Author Topic: [Art] Gensokyo's Most "Popular" MAP Returns!  (Read 3189 times)

Captain Onimaru

[Art] Gensokyo's Most "Popular" MAP Returns!
« on: April 19, 2012, 07:51:55 AM »
Hey everyone, it's me! That guy nobody knows!

A couple years ago I used my vast no-lifing knowledge of Touhou canon to extrapolate and draw a traditional looking map of Gensokyo as accurately as possible. Naturally the various print materials and games don't provide enough information to create a "perfect" map, but I used every single obscure clue ever mentioned in them to get as close as I could. (I even used Google Earth at Mt. Yatsugatake.) I was the first to do this as far as I can tell, because it apparently became rather popular as a reference piece with some of the fans.

Anyway, I updated the original version and addressed some of the minor discrepancies that had arisen. This time I gave the map a completely traditional look but removed the translations. I've heard a lot of people saying they would love to be able to hang one on their wall, so I think this will make them very happy. I'm thinking of making prints to sell or give away at conventions, so I am saving the full high resolution version for those special events.

The old one can be found here, for those curious about the translations: http://captainonimaru.deviantart.com/gallery/#/d2p7mcr
Note: that link won't direct you to the proper image if anything is blocking scripts on dA.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2012, 07:56:40 AM by Onimaru »