Author Topic: Chen's Day Out! >:3  (Read 151687 times)

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
Re: Chen's Day Out! >:3
« Reply #60 on: March 19, 2010, 04:36:36 AM »
>"Well, what have you found out, then? Just what you told me?"

Chaore

• Kai Ni Recipient Many Years Late
  • You Finally Did It, Kadokawa.
« Reply #61 on: March 19, 2010, 04:41:19 AM »
>"Well, what have you found out, then? Just what you told me?"

"I've not really told you much, really. If you want, I can lay out the grounds to the truth I have found. Likely, however, it will end up difficult to comprehend in the end."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #62 on: March 19, 2010, 04:47:37 AM »
"I've not really told you much, really. If you want, I can lay out the grounds to the truth I have found. Likely, however, it will end up difficult to comprehend in the end."

>"Well, I'll have to figure it out sooner or later. Let's hear it."
>Try not to express skepticism, but this is Nue we're talking about.

OkashiiKisei

• Still working on the Grimoire
  • It's all about devotion
« Reply #63 on: March 19, 2010, 02:43:29 PM »
> Don't take everything she'll tell seriously. Some of it might be true, but (like I pointed out earlier with that Yukari memory thing) she doesn't have all her facts straight. There might be more that isn't entirely correct.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2010, 07:25:13 PM by OkashiiKisei »

Chaore

« Reply #64 on: March 19, 2010, 08:32:03 PM »
>"Well, I'll have to figure it out sooner or later. Let's hear it."
>Try not to express skepticism, but this is Nue we're talking about.

> Don't take everything she'll tell seriously. Some of it might be true, but (like I pointed out earlier with that Yukari memory thing) she doesn't have all her facts straight. There might be more that isn't entirely correct.

You'll take this all with a grain of salt.

Nue begins. "The first thing I gathered up about the incident is the order of conflicts. The battles stand as Scarlet Devil Mansion to Moriya Shrine to Underground to Eientei to Kourindou to Hakurei Shrine. However, there were other minor conflicts. Yuka vs. Yukari occured after the Scarlet Devil Mansion and before Moriya. Medicine was found around the underground, however... After some things, I've found she was killed before any of the battles. The human village, of course, was hidden around Eientei's downfall.

On top of this, I've confirmed Heaven was left untouched. They didn't even know about what happened. Makai and similarly, the moon capital, weren't affected in anyway. I've also made sure nothing happened to people outside the barrier by her hand. So. This act was pretty much malevolent to solely, Gensokyo.

This all, however, is a contradiction to one part that is presumed about the incident. Have you guessed how, Chen?"

You think Nue is testing you for some reason, but it seems pretty easy to tell what she happens to be getting at here.

OkashiiKisei

« Reply #65 on: March 19, 2010, 09:06:50 PM »
> "Well, it has been quite malevolent to the outside world too. Mages are now warring with each other over the released magic from Gensokyo."
> "And it's obvious Heaven, Makai and the Lunar Capital were left untouched. Yukari may be strong, but she doesn't stand a chance against the full force of any of those worlds, in which each resident rivals Yukari in power."
> "And can't see what is contradicting though..."

EDIT: > "We did find a red piece of cloth that caused the water sources to take on a sickly color. Perhaps it's from Medicine? And it got there when she got blasted apart?"
« Last Edit: March 19, 2010, 09:14:17 PM by OkashiiKisei »

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #66 on: March 19, 2010, 09:10:19 PM »
>Since apparently Medicine died first, wonder if she had poisoned Yukari with something which is why she went batshit insane on Gensokyo.
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

Chaore

« Reply #67 on: March 19, 2010, 10:39:16 PM »
> "Well, it has been quite malevolent to the outside world too. Mages are now warring with each other over the released magic from Gensokyo."
> "And it's obvious Heaven, Makai and the Lunar Capital were left untouched. Yukari may be strong, but she doesn't stand a chance against the full force of any of those worlds, in which each resident rivals Yukari in power."
> "And can't see what is contradicting though..."

EDIT: > "We did find a red piece of cloth that caused the water sources to take on a sickly color. Perhaps it's from Medicine? And it got there when she got blasted apart?"

"As for that piece of information, its jumping ahead a bit. The Lunar capital I may have to surrender about, it is still a place I would imagine Yukari would want to destroy most, rather than the world she created. Makai and Heaven are also technically part of gensokyo, but there is something different than them that caused them to not be targeted, and I assure you a power difference isn't that.

That red piece of cloth is unrelated to Medicine... That I'll have to look into, though."

>Since apparently Medicine died first, wonder if she had poisoned Yukari with something which is why she went batshit insane on Gensokyo.

A possibility... But you think it may be both over estimating Medicine and putting Yukari into a bit of an idiot ball.

"C'mon Chen. Think a bit. What isn't right with the concept of Yukari going nuts and deciding to kill everyone with this situation?"

