Author Topic: random touhou Qs (may contain noob ones)  (Read 38315 times)

Tengukami

• Breaking news. Any season.
  • I said, with a posed look.
Re: random touhou Qs (may contain noob ones)
« Reply #30 on: May 31, 2009, 09:52:00 PM »
I guess danmaku also requires strong mental powers/strenght.

Certainly, just look at Cirno!

"Human history and growth are both linked closely to strife. Without conflict, humanity would have no impetus for growth. When humans are satisfied with their present condition, they may as well give up on life."

Gpop

« Reply #31 on: May 31, 2009, 11:20:04 PM »
Certainly, just look at Cirno!

Yeah, but look at Utsuho =/.

Anyways, I got a question,

Let's say Koishi randomly stumbles into one of those dream worlds from the PC-98 games, like Mugenkan, or Gengetu's/Mugetu's dream world that they created. Since Koishi has the power to manipulate the sub-consciousness, does this mean that she could either change the entire realm, or even destroy it in an instance?

« Reply #32 on: June 01, 2009, 12:28:49 AM »
Hang on ... this suggests that Koishi is the Yukari of the dream worlds! :o

WRATHIE_Beatrice

• soujiko x yousuke is my otp
  • I will repeat it, in RED
« Reply #33 on: June 01, 2009, 12:34:33 AM »
Inbe4Koishihax..

anyways, each person's interpretation is different.

My theory mostly consists of it being an innate ability, drawn from the magicks/mana/faith in gensokyo itself. Being drawn from their own makeup as a youkai the generate bullets as self defense...

Defiant of Shrine Maiden Ver. 2

Mizuki-chan

« Reply #34 on: June 01, 2009, 01:25:51 AM »
Question:
How was Gensokyo created? And why?
What is the soul and the spirit in Japanese terms?
How come only the girls can use magic?

misosoupwitheggplant

• stalking stalker a stalker.
« Reply #35 on: June 01, 2009, 01:35:47 AM »
My question:

What would happen if I ate a miniature Suika? Would it taste like a watermelon covered in alcohol?
Are Flandre's wings made out of sugar?
Current cosplays

Suwako- Some con
Cirno- A&G Ohio

Gpop

« Reply #36 on: June 01, 2009, 01:40:08 AM »
Question:
How was Gensokyo created? And why?

Answering these two.

Gensokyo was created as a haven for the Youkai to roam. That's what it was intended for. Thanks to Yukari, it's now separated from the rest of the world due to the fact that since the Youkai were terrorizing the surrounding regions, humans were exterminating the Youkai to prevent this.

Actually guys can use magic as well. It's just that you don't ever see them use it. Rinnosuke doesn't use it as well because he just doesn't have any fighting abilities whatsoever. Youki, Youmu's father, surely uses magic though being Yuyuko's previous gardener and guardian and all.

My question:

What would happen if I ate a miniature Suika? Would it taste like a watermelon covered in alcohol?
Are Flandre's wings made out of sugar?

No and no. They would most likely taste like people, and the wings would taste like glass =/.

misosoupwitheggplant

« Reply #37 on: June 01, 2009, 02:08:19 AM »
No and no. They would most likely taste like people, and the wings would taste like glass =/.

Darn. What would they do if I tried, then? D:
Current cosplays

Suwako- Some con
Cirno- A&G Ohio

« Reply #38 on: June 01, 2009, 02:12:01 AM »
Well, Suika would probably beat you up, and you can generally count on Flandre vaporizing you without even leaving a drop of blood ...

Zengar Zombolt

• Space-Time Tuning Circle - Wd/Fr
  • Green-Red Divine Clock
« Reply #39 on: June 01, 2009, 05:47:02 AM »
What would happen if I ate a miniature Suika?
I'm pretty sure the mini Suika would find her way out... Or create an exit, if you know what I mean.

