some strange song that repeated the same rhythms over and over. Meira kept silent to hear the song out ("it might get better...") After about thirty seconds Meira realized she was just repeating the same rhythms over and over. Meira sighed and cleared her throat.

"Hmmmm?" Kotohime stopped and opened her eyes. "Oh, miss samurai-san, you're back!" She looked at Meira's bruises and tattered skirt. "Ah! Off keeping up your samurai honor? Good show, good show!" Kotohime bent forward and kowtowed to Meira, who proudly accepted the honor being bestowed onto her.

What a maniacal princess this is...but that?s why I like her

Once Kotohime sat back up, Meira's eyes lightened and she got a giddy grin on her face. She sat on her knees and looked at Kotohime with a nearly childish anticipation. "So?!"

The delusional princess tilted her head. "Soooooo?"

bees Meira put her hands on the floor and leaned in on her friend. "What do you have? Surely you have something cool to show me!"

"Eh? You desire payment? I don't take kickbacks you know."

Meira's hopes were dimming. "Look, do you have anything in that kimono of yours?"

Kotohime stood up and dug around in her front pocket. "Hmm...ah!" She extracted a small, round ball. She handed it to Meira, who ran her fingers over it to feel the texture.

Meira looked at her friend like a kid who just got underwear for Christmas. "Uh...what's so special about this? It's just a rubber ball."

Kotohime laughed. "Miss samurai-san, this is no ordinary rubbery ball. It is a ball blessed with the power to bounce! Here, follow me." She walked over to the sidewalk as Meira stood up and followed.

Where is this going...? It's just a stupid ball.

Kotohime took the ball from Meira and walked onto the sidewalk. "Now, watch this!" In an overly dramatic gesture she raised the ball to the heavens and threw it down onto the ground. Rather than making a dent in the pavement, the ball rebounded and bounced up into the air. Meira could only gawk as it flew nearly thirty feet into the air. As it descended, Kotohime leapt at it, caught it, and landed gracefully at the ground, turning her head to wink at Meira.

Meira was dumbstruck. "Kotohime...what you just did..."

Kotohime waved her hand at the faux-samurai. "Oh, stooop. It's something that comes naturally to a princess!"

Meira continued. "...was so lame. But that ball was cool. Gimme gimme." She snatched it from Kotohime's hand as her brain tried to process the blow Meira just did to her ego. Meira eyed the ball with fascination, her eyes shining with adoration.

"A ball with unusual bouncing capabilities?amazing. Kotohime, where did you get this?"

Kotohime snapped out of her trance, deciding she did not hear Meira call her anything short of perfect. 

"Oh, that? They just pop up at this interesting hill I like to sleep at in my off-duty days. I have a whole collection of them actually!"

Meira's eyes widened even more, ignoring Kotohime's inability to decide what she was supposed to be impersonating. "Really? Where, where, where?"

Kotohime dug around in her robes some more. "Lessee, they should be around here somewhere...hmm...what's this?" She brought her hands up in the air. "They're not here. I must have forgotten them in another robe."

Meira frowned. "Well, that's okay. For now, I wanna test this out. Here goes!"

With a mighty cry worthy of a real samurai, Meira tossed the bouncy ball into the sidewalk with all the strength she could muster. Meira's eyes darted in the sky to see where it was, but couldn't see it.

"Woow, it must have bounced so high we can't see it! This is soooo cool. I never thought such a bouncy object could exist! This is something fit for my collecti-AUGH!"

A dull pain filled Meira's head as the bouncy ball - which had bounced straight up, came down upon her head. Meira gasped and kneeled onto the ground.

Kotohime was rolling on the ground, giggling her little head off. "Pfft. M-miss samurai-san, that was something else! You need more training! A real samurai could toss a shuriken and cut the ball clean in half before it ever reached you. Hee hee hee..."

That's a NINJA weapon, noob!

Meira was back in a bad mood, being laughed at as both Meira and as a samurai. She was TOTALLY a samurai! She had the sword, what more is there to the deal? Gritting her teeth, Meira picked up the ball and tossed it even harder at the ground. This time she watched in satisfaction as it rebounded high into the air.

Pivoting, she turned her attention to the red head insulting her honor, she flashed a grin. "On my samurai honor, I shall make you pay!" She went to grab the nearest stick, when-

"AIIIIIIIIIIIIIE! MY HAT!"

