Author Topic: Foremoster's Box  (Read 10915 times)

Lord Phantasm Satori

• Permabanned
  • RIP 7/21/2010-9/10/2010
Re: Foremoster's Box
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2010, 11:06:36 PM »
okay, sorry about being picky but its a pet peeve (sp?) of mine:

it's 2nd as in second. not 2th as in secoth or seconth (which aren't words)

congradulations for learning how to danmaku, though. that's better than I've done.

Iryan

• Ph?nglui mglw?nafh
  • Cat R?lyeh wgah?nagl fhtagn.
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2010, 11:21:29 PM »
okay, sorry about being picky but its a pet peeve (sp?) of mine:

it's 2nd as in second. not 2th as in secoth or seconth (which aren't words)

congradulations for learning how to danmaku, though. that's better than I've done.
Criticising someone else's language despite not capitalizing properly and misspelling words...  :V
Old Danmakufu stuff can be found here!

"As the size of an explosion increases, the numbers of social situations it is incapable of solving approaches zero."

Lord Phantasm Satori

• Permabanned
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2010, 12:17:55 AM »
its not a language, its a simple abreviation. 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, etc.

oh, and that avatar of his is far worse than me picking at a simple mistake.

Chronojet ⚙ Dragon

• The Oddity
  • 今コソ輝ケ、我ガ未来、ソノ可能性!!
« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2010, 03:11:53 AM »
* Mewkyuu tries

:derp: Oh god the easy

Need I say more?
« Last Edit: August 02, 2010, 01:18:07 PM by 蔦⑨ »

Lord Phantasm Satori

• Permabanned
« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2010, 06:17:03 AM »
um... what? I'm a touhou meme noob.

also, off topic: whats with the whole cirno 9 thing?

« Reply #6 on: August 02, 2010, 07:01:27 AM »
also, off topic: whats with the whole cirno 9 thing?

In PoFV's Manual there was a picture describing the screen. It was a Reimu vs. Cirno picture. There was 9 things on the screen to explain. Cirno was the 9th thing, and it had an arrow pointing to Cirno, and the explanation was "Moron"

Oh something like that, anyone feel free to correct me if I am wrong

« Reply #7 on: August 29, 2010, 02:18:00 PM »
Update ?

:V Finally done with the scripts for my game, In need of feed back. something you need to read before playing the game.

- I hate designing stages, so most of them are short and cheap like zun said "short stages, long bosses"
- This is version 1 [I don't like decimals]
- There are 3 stages for now
- No playable characters yet
Hey There !

« Reply #8 on: August 30, 2010, 01:14:03 AM »
OMG A GAEM

I shall try it and give a long, detailed review... :O

EDIT: Okie-doke, let's play "It's It:"
Hm, have to supply a player character. Okie-doke, I think my custom Konata fits the bill for an intelligence-seeking adventurer... And with her omnidirectional shots and godawful targeting algorithms, she'll helpfully pinpoint any errors in enemy scripting! :V Okie-doke, let's do this thing.
The other player shall be... another custom character; id est, Sumire. With her narrow, focused shots, she'll be a perfect way to see if homing shots unbalance the game in any way.
Let the story begin~

Stage I
"Where are all these monsters coming from? Maybe if I follow the monsters..."
Okie, stage has a theme. That's good. Now for each player's comments on it.
Konata: "...so... ...many... POINTS! Even Phantasm Romance didn't give you this many points! My homing option is tearing the enemies apart, so I can focus on item collection like in any Stage 1. I used up all my bombs before the miniboss 'cuz I was desperate for all those points -- HQ made me swear not to use my point-based special powers -- but my reward for it was a score of OVER SIX MILLION before the miniboss! ...and no extra lives. At all. Despite having four hundred fifty points. Bleh. Maybe it goes by the thousand or something."
Sumire: "FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF"
It took me a bit to catch on to what the midboss was doing. That said, I barely had to do anything... at all... in order to beat it. Even Shizuha Aki wasn't this easy.
Boss already! It's Maufin, the green cat. Okie-doke, let's have the characters comment on each card.
Nonspell 1
Konata: "...FOUR HEALTH BARS. ON STAGE ONE. WHAT. But the attack is pretty easy thanks to my high focused speed and homing shots. You okay, Sumire?"
Sumire: "FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF"
InCaticides
Konata: "...wait, this is Stage 1?! If you don't stream it properly it gets insanely hard... I guess if this is Hard Mode or something it works. My low DPS is starting to work against me, though..."
Sumire: "FINALLY I CAN DO SOMETHING! This game is balanced after all!"
Nonspell 2
Konata: "...this isn't Stage 1 difficulty. Maybe Lunatic on 10 or higher."
Sumire: "...never mind. FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF"
Dashing Green Cat
Konata: "Okay, back to Stage 1, if you thought Chakram Compass was in any way Stage 1 difficulty. My lolhoming rips this apart, though."
tl;dr: Homing shots break this stage. Balance if you plan to include homing options; tone down difficutly if not.

