Author Topic: Bug Report Thread  (Read 361649 times)

Re: Bug Report Thread
« Reply #450 on: April 02, 2019, 05:04:24 AM »
I'm getting 500 Internal Server Errors over here. All seem to happen if I'm on a topic that has at least 1 post of mine on the page from what it seems to be. I also keep getting it on my profile and messages, so my access to them is blocked and I can't change anything at all.  :(

Yeah, this is also happening for me ATM (plus at least a few other people, to my knowledge). Really weird, hope it gets fixed soon (;; ^^)

nav'

• nothing to see here
  • definitely not a Ditto
« Reply #451 on: April 02, 2019, 05:15:51 AM »
As long as the affected threads have more than one page, they can still be viewed and interacted with by going to a previous page and pressing Reply. Must be something in Fulisha's signature or avatar, then. Perhaps a moderator could clear it, thus restoring Fulisha's access to their own profile.
Рабинович глядит на плакат ?Ленин умер, но дело его живет!?
? уж лучше бы о он жил!

Karisa

• Extend!
  • High scores are meant to be broken.
« Reply #452 on: April 02, 2019, 06:45:56 AM »
I only have partial profile editing privileges, but Fulisha's entire profile (every edit tab, not just the "Forum Profile" one; I was manually substituting user id 32096) gives the 500 error. Even their stats page. I don't understand why, if it's their signature that's broken.

I've managed to delete Fulisha's post from this thread since it's such an important thread right now. Their post was quoted by glide, so it's still here.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2019, 07:15:15 AM by Karisa »

Lepetit89

• Deranged Collector
« Reply #453 on: April 02, 2019, 10:04:10 AM »
Not sure if it's related to this, but when I tried changing text in my signature just now, I also got 500 errors. Seeing this thread, I figured I could try removing the picture I had in my signature, even though it was being properly displayed under my posts. For some reason, that actually helped, trying to input the picture again, however, yielded 500 errors again.

Edit: The post at the top of the page contained the solution. It started working again once I specified width and height within the img tag. Interesting that it had no issues displaying it even with the old layout, but would yield errors as soon as I attempted to change it.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2019, 10:08:48 AM by Lepetit89 »

Sparen

• Danmakufu Artist
  • Git ready, git set, PUUSH!
    • AFCDTech
« Reply #454 on: April 02, 2019, 06:20:27 PM »
The fact that the error managed to lock people out of the bug report thread of all things is somewhat worrying. Was there any change around March 20-22nd that could have caused this behavior?

Karisa

• Extend!
« Reply #455 on: April 03, 2019, 12:59:25 AM »
Considering helvetica hasn't been to the site at all in months, and she's apparently the only one who can make fundamental changes to the site (this is why no one could fix Fulisha's profile), this isn't due to a deliberate change on the site's end.

I have no idea what might have caused it, though.

Sparen

• Danmakufu Artist
    • AFCDTech
« Reply #456 on: April 03, 2019, 02:56:00 AM »
Considering helvetica hasn't been to the site at all in months

I guess this is the signal to get start backing up parts of the forums again, huh. Last time the DNH Wiki shut down during my back up process and it was down for essentially half a year.

Fulisha of Light

• Also known as Felis-Licht
  • Light and Day Aeon ~C☆
« Reply #457 on: April 03, 2019, 04:47:57 AM »
I only have partial profile editing privileges, but Fulisha's entire profile (every edit tab, not just the "Forum Profile" one; I was manually substituting user id 32096) gives the 500 error. Even their stats page. I don't understand why, if it's their signature that's broken.

I've managed to delete Fulisha's post from this thread since it's such an important thread right now. Their post was quoted by glide, so it's still here.
I'm sorry for posting again knowing it's gonna trigger another 500 error (feel free to delete this post, I just wanted to let you know I read yours and others' posts), but yeah I do think it has to do with an image in my signature probably not following the new IMG tag someone mentioned, that's the only thing I can think of that's triggering it (I don't remember if I changed my avatar either, I think I did?) I had no idea the image format changed (I actually wanted to edit my art thread (that I bet is also broken) and that's how I noticed the error, I also noticed it after I posted in RaNGE recently)

I'm like completely locked out of fixing this myself though, I literally can't view or edit any of my own posts, or anything relating to my profile. I can't even view or send messages.
 I can view forums and posts that don't have a post of mine, and log in/out and change my password, but everything else...  I'm a walking 500 error plague at this point  :( :ohdear:

If anything, the image I had in my signature came from Imgur (it's actually a small one), but I don't know if deleting it from my Imgur will fix anything either. And I'd rather not make a new account to get around this.

Karisa

• Extend!
« Reply #458 on: April 03, 2019, 05:23:23 AM »
I'm sorry for posting again knowing it's gonna trigger another 500 error (feel free to delete this post, I just wanted to let you know I read yours and others' posts), but yeah I do think it has to do with an image in my signature probably not following the new IMG tag someone mentioned, that's the only thing I can think of that's triggering it (I don't remember if I changed my avatar either, I think I did?) I had no idea the image format changed (I actually wanted to edit my art thread (that I bet is also broken) and that's how I noticed the error, I also noticed it after I posted in RaNGE recently)

I'm like completely locked out of fixing this myself though, I literally can't view or edit any of my own posts, or anything relating to my profile. I can't even view or send messages.
 I can view forums and posts that don't have a post of mine, and log in/out and change my password, but everything else...  I'm a walking 500 error plague at this point  :( :ohdear:

If anything, the image I had in my signature came from Imgur (it's actually a small one), but I don't know if deleting it from my Imgur will fix anything either. And I'd rather not make a new account to get around this.
Please create a new account for now; it's preferable over what's been happening to threads.

Edit: Everything seems to be fixed now, so I've restored the deleted posts.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2019, 07:05:25 AM by Karisa »

« Reply #459 on: April 04, 2019, 02:32:36 AM »
Please create a new account for now; it's preferable over what's been happening to threads.

Edit: I was able to retrieve the first post (id 1161814) of your art thread you mentioned; you should be able to view it here. Don't forget to edit out the [img] tags!
Thank you, though that thread still has posts from me in it that'll cause the error. Regardless, I've turned the images in my op to links at least.

Hopefully this can all be resolved soon.

« Reply #460 on: April 10, 2019, 09:21:18 PM »
(Considering it's been a week, would it be fair to ask if there's been any progress yet? w/r/t freeing Fulisha from her tragic forums curse)

Branneg Xy

• ^UP http://www.miyasuke.net/flash/yuyugohan.html ^
    • (FREE) LINKEDIN PROFILE
« Reply #461 on: April 11, 2019, 12:56:48 PM »
Here is a quick quotings of the most important fixes for these bugs/glitches.
The fix for the IMG tag is here!
When I first heard about it, I immediately realized whats wrong, normally BBCode directly converts to HTML, as is with [ b ], [ i ], and [ s ] tags, however the image tag is special in that it needs metadata in order to function properly, specifically the image width and height so the forum knows if it needs to resize a high definition image to fit a post.  That script has to load the image file, switch on one of the many different formats depending on the header than read the bytes that describe the image's width and height.  This image file decoder is what has stopped functioning, so the workaround is to manually specify the image's metadata as follows:

Code:
Code: [Select]
[img width=48 height=48]http://lunarcast.net/img/mystictk/CDGDef.png[/img]
Which yields the result:

Do make sure to replace the width, height and URL with your image please 1
As long as the affected threads have more than one page, they can still be viewed and interacted with by going to a previous page and pressing Reply. Must be something in Fulisha's signature or avatar, then. Perhaps a moderator could clear it, thus restoring Fulisha's access to their own profile.

Edit: Everything seems to be fixed now, so I've restored the deleted posts.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2019, 01:02:47 PM by Branneg Xy »
^^^^ http://www.miyasuke.net/flash/yuyugohan.html  " 西行寺幽々子の強奪!!隣の晩御飯 " ->>>
" Yuyuko Saigyouji 's "Uslurpation" !! Dinner is Next ".
( Possibilities of ENGrish ) ^^^^ .

CyberAngel

• Retired
« Reply #462 on: April 11, 2019, 02:30:33 PM »
It seems the problem, whatever it was, has been solved. Even the deleted posts are back.

Suwako Moriya

• Hey you with the pretty face
  • Welcome to the human race!
« Reply #463 on: April 11, 2019, 02:43:27 PM »
Yep, the overlord fixed stuff this morning o/
The only thing this dimension does well is show its ass. We might as well applaud it! - Albert Burneko

Well, this game happened.

Sparen

• Danmakufu Artist
    • AFCDTech
« Reply #464 on: April 11, 2019, 03:12:46 PM »
Well, this DNH Wiki shutdown was only 20 days. At least it's fixed for now.

