Author Topic: [Intro/Social]Shanghai's Artist Coalition Headquarters(AKA Alice's Tea Cupboard)  (Read 149180 times)

Hello~
My friend Zucreelo from deviantart lend me here and told me about your little project. Now, i'm a little lazy so i didn't read every single post, i'm i just wanted wanted to ask if they're are any characters left to draw for you project?

HakureiSM

• Reimu is all of it
  • I suddenly feel like I ate a crowbar.
Thread here. Think you're too late though, mate.
[20:45:19] Ciryano: come and behold why they call it the Panzerfaust
[20:45:39] Hakurei Reimu: ... because it shoots once and then you throw it out?
                                                                                   .

So I tried to get my friend into touhou because he was complaining 'modern games' are too easy.
He told me he likes to actually enjoy games and that he doesn't see how anyone could find the games fun ;.;

:smokedcheese:
marccasper.deviantart.com

for the art and stuff! :3

this is now the suikama whines about art thread so i dont shit up the guilty alice one

so i tried doing a quick under sketch to set up proportions n shit and then made a new layer for solid lines and oh god why does everything suddenly look wrong

also how do i draw any sort of line without it looking retarded

how do i draw

HakureiSM

• Reimu is all of it
Dude, you need help

Help from the Queens
                                                                                   .

pasu

• what are they talking about!
  • medi for 14.5 never ;_;
1) relax

2) drawings should be concept first and then work on proportions because if you spend too much time and effort on proportions you're gonna tire yourself out :<

now why dont you post some pics so we can helplplp

i should probably get to changing my sig but im too lazy

art thread / yukkuri quest thread

Vento

• Playtime is over!!!!
  • TRIGGER WARNING : #2handsome5casuls
if you dont mind my help feel free to post your wip here
Distasteful Tater Elites 1st division

you're gonna tire yourself out :<
too late :<

now why dont you post some pics so we can helplplp
because im dumb and i keep erasing everything

if you dont mind my help feel free to post your wip here
alright i'll try to just plow my way through to have a first draft or something so i can get EXPERT DRAMA QUEEN ADVICETM

Vyrien

• Your maiden walls
  • ...heheheheh
HI AM I LATE TO THE PARPY
Congregation of Impertinent Drama Queens.

Art threadLivestream | Pixiv

welp i just figured out that i can use the stabilizer in sai to have smoother lines

although it kinda feels like cheating

HI AM I LATE TO THE PARPY
you still got here before merp :v

HakureiSM

• Reimu is all of it
Post yer bloody sketches m8
                                                                                   .

m8
u wot m8??/?

im working on it ok ;-;

e: my thumb hurts ;-;
« Last Edit: June 20, 2013, 08:15:46 PM by Suikama »

Merp

Assemblage of egregious drama queens

Pixiv  Deviantart  Livestream  Art Thread

Kaze_Senshi

• Ehhhhh...
  • Pale Apple
    • My youtube channel
alright well that only took like 2-3 days for just an outline no problems here officer

clean version for adding sagely drama queen advice

halp pls ;-;

* About the hands size I like to use the facepalm method, you do a facepalm and after you imagine your drawing doing a facepalm, can the hand that you drew do a facepalm like you did IRL? Anyway don't forget that girls have smaller hands
* About the arm size, imagine your drawing touching the left shoulder with the left hand, does it look natural?
* The hands look flat because you drew it in a flat position, try to search in google about "relaxed hands";
* Also I like to use reference points when drawing complex things like hands, you start drawing from somewhere, like the finger 1 and use this finger as a reference of size, angle and position to do the rest of hand:
Noob example
* Generally people don't use flat shoes, its sole has some kind of curve or slope, reference
My youtube channel with my creations: https://www.youtube.com/user/KazeSenshi2929
( ゆっくりしていってね)>

Hi I was told there was a party going on. Am I invited?

i

MERP HAS ARRIVED. COMMENCE THE MEETING OF THE IMPERIAL COALITION OF MAGNANIMOUS DRAMA QUEENS.

alright well that only took like 2-3 days for just an outline no problems here officer

clean version for adding sagely drama queen advice

halp pls ;-;

I dunno about proportions and all that jazz because I hardly care about those, but y'see, your figure ain't...

...Natural.

Now I'm going to assume that Hata-chan here is 'free falling'. Try to think of the...flow, as it were. Would her arms be as rigid as they are in the drawing? Straight, with palms facing to the side? Doubt it. She should also be assuming a more...curved pose, while I'm seeing an L shape here.

Concept man. Concept. Natural. Think, think think.

...did I make sense at all?

i
the pasusignal!

* About the hands size I like to use the facepalm method, you do a facepalm and after you imagine your drawing doing a facepalm, can the hand that you drew do a facepalm like you did IRL? Anyway don't forget that girls have smaller hands
im dumb and used my own hand for reference (although to be fair my hands are kinda feminine :V)

* About the arm size, imagine your drawing touching the left shoulder with the left hand, does it look natural?
i think the problem is more the overall length? i made the forearm and uh... upper arm about the same length which is correct i think???