Meira turned to the source of the ear-splitting shriek. Whoops, did I hit somebody with that? Heh, I wonder who has such a high-pitched scream.

Forgetting her vengeance on Kotohime, Meira ran over to the kneeling figure. "Eh, sorry about that. I guess I'll be a bit more care..." Her voice trailed off.

Keine, who had just started to head home for the day, was bent over her intricate hat, the red ribbon wrinkled and the pagoda stained by the muddy ground it had fallen into.

Keine let out a whimper. "My...hat..."

Meira gulped and stepped back. "I-I'll be more c-care..."

Keine got up from the ground, and turned to Meira, piercing her with a demonic glare.

"My...hat...

"Ca-re...fu...ck."
---

Will Keine's hat be okay? Will Kotohime find her missing bouncy balls? Will Meira have enough non-ripped clothes to not be arrested on the way home for indecent exposure? Find out, next time!
« Last Edit: March 16, 2012, 10:13:09 PM by nintendonut888 »

Forte Blackadder

• 雲龍九現
  • Thi?n Giả L?ng Y?u
    • FaceBook
« Reply #10 on: April 17, 2010, 11:56:22 AM »
Lol I read chap 1 and was like "oh a Jedi parody" and then "omg a cute comedy".
Very nice.

Sapz

• There's no escape.
  • It's time to burn!
« Reply #11 on: April 17, 2010, 12:04:05 PM »
Something about this new chapter made it sound so much more accomplished than the previous two... I can't quite put my finger on it, though. :V Good stuff, at any rate.
Let's fight.

« Reply #12 on: April 17, 2010, 08:02:06 PM »
I dunno, this just seems like general awesome to me.

nintendonut888

« Reply #13 on: May 02, 2010, 04:23:28 AM »
Sorry for the delay folks. /o\ I have been working on this gradually throughout the last couple weeks. Here's a nice long chapter to make up for it:

---

“Man. Why is Ms. Kamishirasawa such a hardass?” Meira was sitting against the school building next to Kotohime, tossing the bouncy ball up and catching it. Kotohime eyed the ball as it ascended and descended with a dull gaze.

Since her last encounter with Keine, Meira looked like a complete wreck. Her normally smooth hair was frazzled, and in the struggle she lost her hair band, leaving her long hair to fall across her back. She had a black eye, and a bloody nose which had finally stopped just a minute ago.

Meira caught the ball and held it, looking over to Kotohime. “You know, if you’re a police officer like you say, can’t you do something about teachers that abuse their students? You know, arrest her, imprison her, toss her into a pit, the like?”

Kotohime shook her head. “Oh, no no no. You can’t just arrest someone without probable cause! That would be abusing the power entrusted to me!”

Meira narrowed her eyes. “You were there. You saw everything. You can’t tell me that isn’t enough to arrest someone!”

The police princess’ eyes widened at this revelation. “Y-yes, well you see…” Kotohime began sweating under Meira’s glare.

“Eh heh heh, the corrupt authority figures certainly are the scariest, aren’t they?” She laughed and rubbed her neck. The bruised samurai sighed.

“Yeah, I know. The only reason that loony is able to get away with all this because none of us can fight back. Even my blade would likely shatter against her hard head.” Meira chuckled a bit to herself at her great play on words, sighing afterwards. “And the hunt for power continues…” She closed her eyes.

Kotohime swayed her head from side to side. “I do say, if we had a bit more than mere political power, we could perhaps change this land. If only we could have the strength of the Hakurei shrine maiden...”

Meira’s ears perked up. “Hakurei shrine maiden?” The title sounded vaguely familiar, but she had never been to a shrine before.

Kotohime waved her hand. “Oh, some heretic that hunts demons on her own time. Word has it she has an artifact containing wondrous powers.”

Meira’s eyes opened at the sound of her favorite word. “Power…?”

She nodded and continued, her arms crossed. “Yes yes, they say the Hakurei shrine maiden has the power to defeat any youkai. Of course, she’s no good. A vigilante! A lawless ruffian! Our legal system has no place for such…”

Meira was no longer listening. An artifact of power, great enough to destroy any youkai…oh baby. I want it. I want it so bad. I want it I want it I want iiiiiiit.

Meira, unable to contain her excitement, burst out “And what is it?! The artifact? Can you get it? Tell me girl!” She grabbed Kotohime’s kimono and shook her vigorously.

“Yah! M-miss samurai-san, please remember your place!”