Stage II
...wait, isn't this more of the same? Konata is still rolling in points; Sumire is still crying in the corner.
Of course, rain = surprises. And I'll give you this -- the original Master Spark was very, very surprising. But still, this is STAGE 2. Unless this is MoF-style Lunatic, that won't do at all.
Boss time again! Okie-doke, moar big walls, I guess the smart thing to do is to go up close like in Knockout of -- FFFFFFFFFFFF THEY'RE COMING BACK
"Quick Path..." well, it certainly is quick. There's a reason Orin's a Stage 5 boss, though -- that's too quick. Wait, what are those stars... FFFFFFFFFFFF THEY CUT OFF MY PATH FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF
NO GODDAMMIT THEY'RE TOO FAST -- oh, wait, they're... curving back. That's certainly a convoluted way to launch the next wave, though. >.>
"Escape Delusion..." uh, it's a bit... wait why is it lagging FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF
Ooh, streaming! ^_^ And you have to dodge between 'em, too. Works for Stage 2 hard.
Froggy Braves the elements, yay! ...wait, "Warning?" Whaddaya mean, "Warning?"
Hey, it's over -- that warning was a... FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF -- wait, the lasers don't kill you. Phew. "Double Rainbow," eh? Eh, better dodge those ultra-dense bullets -- the lasers on the side kill you FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF Okay, better go up and dodge 'em that way... but they're growing too fast FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF
EDIT: Okay, finally figured out the secret -- the middle kills you for the first wave, then the outside kills you for the second wave, etc. Still a horrible card. >.>
That's... let's count... one FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF every single spell card. Three for the last one. Needz redesign NAO.
Anyway, back to the story: It's... Maufin! :getdown:

Stage III
FINALLY! A well-designed stage that's actually the right difficulty level for a change!
Those urchin-things are making my eyes bleed, though.
"Interruption message." Ooh, status update! What're ya gonna say... nothing.
What is this I don't even
Anyway, miniboss time! "Fury throwing star", basically the same as "More and More" except with urchins for bullets. Should be easy... wait, those urchins are kinda... MY EYES ARE BLEEDING FFFFFFFFFFFFFF *bombs* ...they're knives. The epilepsy bullets are really fast spinning knives.
Okie-doke, moar awesome stage, time for the boss, Meoi! His gimmick seems to be... realigning walls of kunai... IT'S MAUFIN! AGAIN! (All joking aside, first nonspell is awesome.)
"Nependeath," okay, there's a flower here... IT'S TOO FAST FFFFFFFFFF (okay, so I hate fast bullets, but still...)
Second nonspell... THIS IS NOT STAGE 3. Double or triple the delay times to balance it.
"Memorable Road..." this is good ST3 material. I like it. One thing, though -- the boss's displayed name... MUAFIN MAUFIN! YOUR SECRET HAS BEEN REVEALED! :getdown:
Third nonspell... liek Youmu, but REALLY FAST. Slow it down maybe? *hates fast bullets and is biased*
But hey, this boss was actually really well-made, especially compared to the heinous St2 Maufin. Can't wait to see the last card... "Ninja Throwing Star."
Oh, good, they're actual stars this time. I thought you'd be flooding the screen with epilepsy-knives or some--
FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF

REDESIGN ST2 MAUFIN NAO. Also adjust for difficulty. Meoi/St3 Maufin has a great deal of promise, though. Cut down on points maybe, and make the explosions a LOT shorter.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2010, 03:49:44 AM by Supreme Gamesmaster »

Chronojet ⚙ Dragon

• The Oddity
  • 今コソ輝ケ、我ガ未来、ソノ可能性!!
Spell Card Attack!!
« Reply #9 on: August 30, 2010, 04:08:24 AM »
- Shiki-review -

Time to try it out. :V Oh man that was a ride.

