Author Topic: Walking Scripts (A miracle - will not happen -)  (Read 79664 times)

Helepolis

• Charisma!
  • O-ojousama!?
Re: Walking Scripts (New Script Released)
« Reply #60 on: December 01, 2009, 05:13:52 PM »
Thanks for pointing those horrible errors I've commited. -.-

Note to myself: I WILL NOT RELEASE ANYTHING IN A HURRY.

Go to the first post and download the quick fix please.

Sorry for the incovencience.

FAINARU MASUTA SUPAAAAARKUUUU

Don't worry, we all make those mistakes time to time. I am curious as I didn't download it yet ( no time to do so anyway atm XD ) So I'll wait till the fixed version is upped.

Lawence Codye

• The Nine Tails of Subconscious...
  • Come & your desires shall all become reality...
« Reply #61 on: December 01, 2009, 05:55:04 PM »
The fix is up...sorry don't know or care what's going on there, but I am downloading that new release as I speak...& the fix of course...be back with feedback...
I am the Nine Tails of Subconscious...

Come & your greatest desires will be reality...

Primula

• EARL TYPE 222
« Reply #62 on: December 01, 2009, 10:27:59 PM »
Hooray for honorable mention!

« Reply #63 on: December 02, 2009, 04:50:34 AM »
Please 1cc me
Okay

* Suikama goes and beats Alice

Well that wasn't so har

FINAL FORM LOL

Fuck.

In anycase you've done it again. You've crafted both a beautiful and finely tuned script in terms of pretty much EVERYTHING. The graphics, the details, mechanics, and most of all design! I gotta say you have the most ZUN-like patterns out of anyone on this board, without actually copying his attacks directly. Not only are they well designed (oh man that clone card :D) and well balanced, but the colour and bullet choice is one that even ZUN would be proud of. That is one thing a lot of other scripts lack, but you have down at ZUN-like levels.

My ONLY gripe is her shockwave-like attack during her final two spells. Not only are they both survival cards (derp), but they seem to have hitboxes before they even spawn. It took me several lives (and my 1cc >_>) to figure out that they did in fact give a warning but it was quite suttle and difficult to see among the sea of yellow created by other bullets. I could barely react to them even though the spell was running at 30 fps (my memory is low okay :V).

So yeah a huge GJ to you. You've manged to outdo yourself again! (you should totally join the Ijiyatsu team :V)

Also too many survival cards :V

Zengar Zombolt

• Space-Time Tuning Circle - Wd/Fr
  • Green-Red Divine Clock
« Reply #64 on: December 02, 2009, 04:57:31 AM »
Everything Suikama said. Add to that a good job on the item script, and well, everything.
PS: Did you intend to add EX-Level spellcard Armor? It doesn't seem to work.

« Reply #65 on: December 02, 2009, 05:00:35 AM »
Everything Suikama said. Add to that a good job on the item script, and well, everything.
PS: Did you intend to add EX-Level spellcard Armor? It doesn't seem to work.
I think that yellow barrier just shows how long your bomb lasts.

Drake

« Reply #66 on: December 02, 2009, 05:42:07 AM »
Usual HOLY GREAT JOB WHAT IS THIS. I loved the Mystical Records-esque cards you put in, especially. All around just amazing.

I'm going to be totally honest, I got to her 2nd's first non-card, dodged the cheato lasers the way you would in MS and screamed OH YOU BITCH out loud. Hahaha.

Points that need improving:
-Choice in music (while it's Grimoire of Alice, I didn't really like the arrange)
-Not your fault, but the hitboxes of the oval Eirin bullets and the glowing bullets are too big.
-Dialogue is obviously not your strong point lol (or not focused upon, which is understandable)
-Yuka and Mima, while fine on the stage, are absolutely terrible at Alice.
-More lives and only one continue allowed? Lower the threshold for obtaining lives, I think.

But jesus wow. You continue to amaze me. Patterns are excellent and even the ones that weren't copied were very ZUN-like. Super kudos.
Disregarding Suikama, I am actually asking you if you'd want to design patterns when the time comes, for Ijiyatsu. Would you be interested? Even if it's only a few, your skills would be greatly appreciated.

