Author Topic: 7th TPP - Results  (Read 81726 times)

LHCling

• Metang@
  • ( 。゚ 3っ   )っ
Re: 7th TPP - Results
« Reply #180 on: February 16, 2010, 02:07:11 AM »
Reimu's always been ok in my book, but she's never stood out as a #1 absolute favorite. So where are all the crazy Reimu-obsessed fanatics hiding anyway?
Here and of course, over there.
/processofelimination

Though, they may as well just be
closet armpit fetishists

I myself would've voted for PC-98!Reimu but that option wasn't available. Therefore I went with... you know what comes next.
[16:25] <Kuruminut> Shut up MS Word, "fangirlism" is totally a word
<>
[07:59] <Sapz> ベーティさんは馬鹿っぽいだろう、この「っぽい」好き者

« Reply #181 on: February 16, 2010, 05:13:57 AM »
I like to think of Reimu's popularity stemming from the same reason that people flock to Haruhi. oh the horror. :ohdear:

Grand Octopus

• is approaching fast
  • onegai Zeppy-san
« Reply #182 on: February 16, 2010, 11:36:30 AM »

Dammit, just when I was starting to come to terms with Nue's ranking. Poor girl.

"I'm aiming for 1st place next time!" "Don't get ahead of yourself."
« Last Edit: February 16, 2010, 05:40:47 PM by A Huge Battleship »

Helepolis

• Charisma!
  • O-ojousama!?
« Reply #183 on: February 16, 2010, 01:47:18 PM »
I like to think of Reimu's popularity stemming from the same reason that people flock to Haruhi. oh the horror. :ohdear:
Haruhi has nothing on Reimu. Reimu is just popular because she is the most appreciated person in the game series. ( Not only because she is the main role ). Canon wise, Reimu is also far more popular with all the Youkais. ( Hence Touhou 10 ).

Sanae will never surpass Reimu, she might have bigger breasts, but Reimu's balls hit harder.

A song I don't like is in the top spot.
THERE MUST BE SOMETHING WRONG WITH EVERYONE ELSE, AS ONLY I POSSESS MUSICAL TASTE.

IT IS FATE, RURO. FATE! You cannot avoid it!
( also happy b-day )
« Last Edit: February 16, 2010, 01:49:25 PM by Helepolis »

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #184 on: February 16, 2010, 05:37:48 PM »
FATE IS JUST EMOUSE'S RAP NAME MISPELLED.

Gpop

« Reply #185 on: February 16, 2010, 06:12:59 PM »
A song I don't like is in the top spot.
THERE MUST BE SOMETHING WRONG WITH EVERYONE ELSE, AS ONLY I POSSESS MUSICAL TASTE.

I agree. EoSD songs suck in general, and Septette is pretty bad.

Spidere

• My magic finger will make your problems go away
  • But I'm an asshole, so you won't get any of it
« Reply #186 on: February 16, 2010, 08:03:19 PM »

HOW CAN YOU SAY THAT

I agree with everyone's positions actually. I'm glad Steptette's up there. It's one of my favourites, not my absolute favourite, but right up there. I'm glad EoSD is getting love.

I mean, it's just a poll.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #187 on: February 16, 2010, 08:35:50 PM »

Spidere

« Reply #188 on: February 16, 2010, 08:37:13 PM »

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #189 on: February 16, 2010, 08:46:41 PM »
And what?

And your point is, with that statement?

Helepolis

• Charisma!
  • O-ojousama!?
« Reply #190 on: February 16, 2010, 08:47:57 PM »
FATE IS JUST EMOUSE'S RAP NAME MISPELLED.

Spidere

« Reply #191 on: February 16, 2010, 08:49:29 PM »
And your point is, with that statement?

Gpop is saying that EoSD songs suck in general, my point is, it's a poll, apparently other people like them, it just his opinion.

I'm not proving anything revolutionary, I know.

Gpop

« Reply #192 on: February 16, 2010, 11:17:29 PM »
I got the reaction I wanted. That's all.

Spoiler:
EoSD songs still does suck for craptastic instruments.

Gappy

• Oh...oh I was not ready for this.
  • It's only Logical....
« Reply #193 on: February 16, 2010, 11:29:06 PM »
Why am I smiling so happily at Reimu being number 1 again....and again...and again...

* Gappy cheers for favourite character!

Barrakketh

• You're suddenly Director of Fixing That Shit!
  • Vice President of It's Your Problem Now.
« Reply #194 on: February 16, 2010, 11:56:30 PM »
Spoiler:
EoSD songs still does suck for craptastic instruments.
That I can agree with.  The compositions are fine, but the difference in instrument quality between EoSD and PCB is huge.
Cheating? I cannot even wrap my head around the point of it. Wouldn't you know you had cheated? How on Earth could you maintain crisp certainty of your superiority to all others? And if you're unable to do that, what's the point of anything?

Gpop

« Reply #195 on: February 17, 2010, 12:15:11 AM »
That I can agree with.  The compositions are fine, but the difference in instrument quality between EoSD and PCB is huge.