Review "Mewkyuu's ⑨ly Reviewing -Easy-" \^o^/
I'll use Reimu A for this review. I dunno... :V

* Stage 1.
   Stage intro... thing.
The text itself is nice, actually, pretty ZUNy. However. It's only one monster, right? 'Cause it says "Following the monster's path". Also, why do you use MS Paint? It doesn't let you use transparency. Use Paint.NET or something more useful. You derp. Last stage intro I wanna look at shouldn't even have a big block of white as its background-thing.
   Opening dialogue.
Name talks like one of my friends online... Seriously... Are you... him...?
On a side note, "A Expert Youkai" and the boss-explosion-thing-after-the-dialogue sparks my attention.
You can use events called by the stage itself rather than some boss.
   Now, the pre-midboss wave(s) of fairies... or rather, monsters... or the green whats that look like FOEs, that you call monsters...
Have you been playing Fairy Wars recently? It seems to be Hard Mode on it. Looking again, I got FIFTY-TWO ITEMS by defeating all of the monsters in this first wave of fairies.
   Midboss.
Ahaha what... Are you kidding? Not even Hard mode and a spell card for the Stage 1 midboss? What?? Seriously??? ... Ok, time to calm down, Mewkyuu... ... Calm... down...
...          Ok, so onto the rest of the review. Anyways, what were you thinking with this spell card? No delay before the start of the attack? The boss spawned right under me and started firing danmaku before I could do anything... anything but deathbombhahaha. You might wanna look into that.
Also. playing through the stage again, I found the spell card even easier than Route1 ! Lily White's third non-spell on Easy. You might wanna make the danmaku a bit more dense, even for "Normal".
* Stage 1 boss!
 Non-spell 1.
First off, the dialogue. Pretty nice, actually, pretty on par with ZUN's Stage 1s... Most like EoSD's :V
Anyways, onto the first non-spe* what. What the hell is that thing? I can die to it, but I don't get any graze from it. Gotta look in the code later.
Looking at the other parts, nice non-spell actually, just make the walls shorter.
 "InCaticides".
What was that?? I don't wanna describe it, even.
It's just... too random. Ish. If you get insanely lucky (say, one in infinity tries) you can just stream the red kunai without doing anything else :V
 Non-spell 2.
You call this... normal mode? No way is this Normal mode...
I swear  you can exchange the GREEN03s with something else, GREEN02s perhaps? :<
 Ghost "Dipper Creeping Close" "Dashing Green Cat"
Ahaha what... DAMMIT MURASA!!
Anyways I'd like to say this one's a bit unfair. I was like "Hey what what are you doing GET AWAY FROM ME" then I was like "Oh hi RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAN" so I was like "k now I know what I'm doi-- OH SHIT EXPLODING STARS"
* Overall review for Stage 1.
   Well, this could use a lot of revising. Please tell me you aren't satisfied with the version you presented to us.
The stage is a teensy bit too short... even shorter than a canon Stage 6! Might wanna extend the stage and give it more variety. On to stage 2!

* Stage 2.
   Stage intro... thing.
Er-hrm. What was that again? Oh yeah. Again, stop using MS Paint.
   Pre/post-midboss wave of enemies. (The following paragraphs apply to both portions of the stage.)
Are you seriously trying to do even the slightest bit better than Periphery of Power? Oh man. 3 types of enemies is definitely not good enough in my eyes. Dunno about you, but I'm sure this "review" is turning out to be a bashfest than an actual review.
Oh shit. Why is this so hard...
   Midboss.
Still, the only attack the midboss gets... is a single spell card. What a pity...
This is just unreasonable. Sure, you surprise me better than even Kogasa can ever.
Is that the point? If it is, just go away already, ???. (Give the character a name, goddamnit! Or else we'll give it a stupid name like Shiriko or something)

