Author Topic: Chen's Day Out - Wriggle Justice Edition  (Read 152803 times)

Xijiy

• What a purrfect post
Re: Chen's Day Out - Wriggle Justice Edition
« Reply #30 on: February 10, 2010, 03:44:57 AM »
> How about making chen split herself into HUMAN CHEN and CAT CHEN and then have CAT CHEN go and eavesdrop on the conversation between Lunasa and Mystia.

> Then combine the two halves again before the court goes back into session or you have the information you need.

Kuma

• Charismatic grizzly bear
  • 熊 熊 熊
« Reply #31 on: February 10, 2010, 03:46:41 AM »
Isn't there a plain talk Wikipedia out there?

> BRACE YOURSELF
Wotters gonna' wot

Chaore

• Kai Ni Recipient Many Years Late
  • You Finally Did It, Kadokawa.
« Reply #32 on: February 10, 2010, 04:07:26 AM »
>WAIT FOR AFFIDAVIT, hope Sanae's goddess powers mean she's got enough info on our day (at minnimun, for AFTER we met her) to assure the court that Chen couldn't have possibly gone to kill Meira.
>If it doesn't include times before we met Sanae, well... Suika should do for everything before that until Marisa starting murdering Chen.

You wait for the Affidavit to come in. You hope this means she'll be able to use the full extent of her goddess sight.

Whatever that may be.

> How about making chen split herself into HUMAN CHEN and CAT CHEN and then have CAT CHEN go and eavesdrop on the conversation between Lunasa and Mystia.

> Then combine the two halves again before the court goes back into session or you have the information you need.

You don't actually know Chen can do this, but luckily Chen gets the idea at the same moment.

The Shinigami are still kind of watching you though, so...

> BRACE YOURSELF

You've got a minute or so to go. You brace yourself mentally.

Xijiy

• What a purrfect post
« Reply #33 on: February 10, 2010, 04:18:05 AM »
> Cause a distraction by making a swarm of bugs appear?

> If we can't pull that off why don't we just go over to the shinigamis and ask questions about this area and anything else that we can think of to get their attention.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #34 on: February 10, 2010, 04:21:01 AM »

> If we can't pull that off why don't we just go over to the shinigamis and ask questions about this area and anything else that we can think of to get their attention.

>Let's do the second thing first, it's way less easy to be called out for it.
>In particular, ask them about what the sentence will be, and about the possibility of a plea bargain. In particular, things to draw enough attention to allow CAT CHEN to sneak about.

Chen

• Ruined my own appeal by being a dumbass
« Reply #35 on: February 10, 2010, 04:25:48 AM »
>Tap someone on the shoulder and show them your secret wriggle kick techniques.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2010, 04:40:30 AM by Chennel 2 »

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #36 on: February 10, 2010, 04:38:54 AM »
>Tap someone one the shoulder and show them your secret wriggle kick techniques.

>We'll save this for if the defense fails, and we have to Saints Row Chen out of here.

Just a GBZero

• <Kaisou> ...Yeah, kinda small, but I think it works...
  • Too much manga now means not enough manga
« Reply #37 on: February 10, 2010, 05:08:54 AM »
> What about the pin Sanae gave Chen, it may be fixed/working now

PS. First post in the game section, hope I'm doing this right

Thaws

• _m廿廿m_
« Reply #38 on: February 10, 2010, 05:35:08 AM »
>Can we get any shinigami to go get testimony or something from Tewi on sets of Reisen clothes she had, any went missing, any one asked her for clothes like that, etc?

>It'll probably turn out as Tewi having only one set/no one but Chen visited and we get into a even more dire, desperate situation. >_>

>So only perform this if anyone else agrees with me to do so.  :V

>Actually, screw it, ask for testimony from Tewi. We're parodying Phoenix Wright, we've got to get ourselves in the worst case scenario before the turnabout. :V
« Last Edit: February 10, 2010, 05:39:07 AM by Thaws »

Kuma

• Charismatic grizzly bear
  • 熊 熊 熊
« Reply #39 on: February 10, 2010, 05:51:47 AM »
>Can we get any shinigami to go get testimony or something from Tewi on sets of Reisen clothes she had, any went missing, any one asked her for clothes like that, etc?

