Author Topic: Touhou Fangames  (Read 56761 times)

Ghaleon

• Long twintail-o-holic
Re: Touhou Fangames
« Reply #31 on: June 26, 2010, 09:37:01 AM »
Best April fools ever.

*topic killed*

back to naming fangames please, though isn't this more of a HME thread?

barasia

• mokomokomokomoko
« Reply #32 on: June 27, 2010, 11:49:26 AM »
Mystical Chain + Lunatic Run + 1cc  = Lunatic Boss Run = Mystical Chain is now my fav Touhou fangame.

God, my fingers hurt~

Also i hope Tasofro remakes PatchCon to beceom multiplayer. it has such promise.
Termnl_yt ht_i_sba. enfi_et uao_nri e_ewc_ gfo_f ineo kh_ tr o

LHCling

• Metang@
  • ( 。゚ 3っ   )っ
« Reply #33 on: June 27, 2010, 12:16:39 PM »
Mystical Chain + Lunatic Run + 1cc  = Lunatic Boss Run = Mystical Chain is now my fav Touhou fangame.

God, my fingers hurt~
But wait, but there's more.

Just saying. Latest version is 1.21 .
Spoiler:
I should get around to that Lunatic Boss Rush Solo Marisa that I planned on doing. Maybe

EDIT: My grammar likes to take hits especially during this time of the night.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2010, 12:25:25 PM by Baitikkuri »
[16:25] <Kuruminut> Shut up MS Word, "fangirlism" is totally a word
<>
[07:59] <Sapz> ベーティさんは馬鹿っぽいだろう、この「っぽい」好き者

barasia

• mokomokomokomoko
« Reply #34 on: June 27, 2010, 12:32:06 PM »
what does desperate mode btw?
is it a step up from Lunatic?

is it even neccessary?

Edit:
This time of night? its only 10.30 pm ~

yes, im in sydney btw.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2010, 12:34:07 PM by barasia »
Termnl_yt ht_i_sba. enfi_et uao_nri e_ewc_ gfo_f ineo kh_ tr o

Bias Bus

• It's unpleasent
  • if you're better than me
« Reply #35 on: June 27, 2010, 12:37:49 PM »
I used to have MegaMari, but I think I deleted it.
Still have PatchCon though.
What I really seem to play is Fushigi no Gensokyo...and I'm surprised only one other person has played it. Despite being HOLYSHIT RAGEQUIT hard, it can be fun and it's pretty to look at.

I still hold out for a Touhou Metal Slug though.
No Math Zone - Tumblr (slight nsfw) | Legend of a Hot-Blooded Pig

"The only guy you know to draw fat Touhous." - Erebus

« Reply #36 on: June 27, 2010, 07:40:06 PM »
I still hold out for a Touhou Metal Slug though.
I remember I used to play Metal Slug so much that I heard "HEAVY MACHINE GUN" in my sleep.  I think a Touhou Metal Slug would be a bit similar to a horizontal shmup though.

LHCling

• Metang@
  • ( 。゚ 3っ   )っ
« Reply #37 on: June 27, 2010, 09:47:23 PM »
what does desperate mode btw?
is it a step up from Lunatic?

is it even neccessary?
Yes, it's a step up from Lunatic.
It's there for when you get bored I guess  :V

Edit:
This time of night? its only 10.30 pm ~

yes, im in sydney btw.
I was out for a somewhat significant portion of the day. That, plus the surgery conclusion left me drained. I'll leave it at that.

And oh man, in Sydney?  :o

What I really seem to play is Fushigi no Gensokyo...and I'm surprised only one other person has played it. Despite being HOLYSHIT RAGEQUIT hard, it can be fun and it's pretty to look at.
I play it... just not very often. And I couldn't get the updates until quite recently because there's no way that I'm going to download patches with not-free university internet.
[16:25] <Kuruminut> Shut up MS Word, "fangirlism" is totally a word
<>
[07:59] <Sapz> ベーティさんは馬鹿っぽいだろう、この「っぽい」好き者

Ghaleon

• Long twintail-o-holic
« Reply #38 on: June 27, 2010, 10:17:03 PM »
But wait, but there's more.

Just saying. Latest version is 1.21 .

oh god! I must play this again.

...not looking forward to the stage with those flying lighting-bolt shooting keddamas. those are so brutal on lunatic.

Blackraptor

• Furniture
  • The guy with the thing over there at the place
« Reply #39 on: June 28, 2010, 12:51:40 AM »
Played Touhou Mother recently and...yeah...one of the most fun RPGs I have played in a long time.