OkashiiKisei

« Reply #68 on: March 19, 2010, 11:34:01 PM »
> "Well, she originally made a vow to protect everyone in this land. She created it afterall to ensure the existence of magic."

Kasu

• Small medium at large.
  • This soup has an explosive flavour!
« Reply #69 on: March 20, 2010, 12:15:23 AM »
> "Would it be the fact that she manipulated me into kill some of the residents rather than kill them herself?"

Apparently, Thomas the Tank Engine isn't one to take crap from anyone.

Kuma

• Charismatic grizzly bear
  • 熊 熊 熊
« Reply #70 on: March 20, 2010, 02:04:46 AM »
> is it Ok to tell Nue that Yukari is alive?
Wotters gonna' wot

Chaore

« Reply #71 on: March 20, 2010, 02:13:37 AM »
> "Well, she originally made a vow to protect everyone in this land. She created it afterall to ensure the existence of magic."

"Yes, but thats in line with the current explanation. Let me try to make it clearer, with the current explanation for her behavior, there is a 'flaw'."

> "Would it be the fact that she manipulated me into kill some of the residents rather than kill them herself?"

"Well... Possibly under the same thing I'm trying to say, but not entirely there."

> is it Ok to tell Nue that Yukari is alive?

You're...not really sure. What the hell would she do if she knew that?

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #72 on: March 20, 2010, 02:31:25 AM »
>"What I've been thinking was that she was destroying all the other major power blocs in the wake of Reimu's death. Byakuren, Remilia, the goddesses, the Palace of the Earth Spirits, Eientei. I've been suspecting she might have been trying to stop any one of them from taking over in the wake of Reimu's death, or just making a big messy war. There's been no actual proof, though."
« Last Edit: March 20, 2010, 02:45:07 AM by Doctor Purvis MFD »

OkashiiKisei

« Reply #73 on: March 20, 2010, 02:39:44 AM »
> "Well, we can't be really sure Yukari killed Medicine... Lately, there's this abomination hiding inside an endless pit in the Underground. It could've destroyed Medicine while it crawled it's way into that pit."
> "Yukari appears to have mainly killed (or weakened in Yuuka's case) the Gensokyo top. Each of these figures have caused a large incident, more often than not involving the domination of Gensokyo. Perhaps Yukari dealt with trhe competition over Gensokyo's 'rulership'. But then why would she kill Reimu, the one who had defeated everyone in the Gensokyo top before and saved Gensokyo several times? She was practically Yukari's most important 'servant'."

Kuma

• Charismatic grizzly bear
  • 熊 熊 熊
« Reply #74 on: March 20, 2010, 02:58:58 AM »
> "Yukari doesn't act like that. and people don't just snap like that, there was no reason for her to act crazy... She was affected by the parasite!"
Wotters gonna' wot

Chaore

« Reply #75 on: March 20, 2010, 03:07:11 AM »
>"What I've been thinking was that she was destroying all the other major power blocs in the wake of Reimu's death. Byakuren, Remilia, the goddesses, the Palace of the Earth Spirits, Eientei. I've been suspecting she might have been trying to stop any one of them from taking over in the wake of Reimu's death, or just making a big messy war. There's been no actual proof, though."

Nue nods, smiling. "That is a part of what I came to. This was an action to remove the power base of Gensokyo, aiming for the strongest. The cream of the crop."

> "Well, we can't be really sure Yukari killed Medicine... Lately, there's this abomination hiding inside an endless pit in the Underground. It could've destroyed Medicine while it crawled it's way into that pit."
> "Yukari appears to have mainly killed (or weakened in Yuuka's case) the Gensokyo top. Each of these figures have caused a large incident, more often than not involving the domination of Gensokyo. Perhaps Yukari dealt with trhe competition over Gensokyo's 'rulership'. But then why would she kill Reimu, the one who had defeated everyone in the Gensokyo top before and saved Gensokyo several times? She was practically Yukari's most important 'servant'."

"I'm certain that she killed medicine, that thing in the pit is underground, remember? Medicine hasn't been underground, and she certainly isn't near the entrance to the underground.

Theres the issue. There is an odd three out. Rinnosuke, who is a shopkeeper, Reimu, who is a decidedly different brand than the rest, though this could be from her attacking Yukari to stop the incident, and most importantly, Medicine. Who is neither a part of Gensokyo's 'power block', or malevolent past the verbal stage.

On top of that, there is an issue with 'why' she specifically takes out the power block of gensokyo, deliberately weakening Gensokyo."

> "Yukari doesn't act like that. and people don't just snap like that, there was no reason for her to act crazy... She was affected by the parasite!"

"Bingo, there was a factor that caused her to do this. Say... Manipulated her into causing the incident. You've seen this suspect parasite, so can you describe it's affects?"

