Author Topic: [Art] AF's Art Thread III - (slightly) Slow updates only  (Read 143931 times)

♛ Apher-Forte

• Am I to go home...or shall I stay alone?
  • Forever lost at sea, a distant bell rings for me
    • Himitsu's NSFW Blog ~ contains NSFW material
Re: [Art] AF's Art Thread III - (slightly) Slow updates only
« Reply #450 on: August 12, 2011, 07:16:09 PM »
Dear diary,
today I began something

It looks like this, but I wonder who is this mysterious figure?

Hi guys, remember this?

it is done.

took me long enough, I hope you like this Kilga because if you don't I am gonna shrink your boobs by half.

IN addition, I like to make a contest of sorts, maybe a challenge, find me a background for Kilga.
Here is the PNG, you may change the color or anything but please do not rip the work as your own.
meanwhile,. thoughts behind this

I think compared with many of my art stuff this is the first one where I dedicated most of my attention to cleaning it and taking the white out of it and then used a background which would in my opinion enhance the completyion of my art.
Overall, I spent a lot of time on this one and it has been a nice journey throughout to learn some new methods of coloring.
  <-- my artwork thread, click me!
[ Find my cosplay photos here. ] OMG I HAVE TUMBLR FOLLOW PLZX Will You Remember Me... ?

Kilgamayan

• True
  • The Real Treasure Is You
    • Let's Play Super Marisa World
« Reply #451 on: August 12, 2011, 09:13:11 PM »
That is someone with whom you do not fuck.
[22:40:12] <Drake> "guys i donwloaded esod but its not workan"
[22:40:21] <Drake> REPORTED
[22:40:25] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> PROBATED
[22:40:30] <Drake> ORGASM
[22:40:32] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> FUCK YEAH

[22:28:39] <Edible> Mafia would be a much easier game if we were playing "spot the asshole"

♛ Apher-Forte

« Reply #452 on: August 13, 2011, 06:11:13 PM »

I heard the original kilga is green in profile. So here is a version which I think is closer to the original concept. Behold time lord kilga.
[ Find my cosplay photos here. ] OMG I HAVE TUMBLR FOLLOW PLZX Will You Remember Me... ?

♛ Apher-Forte

The Sexiest Bug On This Planet~
« Reply #453 on: August 15, 2011, 10:15:31 PM »
Behold

Okashii

no background:

I know it looks much less like what you show me, but I reckon if anything, my interpretation of it is just as good...?
enjoy your belated gift, it has been sometime since Okashii asked this from me.

the ugly monster tick arms will be removed in the next update, too tired to it now.
as an extra, I will try to make a wallpaper or something similiar out of this.

overall, this has been my most difficult endeavor, beginning with the detail and the amount of decisive clicks to cut the corners and sides of that frilly as shit hair, and overall the difficulty to get it to stand out.
All in all I think I spent well over a day on this coloring alone.

OkashiiKisei

• Still working on the Grimoire
  • It's all about devotion
« Reply #454 on: August 15, 2011, 11:52:41 PM »
I've told you this before and I'll say it again: thank you very much, AF~ I'm happy you remembered the gift, and went through all this trouble to make it for me. You have my gratitude~

Absolutely fantastic job, AF~ The dress is fantastic~ You nailed the design very well, and those are some nice liberties you took. I especially like the ribbon around the middle and the neck bracelet. :) Glad you made the eyes on the sleeves less organic to, though they blend a bit too much in with the dress now. The dress in general looks very elegant~ The colors are perfect too!
I also like the other little details you put in, like the long, black nails/claws and the shape of the horns is interesting. The tick limbs are fantastic. A bit monstrous, but that's to be expected. :V I love how you pulled off the design for the claws at the tips. I personally really like the tick limbs, so it's your choice whether you make a version without the tick limbs or not. :)

There are only two things that slightly bug me with this drawing:
1) It appears you made her eyes yellow/golden instead of purple. :ohdear:
2) The hair is a bit shorter and more ruffled than how I showed you, but it isn't much of a big deal. It originally reached past the hips and was meant to be more curly than ruffled, but I don't mind. It still looks great, and I can imagine you had trouble with the examples I gave you. :derp: No worries~

I apologize for all the trouble you went through making this. It sounds like it was a difficult drawing. The effort wasn't for naught though. The result is excellent~
Thank you very, very much~
« Last Edit: August 15, 2011, 11:56:22 PM by OkashiiKisei »

♛ Apher-Forte

« Reply #455 on: August 16, 2011, 12:08:15 AM »
eh, from the picture you show me it looks like her hair was in fact frazzle dazzle~ which is cute btw. (I hate curls imo, unless it is drills)

I figure her eyes should stand out more to represent her spirit, there is too much purple already so yeah.

