Author Topic: Dear Diary (And other things that aren't about Renko!!!)  (Read 20130 times)

Sana

• Good gravy!
Dear Diary (And other things that aren't about Renko!!!)
« on: March 22, 2010, 12:23:26 AM »
Alternatively: RARE FOOTAGE OF SANA ACTUALLY WRITING

6/27/2052
DEER DIARY
TODAY I GOT BOOK TO RITE IN. DADDY GIVE IT TO ME. IT IS PRETTY. WE HAD CURRY TODAY. I LIKE CURRY. :)

7/09/2053
DEER DIARY
TODAY I WENT TO SCHOOL. IT IS FUN. WE LERN HOW TO RITE AND READ. EVERYONE IS NICE THERE. WE HAD SOUP AND RICE TODAY. THE SOUP WAS HOT BUT GOOD. :)

10/25/2055
Dear Diary
We got an assinmasinmen homework today about multiplication and division. It is hard but Daddy helps me so it is fun too.

3/04/2057
Dear Diary,
Today everybody brought their parents in to class. My dad couldn't come that day so I had to tell everyone he had work. I had to make my own food today, but it's okay because Dad is coming back tomorrow.

7/20/2059
Dear Diary,
Sorry I haven't been writing lately. My Dad took me on his business trip to Europe for the week! I got to ride on a jet for the first time, but it wasn't that fun. I always fell asleep on the plane so I don't know how long the trip was.

Europe is exciting! There are lots of statues everywhere, and the buildings look different. It looks kind of old compared to Japan, but I didn't mind. The hotel room looked expensive, and the bed was huge and fluffy! I wanted to jump on it but Dad told me not to.
European food is good! Dad sometimes takes me to European restaurants, but it tastes better when you're actually there. After a few days I started to miss rice though.
We visited a lot of places, but I don't know their names. There was this one place with these BIG rocks. Dad told me nobody knew how they got there. My favourites were the big leaning tower, and this really big tower with a clock on it.
Dad went to a few business meetings, but I always got to go with him. It turns out they aren't very fun. He mostly sits and talks to the other adults. This one time, Dad's business friend brought his daughter with him. She's my age, but she's kinda weird....but nice too I guess. She had natural blonde hair, which I've never seen before. Everyone in Japan dies dyes their hair. Anyway, I have to go to bed now. Bye!

9/10/2061
Dear Diary,
I started high school today! I was really nervous because all my friends from middle school went to different schools, but it wasn't that bad. The teachers are nice, but they've already given us homework!
I already have some friends, named ***** and *****. They're both really smart. I need to work hard to catch up to them!

2/14/2062
Dear Diary,
Today was the worst day ever. Since it was Valentine's day, I was really worried about whether I'd get any letters or chocolates. But when I looked at my locker today, I didn't see any! I asked ***** whether she got any, and she said yes. I asked her why I didn't get any, and she just looked away and ran off. So I asked ****** and he didn't say anything either. That's when ***** started laughing at me about how I didn't get anything today. I told him to be quiet, but then he started calling me creepy, and to look in a mirror for once. Something about my eyes.
So when I got home, I looked...and it didn't look like me at all. I don't know what happened or when, but my eyes didn't look like eyes anymore. They were kind of like those pictures of stars you see on calendars or on the internet. I don't know exactly how to describe it, but it was kind of like the night sky was inside my eyes. Am I creepy, Diary? Am I weird?

2/21/2062
Dear Diary,
I still don't know anything about these "new" eyes I have. I asked Dad about them, but he said he'd never seen anything like it before. He took me to a doctor, and
the doctor doesn't know anything about it either. Everyone at school avoids me now. Not even ****** and ***** talk to me anymore. Only the teachers talk to me. I don't get it, Diary. I'm still the same. I haven't changed, I just look different. How come everybody hates me now, Diary?

