Author Topic: ※ Danmakufu Contest #5 ~ Who are these people? ※ Info thread  (Read 51845 times)

Johnny Walker

• Perdition Crisis~
My God.. I feel completely crushed by some scripters.
I want to play all entries -_-. C'mon Drake! Onthenet!

Videos y/n?

y

CK Crash

• boozer
Sorry, was busy helping terminally ill children (I'm such a horrible person). No seriously, I needed to get extra volunteer hours for my scholarship, and I'm literally volunteering even before I go to school. I'll still finish my script as a normal OTN boss eventually  :V

Nobu

• Serendipitous Youkai
  • i post while naked
    • My Tumblr
My God.. I feel completely crushed by some scripters.
I want to play all entries -_-. C'mon Drake! Onthenet!

When I downloaded your script last week, the power went out in my subdivision. Then when I started playing the script, rain started to fall and it got really windy. I'm not even joking, it was that awesome.

And the power stayed off the rest of the weekend. :<
Tumblr (sometimes NSFW) | PM for Facebook

Nobu

• Serendipitous Youkai
  • i post while naked
    • My Tumblr
Of all things to get on Youtube first.. :V

Best be crediting me for using my Rinno sprite :3c

Best be crediting me for using my Rinno sprite :3c
Read the credits file in my script :3

rghe45rjfgxn was first, if we must be technical

Actually I lied. That wasn't youuuutuuuube.

This is yoooouuuutuuuube

Helepolis

• Charisma!
  • O-ojousama!?
Good morning danmakufu addicts, just waking up I locked the threads and now will be downloading the entries together with Blargel and the Mystery Judge. How ever, the unknown judge will remain unknown until all the scripts has been handled.

We will do our best to make it swift so the results can be announced hopefully soon. In the mean while, enjoy each other's scripts (as most people seem to have doing so).

Kylesky

• *The Unknown*
  • Local Unbalanced Danmakufu Idiot Scripter
    • My useless youtube account... (will be useful in the future *I promise*)
just came back after being gone for a week and was actually surprised that the deadline was extended... I was expecting the results to be out by now :V, guess I'll have to wait for tomorrow...

Videos y/n?
yes please :]
Danmakufu Script Thread :V Latest Script: Intertwining Mechanical Intervention (temp name)

Yooooouuutuuuubeeee Channel Latest Video: Contest #8 Entry

Those bastards don't observe daylight savings time.

Videos y/n?

Only if you use my STG_Frame.png

EDIT:
For Normal Division

(I know I forgot rinnosuke, but the Cut-in was just an picture rather than a Cut-in, and I didn?t feel like cutting him out of there)Problem fixed...

For Lunatic Division

(A lot of Koakumas...)

I am wondering why some of the scripts didn?t come with cut-ins...
I know there is no "Title", but I didn?t know one to use besides "Who are these people?".
Might add it later...
« Last Edit: April 12, 2010, 08:54:23 PM by Danielu Yoshikoto »

DgBarca

• Umineko fuck yeah
  • Spoilers ?
For Lunatic Division

(A lot of Koakumas...)
It would fit perfectly with my last card :getdown:
[21:16] <redacted> dgbarca makes great work
[21:16] <redacted> i hope he'll make a full game once

Nobu

• Serendipitous Youkai
  • i post while naked
    • My Tumblr

(I know I forgot rinnosuke, but the Cut-in was just an picture rather than a Cut-in

What does this even mean? :|

What does this even mean? :|

crapcrapcrapcrapcrapcrapcrapcrapcrapcrapcrapcrapcrapcrapcrapcrapcrapcrapcrapcrap

I didn?t notice your rinnosuke...
through there was a script whice used a scaned picture of Rinnosuke.

Appearently I am an Idiot and mistook a file for another one.
Sorry... I will add him instantly!
« Last Edit: April 12, 2010, 08:03:19 PM by Danielu Yoshikoto »

Nobu

• Serendipitous Youkai
  • i post while naked
    • My Tumblr
Ah, it's alright. I was just confused what you meant by 'The cut-in was a picture and non a cut-in'. O_o Couldn't parse that at all.

Blargel

• RAWR!
  • I'M AN ANGRY LOLI!
Found time today so I'm going to try to finish judging everything in one day. :/
Normal Division first. Suikama's entry last (I don't even wanna know what the hell he did this time.)
<WorkingKeine> when i get home i just go to the ps3 and beat people up in blazblue with a loli
<Azure> Keine: Danmakufu helper by day, violent loli by night.