* Stage 2 boss!
 Non-spell 1.
Oh hey there, Nue! How's it going? Seems you've been keeping up with your danmaku's walliness! Great job!
/sarcasm
 "Quick Path".
I won't comment on the actual spell card, but rather the spell card's name.
It's worse than Periphery of Power. It's worse than Revelation of Procella. Next release, please rename all the spell cards in the entire game. Ugh.
 Non-spell 2.
- Skipped. No comment. -
 "Escape delusion".
Ahaha died at the last second and captured it at the same time! \^o^/
Anyways, this could work better as a survival card. But who wants a survival card at stage 2? Last time it happened, it was at Stage ONE. ChaoStar was to blame. I'm still recovering from the traumatic experience...
 Non-spell 3.
Yay! Rainbow kunai rain! Do love! This one is probably the only decent danmaku attack so far. Nice job with this one.
 "Double Rainb-- Oh shit. What the hell. Don't you dare use a wall like that so early into the game.
* Mewkyuu stares at Foremoster
* Overall review for Stage 2.
   Well, the variety level doesn't seem to get any higher. Nothing noticeable here, so... On to stage 3!

* Stage 3.
   Stage intro... thing.
ESCAPE TOWN! With a bit of rephrasing, it could be a nice Stage 5 intro 8V
   Pre/post-midboss wave of enemies. (The following paragraphs apply to both portions of the stage.)
Oh shit :getdown: holyshitholyshitholyshit
The amulets FOLLOW the enemies... Give them less resistance to player shots next time.
Aw well. You at least have some variety with the seizureknives/ninja-star-things.
   Midboss.
"Fury Throwing Stars" is hardly a satisfactory name for a Stage 3 midboss's SC.
Sure, it gets harder as time goes on. But is that it?
Also, SMALL HITBOX YEAAAAAAAAAH!!

* Stage 3 boss!
 Non-spell 1.
Holy shit Nue, why are you following me... Why...
Now with the additional ChaoStar. You derp. :derp:
 "Nependeath".
WTF? 'Cause I know I'm not the only person to get what the hell is up with this attack. Aw well.
 Non-spell 2.
Holy shi-- ohgodgottamoveouttathewayarg- Oh.
So that's what it was. Well. The attack could use a bit more delay before spawning the actual delay bubble... I'm beginning to suspect you use @MainLoop style of scripting...
By the way, there's a huge safespot if you sit above the boss. You ⑨!
 "Memorable Road".
Oh shit. This is where the safespot stops working haha (duh...).
Oh, and there's a safespt right at the vey top, somewhere above the boss. The way this is going, This might as well be Project Nite Festival, Stage 1.
 Non-spell 3.
Another safespot here, but it's somewhere at 1/3 the way up from the bottom. Just a bit to the right (or left, I haven't tested yet) and you're done. I'd consider bombing this just before finishing off this non-spell because the next segment is sorta hard.
 "Ninja Throwing Stars".
The neat little spinning effect starts to become eyerape because I need to figure out where the hitbox of all the stars are, and how big they are. Owch.
 Non-spell 4.
What the fucking hell. You end the boss fight with just another non-spell? Bo~ri~n~g~
But it's a pretty nice end, nonetheless... You might wanna turn this into a spell card. It always works out that way.
* Overall review for Stage 3.
   Well, there's nothing really good to say about this one, but I have a million reasons to bash this stage to bits. I really hope you can improve, 'cause I see a lot of potential in this... hidden somewhere in a corner, definitely not showing. Yup...

* Overall review.
   The music can use a lot of replacing... Seriously. a couple of them are like, totally cheap and well, loops after 30 seconds actually. Or maybe it only feels like 30 seconds. But definitely needs replacing.
   The artwork can also use a lot of redoing. Maybe, you can hire someone to do the artwork for you.
   Not like I do have a say in any of this, it's your project, not mine, but we all have some opinions to voice out, right? Well all in all, the project needs serious... and I mean... serious redoing. It always works better. It always does.

