Author Topic: Chen's Day Out! >:3  (Read 150496 times)

Chaore

• Kai Ni Recipient Many Years Late
  • You Finally Did It, Kadokawa.
Chen's Day Out! >:3
« on: March 16, 2010, 05:15:19 AM »
You are CHEN YAKUMO, and today has not been the best day off you could ask for. Your endeavors have consisted of craziness such as being on the stand of an admittedly fake trial, getting shot down by Marisa, who still wants you dead, getting into a massive brawl with the Tengu, and being attacked by a land shark of all abominations.

Needless to say, you've obviously made the best of these instances.

>Your inventory contains:
>Reisen's Old Clothing [Worn]
You're not sure how long Tewi had this hidden, but its not dirty or anything. It's Reisen's classic look.
>Familiar Pentagram [THE ROC]
A pentagram used to contain familiars, while it seems cruel, its actually the equivalent of a 5 star hotel in there.
>Familiar Topaz [YUMIGAMI]
An Topaz cut into a carrot shape, you're not sure how it is in there, but you're sure it must be perfectly comfortable.
>Frog Pin [Worn] [BROKEN]
A slightly Soggy Pin that Sanae treasured.
>SPACE Cape [Worn] [Unremovable]
Its a cape that appears to have space on the inside
>Broken Sword
Half a sword Meira used.
>Nyamune [Using]
Your trusty sword, it is a lot heavier than most other swords around here.
>Length Band
A band that goes to any length, so long as you can reach it.
>Red-Glass Mirror
A mirror completely turned red. It's not a good reflection for color, but good for just reflecting. Its handle is made of red-glass, hence the name.
>Silver Knives [Pair]
A pair of Silver Knives that Sakuya once used, besides the fact silver is a material well-known for its ability to conduct and counter magic, you think there isn't much magic in these anymore.
>Red Strip of Cloth [Important?]
A strip of Red cloth that Mackette's contract used to be in, you feel like you've seen it before...
>Knife Hilt [SEPERATION]
The knife hilt that used to house Seperation's blade, you can use it to call Seperation to your aid.
>Familiar Orb [MACKETTE]
A small crystalline orb, you're not sure if it is a proper container for a contract, but it seems to work well.
>Familiar Sculpture [RYUDAN]
A jade carving of a scale, You figure this one has to be a fancy palace inside, fit for a dragon.
>Higan Stone
A stone that will transport you across the Higan river from anywhere. Seems to vanish every now and then.
>Cybele Gem
A gem approximately the size and shape of a human eye, it is an amethyst with a hollow square inside. You don't imagine it was naturally made. There is a strong enchantment left inside of the gem.
>Familiar Combinae
You've heard of these, often considered a dark art as far as familiar-crafts go. It'll combine the traits of two items to summon or alter a familiar. The cost is usually heavy for the user, and you're not always guaranteed the familiar will HELP you.

>Your current Quests are:

>The Oni Blues
Suika is in a bit of a funk, Yuugi wants you to help her out of it. You talked to her about fixing what SHE messed up. She seems to at least be drinking and partying the hell out.

>Pit to Negative Infinity
The vertical tunnel Parsee used to guard has gone oddly endless. You're not sure why this is... You've learned something absolutely fucking frightening is down there.

>Axe Crazy Marisa
Marisa is currently very very mad with you. In fact, She wants you dead. You probably should fix this. You think this may have something to do with the fact you killed Reimu.

>Keine is a Bitch
Just throwing that out there.

>Green Parasites don't taste too good
There are some very odd curses flying around here. You've got one captured, and are having Patchy and Hina look into it.

>Everybody loves Flan
You've promised to find an umbrella or something related so Flandre can head out with you. Kogasa may have a few clues, but who would possibly know where shes at?

>Potted Yuka
Yuka is a sunflower. This is kind of detrimental to your plans. You're having Patchouli take a look at her.

>Solo Spoiler
Aya is out and about to her antics again, currently attempting to interview THE RAVEN. You're not sure how shes doing with that.

>Observations from the Inside
You've found a relatively undamaged part of the SDM, the observatory. You've learned that Demon appears to be sleeping in here? You're not sure about this place exactly...

You're currently in the SDM observatory. DEMON is here, apparently looking for something before Patchouli finds out. Or so you think, she is being rather vague about everything.

Quote from: Purvis
>Look around sleepworthy places, first.

You decide to check around the comfiest of couches, crouching down to glance under them. You don't notice anything. Demon takes back to the search as well.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
Re: Chen's Day Out! >:3
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2010, 05:44:11 AM »
>If it is without the limitations of KITTY VIM, lift up the couches the flip them onto their backs so as to expose their bottoms to the daylight tengu style

Spidere

• My magic finger will make your problems go away
  • But I'm an asshole, so you won't get any of it
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2010, 01:59:42 PM »
> Ponder what time of day it is now. We need to get home before Yukari wakes up.

