Author Topic: Berkeley's Phantasmagoria  (Read 138767 times)

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
Re: Berkeley's Phantasmagoria
« Reply #60 on: March 03, 2010, 01:55:28 AM »
>Does the handwriting look familiar?
>Go get that screwdriver. And maybe seconds on cake~

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #61 on: March 03, 2010, 01:59:16 AM »
>Does the handwriting look familiar?
>Go get that screwdriver. And maybe seconds on cake~
>Nope.
>You rush down the to kitchen excitedly. You see the screwdriver and a packet of flower seeds on the counter. And also, the remains of that delicious chocolate cake  :*
>You take a piece of cake and start eating it. There's also some tupperware; with the big pockets in your new Red-Black Checkered Coat, you could carry some more cake with you.
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

Kasu

• Small medium at large.
  • This soup has an explosive flavour!
« Reply #62 on: March 03, 2010, 02:02:01 AM »
> Obtain screwdriver.

Apparently, Thomas the Tank Engine isn't one to take crap from anyone.

« Reply #63 on: March 03, 2010, 02:04:40 AM »
>Wrap that scrumptious food and grab it.
>Wonder if there are any screws.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #64 on: March 03, 2010, 02:08:09 AM »
>Ponder if Mom's got any friends who'd hook us up with a crystal doorknob whilst enjoying dat cake.

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #65 on: March 03, 2010, 02:15:09 AM »
> Obtain screwdriver.
>You got the screwdriver!
>Wrap that scrumptious food and grab it.
>Wonder if there are any screws.
>You stick some cake in tupperware and stick it in your coat pocket. Mmmm, chocolaaaaate.
>Well, you'll have the screws from the doorknob after you unscrew it.
>Ponder if Mom's got any friends who'd hook us up with a crystal doorknob whilst enjoying dat cake.
>You don't think so. Who in the world would have a crystal doorknob in the first place? Not to mention the anonymous package it came in, and the note.
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

« Reply #66 on: March 03, 2010, 02:18:40 AM »
>Head to the room.
>Analyze for any out of the ordinary things that weren't there from the few minute absence.

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #67 on: March 03, 2010, 02:24:21 AM »
>Head to the room.
>Analyze for any out of the ordinary things that weren't there from the few minute absence.
>You return to your room with the screwdriver and piece of cake.
>Nothing seems different. To recap on the items inside your room...
>You see your bed and the window next to it, a table with some sewing needles and thread, a clothes drawer, and a mirror. Also, there is the door to the hallway, and the door into your closet.
>On the table you also see several stitchface dolls, which you used to play with all the time when you were younger. You made them yourself; you used to enjoy sewing. You don't do it much any more, but you're still fairly good at it.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #68 on: March 03, 2010, 04:46:43 AM »
>Time to get our mechanic on, and do a doorknobectomy.
>If we don't feel we have the knows how to do this, go use the difference engine to look up a DIY site.

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
  • Make a yukkuri and take it easy with me
« Reply #69 on: March 03, 2010, 08:43:23 AM »
Freakin Chekhov's Screwdriver that one!

> Store Crystal Doorknob and screwdriver in 'Quest Items'
> Play less Yume Nikki

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #70 on: March 03, 2010, 01:44:09 PM »
>Time to get our mechanic on, and do a doorknobectomy.
>If we don't feel we have the knows how to do this, go use the difference engine to look up a DIY site.
>It's time to make that doorknob pay! I mean, err... remove it.
>After you unscrew the screws and remove them, you just jiggle the doorknob around and it falls out.
Freakin Chekhov's Screwdriver that one!

> Store Crystal Doorknob and screwdriver in 'Quest Items'
> Play less Yume Nikki
...maybe I should have saved that sound for the next item you get, instead of some lousy screwdriver.  :V

>I can't give you a specific Quest Items section of your inventory! That could be spoilers! Besides, what would qualify as a "Quest Item" can be fairly vague in a game like this.
>What. Good thing I ditched the Yume Nikki-esque adventures idea for Mrs."I have amnesia".

COPIRIGHTO

• Hello I'm Kaguya
  • and I'm a LOOONEY
« Reply #71 on: March 03, 2010, 01:46:45 PM »
>Insert the Crystal Doorknob
>Screw it into place

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #72 on: March 03, 2010, 02:02:20 PM »
>Insert the Crystal Doorknob
>Screw it into place
>You take the Crystal Doorknob out of your pocket. You again experience the strange feeling from before; it's making you a little nervous. You stick the doorknob into the empty hole in the door, and to your surprise it just kind of... snaps into place. No screws needed or anything. Which is good, now that you've noticed there aren't any screwholes in this doorknob anyway.
>You shut to door to make sure it's working. It closes and stays closed, just like any normal door with a knob would. But that strange feeling has only gotten a whole lot worse.

COPIRIGHTO

• Hello I'm Kaguya
  • and I'm a LOOONEY
« Reply #73 on: March 03, 2010, 02:15:53 PM »
>"Oh shit what have I done."
>Equip screw driver. We can stab someone with it.
>Open the closet

Thata no Guykoro

• I ran out of good lines a while ago
  • It alllll makes sense now
« Reply #74 on: March 03, 2010, 02:30:08 PM »
>Evaluate basketball skills.

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #75 on: March 03, 2010, 02:39:54 PM »
>"Oh shit what have I done."
>Equip screw driver. We can stab someone with it.
>Open the closet
>I know right? Damn rich-people doorknobs. No wonder normal people don't have these!
>You wield the screwdriver.
>You open the closet door. The doorway opens to a barren dirt path. It seems to stretch for a distance in front of you. Toto, I don't think we're in Kansas anymore...
>Evaluate basketball skills.
>You really wouldn't know; you've only played it a few times.