« Last Edit: August 30, 2010, 11:47:08 AM by ⑨望 »

« Reply #10 on: August 30, 2010, 05:04:44 AM »
My Review: As MarisaB
----Stage 1----
Stage: Tap-Tap-Tap-Tap Note: VanishEnemy; is your friend.
MidBoss: There is a safespot on the Midboss Card, right below em' and Why does a Stage 1 Midboss have a SetEffectForZeroLife?!
Boss--
--Noncard One: Go around the wall, dodge knifes, after third wave of walls the attack is done
--Spellcard One - Tap-Tap-Tap-Tap-Reset Position-Tap-Tap Done
--Noncard Two - Another One of those just stand still ones, the Yellow bullets are easy to weave through
--Spellcard Two - Get into corner, Tap down, repeat. win argh another SetEffectForZeroLife...

Even for stage one, Letty was harder than this.
Oh, and I LOVE the original version

----Stage 2----
Stage : Where is the Variation!? Its bland and boring
Midboss : I love Suprise! but Argh, SetEffectForZeroLife
--Boss--
--Noncard 1 - Stand Still, Shoot, move to boss, shoot, win. Almost NO dodging involved
--Spellcard 1 - Fun, but boring at the same time, the alternation star walls make this fun, but otherwise its pretty boring
--Noncard 2 - Stand Still, Shoot, Tap, dodge, Shoot win. Boring~
--Spellcard 2 - Safespot - go to the bottom of the screen, and tap up, your safe till the end wave
--Noncard 3 - Combine Noncard 1 and Noncard 2 and you get this
--Spellcard 3 - Easy once you get the hang of it, but otherwise very nice

The Noncards need to be a bit harder, so you actually have stuff do dodge!

----Stage 3----
Stage: Yay Variation! Very Fun!
MidBoss : Eargh, to simple and boring, like More and More, but without the safespot
Boss:
--Noncard 1 - Yes! A noncard with dodging involved! Very nice design, I love to play it!
--Spellcard 1 - Tap-Tap-Tap-Tap-dodge-Tap-Tap-Tap-dodge repeat
--Noncard 2 - Pah! Easy, just go to the side a bit and the bullets go passed ya
--Spellcard 2 - Boring, Tap-Dodge repeat
--Noncard 3 - Interesting, some randomness would be nice, its to easy as is
--Spellcard 3 -  Yawn
--Noncard 4 - Needs Moar Bullets
--Spellcard 4 - You can get rid of 1/4 of his health before dodging anything, you might wanna fix that. and actually challenging card, nice!

Your best stage and boss IMO.

Overall:
SetEffectForZeroLife argh
VanishEnemy is your friend
Spruce this up a bit!

Stage:

« Reply #11 on: August 30, 2010, 11:26:55 AM »
The Noncards need to be a bit harder
Quote from: Mewkyuu
Stage 1.
Non-spell 2.
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

@Kyuu: ...worse than Rev o' Proc Alex? ...IDK if I'd go that far, "Escape Delusion" was a pretty nice name... (Somehow I think In Color would have named such an attack "Quick Path" too. >.>)

« Reply #12 on: August 30, 2010, 11:44:59 AM »
Replying to all who tested my game  :V

This is not the final version and is nowhere near final so don't go ASGW JLGWEL JW on meeeeee
*dies in the corner

G.S Review

Konata: "...so... ...many... POINTS!
Isn?t it beautiful ? *will fix

...and no extra lives.
I don?t know how to do that stuff ;_; noob scripter in learning

It took me a bit to catch on to what the midboss was doing. That said, I barely had to do anything... at all... in order to beat it. Even Shizuha Aki wasn't this easy.
I feel like it was way too easy too but you wouldn?t want a midboss to rape you now would you ? *will fix

"...FOUR HEALTH BARS.
Problem S.G ?

If you don't stream it properly it gets insanely hard
Then don?t move or *lol you gave me a evil idea

"...this isn't Stage 1 difficulty. Maybe Lunatic on 10 or higher."
I think it?s above lv 1 difficulty but It?s not hard

Homing shots break this stage. Balance if you plan to include homing options; tone down difficutly if not. *will fix

Sumire: "FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF"Sumire: "FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF"Sumire: "FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF"Sumire: "FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF"Sumire: "FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF"
Oh you

Unless this is MoF-style Lunatic, that won't do at all.
*will fix difficulty

that's too quick. Wait, what are those stars... FFFFFFFFFFFF THEY CUT OFF MY PATH FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF
*will fix speed =w= but I kinda like it that way