OkashiiKisei

« Reply #76 on: March 20, 2010, 03:30:00 AM »
> "It makes one act like a mad man, and trying their best to cause chaos and despair. Kisume and Yukari went on a gruesome rampage of death and destruction, while Keine made a calculated plan to let the awful human sorcerors inside Gensokyo and let all youkaihood go instinct. Keine and Kisume's powers were also vastly increased."

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #77 on: March 20, 2010, 12:51:41 PM »
>"Patchouli and Hina are researching a trapped parasite I managed to get; I was hoping to find a way to test Yukari for it. Preferably a way that doesn't wake her up."
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

Thaws

• _m廿廿m_
« Reply #78 on: March 20, 2010, 04:10:55 PM »
>"Patchouli and Hina are researching a trapped parasite I managed to get; I was hoping to find a way to test Yukari for it. Preferably a way that doesn't wake her up."

>Wait, Nue (probably) doesn't know Yukari is alive, are we sure we're telling her this?

>What was the reasoning for keeping Yukari's alive a secret anyways, aren't we trying to get her killed? Or will that drive everyone crazy, panic and stuff?

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #79 on: March 20, 2010, 04:12:14 PM »
>Wait, Nue (probably) doesn't know Yukari is alive, are we sure we're telling her this?
>asdkflhdsa oops, I forgot. In what I said, replace "Yukari" with "someone".

Chaore

« Reply #80 on: March 20, 2010, 05:18:43 PM »
> "It makes one act like a mad man, and trying their best to cause chaos and despair. Kisume and Yukari went on a gruesome rampage of death and destruction, while Keine made a calculated plan to let the awful human sorcerors inside Gensokyo and let all youkaihood go instinct. Keine and Kisume's powers were also vastly increased."

Nue nods slowly, huhming. "...Its somewhat as I suspected, saying this is the cause wouldn't be far fetched. Then... You should probably be able to guess the truth without any other information, as it stands."

>asdkflhdsa oops, I forgot. In what I said, replace "Yukari" with "someone".

"I see, so thats why the Curse Goddess is here... I might not say it would be wise to expect that much from them, if you're already having to research it. Whoever made it probably took many precautions."

>What was the reasoning for keeping Yukari's alive a secret anyways, aren't we trying to get her killed? Or will that drive everyone crazy, panic and stuff?

You're fairly sure the panic would be bad on a global scale, and could lead to something worse.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #81 on: March 20, 2010, 08:00:55 PM »
>"So what else have you figured out?"

Chaore

« Reply #82 on: March 20, 2010, 08:41:56 PM »
>"So what else have you figured out?"

"...Whoever, or whatever, made the parasite is still in Gensokyo. I'm not able to find them, however, I'd suspect they're probably stuck close to the border."

Kasu

• Small medium at large.
  • This soup has an explosive flavour!
« Reply #83 on: March 20, 2010, 08:47:33 PM »
> "The border eh?"
> Ponder connection to this person and the pit in the Underground.
> "Do you think its someone we know?"
> Ponder blaming Meira.

Apparently, Thomas the Tank Engine isn't one to take crap from anyone.

OkashiiKisei

« Reply #84 on: March 20, 2010, 08:55:27 PM »
> Ponder blaming Giygas the pit horror.

Chaore

« Reply #85 on: March 20, 2010, 09:23:06 PM »
> "The border eh?"
> Ponder connection to this person and the pit in the Underground.
> "Do you think its someone we know?"
> Ponder blaming Meira.

Its possible. But extremely frightening.

Nue nods to your questions. "No, I don't think its anyone we know. It doesn't seem impossible it could be, but... I'm almost certain whoever it is, they're from the outside. They're the group that has the most to gain from these actions."

OkashiiKisei

« Reply #86 on: March 20, 2010, 09:25:51 PM »
> "Do you think I can take them, or do I need reinforcements?"
> "These guys will probably go for Aokami now...we need to protect her!"

Chaore

« Reply #87 on: March 20, 2010, 09:31:10 PM »
> "Do you think I can take them, or do I need reinforcements?"
> "These guys will probably go for Aokami now...we need to protect her!"

Nue shrugs. "Also a null tell. From what I can tell, they're definitely no piece of cake to take down. These parasites are capable of infection of nearly anyone in gensokyo, which is a feat that can't be easy, suggesting they're pretty skilled with curses, and moderately strong. At the same time, they were also afraid of the others, so they're somewhere below them, or certainly unable to take multiple people of their level on at once."

Nue ponders on your last statement, before nodding. "Definitely. Who've you got with here right now?"

OkashiiKisei

« Reply #88 on: March 20, 2010, 09:51:10 PM »
> "Genji the Turtle and Mokou the Immortal..."

Chaore

« Reply #89 on: March 20, 2010, 09:53:37 PM »
> "Genji the Turtle and Mokou the Immortal..."

"We should consider her safe for the time being, then. Well I am not certain as to the turtle's assets, the immortal should be able to keep her safe, at the very least."