Author Topic: 東方百画志 ~ The Wish Under Celestial Star (Possibly dead?!)  (Read 102610 times)

Ghaleon

• Long twintail-o-holic
Re: 東方百画志 ~ The Wish Under Celestial Star (1F BETA WHAT)
« Reply #360 on: March 17, 2012, 05:43:20 AM »
Yay, I was going to verbally abuse you via PMs but decided not to cuz I have too much gaming backlog as it is atm >=P.
I WILL make time to try out any future releases though.

Garlyle

• I can't brain today
  • I have the dumb
    • Tormod Plays Games
« Reply #361 on: March 17, 2012, 05:55:52 AM »
So...About how lucky am I to have gotten the Wyrmblood Drops?  Supposedly I'm lucky according to the person who generated em, but I'm just wondering if it's "a bit lucky" like 20% or so, or if it's "Hey, you're pretty lucky to have that!" like ~5-10%.

I love how I had issues and was actually a ridiculous level(I think like 9-10?) the first go I did of this, but this time through my party wasn't even all Level 7 yet and I didn't have ANY real trouble.  (Yet when I tried before everyone had hit 6, the boss steamrolled me.) 

So, you said the stuff for 2f is straightforward...Any ideas on wen it'll be done?  Would be cool(But obviously not required) to have a demo for each floor as it gets built.
Um... we'll have to see how long it takes!  It's straightforward in the sense that "I can basically checklist this in terms of stuff to develop", it's more a question of actually burning through it.  Eight hours of work probably half-completed about twenty minutes of gameplay?  I don't know @_@ We'll see how fast I can go.  Anyway.

Wyrmblood Drops are... apparently 1/100 from the enemy themselves?  That's not right :/
It is, however, a 4% chance off of the Lottery from Ellen and one of the more valuable items to get from it.
Soyeah.

I've also considered going back and remapping some of the first floor (Namely the first area of the forest so it's not as ridiculously obtuse/lose-yourself-able-in)... fortunately remapping is a lot faster to do than full on building a new area @_@

Tangrelle

• This is my book! It's still all weird though.
« Reply #362 on: March 18, 2012, 12:02:54 AM »
Ahahah, I really like this!

It's fun and exciting and the dialogue is very nice <3 I just finished up the demo and it was all-in-all quite exciting <3

Is there like, a defense stat at all, by the way? Or is that just calculated by the stat the attack would hit (i.e. Enemy uses magic attack, target's magic stat used to defend it?) And as for elemental resists/weakness, is it the higher the multiplier shown on the enemy data, the more damage it is? Thanks for answering <3

Other than that, I'm fairly certain you may already be aware, or it might just be in my game, but
Spoiler:
Tewi
doesn't have a Bomb under Defend. I wanted to look at all the defense options since I hadn't before and she was the only one in my team without a bomb. Is that intentional, I guess? Either way <3 There is that one, and then one where I lost to Yamame but the Extend wouldn't work. I used it but it said my party was dead and then brought me abck to the retry yes/no type sort of screen. Ahemhoo

I look forward to floor 2, as well as seeing certain characters like the TD cast at one point <3 Certain dynamics would be interesting, like if Miko used, say, Royal Clan's Chaotic Dance and the damage was based on Futo and Tojiko being around. That and Miko in general, I suppose, since she can see everyone's desires and wishes. Or ten of them. Something like that <3

That's probably a far way off anyway, but I have a bunch of time to wait <3
« Last Edit: March 18, 2012, 12:10:13 AM by Tangrelle »

Garlyle

• I can't brain today
  • I have the dumb
    • Tormod Plays Games
« Reply #363 on: March 18, 2012, 01:42:54 AM »
Certain dynamics would be interesting, like if Miko used, say, Royal Clan's Chaotic Dance and the damage was based on Futo and Tojiko being around
You will see stuff like this.  The Prismrivers, for instance, have a spell which essentially puts them into a support mode where their sisters will deal more damage; and characters like Yukari and Miko will have spells that have varied damage based on party composition.

That and Miko in general, I suppose, since she can see everyone's desires and wishes. Or ten of them. Something like that <3
oh my shit this didn't even occur to me until now.
Which is fine because I had no idea what I was going to do with Miko just yet.