Kasu

• Small medium at large.
  • This soup has an explosive flavour!
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2010, 02:00:09 PM »
> Estimate of how long until Yukari wakes up.

Apparently, Thomas the Tank Engine isn't one to take crap from anyone.

OkashiiKisei

• Still working on the Grimoire
  • It's all about devotion
« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2010, 02:24:51 PM »
> Ponder what time of day it is now. We need to get home before Yukari wakes up.

Well, I already asked that several times thoughout the game. Apparently Chaore just put a time lock on the CDO universe, so we don't have to worry about Yukari waking up. Atleast, until Chaore suddenly decides to screw us over and bring her in after all.

> Check under carpet/loose floor boards/loose tiles in case the X document slipped under it.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2010, 05:36:47 PM by OkashiiKisei »

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2010, 02:43:58 PM »
It's clearly daytime, silly!

Thata no Guykoro

• I ran out of good lines a while ago
  • It alllll makes sense now
« Reply #6 on: March 16, 2010, 03:26:12 PM »
>Recap

Chen

• Ruined my own appeal by being a dumbass
« Reply #7 on: March 16, 2010, 08:58:22 PM »
>Check if anyone is watching you.

Chaore

« Reply #8 on: March 16, 2010, 09:23:13 PM »
>If it is without the limitations of KITTY VIM, lift up the couches the flip them onto their backs so as to expose their bottoms to the daylight tengu style

You decide to use THE ROC instead. No need for heavy lifting. In short order, you lift them all and find nothing.

Still around the afternoon.

Heaven knows. You imagine until late tonight, at best.

Well, I already asked that several times thoughout the game. Apparently Chaore just put a time lock on the CDO universe, so we don't have to worry about Yukari waking up. Atleast, until Chaore suddenly decides to screw us over and bring her in after all.

> Check under carpet/loose floor boards/loose tiles in case the X document slipped under it.

You check under what you can, still finding nothing. How hard can it be to find one silly paper?

>Recap

>Please specify plotline to RECAP.

>Check if anyone is watching you.

Demon seems to be watching...you think, more than searching really.

Thata no Guykoro

« Reply #9 on: March 16, 2010, 09:29:01 PM »
>Recap: Thread 1
>Check behind all furniture, unless it's already been checked behind.

OkashiiKisei

« Reply #10 on: March 16, 2010, 10:14:48 PM »
> "Ummm.....Demon, I don't mean to be rude, but finding this thing willbgo faster if you helped searching...instead of just looking at me."

Chaore

« Reply #11 on: March 16, 2010, 10:24:46 PM »
>Recap: Thread 1
>Check behind all furniture, unless it's already been checked behind.

>Opening Recap pack THREAD 1.
>Subject begins journey. Subject identified as CHEN YAKUMO. Subject leaves 'CAVE' area, leaving YUKARI YAKUMO behind, presumably asleep. Arrives at crossroad of somewhere and nowhere. Leaves to SOMEWHERE. Subject arrives at the MISTY LAKE area. Meets with fairies. Proceed to the SCARLET DEVIL MANSION. Comes in contact with THE DEMON. ACQUIRES THE ROC. Subject heads to YOUKAI MOUNTAIN. Encounters the Tengu Guard Force. Battle ends with ONI YUUGI interfering. Subject is permitted into TENGU CITY. Subject meets with ONI SUIKA. Subject heads to MORIYA SHRINE. ACQUIRES FROG PIN. Subject proceeds to Underground. Encounters SPIDER HORDE and KISUME. Comes to peaceful delegation, and afterward meets with YAMAME. Continues to THE POOL ROOM. Encounters MACKETTE THE KNIFE, also known as the LAND SHARK. Defeats and traps. Heads to BAMBOO FOREST. Meets with TEWI INABA. ACQUIRES REISEN'S OLD CLOTHING. Subject heads to HAKUREI SHRINE. Regroups and returns. Encounters MEIRA, also known as THE WEAKEST LINK. Flees, barely escaping her trump card. Subject gathers an army and commences the BATTLE FOR THE SHRINE. End result is victory. Collects spoils and heads for analysis by THE DEMON. Afterward, Returns to the shrine to meet with FUJIWARA NO MOKOU. Convinced to head for the forest. Encounters MARISA KIRISAME. Subject is beaten the crap out of. End THREAD 1 PACK.

You check behind all the furniture again. Still nothing. You even check around the telescope.

> "Ummm.....Demon, I don't mean to be rude, but finding this thing willbgo faster if you helped searching...instead of just looking at me."

"Oh. Right." She seems to start looking harder now, perhaps embarrassed, but still seemingly fairly...emotionless.