A Colorful Calculating Creative and Cuddly Crafty Callipygous Clever Commander
- original art by Aiけん | ウサホリ -

Lawence Codye

« Reply #68 on: December 02, 2009, 09:54:58 AM »
The stage looks fantastic...the texture, colors, enemies, boss, danmaku, background(especially this) & Yuka & Mima all look outstanding...couldn't even clear the stage though(this is because I'm a bit rusty though to be honest)...ironic thing is that I lost both my continues by time I saw that one attack I never get past in MS...the one with the danmaku imitating flapping wings which I hate so much...can't wait to see more in the future...

Johnny Walker

• Perdition Crisis~
« Reply #69 on: December 02, 2009, 08:53:22 PM »
@Helepolis
<Hugs him while crying with a bottle in the hand...>

@Hizengar Byakuren
Yes, it was removed before the upload, but the effect is nice, so i keep it.

@Vappie
You saved me from spriting a new Marisa. Now, give me a Sanae D: .

@Drake

Moar cheato-lasers in phantasm version.

- Music : I liked the stage song. It?s calm and fits well the stage. And for the boss song... It was a pain. It was difficult to find a beautiful version of "Grimoire of Alice" that fits the game.
 I almost used an Umineko bgm.

- Dialogue: You're totally right. In both reasons (do you remember yukari+beato dialogue?). -_-

- Players: I learned almost all safespots in the spellcards with all the chars, so It was difficult for me to test that. Thanks for pointing that.

- Lives: Download the 1.2 update =P

As for the Ijiyatsu offer, I think i'm not prepared yet for a big project like that. I need to polish my skills a little more before that.

@Lawence Codye
That is one of my favourite patterns in the games.

-----

Well, now the news:
Click on the link below to download the 1.02 update.
http://www.mediafire.com/?oqwzjmdgxjj

Refer to the first post for details.

------
I want to include Sanae as playable here :V

Helepolis

• Charisma!
  • O-ojousama!?
Re: Walking Scripts (Alice 1.02 Released)
« Reply #70 on: December 02, 2009, 08:58:12 PM »
Downloading, because I like Walker's attention to detail and therefor need to see this.

Edit:

* Helepolis takes off his charismatic hat. 

There is a time when a true man has to approve another being great. It is your spotlight for sure. Seriously, I loved how you mutated the draw types of the bullets to make them appear different. A true expert at work here. I can only comment on the look and feel of the game instead of the actual danmaku.

The patterns and colours and effects being used for stage, attacks and everything is just strong. Good job.

And speaking of Ijiyatsu. I think Drake meant more like helping out with programming a few patterns for like fairies or spellcards as the actual game is already in the make ( well library is ).
« Last Edit: December 02, 2009, 10:19:21 PM by Helepolis »

« Reply #71 on: December 02, 2009, 11:50:58 PM »
Well this is odd, I downloaded your Cirno script and neither of them have a plural or stage entry for the whole fight; closest I found was "spells only".

EDIT:

The Alice in Wonderland script crashed after Alice's first nonspell ended.

Similarly, the no-stage phantasm script(is there a phantasm script with a stage?) crashes immediately giving this error:

Lastly, Mima's dialogue with Alice has a spot that needs a linebreak.
But for that matter, that piece of dialogue could be better written as
Spoiler:
I knew this day would come,
so I've studied a lot.

My gripes with errors messages and English aside, I love how you worked in the card soldiers, and I also really liked how you were able to work in the Dream mechanic. The kamikaze dolls were cool, too. Some of the aimed shot areas were unfair the first time around; how was I supposed to know that they would come from behind like that? XD

Just something to note about the errors, though; I currently have all of the scripts from this topic installed, just in case that might have something to do with it.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2009, 12:18:30 AM by Prime 2.0 »
The SoEW patch has had its second release, come and get it!

Johnny Walker

• Perdition Crisis~
« Reply #72 on: December 03, 2009, 02:40:09 PM »
I hate me. Thanks Prime.