"Warning?" Whaddaya mean, "Warning?"
Hey, it's over -- that warning was a... FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF ?
Yeah, the warning was suppose to be something like alice?s fake card or something since I don?t know how to use delay between spellcards. Lol

but they're growing too fast FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF
kids these days

Still a horrible card. >.>
NOOOOO it?s like my favorite card

That's... let's count... one FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF every single spell card. Three for the last one. Needz redesign NAO.
:ohdeer:

Those urchin-things are making my eyes bleed, though.
I like to bleed >_> wait what

Interruption message." Ooh, status update! What're ya gonna say... nothing.
<_>

Anyway, miniboss time! "Fury throwing star", basically the same as "More and More" except with urchins for bullets. Should be easy... wait, those urchins are kinda... MY EYES ARE BLEEDING FFFFFFFFFFFFFF *bombs* ...they're knives. The epilepsy bullets are really fast spinning knives.
I got lazy *WILL FIX INTO SOMETHING THAT WILL RAPE YOU ALL or not

IT'S MAUFIN! AGAIN
Oh sh?did I forgot to change the names ?

name...  MAUFIN! YOUR SECRET HAS BEEN REVEALED
FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF

REDESIGN ST2 MAUFIN NAO. Also adjust for difficulty. Meoi/St3 Maufin has a great deal of promise, though. Cut down on points maybe, and make the explosions a LOT shorter.
Aww the explosion was kinda nice

/////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

Review "Mewkyuu's ⑨ly Reviewing -Easy-" \^o^/
It's only one monster, right? 'Cause it says "Following the monster's path".
Depends on the reader, it could be referring to It the monster or those lettuce monsters thingy meh

MS Paint
Huh I?m using paintnet to draw all these

Poe talks like one of my friends online... Seriously... Are you... him...?
How do you know I?m not a her ? wait WTF ?

You can use events called by the stage itself rather than some boss
I can?

FIFTY-TWO 点 ITEMS by defeating all of the monsters in this first wave of fairies.
Some people just cant enjoy high scores =w=

Ahaha what... Are you kidding? Not even Hard mode and a spell card for the Stage 1 midboss? What?? Seriously???... Ok, time to calm down, Mewkyuu... ... Calm... down...
*takes out a whip* problem mewkyuu ?

The boss spawned right under me and started firing danmaku before I could do anything... anything but deathbombhahaha
Deathbomb in stage 1? Kimoiiiiiii

Also. playing through the stage again, I found the spell card even easier than Route1 ! Lily White's third non-spell on Easy. You might wanna make the danmaku a bit more dense, even for "Normal". *will fix

I can die to it, but I don't get any graze from it.
Oh you, you just had like million of blue tag thingys I guess some people could enjoy high scores after all

It's just... too random. Ish
angle * GetAngleToPlayer / 0.5  I don?t even know what the results is suppose to be

Non-spell 2.
You call this... normal mode? No way is this Normal mode...
I swear  you can exchange the GREEN03s with something else, GREEN02s perhaps? :<
Is it really that hard? I think it?s ok

stop using MS Paint
>_> But I?m using paintnet

types of enemies is definitely not good enough in my eyes
*will add more, just got lazy

(Give the character a name, goddamnit! Or else we'll give it a stupid name like Shiriko or something)
Shhhhhh ! it?s a secret not really

I won't comment on the actual spell card, but rather the spell card's name.
It's worse than Periphery of Power. It's worse than Revelation of Procella. Next release, please rename all the spell cards in the entire game. Ugh.
;_; hmm I?m trying to be as random as possible

"Escape delusion".
Ahaha died at the last second and captured it at the same time! \^o^/
Anyways, this could work better as a survival card. But who wants a survival card at stage 2? Last time it happened, it was at Stage ONE. ChaoStar was to blame. I'm still recovering from the traumatic experience...
Ayayayayayyayayay

"Double Rainb-- Oh shit. What the hell. Don't you dare use a wall like that so early into the game.
* Mewkyuu stares at Foremoster
Problem mewkyuu ?

Stage 3 --------------------------------------------------------------------------

Holy shit Nue
huh ?

