Author Topic: Berkeley's Phantasmagoria  (Read 138800 times)

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
Berkeley's Phantasmagoria
« on: March 02, 2010, 03:20:57 PM »
>You are Berkeley Malone, an average girl!... by the standards of modern USA, at least.
>You are a 15 year old girl living with your dear mother. You get along pretty well with the kids in school and have a nice social life, but you don't have any particularly close friends. This might have something to do with your slightly eccentric personality. Slightly.

When you aren't over at a party or sleepover, you are generally finding random things to do, alone at home. Well... alone not counting your mom at least. Your father, who has been away since you were born, went missing recently and presumed dead. Because of this, your mother has been depressed, and not very good company. You personally aren't very sad since you never knew him, but you feel sorry for your poor mom. You wish you could make her feel better.

>You're in your bedroom; you've just woken up. Today is your 16th birthday! You can now legally have sex! Judging from the time, your party should be starting soon. Maybe something exciting will happen!
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
  • Make a yukkuri and take it easy with me
Re: Berkeley's Phantasmagoria
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2010, 03:24:37 PM »
> Check room
> Check cellphone
> Check sanitary towel

COPIRIGHTO

• Hello I'm Kaguya
  • and I'm a LOOONEY
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2010, 03:25:06 PM »
>Get dressed
>get onto the internet
>Enter http://www.shrinemaiden.org/ into the url
>Click the image
>lurk

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2010, 03:32:00 PM »
> Check room
> Check cellphone
> Check sanitary towel
>You see your bed and the window next to it, a table with some sewing needles and thread, a clothes drawer, and a mirror. Also, there is the door to the hallway, and the door into your closet.
>On the table you also see several stitchface dolls, which you used to play with all the time when you were younger. You made them yourself; you used to enjoy sewing. You don't do it much any more, but you're still fairly good at it.
>Oh, you've heard about those. They're still fairly new and not a whole lot of people use them, especially not teenage kids.

>Get dressed
>get onto the internet
>Enter http://www.shrinemaiden.org/ into the url
>Click the image
>lurk
>You put on a long-sleeved t-shirt with a rainbow skeleton picture on it, and some black jeans.
>The computer is downstairs, and you have a party to be going to soon anyway! You shouldn't be thinking about the computer right now!
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

COPIRIGHTO

• Hello I'm Kaguya
  • and I'm a LOOONEY
« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2010, 03:38:03 PM »
>Attach strings from the dolls to fingers and pretend to be Alice from the Touhou series
>Go downstairs

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2010, 03:53:15 PM »
>Attach strings from the dolls to fingers and pretend to be Alice from the Touhou series
>Go downstairs
>Oh, you've seen those shows where people attach strings to a doll and pieces of wood, then use the wood to move the doll from above the stage. You've never done that before, though. Besides, who the heck is Alice? And she's from the what now?
>You open the door to the hallway. Your room is at the end, and on your way to the stairs down you pass the bathroom and your mom's room. Then you reach the stairs and walk down to the first floor.
>You are now at the bottom of the stairs. In front of you is the front door of the house; to the left is the Living Room and to the right is the kitchen. You think you can hear your mom in there making a cake for your birthday! It's probably german chocolate cake with fudgy frosting... mmmm...

>Your current state is:Slightly drooling, with a dreamy look in your eyes.

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2010, 05:14:31 PM »
> Check date and year

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #7 on: March 02, 2010, 05:23:39 PM »
> Check date and year
>You're pretty sure its 2010, March 02. It IS your birthday, of course.
>You take a second to ponder why cellphones never became widely used. They sound really good on paper... but you suppose it has something to do with the fact that they're like carrying around a brick. No one has ever gone and made them smaller or lighter, so most people stick to home/car phones.