I fixed those things. Now, the script should work perfectly. (fixed some typos too)

Nimble

• Broken English Fox
  • Rushing toward the bullet!
    • Viewmix
Re: Walking Scripts (Alice 1.02 - refixed -_-)
« Reply #73 on: December 03, 2009, 07:47:00 PM »
Really cool. Grimoire of Alice got me everything from the start.

Stage, effect, pattern, system they are cool. Except this version of the Grimoire of Alice theme, but it still ok.

Great Job.

//--------------------------------------------------

I try 1cc (extra) with special cheat mode 749mhz PC >:D
I retry after die twice from back-doll in first play.

Ok her beloved doll got me once and finally the master.....

What!?

Ok! bring it on! 1 more life left!

Alice-san, playing with fire is not good for your doll too. Use something like bubble instea....

* Nimble was burn in shame

run out of coin message : I hate glowing fireball :'(

Re: Walking Scripts (Alice 1.02 - refixed -_-)
« Reply #74 on: December 13, 2009, 04:43:28 AM »
Well I tried out 1.02 and oddly enough when I collected 200 point items I did not get any extra lives and the counter was still at XXX/200.

I died both quickly and horribly ._.

Johnny Walker

• Perdition Crisis~
Re: Walking Scripts (Alice 1.03 - pointnorm fix)
« Reply #75 on: December 13, 2009, 06:49:56 AM »
Well I tried out 1.02 and oddly enough when I collected 200 point items I did not get any extra lives and the counter was still at XXX/200.

I died both quickly and horribly ._.
Thanks Suikama for your feedback. I love you.

Version 1.03 update (4.48 KB)

Blargel

• RAWR!
  • I'M AN ANGRY LOLI!
« Reply #76 on: December 15, 2009, 04:20:20 AM »
Finally got around to looking at some more scripts from other people. The difficulty of these scripts is a bit above my level but still pretty fun to play. Cirno was great. Tenshi's rock bullets were kinda weird. Beato was hard. Alice is wtfhard. However the quality of all the danmaku and effects is top-notch.

One thing I wanna nitpick about is the Yuka player. She was the char I picked for Alice and boy was that a bad idea. I dunno if it was intentional or not, but her focused attack is horrendously weak. I thought at first that Alice had way too much health until I realized that if I played unfocused, the attacks actually ended much more quickly. Which wasn't until like 10 attacks in. And playing unfocused against those sort of attacks is nothing short of suicide. Also, Yuka's hitbox felt way too huge. I didn't take a look at what you set the size to, but I was getting hit when I thought I was safe. I'll have to try this again with one of the default characters later.
<WorkingKeine> when i get home i just go to the ps3 and beat people up in blazblue with a loli
<Azure> Keine: Danmakufu helper by day, violent loli by night.

Johnny Walker

• Perdition Crisis~
« Reply #77 on: December 15, 2009, 05:53:06 AM »
Many Thanks Blargel for your feedback and for writing those awesome tutorials.

I updated Yuka player (the hitbox of the tiny green bullet was HUGE). You can download it from the first post.
Also, I uploaded a short script based on Yumemi Okazaki. Enjoy.

Go To The First Post

Iryan

• Ph?nglui mglw?nafh
  • Cat R?lyeh wgah?nagl fhtagn.
Re: Walking Scripts (Visiting Yumemi)
« Reply #78 on: December 15, 2009, 02:35:14 PM »
Well, what can I say? The danmaku is fun, difficult without feeling cheap. Nothing outstandingly awesome, but very enjoyable nontheless.
The crosses look great and the presentation in general is very good. I would've preferred the original Strawberry Crisis, but this will do fine, lest you get a STOP JOHNNY WALKER!, eh?  :V

I think I might decide to play this now and again in the future, which is more than one can say from most scripts.

Good job.

d-(?_^)
Old Danmakufu stuff can be found here!

"As the size of an explosion increases, the numbers of social situations it is incapable of solving approaches zero."

Lawence Codye

« Reply #79 on: December 15, 2009, 05:12:32 PM »
downloading updated Yuka player...considering I agreed completely with Blargel...glad it was fixed...oh, & the other new script...