I'll be honest, I'll still dislike them until ZUN rearranges them himself into his more recent style.

ebarrett

« Reply #196 on: February 17, 2010, 12:28:59 AM »
Pffffft everyone knows PC-98 had the best sound anyway. You can't go wrong with those bleeps and bloops.

Barrakketh

« Reply #197 on: February 17, 2010, 12:30:05 AM »
I'll be honest, I'll still dislike them until ZUN rearranges them himself into his more recent style.
I won't :V

For instance, I like this arrangement of Septette.  On the other hand, I really hope ZUN rearranges Lunar Clock ~ Luna Dial soon.
Cheating? I cannot even wrap my head around the point of it. Wouldn't you know you had cheated? How on Earth could you maintain crisp certainty of your superiority to all others? And if you're unable to do that, what's the point of anything?

Gpop

« Reply #198 on: February 17, 2010, 12:38:08 AM »
Pffffft everyone knows PC-98 had the best sound anyway. You can't go wrong with those bleeps and bloops.

They had their own unique charm. I absolutely love Romantic Children in MS, which is why I chose it second in the poll.

Flandrenonymous

• Onee~, what's an Extra Boss?
« Reply #199 on: February 17, 2010, 04:35:49 AM »
Strangely, I really don't mind the EoSD songs.  For the less advanced instrumentation, there was a more natural rhythm and composition IMO compared to some of the songs of the later games.  Mostly percussion-wise.  My nitpicks with some of the PCB and IN tracks in general is that there was a lot of....overwrought percussion.

The only thing I find at fault in with Septette is the weird way it's shifted a quarter flat, or something.  Made trying to figure it out on piano and guitar kind of a pain.

Barrakketh

« Reply #200 on: February 17, 2010, 05:35:11 AM »
Strangely, I really don't mind the EoSD songs.  For the less advanced instrumentation, there was a more natural rhythm and composition IMO compared to some of the songs of the later games.  Mostly percussion-wise.  My nitpicks with some of the PCB and IN tracks in general is that there was a lot of....overwrought percussion.
Your complaint about the IN tracks is the percussion?  I'd say it's the trumpets.

Helepolis

• Charisma!
  • O-ojousama!?
« Reply #201 on: February 17, 2010, 08:00:35 AM »
If there is any track worth of being mentioned in SA it would be Stage 1, Yamame's theme, Stage 3, Yugi's theme and Rin's theme. Aside from that, the rest is lacking harmony in all forms.

Toasty

« Reply #202 on: February 17, 2010, 09:19:53 AM »
If there is any track worth of being mentioned in SA it would be Stage 1, Yamame's theme, Stage 3, Yugi's theme and Rin's theme. Aside from that, the rest is lacking harmony in all forms.

Third eye. I hear a harmony there :V

Alebeit a darker sounding one than your everyday border of life.

Helepolis

• Charisma!
  • O-ojousama!?
« Reply #203 on: February 17, 2010, 10:12:21 AM »
Yea well subjective opinion remains subjective. Looking at the poll, 3rd eye made it into the Top 5. The gap between 5th and latter is quite large as well ( almost 1000 votes ). I guess many people like the song then again assuming also from the list, only three polls so far has been formed. Cosmic Mind which makes a break entrance into the Top 5 is surprising. Except the next poll will clearly show whether it stays or goes.

Interesting to see that Septette rose from 4th to 1st and Border of Life stayed 2nd through out all three polls.

Alfred F. Jones

• Estamos orgullosos del Batall?n Lincoln
  • y de la lucha que hizo por Madrid
« Reply #204 on: February 17, 2010, 04:14:41 PM »
Yea well subjective opinion remains subjective.

NUH UH MY SUBJECTIVE OPINION IS BETTER THAN YOURS >:<

Helepolis

• Charisma!
  • O-ojousama!?
« Reply #205 on: February 17, 2010, 04:29:16 PM »
NUH UH MY SUBJECTIVE OPINION IS BETTER THAN YOURS >:<

Log on irc Ruro =|

Flandrenonymous

• Onee~, what's an Extra Boss?
« Reply #206 on: February 17, 2010, 04:33:47 PM »
Your complaint about the IN tracks is the percussion?  I'd say it's the trumpets.

For whatever odd reason, I never had much trouble with the E-trump, 'cept maybe when it its the trills, like in Kagome Kagome.

Spidere

« Reply #207 on: February 17, 2010, 04:54:06 PM »
For whatever odd reason, I never had much trouble with the E-trump.

Barrakketh

« Reply #208 on: February 17, 2010, 10:38:39 PM »
For whatever odd reason, I never had much trouble with the E-trump, 'cept maybe when it its the trills, like in Kagome Kagome.
I personally think they are way too shrill and loud most of the time.  My opinion may be colored a little bit seeing as how I listened to trumpets 5 days a week for six years, but even by synth trumpet standards I can't really excuse that assault on my ears.