Author Topic: SA Normal  (Read 3678 times)

SONIC BHOCOLATE STRIKER

• Doing >9000 Barrel Rolls
SA Normal
« on: May 22, 2009, 11:46:56 PM »
Well, it's official. I really do suck at these games. :P

I'm so stuck. I die in the most random places for no reason. If I can just get over that, maybe I'll be able to beat a game. But, as it stands now...

SA Normal chews me up and spits me out. I used to have stage 4 so down-packed that I could 1LC it, when I was using 2 or 3 lives on stages 2 and 3. Now I've lost my touch for not playing in so long...

And, of course, I never save replays because I either: A. don't want to (usually if I do badly) or B. forget. So I don't have a replay of when I did well to compare to what I'm doing now. Ugh.

I suppose the hardest part is Satori's "lol imma copy your spells" thing. I used to go in with Marisa C/Nitori, but I suck at Nitori's spells. So I tried it with Reimu A/Aya and realized that I have a far better chance (and higher damage output) with them. But I love Marisa C's bomb. Eh.

My biggest problem (forgive me for not knowing spell names) is with Nitori - that one spellcard with the waves in it. I HATE that. I can never seem to beat it without bombing and dying a few times.
I gotta have something for my sig, so...

Heartbeam

Re: SA Normal
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2009, 12:44:21 AM »
I'm guessing that you're referring to Satori's last Recollection spell, Trauma in the Glimmering Depths.  Here's a list of the spells, 107 through 118 will be of interest.

There's so much more to say about it but simply put, I like to hole myself in the bottom right corner and worry about the curving waves there.  Then once she launches her aimed shots just tap, tap, tap.  You need only focus on what's going on in the small area of space around you.  If you are talking about the spell before that then be constantly scanning for open spaces, keeping in mind the general direction of the bullets (which the following replay doesn't do a good job of because I try to stay underneath her all the time).

This wouldn't be nice advice without a nifty little visual example to go with it.

This post is so thin and dry.

« Last Edit: May 23, 2009, 01:01:52 AM by Heartbeam »