>It'll probably turn out as Tewi having only one set/no one but Chen visited and we get into a even more dire, desperate situation. >_>

>Actually, screw it, ask for testimony from Tewi. We're parodying Phoenix Wright, we've got to get ourselves in the worst case scenario before the turnabout. :V

>Don't bother with this, Goddess>Crazy girl
Wotters gonna' wot

Chaore

« Reply #40 on: February 10, 2010, 06:08:22 AM »

>Let's do the second thing first, it's way less easy to be called out for it.
>In particular, ask them about what the sentence will be, and about the possibility of a plea bargain. In particular, things to draw enough attention to allow CAT CHEN to sneak about.

You put on your lawyer hat and get to question asking. It isn't an easy task to manage, but you manage to get CAT CHEN out for a bit before anyone notices. She doesn't seem to get much from the other side, but its the effort that counts.

In fact, Lunasa seems to be awfully calm for the position you put her in.

You get that the sentence is most likely death. You're not sure -why- anyone would expect this, probably because they can't fully judge a living person. As such, this is probably why they're not offering a plea bargain.

>Tap someone on the shoulder and show them your secret wriggle kick techniques.

>We'll save this for if the defense fails, and we have to Saints Row Chen out of here.

Your boots demand a dosage of kicks. You will sate them later...

> What about the pin Sanae gave Chen, it may be fixed/working now

You notice Chen's pin seems to be fixed now. Wasn't it broken a bit ago?

>Don't bother with this, Goddess>Crazy girl

You contemplate calling in Tewi again. It is possible, but Sanae is a much more trustworthy witness.

Her affidavit arrives.

It seems it is about time to go back to court. You've got your last few moments.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #41 on: February 10, 2010, 06:15:12 AM »
>Read affidavit.

OkashiiKisei

• Still working on the Grimoire
  • It's all about devotion
« Reply #42 on: February 10, 2010, 03:15:28 PM »
> Also, if Wriggle can do this, send a magic/telepathic message to your bug underlings to start surrounding the building and hide from sight. If all goes for the worst and Chen's about to get the death penalty, we can let the bugs charge the shinigami from behind, allowing for a rough escape.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #43 on: February 10, 2010, 04:33:26 PM »
> Also, if Wriggle can do this, send a magic/telepathic message to your bug underlings to start surrounding the building and hide from sight. If all goes for the worst and Chen's about to get the death penalty, we can let the bugs charge the shinigami from behind, allowing for a rough escape.

>What the hell kind of monarch are we? Suiciding our poor peoples like that? It's one thing to stop Meira from finishing off the Great Hakurei Border, but just for Chen? Against death itself? They'd tar and feather Wriggle for that. We'll have to find out own way out of this if it comes to Saint's Row time. =[

Chaore

« Reply #44 on: February 10, 2010, 05:21:52 PM »
>Read affidavit.

You read the Affidavit.

Seems Sanae gave you 5 sworn statements.

The first is "Chen Yakumo was in my current place of residence at least an hour and a half ago."

The second is "Before Chen Yakumo was transported to my pond, she was locked in combat with Marisa Kirisame. She was transported here by a miracle that healed her completely, upon her defeat. The battle between the two was ten minutes long."

The third is "Found by use of the miracle, the victim's exact time of death was Two hours and five minutes ago. The time of the battle at the shrine was two and a three quarters hours ago."

The fourth is "The victim's cause of death was beheading, no other lethal wounds were inflicted upon her before death. The beheading was by a large blade."

The fifth is "After death, the victim's body was moved in a fashion, but not moved beyond the place of death. Where the victim lies is approximately where she died."

You think you could get on with a Sanae religion fairly well, right now.

>What the hell kind of monarch are we? Suiciding our poor peoples like that? It's one thing to stop Meira from finishing off the Great Hakurei Border, but just for Chen? Against death itself? They'd tar and feather Wriggle for that. We'll have to find out own way out of this if it comes to Saint's Row time. =[

You're fairly sure they'd have trouble getting here, anyway. Sending instructions through commands only are a pain in the ass at times.