Is there like, a defense stat at all, by the way? Or is that just calculated by the stat the attack would hit (i.e. Enemy uses magic attack, target's magic stat used to defend it?) And as for elemental resists/weakness, is it the higher the multiplier shown on the enemy data, the more damage it is? Thanks for answering <3
You use matching stats to defend as what the target uses to attack.  Characters who have a weak STR but don't use it for their spells, for instance, still are affected by it - they're in high danger from STR-based attacks since they have to use their STR to defend against it.
As for elements and status effects, the number displayed in the scan is a % - either the success rate for statuses, or the % damage it will deal for an elemental attack.

Other than that, I'm fairly certain you may already be aware, or it might just be in my game, but Tewi doesn't have a Bomb under Defend.
I will look into this because this is weird!

and then one where I lost to Yamame but the Extend wouldn't work. I used it but it said my party was dead and then brought me abck to the retry yes/no type sort of screen. Ahemhoo
Oh.
Huhn.
Well that's an easy enough fix I never actually tested out Retry but I know what I would have to do to fix that

« Reply #364 on: March 18, 2012, 08:38:22 AM »
Is it going to cost more to raise the stat or something later on? Because if stat specialization stays it's course, it may end up with everyone one shotting everyone else and there will be no defense. This is just a problem I sort of see at high levels, once the numbers become big enough.

« Reply #365 on: March 19, 2012, 12:18:56 AM »
So, any idea of when we could expect to see Yukari? She's my favorite character and is only playable in 4 other RPG's I know of.

The Pocket Wars ones, which don't have a lot of differences between the characters at the best of times.

Devil of Decline, in which Yukari is one of the main characters... But because of that has no ability's whatsoever.

Defiant of Shrine Maidens first expansion, and every time I think of getting through that I die a little inside.

And Touhou Labyrinth, which has a similar problem to Defiant of Shrine Maiden, that and I just don't like the gameplay.

So yeah, I've spent a lot of time searching for a RPG in which Yukari is playable and haven't succeeded much.

Therefore, I'm extremely excited to see one In which Yukari is not only playable but there are quite noticeable differences between the characters.

Although since I'm pretty sure you said that characters would be appearing at a inverse rate to their power and popularity I don't expect to see her till the last floors, still, it would be nice to have some more concrete info.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2012, 12:29:56 AM by blabla1994 »
I am a compulsive post editor. There is a 95% chance that any post you see from me will have gone through at least 3 edits. Often more.

Garlyle

• I can't brain today
  • I have the dumb
    • Tormod Plays Games
« Reply #366 on: March 19, 2012, 08:45:18 AM »
And Touhou Labyrinth, which has a similar problem to Defiant of Shrine Maiden, that and I just don't like the gameplay.
>Doesn't like labyrinth's gameplay

D:<

But seriously, you're correct - Yukari is going to appearing quite late into the game.  I won't give specifics but you won't be seeing her for a LONG time.

Ghaleon

• Long twintail-o-holic
« Reply #367 on: March 19, 2012, 09:27:43 AM »
Defiant of shrine maiden looks so cool cuz the combat in it looks quite technical (which I like). But but.. no engrish patch! bawwww.
Yukari isn't in touhoumon?
Also, I'm pretty sure gar said he wasn't adding characters so new, but hatate must be coming soon. I'd give all kinds of logical and important reasons why, but only the best: She has long twintails <3. >=P. Seriously, I've grown a fondness to long twintails on anime-art-styled characters... except the really thin kind. Then they look like roach antennae, yuck.

Anyway, I don't recall the stat allocation thing of this game being broken, but I haven't played for SOME time.
But I'm pretty sure if it was that broken, that hte player oculd 1-shot bosses without being overlevel, that you could trivialize bosses by maxing out defense instead at a much MUCH lower level. Pretty much every game with attack/damage formulas, where you can choose between them, and where there is no strict cap, maxing defense is ALWAYS the best way to go for maximizing clearing potential at strict level limits...Unless of course there is a time/move limit to a fight.

« Reply #368 on: March 19, 2012, 10:28:31 PM »
>Doesn't like labyrinth's gameplay

D:<

But seriously, you're correct - Yukari is going to appearing quite late into the game.  I won't give specifics but you won't be seeing her for a LONG time.

Well it had more to do with the 16 chars and switching them in and out and keeping track of everything then any actual game play problems, it just kinda overwhelmed me.

That and I had already watched Mirrinus' Intricate and humorous lets play so there wasn't much left of a story to draw me in.