I'm beginning to suspect you use @MainLoop style of scripting...
Jackpot

By the way, there's a huge safespot if you sit above the boss. You ⑨!
huh ? FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

"Memorable Road".
and there's a safespt right at the vey top
*test FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUU I actually found the safespot

Non-spell 3.
I don't think so, the boss moves, so noo safespot but more of a resting spot

/////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

Demonbman?s review
>_> I thought you wrote *fap fap fap

Why does a Stage 1 Midboss have a SetEffectForZeroLife?!
Cause it?s cool

--Noncard One: Go around the wall, dodge knifes, after third wave of walls the attack is done
Yeah, all the spellcards in touhou are suppose to be short ?? rumia felt pretty short

--Spellcard One - Tap-Tap-Tap-Tap-Reset Position-Tap-Tap Done
That?s what she said

win argh another SetEffectForZeroLife...
hmm people aren?t liking it, maybe I?ll . . . .

Stage : Where is the Variation!? Its bland and boring
I hate the stage too ;_; will fix

SetEffectForZeroLife
;_;

Almost NO dodging involved
orly

its pretty boring
no suggestions ?

Stand Still, Shoot, Tap, dodge, Shoot win. Boring~
What should I improve on, be more detailed ;_;

--Spellcard 2 - Safespot - go to the bottom of the screen, and tap up, your safe till the end wave
No the safespot is on the bottom left corner *will fix

I shall call you danmakufu sadist #2
*will fix

--Spellcard 1 - Tap-Tap-Tap-Tap-dodge-Tap-Tap-Tap-dodge repeat
I?m surprise you didn?t complain about the difficulty oh wait, your danmakufu sadist so nvm.

--Noncard 2 - Pah! Easy, just go to the side a bit and the bullets go passed ya
I surprise noone found the safespot >_>

--Spellcard 2 - Boring, Tap-Dodge repeat
What ? I think it was hard

--Spellcard 3 -  Yawn
O ?

--Spellcard 4 - You can get rid of 1/4 of his health before dodging anything, you might wanna fix that. and actually challenging card, nice!
Ok I?m confused, you call all the cards I think interesting boring and you call all the cards I think boring / cheap interesting. This is weird

« Last Edit: August 30, 2010, 11:51:34 AM by Foremoster »
Hey There !

« Reply #13 on: August 30, 2010, 11:56:59 AM »
Demonbman?s review
>_> I thought you wrote *fap fap fap
Niiiice

Yeah, all the spellcards in touhou are suppose to be short ?? rumia felt pretty short
True, but being to short and not fun is bad
orly
rlly

no suggestions ?
Have like some Aimed and Random bullets or something, just make sure you actually have to make the player move

What should I improve on, be more detailed ;_;
In a nutshell, make things people actually have to dodge

*will fix
I'm honured

« Reply #14 on: August 30, 2010, 12:03:59 PM »
Replying to all who tested my game  :V

This is not the final version and is nowhere near final so don't go ASGW JLGWEL JW on meeeeee
*dies in the corner

G.S Review
...and no extra lives.
I don?t know how to do that stuff ;_; noob scripter in learning
Code: [Select]
task PointToLife {
yield;
let pointThreshold0 = true;
let pointThreshold1 = true;
let pointThreshold2 = true;
let pointThreshold3 = true;
let pointThreshold4 = true;
let pointThreshold5 = true;
let pointThreshold6 = true;
let pointThreshold7 = true;
loop {
if(GetPoint >= 200 && pointThreshold0) {
ExtendPlayer(1);
pointThreshold0 = false;
}
else if(GetPoint >= 400 && pointThreshold1) {
ExtendPlayer(1);
pointThreshold1 = false;
}
else if(GetPoint >= 600 && pointThreshold2) {
ExtendPlayer(1);
pointThreshold2 = false;
}
else if(GetPoint >= 800 && pointThreshold3) {
ExtendPlayer(1);
pointThreshold3 = false;
}
else if(GetPoint >= 1000 && pointThreshold4) {
ExtendPlayer(1);
pointThreshold4 = false;
}
else if(GetPoint >= 1200 && pointThreshold6) {
ExtendPlayer(1);
pointThreshold5 = false;
}
else if(GetPoint > 1400 && pointThreshold6) {
ExtendPlayer(1);
pointThreshold6 = false;
}
else if(GetPoint >= 9999 && pointThreshold7) {
ExtendPlayer(1);
pointThreshold7 = false;
}
yield;
}
}
My long, complicated, n00bish code for it. Replace 200, 400, etc. with values of your choosing; call it in the stage's @Initialize loop.

