Author Topic: Walking Scripts (A miracle - will not happen -)  (Read 79578 times)

Drake

Re: Walking Scripts (Tenshi MiniStage Released)
« Reply #30 on: July 03, 2009, 01:54:58 AM »
Done. I guess I'll just record ASAP.

A Colorful Calculating Creative and Cuddly Crafty Callipygous Clever Commander
- original art by Aiけん | ウサホリ -

« Reply #31 on: July 03, 2009, 03:19:48 AM »
Ooo, hard mode. Interesting thing is that the replay appears valid for all three scripts, it just desyncs on Normal and Lunatic, heh. Nice replay.

Drake

« Reply #32 on: July 03, 2009, 04:08:44 AM »
asdf hahaha

12 minutes means a nono for Youtube. Gonna have to split it.

Johnny Walker

• Perdition Crisis~
« Reply #33 on: July 03, 2009, 11:52:07 AM »
Thanks for your replies

@Suikama
One glitch I noticed is that Tenshi doesn't seem to give point itmes when you play her in the full stage lol. Also the white bullets are really hard to see when you use ReimuA lol

Are you sure? That didn't happen to me. And yes, the alpha of the bullets + ReimuA's shots make it worse. I think is a danmakufu problem. I can't imagine "Trauma in the Glimmering Depths",Kappa's Great Illusionary Waterfall", or others with the same style well played in danmakufu :s.

@Naut
Hrm.... Some spells take too long to capture and others take no time at all. Some that stood out are Iku's Dragon Fish "Dragon Temple of Swimming Bullets", which isn't long enough

You're right. Need to fix some attacks (noncards and spellcards). But I created "Dragon Temple of blah blah.. thinking in sakuya's last card in EoSD, just before you head to Remi, and/or orins' "Blazing Wheel", trying to make it fast to clear it, but a little difficult to capture it.

and Tenshi's Earth and Heaven Sign "Protection Need", which, conversely, takes a really long time to capture. I know it is supposed to take a while, but currently it is a bit excessive. Other notes: Perhaps you should make Tenshi's rock familiars take 0 bomb damage.

That SpellCard was a pain. I've changed it 1000 times, but I loved it.
Forgot the 0 damage for the rocks... didn't put that for testing purposes u_u.

Her movement patterns also make her incredibly difficult to kill while using a forward shooting type (everything but REIMU_A), which isn't exactly a concern due to the fact that you can't see any of the bullets close to you when using REIMU_A, so I suppose it balances off. However, it does add imaginary difficulty, so try to avoid this kind of thing in the future. Both issues, I mean.

The movements are a real headache for me >_<. I need more experience on that. And.. for the white bullets, the same that I said to suikama.

@The sword that cleaves evil
Thanks for your review.. I will try to change some little things to make it better.

2)Or I'm naughty, or there's some phallic imagery on this one.
Oh God! I've never seen that card in that way! ROFL!

@Drake
I'm really impressed with this. Playing the shit out of it and upping a replay, fo sho.
The hypotrochoids thing was <3333 and then later I thought it wouldn't get any better, but that epic bezier-looking thing just blew me away. Massive props.
Thanks for the replay :P. Hypotrochoids... I think Touhou is for Hypotrochofilic people(?). Made those attacks based on Komeji Satori's Noncards.

-------

Fix. Overwrite:
- Tenshi MiniStage Update 1.0 -> 1.1 - Contains some fixes and bullet changes.

------
« Last Edit: July 03, 2009, 01:04:56 PM by JohnnyWalker- »

DgBarca

• Umineko fuck yeah
  • Spoilers ?
Re: Walking Scripts (Tenshi MiniStage v1.1 Released)
« Reply #34 on: July 03, 2009, 04:34:56 PM »
I can't find the Shot Replace Script...
Strange, it seems easy to find...
[21:16] <redacted> dgbarca makes great work
[21:16] <redacted> i hope he'll make a full game once

Drake

Iryan

• Ph?nglui mglw?nafh
  • Cat R?lyeh wgah?nagl fhtagn.
« Reply #37 on: July 04, 2009, 01:22:54 PM »
Well well...

First off, your script is, aesthetically speaking, gorgeous! It is incredibly beautiful and defenitely looks like what danmaku Tenshi (and Iku) would use.
The stage portion is just... awesome. The Tenshi battle is good, but there are a few problems I think.