* The hands look flat because you drew it in a flat position, try to search in google about "relaxed hands";
* Also I like to use reference points when drawing complex things like hands, you start drawing from somewhere, like the finger 1 and use this finger as a reference of size, angle and position to do the rest of hand:
Noob example
looking at it again i realize i literally drew them flat when i really wanted them at more of an angle toward the camera

man i need more practice at this stuff its haaard

* Generally people don't use flat shoes, its sole has some kind of curve or slope, reference

funny thing is i used her sprite for reference and it looks more like she's wearing funky socks than shoes but yeah it looks dumb. not every shoe has an arch though, like sneakers.

Hi I was told there was a party going on. Am I invited?

MERP HAS ARRIVED. COMMENCE THE MEETING OF THE IMPERIAL COALITION OF MAGNANIMOUS DRAMA QUEENS.

I dunno about proportions and all that jazz because I hardly care about those, but y'see, your figure ain't...

...Natural.

Now I'm going to assume that Hata-chan here is 'free falling'. Try to think of the...flow, as it were. Would her arms be as rigid as they are in the drawing? Straight, with palms facing to the side? Doubt it. She should also be assuming a more...curved pose, while I'm seeing an L shape here.

Concept man. Concept. Natural. Think, think think.

...did I make sense at all?

uh i guess? although its kinda like saying i need to draw better... by drawing better. im looking for more specific advice like maybe have someone draw all over my shit with corrections like a crazy english teacher or w/e

She should also be assuming a more...curved pose, while I'm seeing an L shape here.
people's backs don't really "curve" that much though and legs can't curve upwards (unless you're double jointed or something which im assuming hata isnt)

Vento

• Playtime is over!!!!
  • TRIGGER WARNING : #2handsome5casuls
can i just clarify if the pose was supposed to be something like this http://puu.sh/3kYK1.jpg lol
Distasteful Tater Elites 1st division

her arms are supposed to be up in a kinda anime "i'm holding some vague glowing object between my hands without actually touching also while falling because everything is floaty in anime" kinda thing

pasu

http://puu.sh/3kZjn.jpg is it something like this brb while i draw a better one AND DONT LAUGH ;-;

oh holding something alright

http://puu.sh/3kZjn.jpg is it something like this brb while i draw a better one AND DONT LAUGH ;-;

oh holding something alright
why is everything you draw so cuuuteeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

pasu

http://puu.sh/3kZyt.jpg so something like this

DUDE WHYD YOU TRY AND ATTEMPT SOMETHING LIKE THIS WHEN YOU'VE JUST STARTED ;-; it is quite the dynamic pose despite it being quite common kudos 2 u

one tip i have for people starting out in drawing is to actually start drawing super deforms first because you get to make up your own anatomy its way simpler

but yeah- where do you wanna go from here? dyou want a reference of how it would look like in non super deformed?

e: i actually flipped kokoro to her side when i started (that is, the arrow was facing left) and constantly flipped her back up and back down because yeah : J

e: i actually flipped kokoro to her side when i started (that is, the arrow was facing left) and constantly flipped her back up and back down because yeah : J
party hard gif pls

pasu

i could totally use your concept and enter it as a collab for GA haw

KrackoCloud

• I don't mean to be greedy...
  • ... but white rice is my favorite food.
http://puu.sh/3kZyt.jpg so something like this
oh snap
it's the anime op falling in water thing

Hey Suikama,
Here take a look at this
You'll notice that there is a lot of vertical. Whether it's the legs, arms, a single thigh, or entire body, something is going up. And the limbs are generally kind of all over the place. Right now your Kokoro's pretty stiff.
Also yeah don't worry too much about not doing well in this pose because yeah, it's a pretty dynamic thing... I don't think I'll be trying something like that anytime soon. There's a lot of limb things to take into consideration.

pasu

oh snap
it's the anime op falling in water thing

Hey Suikama,
Here take a look at this
You'll notice that there is a lot of vertical. Whether it's the legs, arms, a single thigh, or entire body, something is going up. And the limbs are generally kind of all over the place. Right now your Kokoro's pretty stiff.
Also yeah don't worry too much about not doing well in this pose because yeah, it's a pretty dynamic thing... I don't think I'll be trying something like that anytime soon. There's a lot of limb things to take into consideration.

took a look  and this one is p good as a ref :9

her face is just like yeah im falling w/e

okay so redoing the pose is probably a dumb idea since ive already drawn and redrawn far more than i should and its already almost monday oh shit

if there's nothing glaringly wrong with her general perspective i think ill just move on to color so i can actually finish before monday and then get more practice by finishing more drawings as opposed to trying to get my first drawing in a long time perfect like man what was i even expecting
« Last Edit: June 21, 2013, 08:12:16 PM by Suikama »

HakureiSM

• Reimu is all of it
Well for a first thing it beats the crap out of most :derp:

beats me lol
                                                                                   .

so i initially assumed a 3000x3000 canvas would be big enough even for small details, but now even that is feeling small...

what canvas size do you guys work with :derp: