Author Topic: Touhou Soccer Moushuuden discussion  (Read 8568 times)

Kiro

• Drinks: Everything
  • Sleeps: Anywhere
Touhou Soccer Moushuuden discussion
« on: April 04, 2010, 12:27:59 AM »
I haven't seen a Touhou Soccer Moushuuden discussion thread here so I figured one should get started. An English patch was recently released; kudos to Deranged, N-Forza and others for the work they put into it! The patch discussion thread is at http://www.shrinemaiden.org/forum/index.php?topic=946.0 and the Touhou Wiki article for the game is at http://touhou.wikia.com/wiki/Touhou_Soccer_Moushuuden with a link to the latest patch near the bottom.

---

First thing I want to ask is: do replays work right for any of you? For me, they desync after a goal is scored or possibly when a break in the action occurs. Thus, they are completely unreliable. I am patched all the way to 2-18 and it happens whether or not the English patch is installed.

---

Secondly, we need a description on the wiki for the Team Commands that appear in game. These are the ones that pop up when you press "C" whether you have the ball or not. In addition to the standard 3 commands on Offense and Defense, I noticed there were character specific Team Commands as well. These only appear in Travel Mode/All-Star Mode and I want to figure out what all of these are. I assume the Japanese wiki has info on these, but I'm not sure where to look for that at the moment.

How it works in Travel Mode is that once you click on that command, the character associated with that command uses up a certain amount of guts and it stays in effect until you score a goal or switch between offense/defense. I don't think GoalKeepers have any commands associated with them so all the players listed below are the field versions. My preliminary look through my Travel Mode team has the following discoveries:

Fast Break (Ran's Offensive Command costing 200 guts): Your Forwards and Midfielders suddenly move at speeds of 25 or more (Rinnosuke-like speed) and dash towards the opposing goal. This does not apply to the player dribbling. Despite that, it is an absolutely sick command.

Winning Soccer (Mima's Offensive Command costing 300 guts): I have no idea what this does.

Ultra-mark (Letty's Defensive Command costing 100? guts): All of your players move towards the opposing player dribbling the ball. If that person changes, your players will switch as well. Not too useful imo.

Team Defense (Yuyuko's Defensive Command costing 100? guts): Not sure what this does.

---

Finally, any preferences you have ingame? My Travel Mode team started with Reimu, Ex-Keine, and Tewi (thanks to the wiki for the last suggestion). I actually didn't know how to dismiss players until after I beat it the first time around so my somewhat gimped team still managed  to win after one retry thanks to a few key cogs: my starting 3 players (Tewi as a passer is godly), Mima as a fielder and goalkeeper, and Letty as a defender. God, Letty is badass even as a field player. Gonna level up this team more now.

Ghaleon

• Long twintail-o-holic
Re: Touhou Soccer Moushuuden discussion
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2010, 02:30:02 AM »
Edit: EEP Forgot to answer your question sorry.
Replays don't appear to save at all for me, I choose save, and my replay manu thingie always remains completely blank. Kinda sucks, I had one sweet replay of the final stage of the main scenario where I managed to hit the post with 6 (yes 6) shots in a row, gg.

Was going to make one myself on april fools, but..well, and then after I've been uber-busy so never gotten around to it.

Anyway about those formations, copied from BGF's guide on DS:

18.30: Team Command (Attack)

Pressing ?X? when one of your players is dribbling on the field will bring up this menu.

18.31: Overlap (オーバーラップ)

* your DF will often join the attack
    * if you failed to score, it can be more dangerous when enemy performs a counter attack

18.32: Everyone Charges (みんなあがれ)

* mostly used for counter attacks, as more team players will run into enemy?s PA
    * there is no bonus for this tactic, you may risk losing a goal from a counter attack for nothing

18.33: Side Attack (サイドアタック)

* dribble +10 for players on the side line
    * your FW will run into enemy?s PA, so it?s easier to do a cross-in

18.34: Avalanche Attack (なだれ攻撃)

* Sakuya is required on the field, and it?ll cost her 200guts to perform this command
    * rhombus formation in front of Sakuya
    * when the ball is deflected away, it will always fall into your team players
    * create a 1vs1 situation, if the ball is repelled by the GK, you can score easily since the ball will fall into your players
    * effect wears out when opponent manages to get the ball

18.35: Fast Break (ファストブレイク)

* Either Patchouli or Ran is required on the field, and it?ll cost them 200guts to perform this command
    * your units? movement speed will increase apart from the one that has the ball
    * last for 5 minutes. If you use the command again during this time, it?ll cost the same guts but duration won?t increase.
    * this command is quite expansive. While Ran might be able to utilise it, Patchouli might not be able to afford it without much Reading.