OkashiiKisei

« Reply #12 on: March 16, 2010, 10:30:19 PM »
> Check IN the telescope. (There might be openings in it, or you can smash it open if there's no other choice)

Kuma

• Charismatic grizzly bear
  • 熊 熊 熊
« Reply #13 on: March 16, 2010, 10:48:06 PM »
> DO NOT SMASH TELESCOPE, THAT IS HORRIBLE

> Recap most recent plotline
Wotters gonna' wot

Chaore

« Reply #14 on: March 16, 2010, 11:30:02 PM »
> Check IN the telescope. (There might be openings in it, or you can smash it open if there's no other choice)

You unscrew the lens and pass it to THE ROC, and check inside. Nothing.

> DO NOT SMASH TELESCOPE, THAT IS HORRIBLE

> Recap most recent plotline

You didn't, though!

>RECAP: AYA SHAMEIMARU AND THE MYSTERIOUS RAVEN.
Subject and AYA SHAMEIMARU meet in the restaurant of MYSTIA LORELEI. The two discuss THE RAVEN over drinks. THE RAVEN appears to have the capabilities of creating an ANTI-MAGIC FIELD, unknown if WORD: ANTI-MAGIC is subject's power. Confirmation of 'ANTI-MAGIC' itself also unverified, so chances are low. Likely, there is a trick to the DEAD ZONE. Perhaps feed information to Subject later. DEAD ZONE approached by Subject and Shameimaru. Trap density is too much even for two youkai in the higher echelons of speed. Subject leaves case as for now.

Kasu

• Small medium at large.
  • This soup has an explosive flavour!
« Reply #15 on: March 17, 2010, 12:05:11 AM »
> Check if the paper is stuck to the wall or ceiling.

Apparently, Thomas the Tank Engine isn't one to take crap from anyone.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #16 on: March 17, 2010, 12:39:19 AM »
>"How sure are you that it's in here?"
>Go through all the papers scattered about. Just in case.
>Note interesting papers because snooping is fun~

Chaore

« Reply #17 on: March 17, 2010, 01:09:45 AM »
> Check if the paper is stuck to the wall or ceiling.

Nothin'.

>"How sure are you that it's in here?"
>Go through all the papers scattered about. Just in case.
>Note interesting papers because snooping is fun~

"Very certain! It can't be anywhere else, trust me!"

You can't help yourself, even if curiosity killed the cat... Sadly, all the papers are pretty boring...

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #18 on: March 17, 2010, 01:18:52 AM »
>Sort viewed through papers into a neat Looked At pile.
>Rifle through some drawers.
>See if Demon's still acting funky.

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #19 on: March 17, 2010, 01:19:56 AM »
>Could any of the floor be lifted and checked under? A carpet? Loose tiles?
>If yes, then do so.
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

Chaore

« Reply #20 on: March 17, 2010, 02:04:57 AM »
>Sort viewed through papers into a neat Looked At pile.
>Rifle through some drawers.
>See if Demon's still acting funky.

You make a pile to make things neat, going through the drawers for more papers.

Oh yeah. Definitely.

>Could any of the floor be lifted and checked under? A carpet? Loose tiles?
>If yes, then do so.

Possibly. But how in the world would someone LOSE a paper there?

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #21 on: March 17, 2010, 02:20:32 AM »
>"Hey, is something wrong? You seem to be a bit off all of a sudden."

Chaore

« Reply #22 on: March 17, 2010, 02:48:04 AM »
>"Hey, is something wrong? You seem to be a bit off all of a sudden."

"Nothing! Nothing." Again with the body not matching emotions...

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #23 on: March 17, 2010, 02:53:10 AM »
>"I've been living in a cave for the past few years, and even I can tell something's wrong. Don't worry, I'll keep it a secret. You'll feel better if you tell me."

Chaore

« Reply #24 on: March 17, 2010, 03:09:17 AM »
>"I've been living in a cave for the past few years, and even I can tell something's wrong. Don't worry, I'll keep it a secret. You'll feel better if you tell me."

"Well... Uh, I suppose this whole thing just really has me worried. I mean, bad things could happen if I don't find this paper."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #25 on: March 17, 2010, 03:15:40 AM »
>Get back to hunting. Check behind some other furnitures.
>"Like what?"

Thata no Guykoro

« Reply #26 on: March 17, 2010, 11:53:37 AM »
>Recap: Thread 2, plus Thread 3 except for most recent plotline.
>Turn off CAPS LOCK.

Thaws

• _m廿廿m_
« Reply #27 on: March 17, 2010, 03:36:43 PM »
>"Hey wait, Demon. Is this contract literally a piece of white paper or it's just some kind of metaphorical way or saying it?"

CK Crash

• boozer
« Reply #28 on: March 17, 2010, 06:34:52 PM »
> You have eaten Nazrin. Therefore you must have ingested some amount of SUPER NAZRIN FINDING POWERS. Use them to find the contract.

> Or, randomly ponder what happen if you used the combinae thing on your familiar half.

OkashiiKisei

« Reply #29 on: March 17, 2010, 06:45:27 PM »
> Summon Yumigami and see if his infinite wisdom/bunny sniffing can find the X thingy.