3/10/2062
Dear Diary,
I've decided that I don't think I care anymore. I don't care if everyone hates me, or pretends not to notice me. If they won't notice me, I'll make them notice me!
I'm not very athletic, but my teachers tell me I'm good at math. So I want to be at the top of the class every time. I want everyone to see that I can do it too.
Then they'll see.

6/27/2062
Dear Diary,
Today I finished my first year of high school. It seems even getting top grades won't make anybody notice me, but I think I'm ok with that now. I don't mind being in the back of the class, or sitting by myself quietly in the library. The weird looks from people were getting annoying though, so I'm glad summer vacation is starting today. Dad might be going on another business trip, so there's that to look forward to too.

8/15/2062
Dear Diary,
I think I finally know what these eyes do now. I went with Dad on his business trip, and fell asleep again, as usual. I remember him telling me that the destination was a surprise. But when I woke up and I looked out the window, I noticed something. When I looked at the stars...I knew we were in New York. I even knew the exact coordinates, and I still remember them. (40?46′38.1″N 073?52′21.4″W) I think my eyes are a kind of map. When I see stars, I see the numbers. I don't know how I see them, but I see them. I even knew what time it was (2AM) in New York, and the current time in every other timezone. It's like I can see the entire world in the stars, and I know exactly where I am on it, all the time. It scared me, Diary. When I asked Dad why we were in New York, he looked surprised. I haven't told him yet. I think he'd just think I'm creepy too.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2010, 02:26:47 AM by Sana »

Alfred F. Jones

• Estamos orgullosos del Batall?n Lincoln
  • y de la lucha que hizo por Madrid
Re: Untitled.txt
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2010, 12:40:28 AM »
Peer pressure is a wonderful thing. :3

Also, if you don't give it a better title, I will edit your first post and call it Spice World. You know I will.

Re: Untitled.txt
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2010, 12:41:39 AM »
I have no idea why it took me until the last paragraph to figure out who's diary it was.

I LIKE CURRY

Alfred F. Jones

• Estamos orgullosos del Batall?n Lincoln
  • y de la lucha que hizo por Madrid
Re: Spice World
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2010, 12:46:09 AM »
Well then.

:3

(Seriously, this is a promising story, leaving it untitled makes me sad :()

Chaore

• Kai Ni Recipient Many Years Late
  • You Finally Did It, Kadokawa.
Re: Spice World
« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2010, 12:56:37 AM »
so

renko is now renkospice?

Sana

• Good gravy!
Re: I LIKE CURRY :)
« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2010, 01:21:08 AM »
Temporary new title until I think of something more imaginative. :V

« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2010, 01:39:04 AM »
SanaGotFingered.txt?

Kuma

• Charismatic grizzly bear
  • 熊 熊 熊
« Reply #7 on: March 22, 2010, 05:05:58 AM »
When does Renko discover she's a lesbian?
Wotters gonna' wot

♛ Apher-Forte

• Am I to go home...or shall I stay alone?
  • Forever lost at sea, a distant bell rings for me
    • Himitsu's NSFW Blog ~ contains NSFW material
« Reply #8 on: March 22, 2010, 05:53:33 AM »
I think I would love this  alot

it is like Renko's Diary: a Renko Origins.
  <-- my artwork thread, click me!
[ Find my cosplay photos here. ] OMG I HAVE TUMBLR FOLLOW PLZX Will You Remember Me... ?

nintendonut888

• So those that live now, pledge on your fists and souls
  • Leave a sign of your life, no matter how small...
« Reply #9 on: March 22, 2010, 07:18:05 AM »
I LIKE CURRY TOO. :)

Unique writing. I wanna see where this is going.
nintendonut888: Hey Baity. I beat the high score for Sanae B hard on the score.dat you sent me. X3
Baity: For a moment, I thought you broke 1.1billion. Upon looking at my score.dat, I can assume that you destroyed the score that is my failed (first!) 1cc attempt on my first day of playing. Congratulations.