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
« Reply #8 on: March 02, 2010, 05:25:40 PM »
> If it's 2010 already then don't give me that crap about cellphones not being in circulation >:(

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #9 on: March 02, 2010, 05:29:04 PM »
> If it's 2010 already then don't give me that crap about cellphones not being in circulation >:(
>History went a little differently, I gave a (admittedly half-assed) explanation k >:I In this, no one ever went and made cell-phones practical. They're still like bricks at best. This information won't be particularly important later anyway. Mostly just introducing the game with this, it'll get going in a little bit.

Snaka

• Do I post too fast
  • Or does everyone else post too slow
« Reply #10 on: March 02, 2010, 05:33:45 PM »
>Run into kitchen
>"Hi Mom!"

The five magic rolling stones

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #11 on: March 02, 2010, 05:44:49 PM »
>Run into kitchen
>"Hi Mom!"
>You run into the kitchen. You see your mom, Caroline Malone, mixing up your birthday cake. There's also a packet of flower seeds on the counter, probably from your mother doing gardening yesterday. A screwdriver is lying next to it.
>She looks up as you come in, and you see that she actually seems happy for the first time since last week; when you got the news about your father. You say "Hi Mom!", and she replies "Happy Birthday Berkeley! Your guests should start arriving for the party any minute."
>If there's anything you want to do/say/check before the party starts, you should do it now. You'll be a bit busy for awhile once it begins.

« Reply #12 on: March 02, 2010, 06:04:12 PM »
> Check status of the cake.

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #13 on: March 02, 2010, 06:21:15 PM »
Maybe I should have just started the game right after the birthday party :/ Nothing really happens before then, I just thought it'd make a smoother introduction.
> Check status of the cake.
>It is very battery at the moment. Your mom finishes mixing it, and begins pouring it into a cake pan. After she gets it out, she hands you a big spoon covered in chocolate cake batter, and then proceeds to put the cake in the oven.
>The doorbell rings. Looks like the first guests have arrived.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #14 on: March 02, 2010, 06:24:36 PM »
>Make sure the decorations are up to snuff, that there are enough chairs, that any video game consoles have the proper amount of controllers and multiplayer games.
>Lick dat spoon hell yes

Edit:
>Get the door.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2010, 06:32:01 PM by Robespurvis »

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #15 on: March 02, 2010, 06:44:08 PM »
>Make sure the decorations are up to snuff, that there are enough chairs, that any video game consoles have the proper amount of controllers and multiplayer games.
>Lick dat spoon hell yes

Edit:
>Get the door.
>There aren't many decorations up, but you think most of them are outside. Everything else seems to be fine.
>You lick the spoon. Ooooh my god that stuff is amazing, its so delicious you could just shove it up yo-
>*cough* You walk over to the front door and open it. Wow, everyone is outside waiting for you! You walk out and

>You wake up on the floor. You are in a small room with a bed and a door. You don't remember how you got here; or anything at all, for that matter. Not even your name... although you are pretty sure it is not Berkeley. It just isn't.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #16 on: March 02, 2010, 07:03:22 PM »
>Examine Self
>Inventory.

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
« Reply #17 on: March 02, 2010, 07:03:45 PM »
> Freak out

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #18 on: March 02, 2010, 07:09:10 PM »

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #19 on: March 02, 2010, 07:11:03 PM »
> Freak out
>You start panicking. This isn't hard to do, considering the situation.

>Examine Self
>Inventory.
>You are wearing a plain white robe. It is very loose, likely a one-size-fits-all kind of thing.
>You don't seem to have anything. You feel like something important is missing.
>Do this first.
>You sure did.

>You hear voices outside the door. From your current position, you can't tell what they're saying.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #20 on: March 02, 2010, 07:21:48 PM »
>Try to calm down.
>Put ear to door.

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
« Reply #21 on: March 02, 2010, 07:24:58 PM »
> Arm self with shoes

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #22 on: March 02, 2010, 07:43:10 PM »
>Try to calm down.
>Put ear to door.
>Well, you don't know what's going on, so you don't know for sure that it's BAD...
>You put your ear to the door. You can make out two voices talking.