1. Many of the spellcards that drop point items on normal don't drop them on hard (I didn't check for lunatic). Also in hard mode, the music doesn't change for the final part of the battle, or it didn't for me, at least. You might want to fix this.

2. The hitboxes of the large rocks are... not really possible to perceive well enough in the game. Sadly I don't know how to fix this problem, though.

Overall, well done.
Old Danmakufu stuff can be found here!

"As the size of an explosion increases, the numbers of social situations it is incapable of solving approaches zero."

« Reply #38 on: July 04, 2009, 02:06:43 PM »
2. The hitboxes of the large rocks are... not really possible to perceive well enough in the game. Sadly I don't know how to fix this problem, though.

Create the rocks as object bullets, set collision to player as false, and then in its while statement, use manual hitbox detection:

if(GetPlayerX<=Obj_GetX(obj) + 20 && GetPlayerX >= Obj_GetX(obj) - 20 && GetPOlayerY <= Obj_GetY(obj) + 30 && GetPlayerY >= Obj_GetY(obj) - 30){
KILL PLAYER.
}

Johnny Walker

• Perdition Crisis~
Re: Walking Scripts (Golden Witch 1.0 released)
« Reply #39 on: August 19, 2009, 12:37:09 PM »
- Added New Script -
Refer to the first post:
http://www.shrinemaiden.org/forum/index.php?topic=476.0

« Last Edit: August 19, 2009, 12:51:21 PM by JohnnyWalker- »

« Reply #40 on: August 19, 2009, 02:07:38 PM »
OH SHIT

PLAYING THIS RIGHT FUCKING NOW

Primula

• EARL TYPE 222
« Reply #41 on: August 19, 2009, 02:10:38 PM »
My god yes more!

« Reply #42 on: August 19, 2009, 03:19:01 PM »
Alright played through Normal. Seems pretty well balanced except for her last spell which is ARG BULLETS COME FROM BEHIND OUT OF MY SIGHT. (which killed my 1cc derp)

Alright some actual CC stuff. Some of her spellcards don't really give you enough time to collect the point items before they start firing, and on other other hand some attacks have a bit of a large delay between the "charging" sound effect and actually firing the bullets, which is a bit anticlimatic.

But yeah it's awesome. Backgrounds and stuff are especially top notch.

Also lol dialogue

Primula

• EARL TYPE 222
« Reply #43 on: August 19, 2009, 03:42:30 PM »
Currently, I'll be editing the dialogue before giving the script a go. By the way:
Code: [Select]
TextOut( "\c[RED]Reimu: D: \n \c[PURPLE]Yukari: D:" );

Win.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2009, 03:47:55 PM by Vappie »

Zengar Zombolt

• Space-Time Tuning Circle - Wd/Fr
  • Green-Red Divine Clock
« Reply #44 on: August 19, 2009, 04:10:32 PM »
At LONG LAST YOU RELEASED IT
Review when I finish downloading.

« Reply #45 on: August 19, 2009, 04:50:14 PM »
Also the problem with giving Reimu red text is not everything she says is the truth :V

Johnny Walker

• Perdition Crisis~
« Reply #46 on: August 19, 2009, 04:58:17 PM »
Feedback is precious. So expect an update.

Also the problem with giving Reimu red text is not everything she says is the truth :V
lol

Anyone tested lunatic mode?

Zengar Zombolt

• Green-Red Divine Clock
« Reply #47 on: August 19, 2009, 05:04:54 PM »
It's... beautiful! The butterfly bullets make it even better. It's also very fun to play.
Also, I didn't find any of the problems with point items... Maybe because I was playing with Marisa?
(PS: Marisa having Beatrice as her slave is the best idea ever. Period.)
Anyone tested lunatic mode?
inb4Naut.

Primula

• EARL TYPE 222
« Reply #48 on: August 19, 2009, 05:06:47 PM »
By the way, why is there the filelist? Was it needed to run the script?

Zengar Zombolt

• Green-Red Divine Clock
« Reply #49 on: August 19, 2009, 05:21:40 PM »
It's Hele's shotdata, so yeah.