=3
15k aim.

Woot, it is a hit already. next up 20,000.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2011, 12:36:55 AM by ♛ Tsundere Bakery »

OkashiiKisei

• Still working on the Grimoire
  • It's all about devotion
« Reply #456 on: August 16, 2011, 12:48:32 AM »
Alright then. I can live with the hair thing anyway. :) Wavy, curly, frizzly, it's all fine. I would still like those purple eyes though. I appreciate the thought of making the eyes stand out more, but yeah... I just prefer it the way it was. :ohdear: You can maybe make them a lighter shade of purple to make them stand out a little bit. :blush:

♛ Apher-Forte

« Reply #457 on: August 16, 2011, 10:33:44 PM »

YES I DID.
I couldn't resist.

here is purple eye Okashii -

and here is player two - FIRE OKASHII EMERGING FROM AWESOME FIRE

« Reply #458 on: August 16, 2011, 10:42:48 PM »
Has anyone told you you're awesome yet today, AF? Because you are.

Lloyd Dunamis

• aka Amanie
« Reply #459 on: August 18, 2011, 11:46:09 PM »
I've been wanting to say it, too, but I don't know how to make it grand or something >-<...

It's the morning of another today, so I'm going to tell you, AF, your awesome~! >w<
2010.1212 <Sakana> The only time wasted is the time in which you really do nothing at all, not even enjoying yourself
You may send me suspicious files that could be infected/a trojan, and I'll try analyzing it for you. :3 -Mo?ware, your personal Anti-Malware Engineer

♛ Apher-Forte

« Reply #460 on: August 19, 2011, 05:28:15 PM »
* ♛ Tsundere Bakery is really embarassed to say this but... Thanks.
now that Warugaki is here tho, I guess I am a whole lot less awesome if he starts posting his art stuff too. (not that he might) But thanks, I really appreciate these appreciations.

Alice★f

• That uncanny smile...
  • Kuroya Shinobu strikes again
    • TsundereWorks' Mo? Blog
« Reply #461 on: August 27, 2011, 02:28:53 AM »
Beautiful work. Even though I don't post in here often, I'm just dropping in to say that I still stalk this thread from time to time~

DeviantArtPixivTsundere WorksYoutubeNEW! Liz Triangle's S4U
日本語勉強中 | Touhou Hard Modo Gamer

wooterz

« Reply #462 on: August 27, 2011, 02:41:03 AM »
I've always loved your stuff, AF~

♛ Apher-Forte

« Reply #463 on: August 27, 2011, 09:32:20 AM »
Beautiful work. Even though I don't post in here often, I'm just dropping in to say that I still stalk this thread from time to time~

but I haven't seen you draw anymore, what happened?

I've always loved your stuff, AF~

thanks! I will try to draw more flat chests~

new stuff:
a certain insect girl, most likely cockroach, doesn't have a name yet...

and another version

cockroach-tan has a tendency to swarm into kitchens of our cooking touhous.
she is approximately the size of your palm.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2011, 09:35:31 AM by ♛ Tsundere Bakery »

Alice★f

• That uncanny smile...
  • Kuroya Shinobu strikes again
    • TsundereWorks' Mo? Blog
« Reply #464 on: August 27, 2011, 12:43:42 PM »
but I haven't seen you draw anymore, what happened?
My laptop is dead for the time being, so I can't scan and edit sketches easily. I can't make lineart either. I have been working in a few things, though, one of which I just finished recently.

Hopefuly I fix the problem soon!