Snapping back to reality, the samurai wannabe tossed Kotohime to the ground and cleared her throat. “A-anyway. What is this artifact? Don’t leave me hangin’ princess!”

“Hmph.” The princess wannabe put on her most regal airs, knowing that retaliating for her samurai friend’s behavior would be bad PR. “The Hakurei clan holds in their possession the legendary yin-yang orb, an artifact of most peculiar power.”

“Uh huh, uh huh…” Meira drooled slightly.

“Its true powers are still mostly unknown, but rumors from …”

”Grah ha ha ha! This village is mine! Now to destroy the schoooooool!”

The hulking entity was at the school’s doors. The village leader had surrendered already to the demon, too frightened to even fight back.”

“…pounds of chocolate and suffered only a ruptured…”

”Stop! This is MY school, and I will not allow you to desecrate it! This is my torture chamber and mine alone!”

The entity cackled at the thought of the wimpy teacher standing up to it. With a mighty roar, it reared one of its thick tentacles and slammed it right onto Keine’s thick skull. She was dead in an instant.

“Oh, will no one save us from this horrible fate?” gasped Rikako, the local nerd. She brought her hand to her forehead and fainted.

“…stated that it was the second most adorable cat in existence…”

”Halt. You who would disturb the peace, prepare to meet your fate!”

The entity looked up above its head to see a mysterious, cool, sexy lady dressed in the cloth of a samurai. Behind her was a massive sphere decorated with the yin-yang symbol.

“N-no! The dark samurai! Not now, when conquest is so close!”

The figure drew her sword. The monster could not even bring itself to fight back as the sword glowed and fired a wave of electricity. It exploded in a ball of fiery, burning passion.

“…And they say that the Hakurei shrine did in fact smell like burning youkai for years after. …Um, Miss Samurai-san…?”

“Miss Samurai-san? Th-thank you for protecting our humble village. I hereby grant you the key to the city.”

Meira sheathed her sword and bowed. “No need to thank me. I was merely showing who was the strongest in Gensokyo.”

“Three cheers for the dark samurai!”

Meira turned towards the still untouched school. “And now, I shall free of us all of oppression forever! Down with the school!”

Cheered on by everyone around her, she grabbed her blade, and-

“SAMURAI-SAN.”

Meira snapped out of her daydream. Kotohime had a distraught look about her.

“Eh? Ah…ha ha ha. Very awesome Kotohime, just peachy.”

Hugging herself, the princess mumbled “I had reasonable suspicion to believe you were going to do bad things to me from the way you were looking at me...”

Grinning and clapping her hands, Meira got back on topic. “So, where is this shrine? I, uh, want to visit it.”

Kotohime tilted her head. “Ah? Miss Samurai-san, you’re not thinking of converting to her satanic deity, are you? You know very well we function as an autocracy.” She frowned.

Afraid she was losing her loopy friend, Meira quickly came up with her best bet at keeping on this lead. “No no, you got it all wrong! In fact, to uphold your royal rule, I want to punish the heathen! PUNISH!” She stood and thrust a non-existent katana into the air. “No matter where they reside, I will show them what happens when they cross-“ she flashed a forced grin at Kotohime – “our fair princess!”

Kotohime smiled. “Aah, good. I was worried you had forgotten your code of honor! In that case, the shrine is located to the east, on the other side of the forest of magic.”

Meira froze. “The…forest?” She turned a little pale and gulped. “Y-you mean the one swarming with…youkai?”

Kotohime nodded, smiling. “Indeed. But I’m sure Ms. Samurai-san will have no problem fighting her way through. You are an honorable warrior, no?”

Meira scratched her cheek and looked away. “Y-yeah, of course…” I’ve never actually slain anyone…is this really worth it…?

“Princess! Here you are!”

Meira turned to see an older woman looking at Kotohime. She seemed to be relieved.

“Ah, dear mother! I have waited for your coming!” The strange girl stood up and stepped over to her mom. Meira breathed a sigh of relief. Whew, saved by the bell.

Kotohime turned to Meira and waved. “All right Ms. Samurai-san, the queen is here to escort me back to our castle. Good luck on your mission!”

Meira shuddered at the thought of carrying out said mission. Going through a dark scary forest was NOT on Meira’s list of things to do. Still…I’m going to be bored again until tomor-ah, I almost forgot! Meira called out to Kotohime and tossed the bouncy ball back to its owner. She caught it, waved again, and departed.

