Author Topic: Danmakufu Contest #4 - Laser Light Show (Results!)  (Read 89270 times)

Blargel

• RAWR!
  • I'M AN ANGRY LOLI!
Danmakufu Contest #4 - Laser Light Show (Results!)
« on: February 12, 2010, 02:38:34 PM »
Danmakufu Contest #4
Laser Light Show

The contest is now closed
See the results here.

Hey guys! Time for another contest! As the name implies it involves lasers. The main rule is you can only use lasers. This means no normal bullets.

Guidelines:
  • Up to 3 attacks can be submitted.
  • You may use a stage for backgrounds, but only that. No stage enemies.
  • Both straight and curvy lasers may be used.
  • It is possible to make a laser that looks and behaves like a bullet. However, doing so is going against the point of this contest so doing so will result in disqualification. Basically when I play the script, I better not see small stubby lasers that could be mistaken as bullets.
  • Script will be judged mainly on how fun and creative the danmaku is, but also a little on how the overall script looks and feels. Focus more on the danmaku though, that's worth more points.
  • Multiple difficulties are allowed.
  • Ripped graphics and sound are also allowed. No one really cares on this side of the world anyway.
  • The latest version of the script will be considered your entry. If you submit an entry and then later want to correct a mistake or add effects, as long as the newer version is submitted before the deadline, it will be taken as your entry instead of the older one.
  • And here's a big one: If I download your script and it errors out on me due to missing shot replace files, absolute file paths, or similar things, you will be disqualified during the judging period. If you submit before the deadline and I or someone else happens to notice before the contest closes, you can correct the mistake and resubmit it before the deadline and the script be judged like normal. I highly advise you to look at this tutorial to avoid being disqualified for this rule.

I will be doing the judging. Contest closes on February 21nd, 2010 at 23:59:59 GMT. Any script not submitted by that timestamp according to this forum's clock will be disqualified. Please include your name somewhere in your script's description or title to help in organization and judging. In the spirit of the last two contests, I will also say that I may possibly submit an entry but will not judge it, but not submit one anyway.

Good luck to all the entrants.

Edit: The deadline has been extended for a week. The new deadline is February 28nd, 2010 at 23:59:59 GMT. Good luck on your entries.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2010, 03:19:23 PM by Blargel »
<WorkingKeine> when i get home i just go to the ps3 and beat people up in blazblue with a loli
<Azure> Keine: Danmakufu helper by day, violent loli by night.

Re: Danmakufu Contest #4 - Laser Light Show
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2010, 02:46:36 PM »
YAAAAAAAAY IM IN! BEAM SPAM!

Is there a limit to time in any of the attacks?
« Last Edit: February 12, 2010, 04:03:44 PM by Demonbman »

Kylesky

• *The Unknown*
  • Local Unbalanced Danmakufu Idiot Scripter
    • My useless youtube account... (will be useful in the future *I promise*)
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2010, 02:52:38 PM »
mega shou remakes :| most of these entries are gonna kill me if I try them... :ohdear:

I'm gonna try to submit an entry for this one...(completely not shou-related... meaning... probably no/not that many curvy lasers) expect something from me not too soon though (hope I'll do better this time)
« Last Edit: February 12, 2010, 04:09:38 PM by Kylesky »
Danmakufu Script Thread :V Latest Script: Intertwining Mechanical Intervention (temp name)

Yooooouuutuuuubeeee Channel Latest Video: Contest #8 Entry

Drake

« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2010, 03:38:48 PM »
If somebody tries to imitate Shou they have already lost.

A Colorful Calculating Creative and Cuddly Crafty Callipygous Clever Commander
- original art by Aiけん | ウサホリ -

KomeijiKoishi

« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2010, 04:24:39 PM »
Lemme guess. Because you're going to do it?

« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2010, 04:27:46 PM »
I'm gonna try to make something, but chances are it'll turn out like last contest: I make something that really isn't fit for posting. >_>

Helepolis

• Charisma!
  • O-ojousama!?
« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2010, 04:43:32 PM »
Stickied and wishing all the contestants good luck. I won't be joining this either. I basically don't have the will or time to currently work on dnh. I prefer to have that little spare time spend on Iji or Dcs

Drake

« Reply #7 on: February 12, 2010, 05:31:58 PM »
Lemme guess. Because you're going to do it?
Hahahahahano.