[19:42] <Sapz> I think that's the only time I've ever seen a suicide bullet shoot its own suicide bullet

« Reply #10 on: March 22, 2010, 07:44:41 AM »
Hmm, a bunch of non-standard-format stories have been showing up lately!

And yeah, I didn't realize it was Renko until late either. Partly because of the timestamp -- I'm used to Renko and Maribel being in the nearer future than that.

Only two or three years until the end of the 60-year cycle that began in PoFV, too ...

Solais

• Developer fairy
  • is working for a game developer now.
« Reply #11 on: March 22, 2010, 10:04:22 AM »
* Solais renkos Sana.
:V

Jana

• mrgrgr
Re: Dear Diary
« Reply #12 on: March 22, 2010, 03:49:19 PM »
Sana is a writer~ Keep it up!

Dead Princess Sakana

• E is for Elodie, who swims with the fishes.
« Reply #13 on: March 22, 2010, 03:53:32 PM »
Three name changes for this since it's started?
Be glad it wasn't liberated~ yet, or else you'd have pissed off the Librarians who have to change the Listing everytime :V

Sana

• Good gravy!
« Reply #14 on: March 23, 2010, 03:19:21 PM »
New snippet. Also, curry is amazing. >:<

8/17/2062
Dear Diary,
I told Dad about everything yesterday. He took it really well, which surprised me. He even made a joke about how he would never have to buy me a watch. It made me feel a little better.
Actually, I don't really mind this new ability of mine. It's actually sort of interesting, being able to know where I am all the time. Anyway, after I told Dad, he took me to an observatory. It was just built a few years ago, so the equipment was top of the line. It's only supposed to be open to scientists and stuff, but I guess Dad pulled some strings or something.
I don't know why, but looking at the stars is really...calming. I don't know why it never occurred to me before. It's like you can look out there forever, and there'll still be stuff you didn't see before.

8/23/2062
Dear Diary,
I went to another meeting with Dad today. Just like last time, his associate brought his daughter with him. When I saw her, I noticed that her eyes were different too, but not like mine. My eyes are like the night sky, but hers are like some sort of pencil sketch. It's like the lines that the artist used to draw them were redrawn over and over again until they were thicker and more detailed than all the other lines. If I had to give it a name, I guess I'd call it a border inside her eyes.
Anyway, while the meeting was going on in another room, I decided to ask her for her name. It was really difficult to pronounce(my English isn't that great, I guess), so I just called her Mary. Apparently, she might be coming to Japan to study someday. We talked for a bit about ordinary stuff like what our parents do, and what kind of things we did in New York. Then I asked her if her eyes saw things too. She didn't seem to know what I was talking about. So I told her a bit about how I could read stars really well, and she just stared at me like I was crazy. After that, I dropped the topic. Luckily, Dad and his friend were finished with the meeting, so there was no awkward silence or anything. I was kind of hoping that she would be able to see things like I could, but I guess it was too much to hope for.

9/10/2062
Dear Diary,
I started my second year of high school today. It was just like it was last year, a whole lot of not talking and people avoiding me. I don't mind people not talking to me, but it gets really boring when the only people you talk to are teachers and your parents. Once I got back home though, my day started to pick up. It seems Dad noticed I enjoyed the trip to the observatory in New York, so he bought me a telescope. It wasn't top of the line, but I liked it just the same. It turns out there's a great view of the stars from my bedroom window. I guess living in a high-rise apartment building does have some perks.

2/14/2063
Ugh. I can't wait until high school is over with.

7/04/2063
Dear Diary,
Today Dad signed me up for music lessons without telling me. Apparently I need a "hobby" or something to keep me occupied. I already have a hobby though, unless stargazing suddenly doesn't count as a hobby anymore. I think this is his way of telling me to go join some clubs once school starts up again, but I know people will just talk about me like I'm some freak. Regardless, I went to the lesson anyway. It wasn't too bad, surprisingly enough. I guess I'll keep going, since it'll keep Dad happy.