Helepolis

• Charisma!
  • O-ojousama!?
« Reply #40 on: June 01, 2009, 06:19:34 AM »
Q: We all know girls use danmaku. Though are the knives Sakuya uses also danmaku? Or regular knife objects. And if so, where does she keeps all those knives.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2009, 06:21:12 AM by Helepolis »

Momizi Inubashiri

• Banned
  • For :files:
« Reply #41 on: June 01, 2009, 06:27:45 AM »
Q: We all know girls use danmaku. Though are the knives Sakuya uses also danmaku? Or regular knife objects. And if so, where does she keeps all those knives.

she keep them in pouches that are atached to her leg under her skirt (wish i had i pic to show you what i mean)

Vile Lasagna

• Due to boredom
  • I'm mostly banned
« Reply #42 on: June 01, 2009, 06:28:52 AM »

That has to do with Zun's lesbo-loli fetishism
rofl bye

« Reply #43 on: June 01, 2009, 06:30:29 AM »
Danmaku. There would be an unfair advance in ballistics if they were normal.
(of course, she has normal ones too)
she keep them in pouches that are atached to her leg under her skirt (wish i had i pic to show you what i mean)
« Last Edit: June 01, 2009, 06:32:29 AM by T34G3 »

Helepolis

• Charisma!
  • O-ojousama!?
« Reply #44 on: June 01, 2009, 11:25:57 AM »
Q: How come the oversized ribbons some characters have (Mokou , Reimu) Always stay in perfect shape and straight without bending fall. What happened to gravity?

Q: How do the girls keep their cloths clean and colorful? What washingpowder they use?

« Reply #45 on: June 01, 2009, 11:47:41 AM »
Q: How come the oversized ribbons some characters have (Mokou , Reimu) Always stay in perfect shape and straight without bending fall. What happened to gravity?

Q: How do the girls keep their cloths clean and colorful? What washingpowder they use?
A: how does a shrine maiden with exposed armpits fly?

A: Power-brand. That's like asking why officers don't look like they have been crawling in mud and why they don't have leaves growing out of them.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2009, 12:05:47 PM by T34G3 »

Gpop

« Reply #46 on: June 01, 2009, 01:00:54 PM »

Remember that when she runs out of knives, she simply stops time just to retrieve them again. She doesn't a godly amount =/. But I agree that some of them are located in the pouch under her skirt.

Gensokyo. They defied the laws of gravity by flying themselves, so this isn't too surprising =/. But how they keep it up without forcing it whatsoever is probably due to some kind of spell casted on them. It's how Mokou keeps her pants from burning =/.

So in this case that's probably how they clean their clothing or keep them clean during battles without any damage on them whatsoever.

Helepolis

• Charisma!
  • O-ojousama!?
« Reply #47 on: June 01, 2009, 02:20:31 PM »
Yes, the amulets on mokou's pants prevent it from burning. I think the part where she gets beaten in IN you can see her shirt was burned (has has no amulets).

WRATHIE_Beatrice

• soujiko x yousuke is my otp
  • I will repeat it, in RED
« Reply #48 on: June 01, 2009, 02:36:42 PM »
How i wish it didn't stop it burning~~~

Defiant of Shrine Maiden Ver. 2

misosoupwitheggplant

« Reply #49 on: June 01, 2009, 03:59:37 PM »
If you get your hand stuck in one of Yukari's portals somehow, what happens?
Current cosplays

Suwako- Some con
Cirno- A&G Ohio

Helepolis

• Charisma!
  • O-ojousama!?
« Reply #50 on: June 01, 2009, 04:28:46 PM »
It gets lost in unknown space which Yukari controls. If the gap closes you cannot move anymore from your current location. So you can basicly be stuck in the air. Some gaps are connected so when you stick your hand in one it can appear trough the other.

Though always "mind the gap"

Patoyo

• Currently waiting for Touhou 13
« Reply #51 on: June 01, 2009, 04:45:04 PM »
Q:
How many blondes are there in Touhou?(pc-98 included)

that's a lot

« Reply #52 on: June 01, 2009, 05:13:44 PM »
Q:
How many blondes are there in Touhou?(pc-98 included)

that's a lot
Well, let's see Category:Characters on the Touhou wiki!