"The package has been delivered."
"I do believe this shall be delightful... and how is the man?"
"He is stable."
"Well, the girl should be coming soon... it is time to remedy him of his good health. Also, this lady behind that door..."
"Yes?"
"She can't stay in there forever. When she comes out, bring her to me at once. And under no circumstances should you fail to do this; if you think she may escape from here, kill her by any means."
"I shall do as you say." Then you hear footsteps, moving away.

>Okay. Maybe it IS bad.
> Arm self with shoes
>Unfortunately, you seem to be barefoot.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2010, 07:45:26 PM by NeoMargatroid »

Chaore

• Kai Ni Recipient Many Years Late
  • You Finally Did It, Kadokawa.
« Reply #23 on: March 02, 2010, 08:47:11 PM »
> Run a crash course on how to beat men up barehanded from all those kungfuu movies you watched.
> You DID watch them, Right?

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #24 on: March 02, 2010, 08:50:47 PM »
> Run a crash course on how to beat men up barehanded from all those kungfuu movies you watched.
> You DID watch them, Right?
>You may have. But you can't remember anything at all... what's a kungfu?
>As you ponder this, the remaining voice on the other side of the door says "The clock is ticking, Berkeley. Tick, tick, tick, tick~" and then walks away, laughing in a way that sends shivers down your spine.
>There doesn't seem to be anyone outside of the door now.

Snaka

• Do I post too fast
« Reply #25 on: March 02, 2010, 08:52:44 PM »
>Your name is NOT Berkeley.
>Change name to Cirno.
>Try to kick door down.
>If not, let yourself be taken. Don't want to game over just yet.

Chaore

• Kai Ni Recipient Many Years Late
  • You Finally Did It, Kadokawa.
« Reply #26 on: March 02, 2010, 08:56:54 PM »
> Fuck. We'll have to wing it, then.
> For the moment, search down the bed and any nooks and crannies of the room. We might find something of use.
> Worse comes to worse, contemplate using bed as a weapon.

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #27 on: March 02, 2010, 09:02:29 PM »
>Your name is NOT Berkeley.
>Change name to Cirno.
>Try to kick door down.
>If not, let yourself be taken. Don't want to game over just yet.
>It sure isn't! That person must have been talking about someone else.

...you can't help but feel sorry for whoever Berkeley is.
>You decide to call yourself Cirno for now!
>You try to kick the door down. It doesn't budge at all, and your kick leaves no mark on the door. Damn. This doesn't seem to be your average, run-of-the-mill wooden door. You should try something else.
>Letting yourself be taken to that person may not be a very good idea. Whoever it was said that you should be killed if you try to escape...

> Fuck. We'll have to wing it, then.
> For the moment, search down the bed and any nooks and crannies of the room. We might find something of use.
> Worse comes to worse, contemplate using bed as a weapon.
>The room seems completely bare, save the bed and carpet. The walls and ceiling are plain, and the latter is low enough to be easily reached, giving you a slight feeling of claustrophobia, despite the fact that you have no idea what that word means.
>The bed has a pillowcaseless pillow and a blanket, on top of a mattress. Searching them achieves no results, although they feel soft and inviting. Underneath the bed you find a few plastic bottles of what is probably water.
>You don't believe you could wield the bed, nor could you disassemble any of it into pieces you could use.

Snaka

• Do I post too fast
« Reply #28 on: March 02, 2010, 09:12:50 PM »
>Get in bed and seduce the man when he comes in then hit him in the head with a bottle and leg it

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #29 on: March 02, 2010, 09:20:37 PM »
>Get in bed and seduce the man when he comes in then hit him in the head with a bottle and leg it
>You could try this. But... it raises a question. They said "She can't stay in there forever. When she comes out etc". And they really don't seem to want you escaping. Why didn't they just come in and get you?
>You get in the bed, resting your head on the pillow and pulling up the blanket. Ahhh... it feels so comfortable, after being on that hard floor for... err, however long you were there.