Author Topic: Augh Orin  (Read 6749 times)

Augh Orin
« on: May 25, 2009, 02:54:03 AM »
   I need help on Orin normal. even if I enter the stage with 4 lives I still run out before I finish orin.
On easy it isn't a problem

I think I heard that Orin was a tough boss, so I kind of expected it to be hard. But I didn't
quite think she'd be hard to the point I actually need help on it.

LHCling

• Metang@
  • ( 。゚ 3っ   )っ
Re: Augh Orin
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2009, 03:01:04 AM »
Hmm. Give me a shot type to work with.

Then I'll run through, and also give a breakdown. Orin is a fair bit different based on the difficulty, because of the nature of the bullets.
[16:25] <Kuruminut> Shut up MS Word, "fangirlism" is totally a word
<>
[07:59] <Sapz> ベーティさんは馬鹿っぽいだろう、この「っぽい」好き者

« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2009, 03:05:28 AM »
Hmm. Give me a shot type to work with.

Then I'll run through, and also give a breakdown. Orin is a fair bit different based on the difficulty, because of the nature of the bullets.

I'm using MarisaB, but I can change to almost any shot type if you don't have a strategy for that one.

nintendonut888

• So those that live now, pledge on your fists and souls
  • Leave a sign of your life, no matter how small...
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2009, 03:12:34 AM »
I found your problem: You're using Marisa B.
nintendonut888: Hey Baity. I beat the high score for Sanae B hard on the score.dat you sent me. X3
Baity: For a moment, I thought you broke 1.1billion. Upon looking at my score.dat, I can assume that you destroyed the score that is my failed (first!) 1cc attempt on my first day of playing. Congratulations.

[19:42] <Sapz> I think that's the only time I've ever seen a suicide bullet shoot its own suicide bullet

« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2009, 03:13:24 AM »
I found your problem: You're using Marisa B.

I HAVE tried other characters but I still can't seem to beat Orin.

theshirn

• THE LAWS OF THE FIESTA MEAN NOTHING
    • Wisdom is Not a Dump Stat
« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2009, 03:20:01 AM »
ReimuA, ReimuA, ReimuA.  If you're trying to beat anything, ReimuA.

[09:46] <theshim|work> there is nothing like working for a real estate company to make one contemplate arson

LHCling

• Metang@
  • ( 。゚ 3っ   )っ
« Reply #6 on: May 25, 2009, 03:22:33 AM »
MarisaB works fine. Makes the stage quite trivial. Orin becomes somewhat trivial as well... provided you know what shot type to use where.
<>

« Reply #7 on: May 25, 2009, 03:26:16 AM »
MarisaB works fine. Makes the stage quite trivial. Orin becomes somewhat trivial as well... provided you know what shot type to use where.

I generally use fire if I'm going to be stationary enough to hit the boss, water if I'm going to be moving but still at the bottom of the screen, and earth if I'm going to be circling around most of the time. I generally don't use the other two.

LHCling

• Metang@
  • ( 。゚ 3っ   )っ
« Reply #8 on: May 25, 2009, 04:36:41 AM »
http://replays.gensokyou.org/download.php?id=3364

For Orin exclusively... excluding mid-boss:

Opening: You're probably better off being at the top of the screen, with your hitbox close to where Orin raises her arm (that's a bit to the right of her sprite). Use either Water or Earth (that is, Spread and Rear) until the the first Spell Card initiates.

(If you don't want to do that, it's a matter of both avoiding random bullets, and reading the "spirals". Note that the "spiral" bullets gradually accelerate, so it's unwise to stand at the bottom of the screen.)

Cursed Sprite "Zombie Fairy". Convenient that you're at the top already (I hope), you can shoot down until the zombie fairies get in the way, in which you should stop shooting, and circle down clockwise back to the bottom. Proceed using Spread to end the Spell Card. The density of the danmaku isn't that horrible, since the zombie fairies are already cloeser to the top. You can also shotgun with Wood (oblique) at the start, and circle as normal.