A Colorful Calculating Creative and Cuddly Crafty Callipygous Clever Commander
- original art by Aiけん | ウサホリ -

Iryan

• Ph?nglui mglw?nafh
  • Cat R?lyeh wgah?nagl fhtagn.
« Reply #8 on: February 12, 2010, 06:55:35 PM »
GRAAARGH Why must thin lasers have such an abysmal collision detection?!

...also, I'm obviously in if I can find myself enough time to flesh out a whole script...
Old Danmakufu stuff can be found here!

"As the size of an explosion increases, the numbers of social situations it is incapable of solving approaches zero."

JormundElver

• Baron Von Parakeet
« Reply #9 on: February 12, 2010, 07:23:48 PM »

If CreateLaserC didn't obliterate my framerate I would have done this just because of your post.  Done it and lost anyways.

« Reply #10 on: February 12, 2010, 08:23:36 PM »
Now that I finally have time, I can actually put forward a legit entry for once :V

Nimble

• Broken English Fox
  • Rushing toward the bullet!
    • Viewmix
« Reply #11 on: February 13, 2010, 06:48:20 AM »
Pure laser .....

If I got an idea, I'll join too.

Infy♫

• Demonic★Moe
« Reply #12 on: February 13, 2010, 11:03:41 AM »
Am I allowed to use bullets with no hit detection or graphics? because i need them in many patterns to create subordinate lasers :(

on a side note:
Obj_Create(OBJ_SINUATE_LASER);
ObjSinuateLaser_SetWidth(obj,15);
ObjSinuateLaser_SetLength(obj,75);
commands for curvy object lasers, they behave as bullets for most part. aside from the curvyness
these functions are undocumented as far as i know
« Last Edit: February 13, 2010, 02:18:20 PM by CAsercan3 »

Blargel

• RAWR!
  • I'M AN ANGRY LOLI!
« Reply #13 on: February 13, 2010, 04:01:41 PM »
Am I allowed to use bullets with no hit detection or graphics? because i need them in many patterns to create subordinate lasers :(

on a side note:
Obj_Create(OBJ_SINUATE_LASER);
ObjSinuateLaser_SetWidth(obj,15);
ObjSinuateLaser_SetLength(obj,75);
commands for curvy object lasers, they behave as bullets for most part. aside from the curvyness
these functions are undocumented as far as i know

I'm gonna only be playing the script, not looking through them. As long as I don't SEE any bullets (as in, they are invisible and don't kill the player), you'll be fine.
<WorkingKeine> when i get home i just go to the ps3 and beat people up in blazblue with a loli

« Reply #14 on: February 13, 2010, 04:41:55 PM »
Are enemys inside the spellcard, being spawned by the boss allowed to shoot lasers?

Blargel

• RAWR!
  • I'M AN ANGRY LOLI!
« Reply #15 on: February 13, 2010, 05:21:46 PM »
Are enemys inside the spellcard, being spawned by the boss allowed to shoot lasers?

Yes you can have familiars. The familiars are also bound by the "only lasers" rule. Also, I hope you don't plan on abusing the hitbox of the familiar to kill the player.

« Reply #16 on: February 13, 2010, 05:56:15 PM »
Yes you can have familiars. The familiars are also bound by the "only lasers" rule. Also, I hope you don't plan on abusing the hitbox of the familiar to kill the player.

i do not.

Chronojet ⚙ Dragon

• The Oddity
  • 今コソ輝ケ、我ガ未来、ソノ可能性!!
« Reply #17 on: February 13, 2010, 06:50:47 PM »
What if I make lasers that look like bu--

.....Never mind.

Shouln't lasers look shiny? Regular bullets should shine like that (except maybe for 03's.)
« Last Edit: February 13, 2010, 07:03:39 PM by Always Mew⑨ »

Areylie

• Cirno's Sister
    • Lymia's Website
« Reply #18 on: February 14, 2010, 06:20:21 PM »
Your rules on lasers that act like bullets are unclear. Do you mean that you can't have lasers that act like bullets period, or none that act, and look like them?
[Geek code (3.12): GCS/H/M d+(-) s+:->--:- a--->? C+(++++)>$ UL++@ P+(++) L+++ E- W++ N o K? w-@ O- M- V? PS++@ PE>- Y+ PGP++ t- 5? X? R+@ tv- b+(++) DI D-- G? e>+++(++++) h! r++ x-]
[Furry code (1.3): FFm1r A !C D? H+++ M? P++++ R-- T W !Z Sf! RLCT a- cl+~++++>$ d--- e>+++ f? h* i++/+++ j+ p+ sf!]

