Author Topic: Ace Attorney Series  (Read 14234 times)

Hououin Kyouma

• KEEP YA GUNS ON!
  • ARE YOU READY, GUYS!?
    • When Posters Cry
Ace Attorney Series
« on: February 15, 2010, 07:29:15 AM »
The new Ace Attorney Investigation is going to be released tomorrow
"DUMBASS!" "I'd hit it" "Bear-sona~!" "Critical hits to the nads!" "What you're really asking is... "Will you please beat the **** out of me, Kanji?" "...I Gotta pee." ''Everydays great at your Junes~'' "You calling me a loser?"

Prody

• (*'v'*) Creation
  • 『てめえら全員、ぶっ飛ばす!!』
    • Prody's other youtube channel
Re: Ace Attorney Series
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2010, 08:36:05 AM »
EUREKA!
Prody's anime list! - Prody's favourite MADs on NicoDouga! - Me when steam trading
I wonder if anyone knows the true meaning of the last song in Nanairo?
the economy the economy the economy the economy

Solais

• Developer fairy
  • is working for a game developer now.
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2010, 10:58:14 AM »
The new Ace Attorney Investigation is going to be released tomorrow

!!!

FINALLY!!!

Hououin Kyouma

• KEEP YA GUNS ON!
  • ARE YOU READY, GUYS!?
    • When Posters Cry
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2010, 11:04:29 AM »
Note to Donut: Ace Attorney: Apollo Justice IS CANON
"DUMBASS!" "I'd hit it" "Bear-sona~!" "Critical hits to the nads!" "What you're really asking is... "Will you please beat the **** out of me, Kanji?" "...I Gotta pee." ''Everydays great at your Junes~'' "You calling me a loser?"

Rikter

• VVVVVVVVVVVVVVV
  • AAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2010, 02:23:05 PM »
Oh so that does come out tomorrow.

Shame I need to save all my money.

Edible

• One part the F?hrer, one part the Pope
  • It's the inevitable return, baby
« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2010, 02:24:40 PM »
Had it preordered since time immemorial, but it'll probably be leaked before then.  Guess we'll see.

« Reply #6 on: February 15, 2010, 04:58:11 PM »
I figure I'd ought to have myself completely caught up before this game is released, even though I'm certain I know everything worth knowing anyway. The only Game I'm not finished with is the second one (and yes, I'm aware of most of what happens in the game anyway.)

Edible

« Reply #7 on: February 15, 2010, 05:01:08 PM »
None of the Phoenix Wright games are necessary to play AAI, but it would be good to finish 1 and 2, at least.

Spoiler:
Franziska shows up.

theshirn

• THE LAWS OF THE FIESTA MEAN NOTHING
    • Wisdom is Not a Dump Stat
« Reply #8 on: February 15, 2010, 06:51:17 PM »
YES

especially because my jerk roommate played it japanese months ago and has been pretending to spoil stuff just to get me mad

but HELL YEAH

[09:46] <theshim|work> there is nothing like working for a real estate company to make one contemplate arson

« Reply #9 on: February 15, 2010, 06:54:03 PM »
 :* :* :*

Edible

« Reply #10 on: February 15, 2010, 07:25:38 PM »
YES

especially because my jerk roommate played it japanese months ago and has been pretending to spoil stuff just to get me mad

but HELL YEAH

Did I mention you should steal his copy of AT3 and mail it to me?

nintendonut888

• So those that live now, pledge on your fists and souls
  • Leave a sign of your life, no matter how small...
« Reply #11 on: February 15, 2010, 07:28:44 PM »
Note to Donut: Ace Attorney: Apollo Justice IS CANON

Canon in an alternate universe where the creators spit upon all the old characters to set up the new protagonist, yes. >:<
« Last Edit: February 15, 2010, 07:30:41 PM by nintendonut888 »
nintendonut888: Hey Baity. I beat the high score for Sanae B hard on the score.dat you sent me. X3
Baity: For a moment, I thought you broke 1.1billion. Upon looking at my score.dat, I can assume that you destroyed the score that is my failed (first!) 1cc attempt on my first day of playing. Congratulations.

[19:42] <Sapz> I think that's the only time I've ever seen a suicide bullet shoot its own suicide bullet

Edible

« Reply #12 on: February 15, 2010, 07:30:41 PM »
Canon in an alternate universe where the creators don't spit upon all the old characters to set up the new protagonist, yes. >:<

Did we even play the same game? 
Spoiler:
Phoenix's 7-year piano marathon aside, he did EVERYTHING worth mentioning for Apollo.  He was totally the main character, even though you were playing someone else...

Chaore

• Kai Ni Recipient Many Years Late
  • You Finally Did It, Kadokawa.
« Reply #13 on: February 15, 2010, 07:31:47 PM »
Canon in an alternate universe where the creators spit upon all the old characters to set up the new protagonist, yes. >:<

Don't make me punchya son.

It'd be a waste of good dough.

nintendonut888

« Reply #14 on: February 15, 2010, 07:33:20 PM »
The thing is, they still screwed Phoenix over just to set up Apollo's arc (and if you call that spoilers, it's widely advertised that Phoenix lost his job, so nyeh). Was it really so hard to just not associate Phoenix with the new arc at all so they could go on and live happily ever after? The game was still quite flawed in terms of way too many logic errors, but it would have been better if Phoenix were NOT still the main character.
nintendonut888: Hey Baity. I beat the high score for Sanae B hard on the score.dat you sent me. X3
Baity: For a moment, I thought you broke 1.1billion. Upon looking at my score.dat, I can assume that you destroyed the score that is my failed (first!) 1cc attempt on my first day of playing. Congratulations.