Alice, Chiyuri, Elis, Ellen (might not count -- ZUN got her from another series), Elly, Flandre, Gengetu, Kana Anaberal, Kurumi, Lily, Luize, Luna Child, Lunasa, Maribel, Marisa, Medicine, Mugetu, Parsee, Ran, Rumia, Shizuha, Sunny Milk, Suwako, Toyohime, Yamame, Yumeko, Yumemi, Yuugi. That's 28, or 27 if you don't count Fluffy Ellen.

Patoyo

• Currently waiting for Touhou 13
« Reply #53 on: June 01, 2009, 05:27:11 PM »
You forgot the strongest youkai Yukari

« Reply #54 on: June 01, 2009, 05:31:12 PM »
Er, 28 or 29 then!

misosoupwitheggplant

« Reply #55 on: June 01, 2009, 07:21:17 PM »
What do the Komeiji's like to eat?
Current cosplays

Suwako- Some con
Cirno- A&G Ohio

Ghaleon

• Long twintail-o-holic
« Reply #56 on: June 01, 2009, 08:19:41 PM »
So I've been playing for what.. 3 weeks now? Anyway, I've played thru esod, pcb, and in. I've tried the phantasmogria of flower view or whatever its called... Interesting, but it should be considered a x.5 touhou game than a x.0 imo, so it doesn't really count for what I'm about to ask.

I've noticed some patterns in the touhou games, I'm wondering if they hold thru for the rest of the series (rest being later, not neccesarily before)... you know, kind of like how final fantasy games always have an engineer or mechanic named cid?

1: Are all the main enemies of each touhou game always of the same race? Seems like esod they are all vampires, in pcb they are all ghosts (half ghost counts noob), IN, they are all animal-women, etc. Ice fairies and such don't count, they have nothing to do with the dillema of the story. Sakuya doesn't count either. Remila said it herself in IN >=p.

2: does the stage 5 boss always break the mechanics of the game in some way? esod, timestop, pcb, slomo, IN..uhh.. stupid red eyes of make things go backwards or turn invisible or whatever. I still don't really understand it lol.

3: Is level 1 and 2 always easy, level 3 medium, and level4+ always "you better memorize at least some parts of this level or you WILL die/bomb"

4: does every touhou game have 1 and only 1 "death fairy" somewhere in the game?

5: does the extra boss always have at lest 1 attack that must be timed out?

thought I had more but that's all I can think of atm.

Gpop

« Reply #57 on: June 01, 2009, 08:36:05 PM »
What do the Komeiji's like to eat?

My pe- *shot*

I'm guessing whatever they sell underground, although I assume that it's not too different from what the humans eat on the surface.

1: Are all the main enemies of each touhou game always of the same race? Seems like esod they are all vampires, in pcb they are all ghosts (half ghost counts noob), IN, they are all animal-women, etc. Ice fairies and such don't count, they have nothing to do with the dillema of the story. Sakuya doesn't count either. Remila said it herself in IN >=p.

2: does the stage 5 boss always break the mechanics of the game in some way? esod, timestop, pcb, slomo, IN..uhh.. stupid red eyes of make things go backwards or turn invisible or whatever. I still don't really understand it lol.

3: Is level 1 and 2 always easy, level 3 medium, and level4+ always "you better memorize at least some parts of this level or you WILL die/bomb"

4: does every touhou game have 1 and only 1 "death fairy" somewhere in the game?

5: does the extra boss always have at lest 1 attack that must be timed out?

thought I had more but that's all I can think of atm.

1. No. Pay attention to them. Only Remilia and Flandre are vampires in EoSD. Sakuya is human, Patchouli is a witch youkai, Meiling and Rumia are youkai, and Cirno is an Ice fairy.