OkashiiKisei

« Reply #45 on: February 10, 2010, 05:27:21 PM »
> Promise yourself to spread the religion of Sanaeism all across Gensokyo and maybe even beyond.
> Calm yourself a bit down now. This may just safe Chen's hide.
> Is it possible to get more affidatives, or was this our only one?

Chaore

« Reply #46 on: February 10, 2010, 06:37:41 PM »
> Promise yourself to spread the religion of Sanaeism all across Gensokyo and maybe even beyond.
> Calm yourself a bit down now. This may just safe Chen's hide.
> Is it possible to get more affidavits, or was this our only one?

You owe Sanae at the very least, that much.

You calm yourself down. This could be what you need to turn the tide of things.

You COULD get more affidavits, but you have a feeling Lunasa would eventually call on you to call in witnesses instead, since they're far more flexible.

And if a piece of the witness' affidavit broke, the whole thing falls away...

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #47 on: February 10, 2010, 09:11:58 PM »
>The affidavit leaves 40 minutes between the battle at the shrine and Meira's death. Chen's battle with Marisa started up to 25 minutes afterwards, about an hour after the shrine battle.

Shrine Battle:2:45 ago
Meira's Death:2:05 ago
Battle w/Marisa:roughly 1:40 till 1:30 ago

>Suika was with Chen for the time between the shrine battle and until Chen went off to fight Marisa, I believe. If we called Suika as a witness, we could account for enough time that it wouldn't have been possible for Chen to have gone and killed Meira.
>Plus, unless it took Chen about 25 minutes to reach Marisa after leaving Suika, then Suika would have been with Chen at the time Meira was killed.
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

Kasu

• Small medium at large.
  • This soup has an explosive flavour!
« Reply #48 on: February 10, 2010, 09:17:25 PM »
> If I'm not mistaken, Chen also conversed with Mokou before the battle with Marisa.

Apparently, Thomas the Tank Engine isn't one to take crap from anyone.

Chaore

« Reply #49 on: February 10, 2010, 09:20:42 PM »
>The affidavit leaves 40 minutes between the battle at the shrine and Meira's death. Chen's battle with Marisa started up to 25 minutes afterwards, about an hour after the shrine battle.

Shrine Battle:2:45 ago
Meira's Death:2:05 ago
Battle w/Marisa:roughly 1:40 till 1:30 ago

>Suika was with Chen for the time between the shrine battle and until Chen went off to fight Marisa, I believe. If we called Suika as a witness, we could account for enough time that it wouldn't have been possible for Chen to have gone and killed Meira.
>Plus, unless it took Chen about 25 minutes to reach Marisa after leaving Suika, then Suika would have been with Chen at the time Meira was killed.

This should do it. You've beaten all the odds.

Unless something crazy happens, you've got this in the bag.

> If I'm not mistaken, Chen also conversed with Mokou before the battle with Marisa.

Right before you left, too.

Court is called back into order.

You can give Lunasa her turn, or keep Cirno on the stand...

Kasu

• Small medium at large.
« Reply #50 on: February 10, 2010, 09:31:30 PM »
> We should probably get on with it, so I guess it's Lunasa's turn.
> Present the Affadavit or whatever it is you do with those first though.

OkashiiKisei

« Reply #51 on: February 10, 2010, 09:32:49 PM »
> Yes, let's hear out if she has any other dangerous points. We better get those out of the way first before our grand statement.

MysTeariousYukari

• Nomnomnom~
  • Hooray~
« Reply #52 on: February 10, 2010, 09:42:08 PM »
> Yes, let's hear out if she has any other dangerous points. We better get those out of the way first before our grand statement.

I agree, this is definatly worth trying. After that we can use the Affidatvit or whatever as well as Suika as backup.

Chaore

« Reply #53 on: February 10, 2010, 10:05:49 PM »
> We should probably get on with it, so I guess it's Lunasa's turn.
> Present the Affadavit or whatever it is you do with those first though.

You're sure she can't possibly be any more of a threat than she is right now.

Lunasa keeps herself stoic as she calls her next Witness. "The prosecution calls Kogasa Tatara to the stand."

This is rather surprising for some reason.

Regardless, Kogasa Tatara pops into the stand rather suddenly. You guess it was meant to surprise you, but she was already announced, so...

