Author Topic: Danmakufu Q&A/Problem Thread v3  (Read 213294 times)

Iryan

• Ph?nglui mglw?nafh
  • Cat R?lyeh wgah?nagl fhtagn.
Re: Danmakufu Q&A/Problem Thread v3
« Reply #990 on: June 19, 2010, 04:29:11 PM »
Ah, that is a little advanced.

You see, because you defined the UFO object in the spell card script, it ceases to exist once the spell ends. To get around this problem, you will have to put the code that defines the object inside the stage script that the boss script is part of. To call the object at the right time, I advise creating a CommonData "UfoSpawn" that is set to false. Then you code the stage script so that it will spawn the object and set UfoSpawn to false if its value was true before. Then you make it so that, at the time when the object would be spawned in the player script, you set the UfoSpawn to true instead.

Understood?
Old Danmakufu stuff can be found here!

"As the size of an explosion increases, the numbers of social situations it is incapable of solving approaches zero."

« Reply #991 on: June 19, 2010, 04:41:28 PM »
Thank you. It worked. :]

Stuffman

• We're having a ball!
« Reply #992 on: June 19, 2010, 06:42:52 PM »
Sigh.

You know that bug with fog where if you use a polygon that's too big it'll get shaded uniformly instead of having the fog applied correctly? Well on my new computer that bug occurs with any polygon large enough to fill the screen. I'm not sure if it's Windows 7 or my video card causing it. Anybody want to offer any ideas of how I could try to fix it? I already updated my video card drivers. I'd like to try some of the checkbox options in config to see if any of them help but I don't know what they are.

Gc

• youtu.be/pRZpjlrKM8A
« Reply #993 on: June 19, 2010, 08:04:06 PM »
Sigh.

You know that bug with fog where if you use a polygon that's too big it'll get shaded uniformly instead of having the fog applied correctly? Well on my new computer that bug occurs with any polygon large enough to fill the screen. I'm not sure if it's Windows 7 or my video card causing it. Anybody want to offer any ideas of how I could try to fix it? I already updated my video card drivers. I'd like to try some of the checkbox options in config to see if any of them help but I don't know what they are.
That could be because Danmakufu does not work with DirectX 11. But don't quote me.

Helepolis

• Charisma!
  • O-ojousama!?
« Reply #994 on: June 19, 2010, 08:33:39 PM »
Stuffman I have the EXACT same problem with my 3D stages. The fog error is occurring while I was pretty damn sure on XP it wasn't.

Stuffman

• We're having a ball!
« Reply #995 on: June 19, 2010, 08:52:47 PM »
One solution is to tile the floor with polygons instead of making it one huge one, but I'm finding it impossible to make it seamless, so it also looks bad. :ohdear:

Helepolis

• Charisma!
  • O-ojousama!?
« Reply #996 on: June 19, 2010, 08:54:34 PM »
My floor sections are 1024x1024 each, the only problem is that the backdrop fog sheet is too large, probably that is why it is bleeding through. But it aint bleeding through in my DJ stage. Wonder why exactly =/

How big is yours then?

Stuffman

• We're having a ball!
« Reply #997 on: June 19, 2010, 08:57:58 PM »
It was 1000x1500 in the version that worked in WinXP. If I get it down to around 800x800 the bug stops triggering but that isn't enough to cover the screen, especially given how you descend from the clouds at the start of the game.

I'm gonna need to find a solution to this since obviously there'll be some people playing this on Win7.

Azure Lazuline

• Looooove!!
  • PM me for free huggles and love!
    • Entanma Project - indie game development
« Reply #998 on: June 19, 2010, 09:06:55 PM »
Make a transparent gradient image, then manually place that over the floor so it gets darker as it gets farther away from the camera. It's a bit harder to work with, but it looks better and you get more control over what it looks like.

Chronojet ⚙ Dragon

• The Oddity
  • 今コソ輝ケ、我ガ未来、ソノ可能性!!
« Reply #999 on: June 19, 2010, 09:07:21 PM »
Hmmmmm...
Why is it that some functions don't work on certain types of scripts
e.g. GotSpellCardBonus on stage scripts?
But others work e.g. ShootDownPlayer;

WARNING: 1 POST TO THREAD LOCK.

Stuffman

• We're having a ball!
« Reply #1000 on: June 19, 2010, 09:10:53 PM »
Make a transparent gradient image, then manually place that over the floor so it gets darker as it gets farther away from the camera. It's a bit harder to work with, but it looks better and you get more control over what it looks like.

Hmm, I'll try this; it should work; I'll put the floor before the fog command so mountains and such get affected normally.

In other news,
3000 POSTS OF PROBLEM SOLVING. WELL DONE.