« Reply #80 on: December 15, 2009, 07:21:03 PM »
Damn that last spell was intense dood :V

Blargel

• RAWR!
  • I'M AN ANGRY LOLI!
« Reply #81 on: January 01, 2010, 10:38:06 PM »
So uhhhh, I 1cced Alice. With the most dps person allowed: Marisa B. Bomb spam yay.
Only reason I was able to pull this off was because Alice isn't immune to bombs. Which I think is weird because she grows that orange shield thing when you bomb and I thought it was going to negate the damage. Oh well.

EDIT: Wait... I think it desyncs. Fuck me. =_=
EDIT: Reattached a good replay. Did worse than the desynced one, but hey I 1cced it still. :D
« Last Edit: January 01, 2010, 11:56:02 PM by Blargel »
<WorkingKeine> when i get home i just go to the ps3 and beat people up in blazblue with a loli

Johnny Walker

• Perdition Crisis~
« Reply #82 on: January 01, 2010, 11:52:37 PM »

Congratulations :P
I took out the damage reduction because it made Alice way too hard, but i forgot to take the effect out.

Blargel

• RAWR!
  • I'M AN ANGRY LOLI!
« Reply #83 on: January 02, 2010, 12:10:43 AM »
Since I went through the stage a few more times for a replay that didn't desync, I thought I might as well share some things that I thought could be improved upon.

First off, the Shanghai Doll midboss is ridiculous. Not only did you make it a survival, she tosses what looks like solid walls of red right off the bat, though I managed to squeeze through it a few times.

Second, while most of your nonspells are pretty well balanced and actually dodgable, I have a few bones to pick with you about some of those spellcards. Her third spell, for example, is just ridiculous. Try as I might, I couldn't figure out any way to capture it so I resorted to bombing it right away. The fourth spell, I finally realized you were supposed to go up and down to capture it instead of left and right. After I 1cced it twice now.

The two final spellcards, which you named Forbidden Magic, are so drastically different in difficulty. The second part is so much easier than the first, but the first is so bullshit hard. The main thing that made it hard was that a lot of the bullets were traveling a bit too fast. The last section in the first half could stand to slow down the rotation of the bullets a bit 'cause I was always being raped by the rotating arrowheads while trying to wait for the orange blasts to pass by. Also, the orange blast's tail has a strange hitbox. I kept getting caught by them when I was sure the darn blast passed by already.

Finally, playing as a straight shot type, I'd like to say that Alice certainly loves to make it hard to stay directly in front of her. Either she's moving around like crazy, forcing me to stream to the side while running the opposite way I'm heading, or putting up a huge amount of bullets and forcing me to focus on dodging in the same area while running from me. You might want to come up with a movement function that moves bosses in the general vertical position of the player rather than just pure random movement.

P.S. My last post has an updated replay that doesn't freaking desync. >_<

Lawence Codye

« Reply #84 on: January 02, 2010, 12:22:24 AM »
I agree with Blargel...though I actually got to the first Forbidden Magic spell & lost inebiletely...that's as far as I got & no replay cause the stage took a continue & a life from me prior to the boss fight...mostly due to the midbosses...& also the only character I did well overall on this script with was Yuka...but my best run was with Mima ??? ... as hard as it was...guess I'll try 1cc it myself sometime tomorrow...

Johnny Walker

• Perdition Crisis~
« Reply #85 on: January 02, 2010, 01:04:27 AM »
Thanks for your posts.

I'll watch your replay warmly later, Blargel. I can't at this moment.
First off, the Shanghai Doll midboss is ridiculous. Not only did you make it a survival, she tosses what looks like solid walls of red right off the bat, though I managed to squeeze through it a few times.

-I liked the idea of a shangai for midboss (It replaced the jack of the original version). I'll check her patterns.

Second, while most of your nonspells are pretty well balanced and actually dodgable, I have a few bones to pick with you about some of those spellcards. Her third spell, for example, is just ridiculous. Try as I might, I couldn't figure out any way to capture it so I resorted to bombing it right away. The fourth spell, I finally realized you were supposed to go up and down to capture it instead of left and right. After I 1cced it twice now.
-All cards are beatable (sorry for the hardest ones. I will check that too). The "Mind Breaker" card is VERY easy once you figure it how to beat it.

