Author Topic: Help Me Eirin's lone Moderator  (Read 5767 times)

Help Me Eirin's lone Moderator
« on: January 06, 2010, 03:08:41 AM »
Hi. So I noticed that sir lgb hasn't posted in a bit, and it occured to me that he has in fact not been on since Christmas, so I was wondering if he is on vacation or something? The high scores and other various information around Help Me Eirin! haven't been getting updated while he's been away, so I was wondering when he was getting back, or if somebody else could update the score threads and stuff while he's gone. I feel the games of Touhou are a pretty important part of the community, so to see all the talented players around here not get recognized properly (even if many people don't even check the threads) is a bit saddening.

Anyways, was wondering what was going on, 'cause I didnt see lgb publically announce his leaving or anything... And the Help Me Eirin board seems to be getting a bit neglected in his absence.

Re: Help Me Eirin's lone Moderator
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2010, 03:23:29 AM »
(I vote we make Naut a mod)

Edit: Ooooooooooooohohohohohohohohohohohohohoho~

:justasplanned:
« Last Edit: November 24, 2010, 08:59:48 PM by SuIKAma »

Matsuri

« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2010, 03:48:38 AM »
Kind of weird, since I see him at Shmups forum every so often.

helvetica

• Arcade Maid
  • United Federation
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2010, 04:34:50 AM »
[23:33]   <Mashiro-Rima>   @seen lgb
[23:33]   <Keine>   Mashiro-Rima: lgb was last seen in #shrinemaiden 6 hours, 26 minutes, and 8 seconds ago: <lgb> HQ

Maybe he's just busy? =P

No you don't.  We decide if and when it's necessary to expand moderators.

If you want the high score pages to be updated and lgb isn't around to do it, you can ask a Janitor you know.  And if you hit the magical report button we all see what needs help with.  Global mods and admins can see reports from all forums and act on them just as easily as lgb can.  Just because your dedicated mod isn't around doesn't mean we can't do anything.  But if you refuse to actually use the proper channels of course nothing will get done.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2010, 04:36:37 AM by The Shining Olaris »

Twitter: @hipsterfont | Discord: helvetica#0573 | LINE: hipsterfont

He thought that on that same day he was to take the city of Priam, but he little knew what was in the mind of Jove, who had many another hard-fought fight in store alike for Danaans and Trojans."

« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2010, 04:59:29 AM »

Wasn't what this was about at all.

Maybe he's just busy? =P

Yeah I didn't know if he was on vacation or anything so I was just wondering.

If you want the high score pages to be updated and lgb isn't around to do it, you can ask a Janitor you know.  And if you hit the magical report button we all see what needs help with.  Global mods and admins can see reports from all forums and act on them just as easily as lgb can.  Just because your dedicated mod isn't around doesn't mean we can't do anything.  But if you refuse to actually use the proper channels of course nothing will get done.

Well it just kinda seemed like his job since I haven't seen anybody else do it :V

Also, I kinda thought the report button was for condeming behavior of others (my bad, dunno why I thought this), and it just seemed like a dickmove to report a thread just because I wanted updates or something. I wasn't filing a formal complaint or anything, I was just raising attention to the subject so that something could get done (or at least discussed), which I guess is what the report button is for, eh. This was the channel I chose, my apologies that it was the incorrect one.

« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2010, 05:03:02 AM »
I know I'm just being dumb :/

Yeah I didn't know if he was on vacation or anything so I was just wondering.

Well it just kinda seemed like his job since I haven't seen anybody else do it :V

Also, I kinda thought the report button was for condeming behavior of others (my bad, dunno why I thought this), and it just seemed like a dickmove to report a thread just because I wanted updates or something. I wasn't filing a formal complaint or anything, I was just raising attention to the subject so that something could get done (or at least discussed), which I guess is what the report button is for, eh. This was the channel I chose, my apologies that it was the incorrect one.
I guess you didn't see the whole "Report button = bring it to attention of mods" discussion (although to be fair it was in CPMC). But yeah TSO's policy is the report button is for ANYTHING that may need mod attention. Whether it be bad posts, updating threads, stickies/locks, or something just plain awesome :V.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2010, 05:05:21 AM by Kinoko Nasuma »

Matsuri

« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2010, 07:26:53 AM »
Well, in that case, feel free to PM me or Nobu or Vic if you want stuff updated. I rarely if ever check the High Score forum unless I happen to be posting a score myself, so I'd never notice when new scores are posted.

Helepolis

• Charisma!
  • O-ojousama!?
« Reply #7 on: January 06, 2010, 11:08:07 AM »
lgb is often in #sm on ppirc.net. He made the Uwabami thread before christmas when I requested it. I guess he is just lazy/busy etc. You should notify him through Keine few times.

Matsuri

« Reply #8 on: January 06, 2010, 10:22:32 PM »
I know he's around, because I see him at Shmups forum. I just don't know why he doesn't come in here and update stuff. :V

helvetica

• Arcade Maid
  • United Federation
« Reply #9 on: January 06, 2010, 11:04:36 PM »
He's going away for a while, so for now please use the report button for now.

Twitter: @hipsterfont | Discord: helvetica#0573 | LINE: hipsterfont

He thought that on that same day he was to take the city of Priam, but he little knew what was in the mind of Jove, who had many another hard-fought fight in store alike for Danaans and Trojans."