« Reply #19 on: February 14, 2010, 06:27:20 PM »
If a laser can plausibly be mistaken as a bullet in any way, you are disqualified. Do not try your luck.

« Reply #20 on: February 14, 2010, 06:40:09 PM »
If a laser can plausibly be mistaken as a bullet in any way, you are disqualified. Do not try your luck.

like for example take a bullet whice,s size is 16x16 and make the laser have the size 32x32?

Areylie

• Cirno's Sister
    • Lymia's Website
« Reply #21 on: February 14, 2010, 06:42:44 PM »
I asked more or less out of paranoia. I'm using lots of lasers as really long bullets in essence. (150x7 dosn't sound too confusible with a bullet)

EDIT: I am dissapoint. I just realised the rules forbid Nue-stule laser-bullets. :<
« Last Edit: February 14, 2010, 07:38:53 PM by Nanoha Takamachi »
[Geek code (3.12): GCS/H/M d+(-) s+:->--:- a--->? C+(++++)>$ UL++@ P+(++) L+++ E- W++ N o K? w-@ O- M- V? PS++@ PE>- Y+ PGP++ t- 5? X? R+@ tv- b+(++) DI D-- G? e>+++(++++) h! r++ x-]
[Furry code (1.3): FFm1r A !C D? H+++ M? P++++ R-- T W !Z Sf! RLCT a- cl+~++++>$ d--- e>+++ f? h* i++/+++ j+ p+ sf!]

Chronojet ⚙ Dragon

• The Oddity
  • 今コソ輝ケ、我ガ未来、ソノ可能性!!
« Reply #22 on: February 14, 2010, 08:13:16 PM »
I have a laser that's 250x250 px. That shouldn't possibly be mistaken as a bullet.  :yukkuri:

Areylie

• Cirno's Sister
    • Lymia's Website
« Reply #23 on: February 14, 2010, 11:12:46 PM »
I have a laser that's 250x250 px. That shouldn't possibly be mistaken as a bullet.  :yukkuri:
Instead it'd be mistaken for a angry Nuke-tan shooting disqualification rays.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2010, 11:15:41 PM by Nanoha Takamachi »

Blargel

• RAWR!
  • I'M AN ANGRY LOLI!
« Reply #24 on: February 15, 2010, 07:10:36 AM »
I asked more or less out of paranoia. I'm using lots of lasers as really long bullets in essence. (150x7 dosn't sound too confusible with a bullet)

EDIT: I am dissapoint. I just realised the rules forbid Nue-stule laser-bullets. :<
That's fine.

That's kinda iffy. Try thinking from the perspective of a non-Danmakufu scripter. Something like what you described may just look like a giant pixellated bullet to them instead of a laser.

« Reply #25 on: February 15, 2010, 07:32:29 AM »
Not that I'm entering or anything, but what about a laser that bends into a circle and flies at the player?
The SoEW patch has had its second release, come and get it!

Blargel

• RAWR!
  • I'M AN ANGRY LOLI!
« Reply #26 on: February 15, 2010, 08:27:42 PM »
That would be one amazingly programmed laser. Considering how curvy lasers behave in Danmakufu, the only way to do that would be a bendy effect object with invisible bullets positioned along it.

« Reply #27 on: February 15, 2010, 08:51:35 PM »
I just had an idea that sounds good on paper
Spoiler:
no pun intended
but will probably flop in practice. Let's see if I can make it work for this -- or finish it, for that matter.

EDIT: ...Nope, don't see how it would work. Back to the drawing board.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2010, 01:50:48 AM by rdj522 »

RavenEngie

• Now how'm I supposed to stop those mean ol' Mother Hubbards from tearin' me a structurally superfluous new behind? The answer, use a gun. If that don't work...
  • Gaming-Obsessed Illusionist
« Reply #28 on: February 16, 2010, 12:12:51 AM »
Sad to say, but not entering. Been banned from everything electronical due to feeding the dog an hour late. Don't expect me back on for at least two-three weeks. Risking my neck enough as is.
WALUIGI BACK! NOW THIS SIG IS FUNNY AGAIN!
Mah arts! :3

Nonnie Grey

• Contradictory Statement
  • The Anonymity formerly known as Kayorei
« Reply #29 on: February 16, 2010, 03:24:14 AM »
Sure, why not? I'll give this one a go.

http://www.mediafire.com/?zn2nmwnyyde

I don't think it's particularly exceptional, but... eh. I'll bring up the rear, at least. I could barely come up with anything decent that involved only lasers and that I could wrap my mind around actually getting to work properly.