"...FOUR HEALTH BARS.
Problem S.G ?
You can put a nonspell and spellcard on the same health bar by calling #ScriptPath right in a row instead of #ScriptNextStep in between. >.>

I think it?s above lv 1 difficulty but It?s not hard

Homing shots break this stage. Balance if you plan to include homing options; tone down difficutly if not. *will fix

Sumire: "FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF"Sumire: "FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF"Sumire: "FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF"Sumire: "FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF"Sumire: "FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF"
Oh you

"Warning?" Whaddaya mean, "Warning?"
Hey, it's over -- that warning was a... FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF ?
Yeah, the warning was suppose to be something like alice?s fake card or something since I don?t know how to use delay between spellcards. Lol

Still a horrible card. >.>
NOOOOO it?s like my favorite card
Reduce the walls' growth and make all the lasers delay.

IT'S MAUFIN! AGAIN
Oh sh?did I forgot to change the names ?
name...  MAUFIN! YOUR SECRET HAS BEEN REVEALED
I KNEW IT!

Ok I?m confused, you call all the cards I think interesting boring and you call all the cards I think boring / cheap interesting. This is weird
You're a special kind of danmaku sadist. ^_^

Chronojet ⚙ Dragon

• The Oddity
  • 今コソ輝ケ、我ガ未来、ソノ可能性!!
« Reply #15 on: August 30, 2010, 12:11:26 PM »
lolquote
Well, derpy derp derp. Just before I added the finishing touches to my review you replied :V

Quote from: Foremoster haha
*will fix
What, what do I get? Who's sadist #1?

... Gonna reply to reply, brb.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2010, 12:17:32 PM by ⑨望 »

« Reply #16 on: August 30, 2010, 04:13:27 PM »
Is it just me or stage 2 is harder than 3, and last words are easy as hell?

« Reply #17 on: August 31, 2010, 11:22:29 AM »
* Move updates to the first post
« Last Edit: December 08, 2010, 10:15:23 AM by Foremoster »
Hey There !

« Reply #18 on: December 29, 2010, 05:17:45 PM »
Happy (almost) new year 2011 Unnecessary bump   :V

What has changed in the game
- Point collection for extra life  :)
Each stage you will have to collect a fixed
amount of points to get an extra life

Stage 1 50 points
Stage 2 300 points
Stage 3 300 points

- Background change
- Character sprite change
- Spell card changed
- Stage changed
- Storyline changed (abit)
- A Player is complete (will upload soon)

Nothing much really  :3 Happy new year !
Hey There !

Chronojet ⚙ Dragon

• The Oddity
  • 今コソ輝ケ、我ガ未来、ソノ可能性!!
« Reply #19 on: December 29, 2010, 07:44:27 PM »
I'm in a box
Trying out demo.
You can tell I like your stuff.

I can see so many Touhou references in Stage 2, I can't concentrate. :V

No-miss replays coming soon... UPLOADED
Played through:
Stage 1: [attach=1]
   My experience on Stage 1: Man, that was easy. Everything went as planned...
Stage 2: [attach=2]
   My experience on Stage 2: C'mon I can survive this, wait where am I going argh NOOOOO
Stage 3: [attach=3]
   My experience on Stage 3: Still playing it. I like how Stage 3's story is sorta changed entirely.
   Lol ExRumia.png
   Fire Elevator has a bit of a problem - the same problem with Mokou's "Flaw of Forgiving Shrine" spell...
« Last Edit: December 29, 2010, 10:02:16 PM by Mewkyuu »

Chronojet ⚙ Dragon

• The Oddity
  • 今コソ輝ケ、我ガ未来、ソノ可能性!!
« Reply #20 on: December 30, 2010, 09:21:56 AM »
Update

Quote from: Foremoster
FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUuuu

What have you done to my fire elevator  :flamingv:
 lol you use homing reimu , that just completely shred most stages  :V
Except stage 3

Good job  :getdown:
Thank you. Now do you mind if I quote this post into your topic or something?
Also lol ReimuA. I couldn't bother choosing. (Though ReimuA has WEAK DPS :()

Sure :V