Nobu

• Serendipitous Youkai
  • i post while naked
    • My Tumblr
Found time today so I'm going to try to finish judging everything in one day. :/
Normal Division first. Suikama's entry last (I don't even wanna know what the hell he did this time.)

Trust me, even after you play it you'll still be wondering what the hell he did this time. :getdown:

Hey even I don't know what the hell I did :getdown:

Heyo~

Alright, here are the videos.

Video 1: Normal Entries Part 1
  • Bark - 0:01
  • Blue - 1:56
  • DennisLol - 3:59
  • Dr. Katz - 6:19
  • Furienify - 8:13

Video 2: Normal Entries Part 2
  • Nobu - 0:01
  • Pozeal - 1:29
  • Tyltalis - 3:28

Video 3: Lunatic Entries Part 1
  • DgBarca - 0:01
  • Patrick Alexander - 2:50
  • Furu - 3:38
  • Kylesky - 5:13
  • Johnny Walker - 6:36
  • Suikama - 9:11

Video 4: Lunatic Entries Part 2
  • Karanum - 0:01
  • Naut - 1:48
  • Nimble - 3:43
  • Ravenlock - 6:20
  • Stuffman - 7:43

I added music to any scripts that didn't come with any. I hope the authors don't mind.

Hope the judges finish their judging soon, best of luck to all contestants.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2010, 04:09:47 PM by Naut »

Double posting because commenting on entries is fuckawesome.

• I really liked the feel of Johnny Walker's entry. Really polished, great to play.
  • DgBarca's entry had my favorite attack, which was the curvy laser portion of Koakuma's Spirit Bomb thing. It was just beautiful, great work.
  • Stuffman's dialogue was hilarious and deserve's it's own video, I recommend everybody download his entry and go read all three dialogues for each player character (Reimu, Marisa and Sanae each get their own).
  • Pozeal had custom everything (sprites, bullets, backgrounds, maybe even music(??)), and that was badass! Great effort put into it.
  • I really liked the flower pattern Blue made for Lily, it's struck me well :V
  • Nobu's entry was well done for his first script ever! Hope to see more great work from him in the future.
  • Had a lot of fun dodging the second attack in Bark's entry.

Adding some comments from other people in case the authors of these scripts haven't seen them:
  • One of my buddies was watching me record some of these entries, and he said he really liked DennisLol's final attack.
  • Numerous comments on the "lol" factor of Suikama's entry, from Bananamatic, hado123 and a bunch of people on IRC.
  • "Katz's second attack is fucking awesome" ~ Stuffman
  • "I particularly liked how Akyu used the incidents themselves as inspiration for cards. It makes sense." ~ mstrswrd (in reference to Furienify's entry, who had the only Akyu script in that video)

There are a few other comments floating around on YouTube regarding the entries, though I haven't the slightest why anybody would post them there seeing as the authors of the scripts are unlikely to see them >: |

P♂ zeal

• Haha,
  • old chap
  • Pozeal had custom everything (sprites, bullets, backgrounds, maybe even music(??)), and that was badass! Great effort put into it.
Yeah, I made the music for my script. The only think that I hadnt made myself were the sound effects.

Goddammit I thought Furu's last card was a rotation card so it was total hell for me D:

Nobu

• Serendipitous Youkai
  • i post while naked
    • My Tumblr
Yeah, I made the music for my script. The only think that I hadnt made myself were the sound effects.

So I have you to blame for that damn addictive song? I still get it stuck in my head randomly since the day you posted the script. >:|

P♂ zeal

• Haha,
  • old chap
So I have you to blame for that damn addictive song? I still get it stuck in my head randomly since the day you posted the script. >:|
The boss theme, right?
Just as planned.
By the way it's called "Secluded one's shout~ a sort-of smile"
[/attentionhog]

Solais

• Developer fairy
  • is working for a game developer now.
And the Theme of Tokiko has born?

KomeijiKoishi

Are the judges still preparing?

Helepolis

• Charisma!
  • O-ojousama!?
Are the judges still preparing?
Unfortunate they are, our mystery judge and myself are having real life issues as well (school/work). Hopefully I will be able to announce it all tonight or tomorrow. Bit more patience please requested.

Edit:
I received the results from our Mystery Judge as well, that makes everything complete except for the presentation of the results. I will try to do this in a few hours as right now I really have to study for my exam first. But results will be available today in the 2nd post (Removed Iryan's post to connect the posts, couldn't find the "move down" function =(. Stay tuned.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2010, 06:59:56 AM by Helepolis »