And Cockroach-tan is so adorable~

DeviantArtPixivTsundere WorksYoutubeNEW! Liz Triangle's S4U
日本語勉強中 | Touhou Hard Modo Gamer

♛ Apher-Forte

« Reply #465 on: August 27, 2011, 03:57:21 PM »
Rin Satsuki original: [nsfw]http://i.imgur.com/7On7g.jpg[/nsfw]

Rin Satsuki Watery/Aqua : [nsfw]http://i.imgur.com/vDrcm.jpg[/nsfw]

Rin Satsuki Gaia/Nature : [nsfw]http://i.imgur.com/Jijfr.jpg[/nsfw]

So here is the Moerin tribute, been meaning to color her as soon as I get good at this formula.
I guess it is better now than never. Rin Satsuki comes in three RPG flavors!

♛ Apher-Forte

« Reply #466 on: August 27, 2011, 04:20:55 PM »
T-A-C here, riding into the night as the vampire librarian.

I am going to spend this post talking about TAC's character.

Prologue:
By day, TAC is a cute librarian, quiet, silver haired librarian whose job is to look after her library, no one knows what for since only she reads the books, filled with arcane knowledge and maybe occassionally some of the less 'imbecilic' of the members of the Idiot Hierarchy will come here, maybe for reasons unknown they have businesses or they liked the smell of the books, which could be just another fetish for them. She shrugged her shoulders, and refused to think any further on that part.

Her full moon rises tonight, and she adjusted her glasses to meet the sun outside the stained glass that adorned her desk, where a single desk light held by a spirit hang loosely on a pole, which was facing east, where her biggest bookshelf 'Arminde' sat. In Arminde, sat books of lore; arcane tomes of countless eons before even her existence, and kept in perfect mint condition, sealed by magic, wrought further by iron clasps which ensured the contents to never be met by unworthy eyes.

In the sanctity of this library, the smell of musk from old covers and rotting pages, the scurry of unknown sounds, the shuffling of her feet upon the stone cold floor,  and the flipping of the pages were her only companions, they are good to her as she is good to them. Her eyes looked at bit, a blue hue has descended as the noon day cast its rays across her blue walls. The quiet was deafening inside here, and she is alone to her thoughts. It is beautiful as it is lonesome, like a melody that yearns to be heard but remains as silent as it ever will be.

In the cold mornings, she would dress herself in her blue silver robe, her glasses of square rims, the hair of hers which lay messy will be combed by her own hands as she carefully transfix them into the soft hat she wears. It is something akin to a skull cap, only much smaller, it covers the center of her head. The thing is what separates her from the rest, it is blackish-gray in color. The contrast of her purple hue eyes and the other yellow in color makes it difficult for people to tell she is other than a timid librarian. It keeps her in the dark, in keeps her in the sanctity of this peaceful place, where her provider, the ever permanent Sakana dwells freely with her floating fish...

It is strange, how she is an outcast or avoided one in her own library, maybe for the better... if her master found out she was the same enemy that she has fought so many times before on those full moon nights... it would have devastated their relationships. The last full moon they have met again, her on the one side, and her master, Sakana on the other. They both fought, danmaku at first, but quickly becoming a brawl that transcended spellcard rules. They eventually gotten very serious, with their own pride thrown in the line, it was difficult to give up. Of course, she has considered the option, after all, surrendering and not having to die, to be held captive till morning when she would return to her true form of the librarian she is... will relieve her of the stone that weighs heavy upon her heart.

If only it were indeed possible. Her heart weighted the option with her logical mind and in this quaint sanctum she has carved her life into, she wondered if it were riskier to have it revealed, than to have it concealed. If only she could draw her own conclusion, she paused to think; perhaps things would have been easier.

Nonetheless.

The night beckons, with each ticking second her skin shivered, longing inside her that explodes once a full moon, the lust inside for blood...

No one would believe... the devout worshiper of light... the lover of sunlight and books... the beloved librarian of the quiet library... is the crime whom everyone seeks to solve...

If only she was never bitten...

[Night approaches...]

Her skin ruptured with frenzied power, the air around her sizzled. Time seemed to pause, and seams of miasma erupted from the gaps of her own silent corner of the library, sealed in by her magic circle... a trapping mechanism she designed herself so her transformation can come and go unseen behind a blind made of nothing but air and magic. In this little corner once a month, she would suffer her pain alone, yelling first, before becoming a bloodcurdling scream as her personality gets replaced by a vengeful one...