Meira looked up at the darkening sky. “Hmm, it’s getting late. I suppose I should be heading home myself.” Remembering her wounds from earlier and hissing a bit, Meira started the long, painful trek back home.

---
Don't touch that dial kids! Tune in next time to find out the exciting, ACTION-PACKED events that follow!
« Last Edit: March 16, 2012, 10:33:35 PM by nintendonut888 »

Thata no Guykoro

• I ran out of good lines a while ago
  • It alllll makes sense now
« Reply #14 on: May 02, 2010, 05:39:03 AM »
I like the update, Meira's attitude is like all kids bored with school who don't like their teachers.

*turns the dial to a different station*

Iced Fairy

• So like if you try to hurt alkaza
  • I will set you on fire k'?
    • Daisukima Dan Blog
« Reply #15 on: May 02, 2010, 05:56:10 AM »
Ah the mighty powers of the Hakurei orbs.  Too bad Kotohime neglected to mention Requirement: Hakurei bloodline.  Still, I imagine it will be a very pretty cat.

Also I'm not sure if I should pity Meira, or the forest for what seems likely to happen.

nintendonut888

« Reply #16 on: May 02, 2010, 05:58:51 AM »
*turns the dial to a different station*

You meanie-head. :(((((((

EDIT: Aaaargh, I haven't worked on this in over a week. I need to force myself to keep writing, but I'm short on ideas for this chapter. :(
« Last Edit: May 10, 2010, 07:47:44 AM by nintendonut888 »

nintendonut888

« Reply #17 on: May 24, 2010, 04:31:27 AM »
After yet another delay, here we are once more! To be honest, I'm not very happy with this chapter for a number of reasons, but eh, complaining about your own story is unsightly. Hopefully you'll find some entertainment in the story that follows. Enjoy!

---

By the time Meira reached her house, the mid-summer sky had turned to a dusky blue. Nursing her injuries from earlier, Meira stopped a few times on her way home to rest. It wasn?t as though much waited for her there anyway; she?d be lucky if there were any dinner left, and her mom no doubt was going to yell at her for being late. Mom is always so mean to me after all... All that Meira was looking forward to was the comfort of her own bed.

?Aah, what a day. Maybe if I?m quiet I can sneak into my room without having to talk to mom?? Meira was no ninja, but she was willing to give it a shot. She walked up the sidewalk and grabbed the door handle, twisting it as quietly as she could. With minimal noise, the door swung open. She could make out light from the kitchen as she took off her shoes, but she wouldn?t need to go there to reach her room, to reach home base. Just tiptoe along, and she?ll never know you were here? Easy?easy??

?SURPRISE, YOU?RE CURSED!?

Gasping in shock, Meira didn?t have time to let out more than ?What the-? before a small figure leaped from the side of a doorway and slammed a slip of paper into her face. The force knocked Meira into the opposing wall, only helping the headache that she had JUST gotten over. Though she didn?t see the figure clearly, there was only one brat that could have done this.

?Noroiko, you little snot! Have you been getting into my stuff again?!? Meira tore the slip of paper off her face and stood up to confront her giggling kid sister. The paper had the kanji for ?curse? written on it; one of Meira?s stash of curse slips she picked up from the occult shop. In Noroiko?s hand, Meira saw a bunch of identical slips. Sh-she took them ALL?!

?Alright ya little half-pint, time to teach you a lesson. Now hold sti-?

?CURSED~ YOU?RE CURSED~!?

Noroiko split the deck of slips across her hands and began throwing them at Meira like a ninja maid would her knives. Shrugging them off, Meira leapt at her sister with the intent to commit wedgicide. Noroiko, always quick on her feet, sidestepped out of the way, leading Meira to crash into the other wall.

The samurai held her head and staggered to her feet. Noroiko was grinning like a Cheshire cat, tossing curse slips one at a time with surprising accuracy considering their flimsiness. Meira growled.

?Aah, you?ve done it now, peasant! Looks like it?s time to dish out some kiri sute gomen on your ass!? * Grinning a bit herself, Meira caught the next curse slip in her hands, prompting Noroiko to go on the defensive. With her more rational movements, Meira quickly tripped up her little sister and backed her into a corner. Pulling back her torn sleeves, Meira advanced to deal the finishing blow --

?Augh! Ow ow ow!?

