Author Topic: ITT: SA Normal Bawwing  (Read 14753 times)

Ghaleon

• Long twintail-o-holic
Re: ITT: SA Normal Bawwing
« Reply #30 on: June 04, 2009, 06:02:03 AM »
I had some SA questions if you guys don't mind.

On the sticky post bomb/shot analysis, it says reimu/yukari does 160damage/~760 (or something similar). How do I do 760 with her bomb? no matter what I do it always seems absolutely feeble. I've tried running into the boss while being the bomb but it didn't seem to improve my damage at all.

Also why is this the only Touhou where levels 2 and 3 are really damn hard after you feel confident about 4-6.. I swear to god, they never give me trouble, then as soon as I waste 2-3 hours practicing 4-6 over and over, and start the actual game, like 3 deaths on level 3.. whyyy. What did I do to you guys?!?! So then I practice level 3 twice, and neither time do I really have to bomb or die. Go back to the real game, dies on level 2. UGH.. same deal.

I've also been playing around with patchy spec. I find it's better for most trash once you get enough options, and while it's terrible at boss killing for most bosses, I find it's actually fairly decent at the hard bosses. On oren you can pretty much 1shot all her cards with a good bomb, and with water orbs out, you just kill all the yinyang thingies the 3rd boss summons. Satura is also easily bombed (not that you really need to, I do with philosipher's stone just in case). My biggest beef with patchy spec other than the long range damage potential being complete garbage is that the wood, metal, and earth elements just seem to get in the way. I understand wood is the best to stand inside the boss during invincibomb. but if you close range bomb the boss, it's so damn powerful that they will likely croak regardless of what element you are atm.

But I haven't managed to get a good try on the final boss with patchy spec, is he immune to bombs the whole fight? for just spellcards? or just the final spellcard (that's a given), any advice would be helpful. I'm not sure if it's worth using that spec even though I do much better with it only to find myself shot in the foot for what's the hardest fight for me still (I find the final boss harder than oren still..minus the super ghey misty mountain whatever bs spellcard of suck).

I tried reading your guide for hell and heaven meltdown, and I'm sorry, it just doesn't work worth a damn for me. I try to stay in a lane going up, then down, etc. But I only do worse when I do that, I have an easier time doing some weird up, left, down, up, down, right, up, down, left, type dance. Not like contract of whatever in pcb where you jump between lanes whilst staying in the laser circle thingie.

LHCling

• Metang@
  • ( 。゚ 3っ   )っ
« Reply #31 on: June 04, 2009, 06:15:39 AM »
On the sticky post bomb/shot analysis, it says reimu/yukari does 160damage/~760 (or something similar). How do I do 760 with her bomb? no matter what I do it always seems absolutely feeble. I've tried running into the boss while being the bomb but it didn't seem to improve my damage at all.
760 is when you ehh... "shotgun" (lol ReimuA) while you bomb. So you deal the base 108 damage, plus the damage from shooting.

Also why is this the only Touhou where levels 2 and 3 are really damn hard after you feel confident about 4-6.. I swear to god, they never give me trouble, then as soon as I waste 2-3 hours practicing 4-6 over and over, and start the actual game, like 3 deaths on level 3.. whyyy. What did I do to you guys?!?! So then I practice level 3 twice, and neither time do I really have to bomb or die. Go back to the real game, dies on level 2. UGH.. same deal.
Hm. That's interesting, maybe it's playstyle / preference.

For the record, I have the most trouble with Stage 1. Then Stages 6, 5, 3, 2, 4. Probably because I've had about 600 overall attempts at Stage 4 with pacifist.

But I haven't managed to get a good try on the final boss with patchy spec, is he immune to bombs the whole fight? for just spellcards? or just the final spellcard (that's a given), any advice would be helpful.
Most of the Spell Cards have rather high HP values.

I tried reading your guide for hell and heaven meltdown, and I'm sorry, it just doesn't work worth a damn for me. I try to stay in a lane going up, then down, etc. But I only do worse when I do that, I have an easier time doing some weird up, left, down, up, down, right, up, down, left, type dance. Not like contract of whatever in pcb where you jump between lanes whilst staying in the laser circle thingie.
If you find your combination of movements working better (which I have yet to discover a pattern by the way), then by all means, stick with it.
[16:25] <Kuruminut> Shut up MS Word, "fangirlism" is totally a word
<>
[07:59] <Sapz> ベーティさんは馬鹿っぽいだろう、この「っぽい」好き者

mark2000

« Reply #32 on: July 22, 2009, 07:21:38 AM »
Oooook......looks like my transition to a new game wasn't as smooth as I hoped it to be. Frankly, having a ton of crap thrown at me from the very first stage of Normal mode was a very big surprise. The ones who mentioned it were right though, there's a lot more focus on memorization here than previous games. While I sort of like that since my skills at random dodging are subpar compared to most people here, I find it there to be apparently less room for error in this game than usual. It feels like Stage 4 of both EoSD and PCB again were all the difficulties I had were all solved by simply memorizing the entire stage. In a way, they weren't essentially hard to begin with. They just looked hard because I was running in blind the entire time.

In short, I feel that this game simply requires more practice time than all the previous ones. I honestly don't have a problem with the shots and bombs being less powerful in this game too since I try my best to not rely on them for survival to begin with.

Also, I initially didn't expect the gameplay changes to be anywhere near significant in this game but boy was I wrong. The focus on grazing is just huge. To consider it as just some sort of reward bonus for better players like in previous games was alright but to make a game based around that one thing is just..........whoa...O_O Consider my dexterity (or lack of it) in controlling my character, this is a pretty big problem for me.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 14 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Screw this. I'm not making a new thread simply to make a "my reactions" post.

Heartbeam

« Reply #33 on: July 23, 2009, 01:59:04 AM »
With this on the front page anyway I wish to send my apologies to Ghaleon and any other readers for the misleading or vague information.  This definitely wasn't a 1CC-friendly walkthrough.