The two final spellcards, which you named Forbidden Magic, are so drastically different in difficulty. The second part is so much easier than the first, but the first is so bullshit hard. The main thing that made it hard was that a lot of the bullets were traveling a bit too fast. The last section in the first half could stand to slow down the rotation of the bullets a bit 'cause I was always being raped by the rotating arrowheads while trying to wait for the orange blasts to pass by. Also, the orange blast's tail has a strange hitbox. I kept getting caught by them when I was sure the darn blast passed by already.
-As for the "Forbidden" cards, I tried to imitate the last spells of Mystic Records in Mystical Chain. I will touch the code to make them more balanced.

Finally, playing as a straight shot type, I'd like to say that Alice certainly loves to make it hard to stay directly in front of her. Either she's moving around like crazy, forcing me to stream to the side while running the opposite way I'm heading, or putting up a huge amount of bullets and forcing me to focus on dodging in the same area while running from me. You might want to come up with a movement function that moves bosses in the general vertical position of the player rather than just pure random movement.

-Movement... Movement. That's my karma. Seriously. I played my releases a few days ago and I've got this problem in lots of spellcards. I'm redoing the Cirno script and i have changed almost all "SetMovePositionRandom01()"  to "SetMovePosition02()" because she moves in a shitty way in the entire script.

I agree with Blargel...though I actually got to the first Forbidden Magic spell & lost inebiletely...that's as far as I got & no replay cause the stage took a continue & a life from me prior to the boss fight...mostly due to the midbosses...& also the only character I did well overall on this script with was Yuka...but my best run was with Mima ??? ... as hard as it was...guess I'll try 1cc it myself sometime tomorrow...
-As I said before, I will check the "Forbidden" spells and Shangai script to balance them :P.

I will release an update for the Cirno Script and for Alice in a few days. Very Thanks for the feedback.

Blargel

• RAWR!
  • I'M AN ANGRY LOLI!
« Reply #86 on: January 02, 2010, 09:32:52 AM »
The "Mind Breaker" card is VERY easy once you figure it how to beat it.

I beat it. :P
You're right that IS easy, but so unintuitive. Maybe this is just my opinion, but spellcards are supposed to be able to be figured out within the first or second playthrough. That one took me like 309284 tries. Maybe I should've practiced the single attacks before attempting 309284  stage runs. :V

I'm gonna attempt a better run someday. Alice is strangely addictive to fight. :P
« Last Edit: January 02, 2010, 09:34:29 AM by Blargel »

Nobu

• Serendipitous Youkai
  • i post while naked
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #87 on: January 03, 2010, 09:33:50 AM »
Wooow, that Yumemi script makes me happy I jumped into playing Danmakufu. So amazing! I think any Yumemi fan would be pleased.

I'm not a player of hard mode but damn that last survival card was epic and ridiculous. I honestly think if Yumemi didn't whoop my ass that hard, I wouldn't have thought this script gave her justice. ^_^

*EDIT* Now that I've had the chance to play/watch the other scripts, all I can say is wow. Seriously. There's really too much awesome wrapped up in these scripts to comment on in any kind of short, manageable way. You are simply awesome \o/
« Last Edit: January 03, 2010, 10:30:00 PM by Tatara Konobu »
Tumblr (sometimes NSFW) | PM for Facebook

Johnny Walker

• Perdition Crisis~
« Reply #88 on: January 03, 2010, 10:43:39 PM »
Yumemi was made in a few days appling only basic functions to the scripts. She has a nice difficulty balance. I love that Script too.

Now I'm updating some of my scripts.

Cirno is cosplaying...

Does that count as a fan-made sprite?
« Last Edit: January 03, 2010, 11:07:09 PM by Johnny Walker »

Johnny Walker

• Perdition Crisis~
Re: Walking Scripts (Cirno's Playground 1.53 UPDATE)
« Reply #89 on: January 12, 2010, 10:11:34 PM »
Bumping...

I uploaded a cleaner and updated version of my Cirno script.

Go to the First Post

I will check the other scripts too.