-- had her mother not grabbed her ear and forced her back a few steps. A wall candle was lit and Meira was now face to face with a highly bemused parental figure.

?Meira, just what do you think you?re doing to Norry?? She put her hands on her hips as Meira winced - in pain, and at the pet name attached to her sister.

?Mom, look at what Noroiko did! She took my curse slips without my permission!?

Meira?s mom looked at Noroiko, who was now bouncing on her heels, an innocent smile on her face.

"You mean these slips of paper on the ground? I don't see what's so wrong with her using them. Haven't I told you two to share?" Noroiko nodded vigorously, shuffling up to her mom.

Meira's heart sank. "But they're miiiiine.

?Well, were you using them? Norry seems to be having much more fun with them than you have.?

Meira already knew she was not going to win this battle, but she could not just give in to this injustice. ?But I bought those! I saved my allowance all week for that set of cur-?

?How about this? You let Noroiko play with them tonight, okay? And if she is bored with them, you can have them back tomorrow.?

The samurai was furious. It took all her willpower to keep from stamping the ground. Why is this suddenly a bargain for me to get them? They are MINE. MINE you wench!

Her inner monologue came out as little more than a quiet growl. She watched as Noroiko gathered up the curse slips from the ground and bounced away. Well, whatever. She doesn?t know how to activate them anyway. I?ll just curse her later.

Meira?s mom cleared her throat. ?ANYWAY, young miss! You have some explaining to do.? Meira gritted her teeth, bracing herself for the gauntlet.

Oh boy, what?s she going to rap me with? ?Meira, you?re late?? ?Meira, you look like a mess?? ?Meira, you have a real attitude problem and need to start acting your etc.??

Meira?s mom continued in a stern voice, ?Meira, why did you leave the front door open like that? You know the bugs come in when you don?t close it.?

The growl from her daughter abruptly stopped, followed shortly by a flat ?what.?

?Just try and remember it from now on, okay? It's not much to ask.? Her mom blew out the candle and walked back to the kitchen.

For reasons Meira could not put her finger on, this twist really pissed her off. Th-that?s it? All this other stuff and that?s what she gets on my case about. I-I-I

Before she knew what she was doing, Meira screamed in anger. ?What?!? She ran after her mom into the kitchen, where her mom had started doing the dishes.

?Hmm? What is it now Meira??

?Mom, isn?t there anything else you want to say to me??? Meira?s tone of voice matched that of one fishing for compliments.

Meira?s mom put down the plate she was washing and thought for a moment. ?Hmm?well, I left you some dinner. It?s on the table if you want it.? Meira glanced over to see a cold bowl of miso soup.

The self-centered samurai girl was somehow disappointed. ?Is?that it? Isn?t that still there because of how late I was getting home??

Her mom sighed and turned to face her difficult daughter. ?Listen Meira, I?ve been your mom for seventeen years. You?re slow to leave and slow to come back. I?ve accepted it by now. Just don?t get yourself into any trouble, okay??

The pit in Meira's stomach grew deeper. ?You really don?t care about my life, do you? It?s all about Noroiko to you, isn?t it?!?

Meira?s mom blinked, unaware of how she just set her daughter off. ?Meira, I don?t think I should be getting involved in your life. I read somewhere teens don?t like that.?

Meira was furious. Taking advice from a book? She really DOESN?T understand me. Damn it. Trying her best to articulate herself, she stammered ?W-well, no, but?but??

Her mom chuckled to herself and patted her on the shoulder. ?I tell you what. I?ll start the inquisition if you start attacking people in the streets, alright?? She smiled at the thought.

On the verge of crying tears of frustration, Meira shook her mom?s hands off and said ?Yeah, well maybe I will then!? She stormed out of the kitchen and into her room, slamming the door behind her.

Meira?s mom let out a long sigh. She just didn?t know what to do with her daughter. She was so rebellious, but she hadn?t the slightest idea what she wanted. She even tried the permissive parenting technique she had read about and her daughter still hated her. Maybe I?ll just let her sleep through school tomorrow as a treat She closed her eyes in thought. ?Hmm??

The sound of a door being yanked open interrupted her thoughts, and her older daughter stormed into the kitchen once more. Without even looking at her parent, she picked the miso soup off the table and stormed back out, slamming the door again. Meira?s mom blinked a bit, then smiled to herself. ?Still my little girl as always.? She went back to doing the dishes.