18.36: Victory Soccer (勝つサッカー)

* Mima is required on the field, and it?ll cost her 300guts to perform this command
    * (effect unknown???)

18.40: Team Command (Defence)

Pressing ?X? when one of the opponent players is dribbling on the field will bring up this menu.

18.41: Everyone Falls Back (みんなさがれ)

* Everyone will fall back
    * none of your players will advance cross center line until you?ve gotton the ball

18.42: Defence Falls Back (さがるな)

* Everyone will fall back except your FW

18.43: Normal Defence (通常の守り)

* cancels any defence commands

18.44: Special Sliding Team (特攻スライディング部隊)

* Either Marisa or Mei-Ling is required on the field, and it?ll cost them 80guts to perform this command
    * everyone will chase after the ball with increased movement speed

18.45: All Defence (全員ディフェンス)

* Either Yuyuko or Xanadou is required on the field, and it?ll cost them 80guts to perform this command
    * same effect with ?Everyone Falls Back?, but with increased movement speed

18.46: Super Marking (超マーク)

* Letty is required on the field, and it?ll cost her 75guts to perform this command
    * your players can surround enemy player that has the ball very quickly

18.47: Press Guarding (パスガード)

* Komachi is required on the field, and it?ll cost her 60guts to perform this command
    * increase success rates for passive pass-cutting

I'm on match 12ish for travel mode myself. I started off with Marisa as captain, Tewi and cirno as my other two characters.

after match 2 mari had a dream and gave me the item with +50% profits, gg wasted team player on Tewi! >=P. After match 3 I purchased letty white as a GK, before match 5 I grabbed Alice (I didn't really want to but I figured I should since I wasn't sure how long Marisa could solo the offense all by herself for, and Alice is pretty good in the sense that she has decent scoring potention, excellent interrupting potential, and a soloing one-two (and a good pass).

By match 7ish, Yumeko showed up, kinda felt silly buying two goalies already, but I didn't regret it, she tends to score more goals than the rest of my team combined. Even on match 9 when I had Yukari as the enemy goalie, she could not defend against Yumeko's counter-attack with quadruple barrier, rofl.

Anyway, in case anybody doesn't already know, a great tip for scoring is to dribble the ball all the way to the goalie, then shoot (or dribble I guess, I have more luck shooting though, if the goalie saves your shot, chances are they don't catch it, only a punch, and if you get the ball shortly afterwards, the goal will be EMPTY! wooo!). Just don't try this against that saito Goalie, not gonna work.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2010, 06:45:51 AM by Ghaleon »

Ghaleon

• Long twintail-o-holic
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2010, 07:12:44 AM »
Sorry for double post, just occured to me to ask my own question which I've been dying for and was hoping for full attention to people who might actually know it.

When looking at the wiki, shots and special abilities have strength, power, decay, crit, knockback and guts. Most are pretty self-explanatory

WTF is power though, I mean for special shots,passes,tackles, whatever. Not the actual STAT power that characters get. Strength is obviously how much that special ups the success rate of what you are trying to do (so a shot with a strength of 20 is going to score only slightly more often than an ordinary shot, but a shot with a strength of 100 is pretty much guaranteed to succeed unless it's across the map with high decay).

Garlyle

• I can't brain today
  • I have the dumb
    • Tormod Plays Games
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2010, 07:39:09 AM »
Sorry for double post, just occured to me to ask my own question which I've been dying for and was hoping for full attention to people who might actually know it.