What was that?
8/16-bit JRPG about Touhou?
Reimu and Marisa as you starting members?
Spoiler:
Yuka and Mima as the rest of your party members?
Playable Sanae sections where she acts like Samus Aran complete with Missiles, Super Missiles and Energy Tanks...in RPG form?
SDM stage has the Castlevania: Rondo of Blood soundtrack?
You get to ride in an R-Type?

Did I mention that you can use Mima?

« Reply #40 on: June 28, 2010, 02:21:59 PM »
- MegaMari (didn't play much of it)
- Koumajou Densetsu (same)
- Scarlet Meister (I like the patterns, don't like the big player sprites, though -- makes dodging more difficult than in Progear)
- PatchCon (multipliers! swarms! explosions! cute screams! Err..)
- Concealed the Conclusion (got bored after trying to graze and milk Meiling's nonspells)
- Phantasm Romance 2.5 Plus (faster-paced stages and boss attacks, awesome patterns to watch and even more awesome to play against, diversity of enemy attacks which are also enjoyable to watch and dodge, good bgm.. I'd like to get to EX4 myself when I have the time -- I thought that I could get to it if I survived EX3; if EX4 is really not accessible that way, I should've selected EX4 when I had the chance :V  Have you people noticed how the stage backgrounds are fuzzy in EX4? Also.. these bgms.. -- both from Diadra Empty.. but anyways.. the bgm for Reimu's final patterns? )
- Desperation of Alcoholic Dream
- Hopping Tenshi (I miss Hopping Yamame, though)
- SplatterFaith (lost interest on it after seeing that
Spoiler:
I had to understand japanese to complete Extra.. despite me not having played enough to get past Chensaw
)
- another flash game where Orin must collect flaming souls while avoiding other characters

edit: forgot these three (worth mentioning):
- Butterfly Flies For Fry
- Fla Fla Flan
- Cirno Training
« Last Edit: June 28, 2010, 02:45:27 PM by shadowbringer »
neku: now for something important.
Translations.
How much time do you guys think it will take for HM to be translated? Besides everyone's story modes and the whole menus, there's also the fact that the way HM's programmed is different from all other games. I bet it'll take two months.

lusvik: I don't mind about playing HM in japanese. The language of punching other people is international.

« Reply #41 on: June 28, 2010, 07:59:00 PM »
This is still the best Touhou fangame

Oh wait :3

dfkjsdfjasdkflewajfksjd I forgot about that video
That was actually the first time I had ever seen Touhou, now that I think about it. Didn't know what it was at the time, I just saw a bunch of girls with cool effects and AMAZING music. It wasn't until a year or two later that I found it again randomly and realized it was Touhou and that the song was Sleepless Night on the Eastern Country.

Anyway, I have
-Megamari (I might have deleted this actually, never particularly cared for Megaman games)
-MariAri (so much fun, I should play this more often)
-Mystical Chain (never got far because I'm so amazingly terrible at it)
-Concealed the Conclusion (should really get around to a Hard/Lunatic 1cc of this some time soon...)
-PatchCon (pretty dull, not really a fan of RTS games)
-Touhou Battle Gaiden (TOUHOU TETRIS YESSSSSSSSSSSSS)
-Touhou Labyrinth (fun gamplay + amazingly terrible art = I should really play this more often)
-Hollow World of God, if that counts
« Last Edit: June 28, 2010, 08:01:36 PM by SenSageUn »

« Reply #42 on: June 29, 2010, 01:31:20 AM »
Please tell me Scarlet Meister is some sort of joke. I consider myself somewhat above average shmup player but after several attempts I can't even clear Easy with all available continues. It seems like the game is deliberately made to confuse you, starting with the character switching and the fact that both of them have same looking hitboxes on screen. I have 1cc'd Progear, I should be able to deal with some horizontal danmaku dammit!

And yeah, everyone should play Touhou Mother. The gameplay is honestly not very good but the story and humor more than make up for it. I don't think any other game has made me laugh so much.
"First of all, for those who've cleared the game, please try playing for more points." - ZUN

« Reply #43 on: May 15, 2011, 03:43:10 AM »
DON'T DO IT

SAVE YOURSELF

In other news, I'm tempted to look further into this Perihpery of Power game. It can't be worse than RoHL...can it?

no story, easy boss fights, ripped sprites and cut ins(the stage one boss, an umbrella, has a YUYUKO cut in)

Edible

• One part the F?hrer, one part the Pope
  • It's the inevitable return, baby
« Reply #44 on: May 15, 2011, 04:11:47 AM »
Cool it on the necrobumps.  If it's two weeks or older, consider making a new topic instead.