Author Topic: Artificial Children of a Solar Playground  (Read 3127 times)

Caber Knight Etch-A-Sketch

• The return of something
Artificial Children of a Solar Playground
« on: April 05, 2010, 12:07:28 AM »
prologue

A planet far from the planet Terra

The roar of the jets echoed through the ruined base. It's nighttime, and although there is no moon out, the base is lighted by the fires of the attack. The wreckages of both aggressors and defenders are indistinguishable amidst the fires. Jets whine overhead at searchlight passover the base, looking for any survivors.

The comms are live with S.O.S. signals and status updates.

"Have you found the target yet?"

"Negative, the target does not seem to be in sector D."

"Search group 7. No sign of the target"

"Dammit," A woman in a large black cloak said. She seemed normal enough, minus the comm towers in place of her ears. "How hard is it to loose a transport craft?!" She looked around, another woman in heavy looking armor landing near her.

"Jeez," She moand as she pushed the hair away from her eyes," you'd think something that big could be found easily." She looked to the ground as she saw movement. It was a remenant soldier, a survivor of the attack. She tried to raise her gun to shoot, but the hyrdaulics systems were not working.

"Ara, what's this? Still alive, I see. Not for long." The woman in the black cloak pulled out a large sword and cleaved the girl in two. She gave a few more movements before her eyes darkened.

"Um, commander, couldn't we have interogated her?" The woman in the armor asked.

"It would have been a futile effort. She would probably have know where the storage unit used to be, not where it is now." She looked to the sky as she holstered her weapon.

Meanwhile, up in space, a lone storage unit could be seen, blasting away from the planet, far away from the ruined base and the war behind it. It's destination, unknown.

Re: Artificial Children of a Solar Playground
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2010, 01:54:06 AM »
Ch 1.  New Arrival

Earth, as it is known to its inhabitants. The year is now 2122. A blue planet teeming with life, many consider it a paradise. However, with every paradise, there is sure to be a serpent lurking. While technology has progressed greatly, man remains unchanged. Greedy for land and wealth, nations bicker amongst themselves with wars and massive weapons. Veritable moving fortresses dominate much of the landscape. The lives of many are held in precarious balance as these wars continue. However, there are a few places that have been untouched by the wars. However, something will arrive to this planet that could potentially turn one of these safe havens into the most important location to all conflicts around the world, and perhaps beyond.

For now, all he could think about was getting some sleep. When I say he, I refer to our protagonist, Robert Sharph, high school student. Something was on TV, saying that a meteor was found hurtling towards the earth somewhere above the skies of Itsukai, what was formerly known as Japan. It didn't matter much as he was a bit too focused on the light of the moon. The moonlight, even though it isn't actually light from the moon, was still beautiful, and getting... brighter? He jumped up to see something burnign up in the skies. It was also getting bigger... Uh oh... He brought his arms up as the object got closer and

-----

Robert was woken up by a sharp pain to the head. He fell backwards from the force of the piece of chalk onto the floor.

"Awake enough now, Robert?" The teacher asked as she pulled another piece of chalk out of her sleeve.

"Ye-yes, ma'am" He said as he got back in his chair.

"Now, as I was saying, we have an new student coming into class, so I don't want you people giving her a hard time, ok? You can come in now, Luna." The teacher said to the door. It opened, giving way to a young girl. dressed what could be a school uniform if it weren't for the massive ribbon on her back. There was also something wierd where her ears were supposed to be, but everyone assumed they were earmuffs. It was pretty cold, after all, being winter.

"My name is Luna Hiyane. Please treat me well this year." She said with a great bow. Everyone couldn't help but bow as well, not knowing how to react to such a greeting.

"Ye-yes, now Luna, if you could go over to that seat over there." The teacher pointed to an empty seat by Robert.

"Um, miss?" One student spoke up, "There's someone already there, he's just absent."

"Abesnt, huh? Well then, I don't think he'll mind having his chair taken, right?" The air got a little bit tense... In any case, Luna took her seat.

Jeesh, Robert thought to himself, Now I'll have two distractions... Hopefully, teacher-san won't come down on me harder... He felt a sharp pain on his forehead as another piece of chalk struck his head.

"And Robert, for the 100 time, stay awake!"

"Yes ma'am"

♛ Apher-Forte

• Am I to go home...or shall I stay alone?
  • Forever lost at sea, a distant bell rings for me
    • Himitsu's NSFW Blog ~ contains NSFW material
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2010, 02:35:39 AM »
I am confused if this was a Touhou fiction tale, but I would be glad if it wasn't.

<-- my artwork thread, click me!
[ Find my cosplay photos here. ] OMG I HAVE TUMBLR FOLLOW PLZX Will You Remember Me... ?

« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2010, 03:17:23 AM »
(Awaken, my child, and embrace the glory that is your birthright!)

Ch 2. It's like something out of an Anime!

It had been a long, long day. Everyone could agree with everyone else that today was tough indeed, what with the new girl causing a ruckus.

More than anything, all Robert wanted to do was head home. However, something seemed off, as it always does when something is about to go down. As he walked out of the gates, he heard a gentle voice call out to him.

"U-um, excuse me?" It was Luna, the transfer student. Why on Earth was she talking to him. Still, it would be rude to not respond.

"Yes? Um, Luna, was it?"

"Yeah, um is it ok if I walked home with you?"

Ara? Ara ara? This was certainly something to give him pause. No girl's ever asked to walk home with him, much less a transfer student! He was a happy as a pig in mud!

"Of course" He responded, maintaining his composure as best as he could. And so, the two began walking down the sidewalk. As they walked, he found out that Luna actually had no place to stay, what with her guardians having no place available at the moment. As a teenage boy, Robert was more than happy to let Luna stay at his place. Hell, he read all the literature, and knew what came next.

The two went up to the guy's room. Luna noticed a Cybernetic bay with what appeared to be a crud sevice bot in it.

"Aw, how cute! What is it's name?" She asked, petting the chassis.

"Uh, Roomba. He was supposed to be based on an old 21st century robot, but I think I went wrong somewhere. I'm not sure if it'll even turn on." Robert said, scratching the back of his head sheepishly.

"Nonsense, this child could have life in it with a bit more effort" She said, looking at the machine as one would look at a puppy.

Time went by, as Robert headed off to bed, not getting anywhere with Luna. Oh well, "that" could wait....

1:32 AM.

1:32 AM in the god damn morning, and noise was coming out of the cybernetics workshop in the basement. Pulling up his pants with a grumble, Robert got out of bed to see who was making so much noise at this time of night. Covering his eyes from the light, he could make out the figure of someone with a very large bow on their back. Luna looked back to see who had came in, her chest openned and exposing computer chips to Robert's unbelieving eyes.

Stupid Anime twists...