Lunasa continues. "Miss Tatara wasn't an eyewitness to the actually killing, like Miss Lorelei, but she did happen to see the assailant leaving the scene."

Spidere

• My magic finger will make your problems go away
  • But I'm an asshole, so you won't get any of it
« Reply #54 on: February 10, 2010, 10:08:38 PM »
WTF? Kogasa?

> Listen to testimony.

Kasu

• Small medium at large.
« Reply #55 on: February 10, 2010, 10:08:50 PM »
> "Intriguing...  Do go on."
> This wasn't meant to sound sarcastic.

MysTeariousYukari

• Nomnomnom~
  • Hooray~
« Reply #56 on: February 10, 2010, 10:17:27 PM »
>We should hear out what Kogasa has to say. Considering Sanae's Affidatvit or whatever it's called we could potentially almost instantly shoot down... well a LOT of things that say Chen = Killer and the rest should be weakened to non-threatening levels... key words: "could" and "should".

Chaore

« Reply #57 on: February 10, 2010, 10:31:27 PM »
> Listen to testimony.

> "Intriguing...  Do go on."
> This wasn't meant to sound sarcastic.

>We should hear out what Kogasa has to say. Considering Sanae's Affidatvit or whatever it's called we could potentially almost instantly shoot down... well a LOT of things that say Chen = Killer and the rest should be weakened to non-threatening levels... key words: "could" and "should".

Lunasa nods. "You may begin your testimony, Witness."

Kogasa sits in the air and begins. "Well, It was somewhere around two hours ago. I was hiding from some Tengu I startled, when I noticed someone in a white cape fleeing from the Bird Youkai's forest. I tried to follow here a bit, but I couldn't keep up... I did manage to catch a glimpse of the person's ears, though. They were a Cat Youkai's. Later, I noticed Mystia Lorelei leaving from the same direction, so I'm pretty sure it was the direction the murder took place."

You've got a good feeling about this one.

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #58 on: February 10, 2010, 10:44:01 PM »
>Either these people are all shameless liars, or someone is a really good Chen impersonator.
>"I believe what is going on here is that someone impersonated Chen and killed Meira, in order to frame her. I have an affidavit from the goddess Sanae stating what she knows about the times of the battle at the shrine, the death of the victim, and when Chen was where."
>Present affidavit
>"The affidavit leaves 40 minutes between the battle at the shrine and Meira's death. Chen's battle with Marisa started up to 25 minutes afterward the death, about an hour after the shrine battle. This would give Chen 40 minutes to track and kill Meira."
>"However, the majority of these 40 minutes were actually spent going to the Scarlet Devil Mansion with Cirno and Suika after the battle, returning to the Hakurei Shrine with Suika, then going alone into the forest where she had the battle with Marisa. The time in between when Chen left Suika and when she fought with Marisa would not be sufficient for her to track and murder Meira. If you do not believe me, Suika should be able to confirm what I have said."
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

Chaore

« Reply #59 on: February 10, 2010, 10:52:35 PM »
>Either these people are all shameless liars, or someone is a really good Chen impersonator.
>"I believe what is going on here is that someone impersonated Chen and killed Meira, in order to frame her. I have an affidavit from the goddess Sanae stating what she knows about the times of the battle at the shrine, the death of the victim, and when Chen was where."
>Present affidavit
>"The affidavit leaves 40 minutes between the battle at the shrine and Meira's death. Chen's battle with Marisa started up to 25 minutes afterward the death, about an hour after the shrine battle. This would give Chen 40 minutes to track and kill Meira."
>"However, the majority of these 40 minutes were actually spent going to the Scarlet Devil Mansion with Cirno and Suika after the battle, returning to the Hakurei Shrine with Suika, then going alone into the forest where she had the battle with Marisa. The time in between when Chen left Suika and when she fought with Marisa would not be sufficient for her to track and murder Meira. If you do not believe me, Suika should be able to confirm what I have said."

You lay it straight on. There is absolutely no way this could be shaken.

Lunasa seems to be good at keeping a straight face, however... "Any real objections, Nightbug? Or shall this stand as is? If not... Shall we get to your magic 40 minutes?"

...She has a trap, you can tell.