Author Topic: Touhou 13 trial gameplay  (Read 24180 times)

Azure Lazuline

• Looooove!!
  • PM me for free huggles and love!
    • Entanma Project - indie game development
Re: Touhou 13 trial gameplay
« Reply #90 on: April 21, 2011, 03:25:32 AM »
Being a survival/"fun" player instead of a score player, I can say that I absolutely love the new game mechanics, but I can understand why a score player would hate them. Having to run up to get the spirits means that I end up moving around a lot more, so there's more moving around bullets at high speeds instead of staying in one place to dodge. Trance mode is great, since it acts both as a death buffer (losing 2-3 lives/bombs on a single attack happens a lot less often) and as a reward for playing well without dying (being able  to use one of the most powerful attacks in the series at will). If anything, I think the Trance mechanics should stay the same, but maybe decrease the duration and increase how often you can do it.

Also, the shot types are all fun, they all get different dialogue, and Sanae looks really cute. Not much to dislike as far as I'm concerned. The music is weird, but I really like it, too.

RegalStar

• Envoy of Balance
« Reply #91 on: April 21, 2011, 05:52:04 AM »
That's a bug in MoF.  User replays work fine for me in SA and GFW.

Pretty sure that SA had the same problem too.

Barrakketh

• You're suddenly Director of Fixing That Shit!
  • Vice President of It's Your Problem Now.
« Reply #92 on: April 21, 2011, 02:53:08 PM »
Pretty sure that SA had the same problem too.
Cheating? I cannot even wrap my head around the point of it. Wouldn't you know you had cheated? How on Earth could you maintain crisp certainty of your superiority to all others? And if you're unable to do that, what's the point of anything?

RegalStar

• Envoy of Balance
« Reply #93 on: April 21, 2011, 03:32:14 PM »
Oh, I thought you were saying a different bug. My bad.

ふねん1

• Scientific editor
  • If you're alive, you can always keep moving.
« Reply #94 on: April 27, 2011, 05:47:53 PM »
I want to make sure of something. The Wiki mentions that you get a scoring difference when shooting unfocused vs. focused. How exactly does this work in-game?
"Science is more than a body of knowledge. It's a way of thinking." - Carl Sagan

NEW AND IMPROVED YOUTUBE, now with 60 fps Touhou videos! Latest video update: WBaWC Lunatic/Extra no-miss no-bomb no-Roars no-Spirit-Strikes compilation.

Paper Conan

• Productivity, all day 'erry day
  • NOPE, just kidding~
« Reply #95 on: April 28, 2011, 02:45:15 AM »
WHEEEE~! I just did a failed Lunatic run with Marisa... :*
(and I've cleared Lunatic before, btw)

The outstanding part was that I perfected the first two stages (I even micrododged my way to victory at Kyouko's Yahoo spellcard) and did 3 tiny mistakes at stage 3.
I crashed into one of the popcorn bullets that the stage 3 fairies shoot, died to a clip-death in Yoshika's second card, and finally I crashed into Yoshika herself at her final card.

What makes this run extra AWESOME is that, with a little-tiny-bit more practice, I'll soon be able to perfect the TD Demo!!!!

Hah, I'm more than sure that no one here has perfected the Demo, huh?
 8)

« Reply #96 on: April 28, 2011, 07:11:14 AM »
I was able to perfect the demo on normal with Marisa.  Though I did use a bomb and that spirit mode thingy to bumrush Miyako's last spellcard.

Not that perfecting on a normal mode run is very impressive, but still :P

Barrakketh

• You're suddenly Director of Fixing That Shit!
  • Vice President of It's Your Problem Now.
« Reply #97 on: April 28, 2011, 05:49:24 PM »
I was able to perfect the demo on normal with Marisa.  Though I did use a bomb and that spirit mode thingy to bumrush Miyako's last spellcard.
Does not compute.  Maybe you meant no miss, but perfect usually means no bombs, no miss, and sometimes extra conditions depending on the game (no broken borders in PCB, no UFOs in UFO).

Good job, though.
Cheating? I cannot even wrap my head around the point of it. Wouldn't you know you had cheated? How on Earth could you maintain crisp certainty of your superiority to all others? And if you're unable to do that, what's the point of anything?

RegalStar

• Envoy of Balance
« Reply #98 on: April 28, 2011, 05:58:18 PM »
I want to make sure of something. The Wiki mentions that you get a scoring difference when shooting unfocused vs. focused. How exactly does this work in-game?

Probably the difference in damage rates. I mistakenly thought once that unfocused point blank gives more spirits than focused, but then I realized that it was only because I was using Sanae (Reimu and Marisa both get more spirits focused since their focused shot is stronger even at point blank).

« Reply #99 on: April 28, 2011, 06:09:33 PM »
Does not compute.  Maybe you meant no miss, but perfect usually means no bombs, no miss, and sometimes extra conditions depending on the game (no broken borders in PCB, no UFOs in UFO).

Good job, though.

I must not be using the touhou term for "perfect" then.  By perfect I meant not dying at all.  But if by perfect in touhou standards I'd need to capture every spell card, use no bombs, no spirit thingy, no nothing besides glue my finger on the Z key and dodge everything then I'd never be able to do that.  At least not unless Miyako's healing gets nerfed or I found a way to make sure she never gets any spirit orbs ever,

draganuv15

« Reply #100 on: April 28, 2011, 06:56:34 PM »
The game keeps crashing every time I use Trance or Death Trance, how to fix plz?

« Reply #101 on: April 28, 2011, 07:05:20 PM »
Yoshika keeps making me feel like this:

"I Refuse to let you heal, i shall not let you heal............. FUUUUUUU BOMB!" *steals her food*

Paper Conan

• Productivity, all day 'erry day
  • NOPE, just kidding~
« Reply #102 on: April 28, 2011, 08:22:43 PM »
Yoshika keeps making me feel like this:

"I Refuse to let you heal, i shall not let you heal............. FUUUUUUU BOMB!" *steals her food*

The best part is that I use Marisa.
The one touhou that cannot run around while bombing.... :qq:

Sality

« Reply #103 on: April 29, 2011, 04:36:09 AM »
The game keeps crashing every time I use Trance or Death Trance, how to fix plz?

Every time ?
I knew that the demo is still bug-ish, but "every time" is just too much, haha.

Well, my game often crashes as well. Mostly because I use bomb in the same time as Yoshika's healing phase.