Author Topic: [Intro/Social]Shanghai's Artist Coalition Headquarters(AKA Alice's Tea Cupboard)  (Read 149292 times)

pasu

• what are they talking about!
  • medi for 14.5 never ;_;
don't worry you weren't the only one, found out too late to join it myself and even then my art skills suck too much anyway so I wouldn't have been able to join regardless.

At any rate, recently when I've been trying to draw anything it just comes out wrong, even when I use the stick figure method, the box method and so on, nothing works and it's REALLY frustrating me in more ways than one, any ideas to help with this art slump?

artblock? doodle silly stuff, that'll help a little.

Draw from a photo.

if only it was that easy :V

i should probably get to changing my sig but im too lazy

art thread / yukkuri quest thread

Vyrien

• Your maiden walls
  • ...heheheheh
Draw from a photo.

Doesn't help in the slightest unless you actually learn something from it. You might as well tell him to eyeball an anime screenshot.

Also yeah it's artblock, you have three choices. Do as Pasu suggested and doodle silly stuff, try and force your way through it or just take a couple of days break. You won't get anywhere stressing about it.
Congregation of Impertinent Drama Queens.

Art threadLivestream | Pixiv

Delfigamer

• * Merry, bride, absolute (HR)
  • of course the best girl never wins
Went through GA threads. Man was that fun.

Maybe I should redraw some older pics? I don't think there'll be that much improvement (I still fear I cannot into structure and dem details), but it's still better than nothing.
Or should I just sketch in my notebooks? My time got very limited since September because of university first course must participate in a dorm party must attend leaf sweeping must do homework this lecture is so boring I must do something productive no Delfi you are asleep and then Delfi was on MotK complaining about his personal things
Wait what am I even doing.

The Jealous Witch did nothing wrong.

Teewee

• In the forest, lazing around...
  • ...building nothing but clay castles.
Maybe you can look up a book for absolute beginners, one that goes into basic shapes and stuff. You might find it fun, and thus be more encouraged to draw more. Works better if you have someone to keep you accountable :)

Delfigamer

Let me repost this here, as some people (like me before) could have still not heard it:
In it's current bare form, the Wiki is now open for registration. We currently have some resident artists interested in working on a logo for us, so we'll have one in due time. If you'd like to contribute a logo as well, feel free - if we have more than one logo we will rotate them!

Delfigamer

> art discussion in sos-dan.ru's art thread
Quote from: iria
Do you even imagine how it is when you cannot draw Claes, Henrieta or at least Triella, because you just fail?
Quote from: delfigamer
Henrietta or Triela?
Quote from: iria
I knew there was something wrong with the names... but not, Delfi, not these ones.
huhwhat

KrackoCloud

• I don't mean to be greedy...
  • ... but white rice is my favorite food.
I know this is stupid, but at the same I really just feel like I have to put this out there.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.nttsolmare.game.android.galep&hl=en

That's all. You can resume whatever it is you were doing earlier.

Mеа

• catnapping
  • three dots connect to rectangles
I know this is stupid, but at the same I really just feel like I have to put this out there.
Where's our royalties?
Naked expression; purple raspberry flavour

Doesn't help in the slightest unless you actually learn something from it. You might as well tell him to eyeball an anime screenshot.

Also yeah it's artblock, you have three choices. Do as Pasu suggested and doodle silly stuff, try and force your way through it or just take a couple of days break. You won't get anywhere stressing about it.

mmm, I feel like there is a fourth choice as well~!
Usually when I have had art block in the past it stems from a creative block which forces my art down when I then try to 'force it'. I have found if I am feeling uncreative, or worry of an art block coming on, I have had a lot of success with doing studies; specifically on any subject I feel weak in. I will put all personal projects to the side for 3-7 days and just work on leveling up my technical skill.

On top of that I usually find doing daily 'warmups' keeps away art blocks as well. I prefer to do 20-60 minutes of gestures, but I know some like the artist Kronprinz prefers to do more like a warm up illustration.

I only mention this because I find this to be a good bit separate from the second choice of "force your way through it" because I do feel artblock is creatively driven, and have found ones derivation in technical skill on good or bad days to be really not all that big.

I hope nothing I said sounded really dumb, ha :blush: and I hope that helped Zork787.

I also think you might like to get your hands on vilppu's anatomy lessons. They were fully recorded classes covers the whole body, different ways to construct etc. I forget which lesson it was but he mentions how he almost never uses one 'method' to construct a body and mixes and matches for whatever the situation calls for. His videos can either be bought, or found online using the obvious methods lol. Vilppus videos have helped me tremendously, the way he talks about the human form while drawing really opens your eyes and makes it look obvious haha!
marccasper.deviantart.com

for the art and stuff! :3

What mote said on art blocks. Studies are brainless (in a sense) and they don't really need much in terms of creativity. Just copy the reference to the best of your ability.

Zork787 seems to be talking about an art slump/block from not being able to draw well. There isn't anything to do other than cringe or move on. Again, studies might be for the best because they are good exercise if you do it right. Reality before imagination.

KrackoCloud

http://www.huiontablet.com/media/catalog/product/cache/1/small_image/178x151/9df78eab33525d08d6e5fb8d27136e95/_/4/_4_3.jpg

This is from the Huion tablet website. I guess they know their target audience well.

DX7.EP

• Red shroom
  • Smooth Charisma
    • Sanmaat (site of personal tat)
Product page instead, fifth image. Quite the peculiar finding anyways!
C:DOS> ayayaya.mid
Bad command or file name

C:>_

Umm, hello there. *kinda new here*  :blush:
I just feel uncertain about posting in the music thread link at the front page (since I mainly arrange some music).
Maybe, I can put it here?
I've arranged IOSYS's Star River and Aya's theme song (which probably will be WIP forever... "OTL)

Mеа

• catnapping
  • three dots connect to rectangles
I just feel uncertain about posting in the music thread link at the front page
Wait there's a general music thread? I was just thinking of asking about it here too. Not that there seems to be too big or little of a demand for a general 'post your music' thread, or maybe simply even adding it in the title of the general artwork thread, since people seem to be doing that already already. You know, just, can't see any fish in the pond but we should try casting out some bait and see how many gather anyway. I was looking through the really ancient threads here in AAA and was surprised to see some of the veterans posting lots of music threads back in their day. May be nice.
Naked expression; purple raspberry flavour

KrackoCloud

Manga Studio is currently $15 until the 30th. Considering it's usually roughly $50, it might be worth a buy!

Delfigamer

Now I started to try to draw heads looking down/up, after reading this notification I tried to draw a sad guilty face looking down but I think that she looks a bit angry too. Anyway it's fine, maybe chaging the mouth could change this but I am without correction fluid :V
I wonder if a GA-like contest was revived, how many people would participate now?
« Last Edit: December 18, 2016, 09:06:11 AM by Delfigamer »