Well, I expected that.

Oh and Touhoumon managed to slip my mind.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2012, 11:17:33 PM by blabla1994 »
I am a compulsive post editor. There is a 95% chance that any post you see from me will have gone through at least 3 edits. Often more.

Garlyle

• I can't brain today
  • I have the dumb
    • Tormod Plays Games
« Reply #369 on: March 20, 2012, 07:51:49 AM »
Also, I'm pretty sure gar said he wasn't adding characters so new, but hatate must be coming soon.
Yes, Hatate will be present; and so will the Touhou 13 cast and possibly Ibara Kasen as well, all of whom came out after I started.
But that will probably be the cutoff point solely because my scripts have a hard limit character count that I can't break without, well, breaking it.  And even with a handful of characters being in NPC or Boss-only roles (Such as Ellen managing the shop and Kikuri being your teleportation system), I am pretty much there now.

As for stats, yeah, I'm a little aware of breaking the game due to the fact that a stat can be both offensive and defensive.  The most you can do right now is try to stack items for a particular stat, but all the same... yeah.  It's kind of tricky to solidly guarantee it won't fall apart later on!  The best I really can offer is that honestly, if the smartest way to take down a boss is to amass a team of characters which have high values in the boss' main offensive stat(s) and good elemental resistances for it... well, actually, I'll take that as having succeeded, actually.  I'm honestly more scared of the stat scaling effects of Lunatic making this NECESSARY

EDIT: I accidentally this into the treeline while redesigning 1F's first area

« Last Edit: March 20, 2012, 08:55:19 AM by Garlyle »

Ghaleon

• Long twintail-o-holic
Re: 東方百画志 ~ The Wish Under Celestial Star (Back In Action!)
« Reply #370 on: March 20, 2012, 09:07:24 PM »
I uhh.. don't see what's wrong with the treeline. Must be something perverted, those kindsa things fly right past me. Keeping that in mind I'm trying to see phallic objects or something in there, but seeing one is a big stretch that just doesn't seem to be the case.

As for Hatate, I was actually kidding cuz you already said the same thing you said now. That UFO would be the hardcutoff despite not wanting to, but I don't mind!

« Reply #371 on: March 21, 2012, 04:02:29 AM »
@stats: Well, that is true, you won't really know until there is a late game. From just the way I am seeing the numbers work, that is what I worry about.

Maybe it is a good thing that everyone has to be the same stat as the boss, but then again, it is Lunatic, so...

Ghaleon

• Long twintail-o-holic
« Reply #372 on: March 21, 2012, 04:47:44 AM »
I fancy myself good at theorycrafting, but yeah I don't remember the system. I'll wait until 2f beta before I try it again though.

Garlyle

• I can't brain today
  • I have the dumb
    • Tormod Plays Games
« Reply #373 on: March 21, 2012, 07:48:31 AM »
I uhh.. don't see what's wrong with the treeline.
whoops I accidentally explained the joke

It was vague but I couldn't not notice it after I did it and may or may not have kept it.

Ikari

• I'm just so charismatic
  • It's turning into derp
« Reply #374 on: May 29, 2012, 11:55:30 PM »
EEEEEEEEK DEAR KANAKO YES.

...*ahem* I'm really glad the project is back! I can't wait for 2F to be completed~ Especially to see who else is going to join the team! I'll be checking the thread once in a while to check on it ^^

GuyYouMetOnline

• Surprisingy not smart for lynch dodging
« Reply #375 on: June 23, 2012, 02:12:00 AM »
You still working on this, Garlyle? If so, I'd be happy to help (especially with mapping and events. Just don't ask me to script; I suck at that).

Garlyle

• I can't brain today
  • I have the dumb
    • Tormod Plays Games
« Reply #376 on: July 29, 2012, 06:51:11 AM »
I'd like to say yes, I'm working on it, but...

...um, well

my last laptop kind of died, and although I THOUGHT I had backed the game up in my dropbox recently, a look through it tonight now that I have access to it... well, it basically revealed this to be Not True At All.

With luck this might somehow be recoverable but... yeah.  There's a good chance I lost a lot of work on 2F and... well, I'm really about done with this project as is, so... :/ yeah

Maybe it's time to finally put the nail in this coffin for good.  If I do, I at least have the option of discussing what was 'supposed' to happen and all that.