In PCB, only Yuyuko, the Prismrivers, and Youmu are ghosts (Youmu is a half-ghost. Yes it is different). Yukari is one of the "main enemies" as well, and she's a youkai =/.

In IN, NOT EVERYONE IS ANIMAL-YOUKAI. Only Wriggle (bug), Mystia (Night-Sparrow), Keine (were-hakutaku), Tewi and Reisen (Rabbits) are animals youkai. Eirin and Kaguya and Lunarians. Mokou is immortal.

2. No. Although I didn't think of that. But Sanae isn't related in that way, nor is Orin (but is broken in terms of difficulty =/).

3. Uhh...isn't that how it's SUPPOSED to be?

4. I don't think every Touhou game has a death fairy in IN. MoF and SA doesn't have one, neither does PCB.

Or maybe I wasn't paying too much attention =/

5. Yes.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2009, 08:37:54 PM by Gpop »

Ghaleon

• Long twintail-o-holic
« Reply #58 on: June 01, 2009, 08:50:41 PM »
My pe- *shot*

I'm guessing whatever they sell underground, although I assume that it's not too different from what the humans eat on the surface.

1. No. Pay attention to them. Only Remilia and Flandre are vampires in EoSD. Sakuya is human, Patchouli is a witch youkai, Meiling and Rumia are youkai, and Cirno is an Ice fairy.

In PCB, only Yuyuko, the Prismrivers, and Youmu are ghosts (Youmu is a half-ghost. Yes it is different). Yukari is one of the "main enemies" as well, and she's a youkai =/.

In IN, NOT EVERYONE IS ANIMAL-YOUKAI. Only Wriggle (bug), Mystia (Night-Sparrow), Keine (were-hakutaku), Tewi and Reisen (Rabbits) are animals youkai. Eirin and Kaguya and Lunarians. Mokou is immortal.

2. No. Although I didn't think of that. But Sanae isn't related in that way, nor is Orin (but is broken in terms of difficulty =/).

3. Uhh...isn't that how it's SUPPOSED to be?

4. I don't think every Touhou game has a death fairy in IN. MoF and SA doesn't have one, neither does PCB.

Or maybe I wasn't paying too much attention =/

5. Yes.

As I said, ice fairies don't count, and my definition of vampire is loose. I mean youkai that eats humans or consumes something human. Both rumia and patch talk about eating humans in the game don't they? Mind you the stage 3 boss is in league with remila isn't she? Forgot about her.

Yukari I didn't count cuz she's in the extra stage (same with ran). Chen is an exception I suppose but she has nothing to do with the cherry blossom thievery, so she's somewhat like the ice fairy situation.

As for IN, the extra stage boss doesn't count again. Eirin and Kaguya, well I don't think they look like bunny-people other than reisen. BUT. when you beat the game and such, they frequently refer to the whole group as bunnies or rabbits or something. So I was a bit confused.

PCB has a death fairy just before the prismriver boss. I don't remember where in IN, but I could have sworn there was one somewhere.

Gpop

« Reply #59 on: June 01, 2009, 09:00:46 PM »
As I said, ice fairies don't count, and my definition of vampire is loose. I mean youkai that eats humans or consumes something human. Both rumia and patch talk about eating humans in the game don't they? Mind you the stage 3 boss is in league with remila isn't she? Forgot about her.

Yukari I didn't count cuz she's in the extra stage (same with ran). Chen is an exception I suppose but she has nothing to do with the cherry blossom thievery, so she's somewhat like the ice fairy situation.

As for IN, the extra stage boss doesn't count again. Eirin and Kaguya, well I don't think they look like bunny-people other than reisen. BUT. when you beat the game and such, they frequently refer to the whole group as bunnies or rabbits or something. So I was a bit confused.

PCB has a death fairy just before the prismriver boss. I don't remember where in IN, but I could have sworn there was one somewhere.

Oh yes I forgot about the death fairy in Stage 4. And yes, IN does have one in EX stage, right before Mokou.

Still I forgot if MoF and SA has one. I haven't played them too much.