Edit: EEP Forgot to answer your question sorry.
Replays don't appear to save at all for me, I choose save, and my replay manu thingie always remains completely blank. Kinda sucks, I had one sweet replay of the final stage of the main scenario where I managed to hit the post with 6 (yes 6) shots in a row, gg.
Was going to make one myself on april fools, but..well, and then after I've been uber-busy so never gotten around to it.
Anyway about those formations, copied from BGF's guide on DS:
18.30: Team Command (Attack)
Pressing ďXĒ when one of your players is dribbling on the field will bring up this menu.
18.31: Overlap (オーバーラップ)
* your DF will often join the attack
* if you failed to score, it can be more dangerous when enemy performs a counter attack
18.32: Everyone Charges (みんなあがれ)
* mostly used for counter attacks, as more team players will run into enemyís PA
* there is no bonus for this tactic, you may risk losing a goal from a counter attack for nothing
18.33: Side Attack (サイドアタック)
* dribble +10 for players on the side line
* your FW will run into enemyís PA, so itís easier to do a cross-in
18.34: Avalanche Attack (なだれ攻撃)
* Sakuya is required on the field, and itíll cost her 200guts to perform this command
* rhombus formation in front of Sakuya
* when the ball is deflected away, it will always fall into your team players
* create a 1vs1 situation, if the ball is repelled by the GK, you can score easily since the ball will fall into your players
* effect wears out when opponent manages to get the ball
18.35: Fast Break (ファストブレイク)
* Either Patchouli or Ran is required on the field, and itíll cost them 200guts to perform this command
* your unitsí movement speed will increase apart from the one that has the ball
* last for 5 minutes. If you use the command again during this time, itíll cost the same guts but duration wonít increase.
* this command is quite expansive. While Ran might be able to utilise it, Patchouli might not be able to afford it without much Reading.
18.36: Victory Soccer (勝つサッカー)
* Mima is required on the field, and itíll cost her 300guts to perform this command
* (effect unknown???)
18.40: Team Command (Defence)
Pressing ďXĒ when one of the opponent players is dribbling on the field will bring up this menu.
18.41: Everyone Falls Back (みんなさがれ)
* Everyone will fall back
* none of your players will advance cross center line until youíve gotton the ball
18.42: Defence Falls Back (さがるな)
* Everyone will fall back except your FW
18.43: Normal Defence (通常の守り)
* cancels any defence commands
18.44: Special Sliding Team (特攻スライディング部隊)
* Either Marisa or Mei-Ling is required on the field, and itíll cost them 80guts to perform this command
* everyone will chase after the ball with increased movement speed
18.45: All Defence (全員ディフェンス)
* Either Yuyuko or Xanadou is required on the field, and itíll cost them 80guts to perform this command
* same effect with ďEveryone Falls BackĒ, but with increased movement speed
18.46: Super Marking (超マーク)
* Letty is required on the field, and itíll cost her 75guts to perform this command
* your players can surround enemy player that has the ball very quickly
18.47: Press Guarding (パスガード)
* Komachi is required on the field, and itíll cost her 60guts to perform this command
* increase success rates for passive pass-cutting
I'm on match 12ish for travel mode myself. I started off with Marisa as captain, Tewi and cirno as my other two characters.
after match 2 mari had a dream and gave me the item with +50% profits, gg wasted team player on Tewi! >=P. After match 3 I purchased letty white as a GK, before match 5 I grabbed Alice (I didn't really want to but I figured I should since I wasn't sure how long Marisa could solo the offense all by herself for, and Alice is pretty good in the sense that she has decent scoring potention, excellent interrupting potential, and a soloing one-two (and a good pass).
By match 7ish, Yumeko showed up, kinda felt silly buying two goalies already, but I didn't regret it, she tends to score more goals than the rest of my team combined. Even on match 9 when I had Yukari as the enemy goalie, she could not defend against Yumeko's counter-attack with quadruple barrier, rofl.
Anyway, in case anybody doesn't already know, a great tip for scoring is to dribble the ball all the way to the goalie, then shoot (or dribble I guess, I have more luck shooting though, if the goalie saves your shot, chances are they don't catch it, only a punch, and if you get the ball shortly afterwards, the goal will be EMPTY! wooo!). Just don't try this against that saito Goalie, not gonna work.