Alternatively, you can just use Fire, and not destroy any zombie fairies (starting at the bottom of the screen). Initially, it is better to lure the zombie fairies to one side, then down to the corner. Then, lure the fairies towards one of the bottom corners, and go back and attack Orin. Repeat the cycle when the zombie fairies get too close again.

---

Orin's 2nd attack pattern is better dealt with if you're closer to her, and in the center. About 2/3 up the screen is good enough. Shoot, vertically stream, and repeat. Much easier than being at the bottom.

Malicious Spirit "Spleen Eater". a.k.a. The somewhat annoying Spell Card. I'd probably use Water to destroy (some, if not most) of the spirits. You also need to be close to the "explosion", to prevent walling. Sometimes, there isn't an explosion because you destroyed all the spirits. Still, stay relatively close.

---

Orin's 3rd attack pattern... difficult if you don't know what to do. It's a matter of reading the crossing patterns, and position yourself accordingly. Try to stay underneath her, but sometimes you need to move a bit more (like to the side). See: replay.

Atonement "Needle Mountain of a Former Hell" is arguably Orin's hardest Spell Card. The "ghost wheels" are aimed at you for this difficulty, so make an effort to move to the side a bit once you hear the signal. Clipdeath on this Spell Card is very common. If you see yourself in the trajectory of a "ghost wheel" (when it's about 1/3 up the screen, and you forgot to move or something), bomb it. Attempting to move out of the way unfocused or even focused (continually moving) is dangerous.

Then we end with the "Rekindling of Dead Ashes". What can I say? I would use Wood to shotgun initially, or use Fire if you're not feeling confident. Circle around, using Earth / Metal. Repeat the cycle. Also, you can shotgun bomb and end the Spell Card (almost) immediately, with Wood to further the power.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2009, 07:12:43 AM by BaitySM »
<>

stargroup

• Insufferable Faggot
  • Telling a mod to basically fuck off... GOOD IDEA!
« Reply #9 on: May 25, 2009, 07:07:36 AM »
I'm gonna give me tips based on what I remember from memory, so sorry if anything is inaccurate.

Orin is tricky, yes, but she's not too unfair.
First nonspell: This always gets me. Just read the spirals and get ready for their acceleration, and whenever you have a slight breather, align yourself out of the way of the tiny bullets (they are actually what kills me most of the time)
First spell: This is actually pretty darn easy. There are several ways to do this on Normal. Either: completely lead the zombies away to the bottom of the screen and just place yourself above them, shooting at Orin for as long as possible, then leading the zombies away again, repeat; or lead all the zombies vertically aligned with Orin and just shoot all of them down.
Second nonspell. I believe this is the homing blue streams and opening spirals again. Stay at the top of the screen, where the spirals seem to spawn on top of you but don't because bullet don't spawn on top of you. Then just slightly dodge the homing streams and you're fine.
Second spell: You really don't have to kill off too many fairies, but maybe one or two of them just so you can get out of the trap hole. Just learn to dodge it and stay in the middle of the screen and it's as easy as pie. This is probably the only one you really need a replay for if you don't know how to do it.
Third nonspell: This one is not bad at all once you get the hang of it. Just stay out of the way of the streams, but be ready to weave in between if need be. It's a pretty open attack, so going through the lines of bullets isn't hard.
Third spell: AHHHHHHH GHOST WHEELS this one is annoying. You really just have to get a hang of where the wheels will be, and adjust yourself as they get close if need be. Overall, it'll slowly push you to the right I believe. Just get a feel for them, that's it.
Final spell: Orin goes down super fast in this one, so it's not so bad. On Normal, it's easy enough that all you have to do is keep circling the screen and just shoot her down. If you get fluent at this and maximize time under her, you'll be done in a few seconds.

hiddenryuu

• Artist in Training
« Reply #10 on: May 25, 2009, 07:27:41 AM »
Ghost Wheels on normal is actually pretty manageable... all the wheels are aimed at you so all you have to do is weave thought the needles whenever you hear the wheel shot sound.

On hard and Lunatic it seems random but I can't be too sure of that.

« Reply #11 on: May 25, 2009, 09:58:28 PM »
Thanks for the help on Orin, everyone.  It's helping a lot and I might be able to beat Orin soon :D