When looking at the wiki, shots and special abilities have strength, power, decay, crit, knockback and guts. Most are pretty self-explanatory

WTF is power though, I mean for special shots,passes,tackles, whatever. Not the actual STAT power that characters get. Strength is obviously how much that special ups the success rate of what you are trying to do (so a shot with a strength of 20 is going to score only slightly more often than an ordinary shot, but a shot with a strength of 100 is pretty much guaranteed to succeed unless it's across the map with high decay).
My guess is that it has to do with the chances of knocking away players that attempt to intercept.

Ghaleon

• Long twintail-o-holic
« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2010, 09:13:05 AM »
My guess is that it has to do with the chances of knocking away players that attempt to intercept.

That would be "knockback%" I would assume >=p

Garlyle

• I can't brain today
  • I have the dumb
    • Tormod Plays Games
« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2010, 09:20:56 AM »
Oh.  Well... then.... ....... yeah, I got nothing D:

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
  • Make a yukkuri and take it easy with me
« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2010, 09:26:01 AM »
Doesn't a shot like Killing Doll have better stat the further away it is? Sakuya scores fairly consistently from beyond the halfway.

Ghaleon

• Long twintail-o-holic
« Reply #7 on: April 05, 2010, 06:56:57 PM »
Doesn't a shot like Killing Doll have better stat the further away it is? Sakuya scores fairly consistently from beyond the halfway.

pretty sure it's the same at halfway as closeup.
It's definately best at point blank thou like everything, except against saito.

It doesn't scor at long range consistently at all if the other goalie isn't below level and/or bad.
Basically it's a god-shot on the main-scenario but pretty useless on travelmode, unless maybe sakuya is your captain and 6 levels higher than everyone like mine is.

Kiro

• Drinks: Everything
  • Sleeps: Anywhere
« Reply #8 on: April 05, 2010, 09:19:15 PM »
Ghaleon: The explanation on team commands you posted is great information. Yuyuko's command is as stated and is super useful when you're caught upfield during a corner kick and the rebound goes to an opponent midfield.

To answer your question about Power, according to the wiki, it is dashed out rather than 0 for special dribbles and tackles. So I think Power relates only to shots and are compared against the prowess of goalkeepers.

Question I have now is what exactly is critical %? Is it just a raw number chance that the skill will succeed? Thing is some skills appear to be over 100% critical so I'm a bit confused on this.

Pesco: According to the wiki, Killing Doll has no decay. So it's equally effective anywhere.

Ghaleon

• Long twintail-o-holic
« Reply #9 on: April 05, 2010, 11:33:34 PM »
Pretty sure crit is the % chance to crit...what has over 100%? I didn't see that one. A successful crit will increase the effectiveness of moves.
Power... Thats not it but you made me probably figure it out myself so thanks!
Power is how much harder the ball is to intercept/block the shot/pass.
I think the strength of a pass influences how hard it is to simply touch, where the power Influences when touched how much it gets slowed down/stopped.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2010, 11:36:00 PM by Ghaleon »

Ghaleon

• Long twintail-o-holic
« Reply #10 on: April 08, 2010, 06:36:09 AM »
Err, now that a seperate thread is created for this thread, i should point out that I have uploaded a savefile for everyone to use. it features a complete main scenario, along with all the sub-scenarios (along with the lily one) so that you get all the unlocks for travel mode. Unfortunately it does lack one single thing.... Kuru-however you spell it's (patchy's familiar) goalie-jump special. I think this is unlocked in Reimu's sub-scenario, so you don't have to re-do the main game to unlock. Honestly though she's a pretty shitty goalie so I don't know why anybody would really care.

Get the file here: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=VDT8BU6G

I think that's all you need, if other files are required simply tell me and I will upload those too.

« Reply #11 on: April 30, 2011, 04:35:39 AM »
Hey, I need a bit of help myself. I cant get the patches to work. The game came with a patch to 1.2 or something, and I apply that, the game dose not work. And then i cant use any of the other patches to get it to where I can apply the English patch. Help?

<Rain Lindwurm> Please do not bump threads older than 2 weeks, let alone over a year old. Read the Rules board for more information. Locked.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2011, 02:49:21 PM by Rain Lindwurm »