Solais

• Developer fairy
  • is working for a game developer now.
« Reply #15 on: March 23, 2010, 03:40:55 PM »
Good, good, even though the school year starts in April in Japan. Just to nitpick. :V

Sana

• Good gravy!
« Reply #16 on: March 23, 2010, 04:09:29 PM »
In the future, Japan becomes much more friendly with foreigners, and changes their school system to conform with the North American/European school system! :V

nintendonut888

« Reply #17 on: March 23, 2010, 05:51:55 PM »
I was about to say what Solais did, but you already have an answer, so I'll just say keep up the good work. :S
nintendonut888: Hey Baity. I beat the high score for Sanae B hard on the score.dat you sent me. X3
Baity: For a moment, I thought you broke 1.1billion. Upon looking at my score.dat, I can assume that you destroyed the score that is my failed (first!) 1cc attempt on my first day of playing. Congratulations.

[19:42] <Sapz> I think that's the only time I've ever seen a suicide bullet shoot its own suicide bullet

« Reply #18 on: March 23, 2010, 06:02:38 PM »
Yeah, you can get away with anythign[sic] by setting the story in da fuschia!

Ackman

• an adorable revolution
« Reply #19 on: March 23, 2010, 06:05:13 PM »
Not really a fan of Renko &c, but this is a pretty nice story.
Do you know what the Bunbunmaru never reports on the murder of fairies?

Because it's not news.

Esifex

• Though the sun may set
  • It shall rise again
« Reply #20 on: March 23, 2010, 11:14:19 PM »
2/14/2063
Ugh. I can't wait until high school is over with.

Valentine's Day is truly the bane of every single person.

Also, I like Sana's avatar. It looks silly and cute in an adorable way.

Manly Score Minus Five Points

Sana

• Good gravy!
« Reply #21 on: April 02, 2010, 02:40:38 PM »
Updating with a new snippet. IT'S EXAM TIME NOW OH NO D:

9/10/2064
Dear Diary,
It's my last year of high school, finally. Maybe once I get into university we'll actually study interesting things. Right now it's just easy maths and subjects I'm horrible at like history. Physics and Math are the only subjects worth going to school for, in my opinion. When am I ever going to have to write essays about books I'll never read again, or recite "important" historical dates? Sure, stuff like the moon landing are pretty big events, but memorizing the dates doesn't mean anything! I'm far more interested in how we managed to get up there in the first place.

1/23/2065
Dear Diary,
Today we were sent our applications out to all the universities we want to go to, but I already know where I want to go. Kyoto University has the best math and physics programs in all of Japan, but I hear it's hard to get in. My marks are pretty good though, so I'm not too worried.

4/14/2065
Dear Diary,
Great news! My application to Kyoto University was accepted! This September, I'll officially be a Super Unified Physics student! I haven't been in such a good mood for a while, Diary. Dad is planning to take me out to celebrate, but he said he wouldn't tell me where we were going until we got there. I hope we get to go to an observatory again!

6/27/2065
Dear Diary,
I'VE FINALLY GRADUATED HIGH SCHOOL! Finally! I'm so glad I won't have to go back there again, classes in high school were so boring. Dad couldn't make it to the graduation ceremony, but it's okay. We had a good enough celebration party once he got back anyway. He took me to my favourite restaurant, and I got to order anything I wanted. He also got me a replacement lens for my telescope, and some spending money!
Afterwards, he took me to go visit Mom, which was kind of surprising. It's been a while since we've visited her. Maybe I'm crazy, but visiting Mom is still kind of uncomfortable for me. I think I just really don't like graveyards.

*Insert dramatic music here*

♛ Apher-Forte

• Am I to go home...or shall I stay alone?
  • Forever lost at sea, a distant bell rings for me
    • Himitsu's NSFW Blog ~ contains NSFW material
« Reply #22 on: April 02, 2010, 04:19:59 PM »
damn, that bit sorta stung.
  <-- my artwork thread, click me!
[ Find my cosplay photos here. ] OMG I HAVE TUMBLR FOLLOW PLZX Will You Remember Me... ?