[19:42] <Sapz> I think that's the only time I've ever seen a suicide bullet shoot its own suicide bullet

Edible

« Reply #15 on: February 15, 2010, 07:36:09 PM »
I had plenty of problems with AJ, but how they handled Phoenix was not one of them.

theshirn

« Reply #16 on: February 15, 2010, 07:40:43 PM »
Did I mention you should steal his copy of AT3 and mail it to me?
Yes, but I'm not willing to inflict that kind of suffering on others.  And I don't mean him.

Also, why all the Hobohodo hate?

[09:46] <theshim|work> there is nothing like working for a real estate company to make one contemplate arson

Thata no Guykoro

• I ran out of good lines a while ago
  • It alllll makes sense now
« Reply #17 on: February 15, 2010, 07:45:33 PM »
I figure I'd ought to have myself completely caught up before this game is released, even though I'm certain I know everything worth knowing anyway. The only Game I'm not finished with is the second one (and yes, I'm aware of most of what happens in the game anyway.)
Same sorta situation for me, except I have yet to play T&T or AJ. >.>

communist unity (comm-unity)

• Boss of the Gym
  • 100% salt
« Reply #18 on: February 15, 2010, 08:15:58 PM »
Do not ask my opinions on AJ's third case. I could write an entire essay on why the plot was absolutely ridiculous and just plain stupid.

Spoiler:
"THE WITNESS IS THE SWAN." JESUS CHRIST man can't you just say "THAT DUDE WITH THE SHARK HAIR TOOK MY GUN AND SHOT ME"

>:(

Edible

« Reply #19 on: February 15, 2010, 08:17:35 PM »
Also, why all the Hobohodo hate?

My biggest problem with Hobohodo (lol c-r) was
Spoiler:
he somehow managed to get back in the court's good graces to organize a restructuring of the entire legal system.  Who the hell thought that was a good idea?

But yeah, the entire game was kind of dumb.  Enjoyable, but dumb.

nintendonut888

« Reply #20 on: February 15, 2010, 08:32:42 PM »
Do not ask my opinions on AJ's third case. I could write an entire essay on why the plot was absolutely ridiculous and just plain stupid.

Spoiler:
"THE WITNESS IS THE SWAN." JESUS CHRIST man can't you just say "THAT DUDE WITH THE SHARK HAIR TOOK MY GUN AND SHOT ME"

>:(

I've banged my head more over the fact that
Spoiler:
they prove that the murder took place in the second act, in which a million people were watching Machi, and nobody picked up on how he might be innocent after this fact

Or also how dumb the second case's first day is.
Spoiler:
A whole subplot over panties whose only purpose was to change which direction the victim was looking? Sure it was important, but that is one of the most contrived court days ever.

FinnKaenbyou

• Formerly Roukanken
  • blub blub nya
« Reply #21 on: February 15, 2010, 10:41:19 PM »
The great thing about hearing the Hobohodo raeg is that from what I've heard it wasn't originally even meant to be Phoenix. They just sort of threw him in at the last minute, which is why
Spoiler:
you never see signs of anyone like Edgeworth or Maya arguing against his disbarrment.

Anyway, have been waiting for this for well over a year. Awesomeness impending.

« Reply #22 on: February 16, 2010, 03:15:11 AM »

They should have added a warning label, huh.

I have no real problem with Apollo Justice at all, actually. I sort of liked it. I was also way too caught up in the cases to notice anything wrong with their internal workings (But then again, I'm a big picture kind of guy, so I usually miss that sort of stuff anyway).

Barrakketh

• You're suddenly Director of Fixing That Shit!
  • Vice President of It's Your Problem Now.
« Reply #23 on: February 16, 2010, 03:22:10 AM »
At first I thought this thread was going to be about the fact that Justice For All was released on WiiWare here in the US.
Cheating? I cannot even wrap my head around the point of it. Wouldn't you know you had cheated? How on Earth could you maintain crisp certainty of your superiority to all others? And if you're unable to do that, what's the point of anything?

Rin Kagamine

• 核融合炉にさ / 飛び込んでみたい と思う
  • 真っ青な 光 包まれて奇麗
« Reply #24 on: February 16, 2010, 02:04:52 PM »
I was all set to hate AJ immensely solely for not being PW, and I was of the mindset that no one could ever replace Maya as your sidekick.  And then Trucy shows up, and she's almost better than Maya.  I was in shock.

I should replay PW3

Edible

« Reply #26 on: February 16, 2010, 04:58:12 PM »
Trucy is goddamn adorable.

Pearls is still the goddamn adorablest sidekick, though.

Nobu

• Serendipitous Youkai
  • i post while naked
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #27 on: February 16, 2010, 05:02:00 PM »
Still horribly behind, only played the first one. (I have to break my habit of always checking spoiler tags, for this thread. ><)

Ema's still one of my favorite characters ever though.
Tumblr (sometimes NSFW) | PM for Facebook

« Reply #28 on: February 16, 2010, 05:03:09 PM »
Pearls
:* :* :*

HNNNNNNNNNGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG

theshirn

« Reply #29 on: February 16, 2010, 06:26:07 PM »
These are all lies.  The best sidekick is easily Gumshoe.