---

Well? What do you think? Any feedback would be appreciated. Whether or not you like it though, you can be sure that there will be an update once more, same samurai time, same samurai place.

Also, since I realize the average person wouldn't get it, here is art of Noroiko: http://www.pixiv.net/tags.php?tag=%E5%91%AA%E3%81%84%E5%AD%90
« Last Edit: March 16, 2012, 10:58:23 PM by nintendonut888 »

« Reply #18 on: May 24, 2010, 05:16:41 AM »
I think the part that made me giggle the most was the phrase "commit wedgicide"

Solais

• Developer fairy
  • is working for a game developer now.
« Reply #19 on: May 24, 2010, 01:04:03 PM »
Isn't she too childish for a seventeen years old?

Other than that, it's still good as always.

nintendonut888

« Reply #20 on: May 24, 2010, 01:44:10 PM »
Isn't she too childish for a seventeen years old?

Yes! Thank you! I knew there was something about all this I was bugged about, but could never put my finger on it. Oh well, I can only go forward from here. :x

Spoiler:
If only I were a juvenile deliquent I could write this better. :V

« Reply #21 on: May 24, 2010, 05:21:09 PM »
Well? Why can't she be too childish? I mean, we know Cirno's at least 60 from the fact that she remembers the first end-of-60-year-cycle explosion in PoFV ...

Dorian White

• The most handsome non-vampire diplomat you ever encountered ~
  • With a Gandalf like evolution.
« Reply #22 on: May 24, 2010, 11:01:02 PM »
I don't see Meira as too childish, pubertal is more fitting I suppose.
Also your Noroiko is amazing, adorable and annoying at the same time.
Bella gerant alii, tu felix Gensokyo nube. Nam quae Mars aliis, dat tibi diva Venus.

Solais

• Developer fairy
  • is working for a game developer now.
« Reply #23 on: May 25, 2010, 06:52:10 AM »
The problem is with it, that she was established as a seventeen years old. I don't know how people over there act when they are seventeen, but here it's all about sex, parties, drinking, or eventually drugs etc. If we go by the almost feudalistic Gensokyo, then she would be already married.

As for the Cirno thing... I don't know, is Meira youkai or not? I think as her as a human.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2010, 06:54:30 AM by Solais »

nintendonut888

« Reply #24 on: May 25, 2010, 07:14:26 AM »
She's a human, just letting you know now.

Also, over here in America, it's (slightly) less about the drugs and more about the teenage angst. :V

LHCling

• Metang@
  • ( 。゚ 3っ   )っ
« Reply #25 on: May 25, 2010, 07:18:03 AM »
Also, over here in America, it's (slightly) less about the drugs and more about the teenage angst. :V
Yeah? Well over here, it's all about the drugs and the TEENAGE angst  :V

That aside, I thought you portrayed Meira being childish (about... everything) intentionally. Huh.
* Baity lurks more
[16:25] <Kuruminut> Shut up MS Word, "fangirlism" is totally a word
<>
[07:59] <Sapz> ベーティさんは馬鹿っぽいだろう、この「っぽい」好き者

nintendonut888

« Reply #26 on: June 29, 2010, 04:57:41 AM »
Oh crap, I realized I never posted an explanation.

Ahem. The Cool Samurai Girl Meira is on temporary hiatus until I take care of something...else. A more personal story I've been writing off and on for the past 2 years or so. Writing will probably resume before August. Probably. :V

It is now August. I am still working on said story. o_o
« Last Edit: August 05, 2010, 02:58:37 AM by nintendonut888 »

« Reply #27 on: July 04, 2010, 04:47:10 AM »
Yay! I look forward to reading updates :)
I love Meira and Kotohime's personalities!

nintendonut888

Re: The Cool Samurai Girl Meira. (guest starring BEES)
« Reply #28 on: August 26, 2010, 07:07:22 AM »
To anyone who cared about this story beyond a passing interest, I apologize for the long delay in this update. As of yesterday the story this was put on hiatus for has been completed, and I am ready to resume work on this story!

...Is what I'd like to say, but needless to say my writing skills are rusty. Before I start on the story proper, I would like to indulge in a warm-up. Feel free to disregard everything you are about to read.

---

HOW DARE YOU PENETRATE MY TERRITORY? YOU HAVE ROBBED EVERYTHING I POSSESSED...