Tengukami

• Breaking news. Any season.
  • I said, with a posed look.
« Reply #23 on: April 02, 2010, 04:51:41 PM »
Kinda figured mom was no longer with this world by now.

I really like these. Renko is fleshing out into a more multifaceted person. It's made me care more about her.

"Human history and growth are both linked closely to strife. Without conflict, humanity would have no impetus for growth. When humans are satisfied with their present condition, they may as well give up on life."

« Reply #24 on: April 02, 2010, 06:06:43 PM »
This September, I'll officially be a Super Unified Physics student!
SUP, Renko.

Rikter

• VVVVVVVVVVVVVVV
  • AAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
« Reply #25 on: April 02, 2010, 10:30:10 PM »
Now you saying "I LIKE CURRY :)" on IRC makes sense. I'll be sure to give it a closer read later.

Also I like how "Dear" was mispelt in the early entrys.

Sana

• Good gravy!
« Reply #26 on: April 08, 2010, 06:42:50 PM »
7/16/2065
Dear Diary,
Today my dad came back from a short business trip, but for some reason that girl I met a few years ago came back with him. Apparently she's going to be staying with us for quite a while. From what I've heard, she's going to Kyoto university too. I don't really understand why she'd come to Japan though. Is university in Europe not good enough or something? Anyway, since we don't have a guest bedroom, we have to share rooms together. I guess it's just another thing I'll have to get used to.

7/20/2065
Dear Diary,
In my excitement to finish high school, it seems I had forgotten something very important about summer vacation: IT'S SO BORING. I've never been so bored in my life. And it's so hot! I need something to do or else I'm going to die of boredom. I can stargaze at night, but what am I supposed to do before then? Talk to Mary about stupid things like clothes or boys? And I don't even have music lessons anymore either, after I lost interest in practicing and such. I really hope Dad's planning on going on a trip or something soon, if it weren't for the internet I'd probably be dead by now.

7/28/2065
Dear Diary,
Looks like my wish came true. Dad is planning on taking us to Kyoto for a few days so we can see the university for ourselves and maybe do some sightseeing. Better yet, we're taking one of the new bullet trains, the ones with the kaleidoscreens. I hear the scenery they display looks amazing but I've never actually seen them myself. It's a shame we won't be travelling at night though. I prefer doing things at night a lot more than during the day.

8/05/2065
Dear Diary,
We arrived in Kyoto today. It turns out the kaleidoscreens are just as good as I hear they are. It's pretty hard to believe all the scenery is computer generated. Anyway, Kyoto's a pretty nice place. I don't think I'll mind studying here. It's kind of busy so there's lots of noise sometimes, but that's the price you pay for education I guess. Tomorrow we're supposed to be going sightseeing, so looking at old shrines and things like that. I'm not really looking forward to it, but it might be interesting. Just because it's old doesn't mean it's boring, after all.

For some reason, when I re-read all the stuff I wrote, it just sounds like Renko angsting about everything. I am ashamed of myself. :<

« Reply #27 on: April 08, 2010, 08:07:02 PM »
Mm, it didn't seem that bad. And this is me talking. ;)

nintendonut888

« Reply #28 on: April 09, 2010, 12:07:43 AM »
if it weren't for the internet I'd probably be dead by now.

Story of my life.

Esifex

• Though the sun may set
  • It shall rise again
« Reply #29 on: April 09, 2010, 12:12:16 AM »
For some reason, when I re-read all the stuff I wrote, it just sounds like Renko angsting about everything. I am ashamed of myself. :<

Isn't that what most people do with diaries? Bitch about daily life? These are the places where you say your true feelings, and genuinely happy people wouldn't feel the need to hide their emotions from public eye - and thus not need to write in a diary when they could just say what they feel.