Sparen

• Danmakufu Artist
    • AFCDTech
« Reply #465 on: May 13, 2019, 02:36:11 PM »
Certificate has expired again.

Karisa

• Extend!
« Reply #466 on: May 22, 2019, 08:17:43 AM »
This one feels particularly long. Has it ever been expired for over a week before?

Lepetit89

• Deranged Collector
« Reply #467 on: May 29, 2019, 08:08:40 AM »
This one feels particularly long. Has it ever been expired for over a week before?

Some time ago, I think you or someone else mentioned that Helvetica had been somewhat inactive recently, can this even be fixed without the/an admin?

Sparen

• Danmakufu Artist
    • AFCDTech
« Reply #468 on: May 30, 2019, 02:24:45 AM »
Can this even be fixed without the/an admin?

I'm under the impression that if someone besides Helvetica had those permissions, it would typically be fixed within a day or two. Telling my browser to trust MotK has become a routine over the past half decade.

Branneg Xy

• ^UP http://www.miyasuke.net/flash/yuyugohan.html ^
    • (FREE) LINKEDIN PROFILE
« Reply #469 on: July 06, 2019, 03:22:23 AM »
Certificate has expired again.
From Around 29 June 2019 up to now, 06 july 2019, Certificate is again browser-viewed as,depending on browsers, either expired (again) or incorrectly set.
^^^^ http://www.miyasuke.net/flash/yuyugohan.html  " 西行寺幽々子の強奪!!隣の晩御飯 " ->>>
" Yuyuko Saigyouji 's "Uslurpation" !! Dinner is Next ".
( Possibilities of ENGrish ) ^^^^ .

N-Forza

• Information Superhighway Robbery
  • I said it was a steal, but not for whom
« Reply #470 on: July 11, 2019, 12:47:24 AM »
Seems like it's finally been fixed. Thanks to whoever took care of it.

CyberAngel

• Retired
« Reply #471 on: July 11, 2019, 08:06:46 AM »
Is that why it works like it's on dial-up now?

Sparen

• Danmakufu Artist
    • AFCDTech
« Reply #472 on: July 11, 2019, 01:44:23 PM »
Is that why it works like it's on dial-up now?

MotK has been like that for months though.

CyberAngel

• Retired
« Reply #473 on: July 11, 2019, 03:43:36 PM »
Well, then either it's especially bad today or I failed to notice it before because I barely ever visit the place these days.

KaiserKnuckle

• You better stop,
  • and think about what you're doing
    • Music interests and whatnot
« Reply #474 on: September 21, 2019, 04:25:59 AM »
I think it's happening again. "Server verification failed" just happened after my first attempt at logging in just now.

Maybe it might just be a short hiccup, but it never hurts to make it known.
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░

Sparen

• Danmakufu Artist
    • AFCDTech
« Reply #475 on: October 08, 2019, 02:18:46 PM »
It's that time of year again.

Certificate has expired.

Fulisha of Light

• Also known as Felis-Licht
  • Light and Day Aeon ~C☆
« Reply #476 on: October 10, 2019, 06:14:57 PM »
Not only has the certificate expired, but apparently I can't access the site on desktop without my browser crashing every time because of it(?)

Spoiler:
Why do I keep getting the weirder bugs

Sparen

• Danmakufu Artist
    • AFCDTech
« Reply #477 on: October 31, 2019, 03:40:25 PM »
Certificate still down; affecting visitors to MotK who are here to learn about the TCL game.

Is there a way to automate renewal of the certificate or to grant permissions to someone more active so that when it goes down it can be renewed more easily? It's been a month.

Agent of the BSoD

• Takeminakata Invocation
  • Never forget
« Reply #478 on: November 07, 2019, 07:15:34 PM »
As I remember, an auto-renewal system was implemented at some point to avoid exactly this, but for some reason it never worked.
I feel like the certificate expires way more often than it used to, too. Thought it was like once a year before.
I figured out how to play midi in games with a different device on Win7 ^^
TF2 Backpack
Embodiment of Scarlet Hair English Patch is almost completed.
^ I didn't forget about this. I don't know what you're talking about. >_>

Helepolis

• Charisma!
  • O-ojousama!?
« Reply #479 on: November 09, 2019, 07:08:25 PM »
I have to be honest no idea as I cannot access any of the administrative tools as a regular mod.