The mechanized bee known as Hibachi waited behind a white curtain, while words were displayed on it by a grainy projector. In the thirteen years she's been in the business, she has heard this spiel so many times they had lost all meaning to her.

YOU KNOE, WHAT YOU HAVE DONE TO ME IS JUST UNFORGIVABLE...

Hibachi knew this was her job and she was expected to take it in stride, but the prerecorded speech plugged into Microsoft Sam wore on her artificial nerves every time she heard it. It made her...angry. So angry. But that's just what was needed.

I WILL PUNISH YOU MYSELF AND SEE TO IT THAT YOU DIE A MISERABLE DEATH WITH MY AWESOME WEAPON

You see, Hibachi has a job: She was a True Last Boss of a Cave shoot-em-up, Dodonpachi to be precise. Hiding within the armored carapace of her shell, "Hachi," she waited for strong souls to battle their way to her, where they would then engage in a large-scale battle of wits and wills. It was a long, noble tradition. Yet, even the joy of fighting worthy players had lost its thrill on the jaded mecha-bee. The grizzled Japanese players who were 100% of her clientele showed no emotion towards their battles. As far as they were concerned, Hibachi was nothing more than an obstacle in the way of their "score." They didn't care for her at all. Just the thought of another callous player coming for her made her mad...very mad. She clenched her pincers together in anticipation. She would grind their ship to dust!

DIE, MAGGOTTS

Well, showtime. The curtain rose and the player emerged.

"Hibachi, we meet at last! I'm Sapz, the bee hunter, and I have come for you!"

If Hachi had eyelids, it would have blinked for Hibachi. This is possibly the first time her opponent was not Asian, but that wasn't what stunned her. Already, three things were very off about this player. For one, no player had ever talked to her; It had always been straight to the shooting with these bozos. Second...

"Bee hunter?" HIbachi spoke through a voice synthesizer that emitted a cliche anime girl's voice, "Just who do you think you are, human? Come, let us get started." Her wings were burning for a fight at this point - literally.

The diminutive human, "Sapz," responded in a smooth, incredibly deep English accent (the third thing that caused her circuits to heat), "Ah, of course. C'mon Hibachi, let us dance." For reasons the bee could not fathom, this caused her vision to become static for a brief moment. She shook her head and clacked Hachi's pincers together, signifying the beginning of the fight.

---

"No matter," Hibachi thought as she controlled Hachi. Voice or no voice, he's no different from those other dozen or so other players Hibachi fought each year. Though Hachi fired with its usual fervor, the controller within sighed. She knew the routine. Even if this was Sapz' first time reaching her, he would probably milk her body parts for points like all the others. Destroy Hachi's wings bit by bit, ripping it limb from limb, taking as much time as possible to disembowel her armored shell like it was a horror movie for his precious "points." Standard stuff.

Yet, this was not what happened. As soon as the fight began, Sapz dashed up to Hachi's glowing yellow eyes and began shotgunning its face.

What? He won't get any points this way! W-what's he doing...?

Hibachi ordered Hachi to gnash its steel pincers at the orange ship, but a quick strafe to the right thwarted this attempt on the Brit's life. Before Hachi could strike again, the powerful laser dispatched one of the pincers!

Aaaah, I can't kill him with just one! Grr, take this!

While he was concentrated on removing Hachi's second pincer, Hibachi switched up the attack routine. Rather than throwing a bunch of red danmaku in lines to overwhelm him, she ordered Hachi to fire a burst of blue danmaku from its mouth. This indeed caught Sapz by surprise and his ship's armor punctured, exploding in with a small bang. This was not the end, of course, as Sapz respawned less than a second later with a fresh fighter.

There, now go and pick me apart, that'll make it easier to ki-what?!

Much to Hibachi's surprise Sapz flew right back up to her face. She ordered another blue burst, but this time the intrepid player was ready. He let loose an unfocused bomb, doing heavy damage to all of Hachi's parts. Her plan being thwarted made her mad. Heck, a lot of things get Hibachi mad, but NOW she's MAD.

How conceited of him! What kind of player would do this? What...what...

All of a sudden, Hibachi forgot about shooting for a split second.

What gorgeous eyes.

Hachi was not designed to show expression, and its eternal scowl betrayed Hibachi's emotions. While the shrapnel from the bombs tore into Hachi's body, Hibachi caught a brief glimpse of the pilot inside. Black hair smoothed into a slick hair-do, well toned body, and that voice...that VOICE. She had to hear it again! Doing her best to hide how flustered she was, she spoke out, just in the hopes of hearing it again.