Johnny Walker

• Perdition Crisis~
« Reply #50 on: August 19, 2009, 05:37:34 PM »

Oh. That must not be there. I've got lots of files, images and practice scripts in the 'walkerscript' folder and some files has similar names, so i've done a list to check everything is ok before the upload. But i forgot to delete it from the rar.

Primula

• EARL TYPE 222
« Reply #51 on: August 19, 2009, 06:07:14 PM »
Oh

« Reply #52 on: August 27, 2009, 03:38:42 AM »
This script is delicious. Lots of fun to play and the danmaku is awesome. I only really have three problems with it:

• The hitbox on the "fire bullets" in Magic Sign "Open Pentagram" is annoyingly inconsistant and a bitch to dodge, though this isn't really your fault.
  • The last non-spell is pretty much impossible when the orange butterflies start to mesh, or you get extremely lucky.
  • Too easy, lol. Even though in the video I completely suck up a storm, I still found the script as a whole either fairly easy (Mistery "Perfect Closed Room", Furniture "Siestas") or rediculusly nerve-racking (Golden Witch "Path to the Golden Land" and Summon "Shoulder War Towers"). The rest of the spells could probably be more difficult.

Otherwise this is easily one of the most enjoyable scripts I've ever played. I hope to see much more from you (soon!!!)!

Oh yeah, I mentioned a video.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q-7Xe-nQehA&fmt=22
« Last Edit: August 27, 2009, 03:40:14 AM by Naut »

Johnny Walker

• Perdition Crisis~
« Reply #53 on: August 27, 2009, 03:38:14 PM »
  • The hitbox on the "fire bullets" in Magic Sign "Open Pentagram" is annoyingly inconsistant and a bitch to dodge, though this isn't really your fault.
Maybe they're my fault. I modified the first version of  Helepolis' shotdata to do this. I will try to fix this problem using guide lines.

• The last non-spell is pretty much impossible when the orange butterflies start to mesh, or you get extremely lucky.
Writting down...

• Too easy, lol. Even though in the video I completely suck up a storm, I still found the script as a whole either fairly easy (Mistery "Perfect Closed Room", Furniture "Siestas") or rediculusly nerve-racking (Golden Witch "Path to the Golden Land" and Summon "Shoulder War Towers"). The rest of the spells could probably be more difficult.

That's because you are a Naut >_>.
I'm fixing the last spell trying different options. I will upload a little update soon.

Oh yeah, I mentioned a video.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q-7Xe-nQehA&fmt=22

The replay looks very nice at HD and... lol! Game Over at 00!
(I want that sanae! D:)

Thank you, Naut, for your comments.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2009, 03:43:54 PM by JohnnyWalker- »

Helepolis

• Charisma!
  • O-ojousama!?
« Reply #54 on: August 27, 2009, 04:36:29 PM »
I seen this before and I have to say, I love the way you pay attention to details and flashy effects. The butterfly ( Yuyuko style !! ) is very superb done. But those old danmakufu sounds =P Oh well I guess the beauty covers it for the loss.

Johnny Walker

• Perdition Crisis~
Re: Walking Scripts (New Script Released)
« Reply #55 on: December 01, 2009, 02:30:43 PM »

KomeijiKoishi

« Reply #56 on: December 01, 2009, 03:47:53 PM »
Uhm, is Mima supposed not to shoot?
Because she isn't capable of doing so.

EDIT: And I don't seem to have FuncCutIn.txt, therefore fighting Alice isn't possible.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2009, 04:03:12 PM by VideoGameCrack »

Johnny Walker

• Perdition Crisis~
« Reply #57 on: December 01, 2009, 04:14:31 PM »
Uhm, is Mima supposed not to shoot?
Because she isn't capable of doing so.

EDIT: And I don't seem to have FuncCutIn.txt, therefore fighting Alice isn't possible.

what? oww. I'll fix that in a while... -_-

Stuffman

• We're having a ball!
« Reply #58 on: December 01, 2009, 04:27:35 PM »
Also Yuka's bomb doesn't seem to have any visual effect.

This looks amazing from what's there so far, though.

Johnny Walker

• Perdition Crisis~
« Reply #59 on: December 01, 2009, 05:05:57 PM »
Thanks for pointing those horrible errors I've commited. -.-

Note to myself: I WILL NOT RELEASE ANYTHING IN A HURRY.

Go to the first post and download the quick fix please.

Sorry for the incovencience.