The vampire who bit her made sure she had fun... and injected her with the personality of a killer never before seen in this peaceful land. She is as violent as she is destructive, a self proclaimed lord of the night, she was the nightmare that terrorized the countryside, and the librarians that urge her letting go of her hate for books make sure she is kept in her place... but each time, she would defeat them... to reach the stage of meeting with Sakana.

And only then... then she will fight to her utmost ability...

There, she will seek out her truth...

but what for... if only she can cure herself.

And that is why, she must seek out the lost tome... held only by Sakana the key... the one tome that will free her from this misery.

Maybe then, she can be in peace.

Until then, her identity under the full moon sky shall remain as vengeful as it needed be.

« Reply #467 on: August 27, 2011, 05:30:29 PM »
I'm really happy with how this turned out. There's a lot about it that seems... fitting.

« Reply #468 on: August 27, 2011, 09:19:13 PM »
Rin Satsuki
Thanks to Sweet Bro and Hella Jeff, I can no longer see characters who are pantsless for no particular reason without thinking "errrrr .... uh, rin ........" "yeah dude" "where are youre pants ...............?"

But yeah, that and TAC are pretty awesome.

DX7.EP

• Red shroom
  • Smooth Charisma
    • Sanmaat (site of personal tat)
« Reply #469 on: August 28, 2011, 02:53:32 AM »
Wow, can't believe I haven't commented on here yet....

I will have to say that cockroach youkai, Rin, and TAC look quite nice! :*
C:DOS> ayayaya.mid
Bad command or file name

C:>_

♛ Apher-Forte

« Reply #470 on: August 28, 2011, 04:11:00 AM »
ya hoo! thanks very much~!
glad to see people like my stuff as usual~
I still have many backlogs, and somewhat sorry about some who got delayed since last year...

Nobu

• Serendipitous Youkai
  • i post while naked
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #471 on: August 29, 2011, 05:02:45 AM »
So here is the Moerin tribute, been meaning to color her as soon as I get good at this formula.
I guess it is better now than never. Rin Satsuki comes in three RPG flavors!

Dat lower half :o Egads.
Tumblr (sometimes NSFW) | PM for Facebook

♛ Apher-Forte

« Reply #472 on: August 30, 2011, 09:31:32 AM »
Dat lower half :o Egads.

don't spray your (_______) yet, I have plenty of scarier, darker, more macabre art to show you lot, but it is gonna be delayed for the time being because quite simply cleaning them is hell.
 :ohdear:

Nonetheless, I am proud to announce I have decided to do a bit of scary stuff.

Alfred F. Jones

• Estamos orgullosos del Batall?n Lincoln
  • y de la lucha que hizo por Madrid
« Reply #473 on: August 30, 2011, 05:30:30 PM »
Nonetheless, I am proud to announce I have decided to do a bit of scary stuff.
Scary? I like scary. :3c

♛ Apher-Forte

« Reply #474 on: September 05, 2011, 03:18:44 PM »

mrgghll cannon

Alfred F. Jones

• Estamos orgullosos del Batall?n Lincoln
  • y de la lucha que hizo por Madrid
« Reply #475 on: September 06, 2011, 04:14:47 AM »
That arm cannon and all its details. I have always admired your eye (and patience) for them.

♛ Apher-Forte

« Reply #476 on: September 09, 2011, 06:56:25 PM »
Thanks Ruro (belated)
I really like to add details to things, I consider it absolutely essential to bringing your version of said artwork to life, even if you are just copying other people's characters.

preview

♛ Apher-Forte

« Reply #477 on: September 12, 2011, 10:41:08 PM »
EVOLUTION

>>> >>> >>>

and it goes on.
the background is actually a radio tower in the UK somewhere.. sadly. Also, no boat.

Kerigis

• *Gnaws Donut*
  • Bow down before the true administrator!
« Reply #478 on: September 13, 2011, 04:50:20 AM »
That's a really impressive Mononobe no Futo!

And the Cannon Girl is so... *gnaws own arm*

Powerup punchin'!

♛ Apher-Forte

« Reply #479 on: September 13, 2011, 11:13:09 AM »
That's a really impressive Mononobe no Futo!

And the Cannon Girl is so... *gnaws own arm*

But you already have a monster arm!