"G-gaaah! Quit bombing and fight like a man!"

Sapz smirked and said in that sexy voice, "No can do Hibachi. I'm here to fight you, and this is the best way to do it. I've been waiting for this meeting for years."

All bullets stopped at this exact moment. Hibachi's circuits were becoming dangerously overheated.

He's here for...me? Oh god...oh god...

The mecha-bee had never felt so filled with human emotion. She felt herself turning red, and not from anger. This feeling, could it be...

Love...?

Alas, it was not. The turning red was in fact Hachi's defenses giving out. Snapping back to reality, Hibachi noticed the area she was in about to explode, revealing her true form - again. Letting out a girlish giggle (Hibachi'd have to talk to Donpachi about giving her a better voice synthesizer), the mecha-bee readied herself to give this "Sapz" everything she had.

---

"Haa...haa...you're not half-bad Sapz." Hibachi hadn't felt this invigorated against an opponent in years. As she looped through her attacks for the third time, she noted her health bar was dwindling.

Sapz, hissing at the pain from his disappearing ships, said "Well, I've been practicing for a long time. I wanted to make this count."

He practiced for me. Oh my~ The flaming boss had never felt so special. This man, he was so...prepared. His dodges, the timing of the bombs, the grazes, the agility, it was as though the smoking fighter were an extension of his (also smoking) body! And if a fighter could be an extension of his body, then maybe, to a mechanized being such as herself...

Bzzzzzz-no! Hibachi slapped herself. Why do I always pick the worst times to think about stuff like this? It's time for the final attack!

At a quarter health left, it was time for the big finale. Hibachi knew no matter how good Sapz was, he would not not survive.

"It's been a good run Sapz, but it's time to end this." Hibachi tried not to let her voice show the sadness behind these words.

"Bring it on, Hibachin."

And bring it on she did. A truly frightening barrage of triangular purple bullets came Sapz' way. Though he dodged deftly, he had only one bomb left, and the openings only left so much room to dodge. This would be over soon. Sure enough, that final bomb let forth, to which Hibachi brought her trusty invincibility shield to nullify. She was victorious. There was no way he would win. But...that would mean he'd go away. That would mean it would be back to the souless Japanese score-runners who thought nothing of her but as a tool for points. She didn't want that!

But it's my duty. I can't go easy, not even on him. But can I show how I feel...?

Her man-made brain straining to think while continuing to fire, after a few seconds she figured it something she could do. Manipulating the current of bullets, she let out one final burst -

Leaving an opening in the shape of a heart.

A solid wall following this, Sapz failed to dodge.

Boom.

And there he went, gone as quickly as he came. Hibachi ceased firing, turning her attention instead to the painful sound of the continue screen ticking down the seconds. She let out a sigh. Would Sapz ever reach her again?

"Augh! Good fight Hibachi. I'm going to call it a day. It's getting late."

In a sentimental tone exaggerated even more by her voice synthesizer, Hibachi cried out "Don't you want to continue?!"

"Nah, when I defeat you, it will be a glorious 1cc. I will be back Hibachi, and I will get you. For I am the bee hunter Sapz!"

That was the last she heard of his voice, and she heard the strangely sadistic voice wringing out the words "Game Over." Hibachi sighed. He must not have caught her feelings. He dodged them after all...

---

As the white curtain lowered back down, as a team of chain-smoking grunts in coveralls towed off Hachi's charred remains for repairs, Hibachi closed her eyes and thought of the man she had just encountered.

I'm Sapz, the bee hunter, and I have come for you!

I've been waiting for this meeting for years.

I will be back Hibachi, and I will get you.

Bringing her upper limbs to her blushing cheeks, Hibachi sighed. "Yes Sapz, you will come again. You will come again to reignite the flame in my soul..."

"Oy! 'ibachi! 's time fo' repairs!" One of the workers belted this uncultured banter at her, but nothing could spoil her mood now. She awaited Sapz' return with great anticipation.

"Coming~"

Closing MAME.exe

---

* Donut cackles.

And that's that! With school starting next week, updates may still be sparse, but I am back! Hope you enjoyed my little crack fic. :3
« Last Edit: August 26, 2010, 07:21:04 AM by nintendonut888 »

« Reply #29 on: August 26, 2010, 08:32:10 AM »
* Muffin falls over giggling