COPIRIGHTO

• Hello I'm Kaguya
  • and I'm a LOOONEY
« Reply #76 on: March 03, 2010, 02:46:01 PM »
>Examine the dirt path

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #77 on: March 03, 2010, 04:15:32 PM »
>Examine the dirt path
>You pass through the doorway and onto the path so that you can see around. You're a bit... shaken up by what you see.
>The dirt path seems to be roughly 20 feet wide; but that isn't what bother you. Where the path ends, it just... ends. There's only air beyond it, below it... it seems the only thing that exists here is strip of barren ground. The path goes on for awhile in front of the doorway, and a little ways behind it.
>The doorway itself looks out of place; there's the doorframe, just standing in midair, with the door into your room inside it. The path doesn't go very far behind it.
>When you look beyond the sides of the barren path, into the... well, nothingness, there just seems to be a blur of darkish colors; purple, blue, orange, green, red, and so on.

>You seem to have spontaneously grown an alternate dimension inside your closet.

MysTeariousYukari

• Nomnomnom~
  • Hooray~
« Reply #78 on: March 03, 2010, 04:48:13 PM »
> Mutter "Holy Wow! This is cool!"

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #79 on: March 03, 2010, 08:21:48 PM »
> Mutter "Holy Wow! This is cool!"
>Saying this out loud to yourself brings you back to your senses. You still aren't sure you understand this place, but that isn't surprising; it's really weird. The main thing is just that there is a barren path of land, and nothing else.
>From here, you can go backwards on the path, to a short stretch behind your bedroom door. Or, you can go forwards from your door, which is a much longer stretch of land. It's far enough to not see what's at the end.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2010, 08:26:54 PM by NeoMargatroid »

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #80 on: March 03, 2010, 09:01:01 PM »
>Guide me along this Barren Path
>Go back to your room. Get some thread or yarn. Attach it to something heavy near the door. Let it out Theseus style, and head down that path a little ways.

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #81 on: March 03, 2010, 09:06:24 PM »
>Guide me along this Barren Path
>Go back to your room. Get some thread or yarn. Attach it to something heavy near the door. Let it out Theseus style, and head down that path a little ways.
>You return to your room. Aaah, natural sunlight never seemed so nice. Come to think of it, where does the light in the other place come from anyway...?
>You grab the black and green spools of thread and tie a knot around a leg of your dresser with the green thread. Then, you go through your closet door again.
>Shall you explore the small area of land that is behind your bedroom door, or the long path in front of it?

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #82 on: March 03, 2010, 09:12:03 PM »
>Test the path with a toe, make sure it's properly solid. If so, do the same with the surroundings.
>If both are solid, check the surroundings a bit.

Seian Verian

• Snuggledragon
  • Snuggles for everyone
« Reply #83 on: March 03, 2010, 09:14:55 PM »
> Before going anywhere again, hold the "blank" side of the note up in front of the mirror.

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #84 on: March 03, 2010, 09:23:00 PM »
> Before going anywhere again, hold the "blank" side of the note up in front of the mirror.
>You pull out the note and start to head back into your room. But before you get back in, you notice that now it says something different.

"By entering, you have accepted my invitation. Enjoy... while it lasts."
and on the other side
"When you lose, everyone shall lose. I shall be the sole winner, ahaha~"

>"When you lose"? Jeez, whoever wrote this isn't very confident in you.
>Test the path with a toe, make sure it's properly solid. If so, do the same with the surroundings.
>If both are solid, check the surroundings a bit.
>The path seems fine. This is good because... well, there aren't any surroundings. The path seems about 20 feet wide, and at the ends it just... ends. The ground seems to be crumbling away at the sides, and there just isn't anything else there.
>In the distance, you see a plethora of dark colors everywhere that isn't the barren ground; this stretch of land seems to be the only thing in this place.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2010, 09:27:35 PM by NeoMargatroid »

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #85 on: March 03, 2010, 09:47:13 PM »
>"Guess it's too late to back out, then."
>Down that path, letting out that thread.

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #86 on: March 03, 2010, 09:59:12 PM »
>"Guess it's too late to back out, then."
>Down that path, letting out that thread.
>The very air seems to agree with you on this. Daaamn.
>You decide to walk down the long path in front of the door. The mysteries behind the door shall be left for later, you want to know what's at the end of this path!
>It's a pretty straightforward walk; literally. After a few minutes, you think you see something weird and colorful ahead; it's different from the colors in the distance... more vibrant and striking, and it seems to be at the very end of the land. You think you see a person next to it as well, but its a bit far to be sure about that.

Snaka

• Do I post too fast
  • Or does everyone else post too slow
« Reply #87 on: March 03, 2010, 10:00:50 PM »
>Slowly approach the person making sure not to draw attention.
>Examine figure when we get close enough

The five magic rolling stones

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #88 on: March 03, 2010, 10:52:48 PM »
>Slowly approach the person making sure not to draw attention.
>Examine figure when we get close enough
my god you responded fast, I mean seriously, LESS THEN ONE MINUTE @_@
>You approach slowly; thankfully, the person seems to be asleep, sitting down and cradling their head inbetween their knees.
>The person has black hair; it looks very unkempt. He/she is wearing a plain white robe, which looks quite dirty and worn.
>Getting closer also gives you a better look at the vibrant colorful spot; you guess it to be some kind of portal-door thing. As you get nearer, you can see a room with an opening to the outside; a normal, green outside with blue sky.
>You're now a few feet away from the person and the portal.

COPIRIGHTO

• Hello I'm Kaguya
  • and I'm a LOOONEY
« Reply #89 on: March 03, 2010, 10:55:29 PM »
>"Hello, Ms. Watcha lookin' at?"