Author Topic: Touhou Accomplishments VI  (Read 151773 times)

nintendonut888

• So those that live now, pledge on your fists and souls
  • Leave a sign of your life, no matter how small...
Re: Touhou Accomplishments VI
« Reply #990 on: February 28, 2010, 04:46:23 AM »
So I was playing LLS extra for the first time in ages, reached Mugetu with one death, and she activated the graphical glitch where the lower half of the screen leaves afterimages. This hasn't happened for like a year.

The sickening thing?

I STILL WON.

But Gengetu did it too, and I died on her second phase. :S
nintendonut888: Hey Baity. I beat the high score for Sanae B hard on the score.dat you sent me. X3
Baity: For a moment, I thought you broke 1.1billion. Upon looking at my score.dat, I can assume that you destroyed the score that is my failed (first!) 1cc attempt on my first day of playing. Congratulations.

[19:42] <Sapz> I think that's the only time I've ever seen a suicide bullet shoot its own suicide bullet

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #991 on: February 28, 2010, 04:55:46 AM »
The glitch happened on EXTRA? And you still won?! God, someone needs to record this happening sometime.

Anyway, IaMP Normal 1cc with Alice, no lives lost until Suika (1 lost). Feels pretty good~!

[UFO-Lunatic-MarisaB-Time.jpg]
...I'm not looking forward to this.
*points at Jaimers and giggles meanly*

...I couldn't resist.
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

ふねん1

• Scientific editor
  • If you're alive, you can always keep moving.
« Reply #992 on: February 28, 2010, 06:25:37 AM »
Decided to try timing out VoWG on Hard, because I know I'll need the practice just to capture the Lunatic version. Only two tries, since it's getting late where I am, and deaths galore in both (9 deaths 1 bomb on first, 5-6 deaths on second). Why is this here then? Because over the course of two tries, I noticed a very sharp improvement in my ability to read the gaps between the amulets. It still feels a lot like pure twitch dodging at this point- rather, a little bit more twitch dodging than I think I should be doing once I get better at the card  - but hey, it's progress, and quite noticeable progress at that. Now if only I can muster the willpower to even try getting to VoWG Lunatic...
"Science is more than a body of knowledge. It's a way of thinking." - Carl Sagan

NEW AND IMPROVED YOUTUBE, now with 60 fps Touhou videos! Latest video update: WBaWC Lunatic/Extra no-miss no-bomb no-Roars no-Spirit-Strikes compilation.

Nyyl

• 弾幕に頭脳?馬鹿じゃないのか?
  • 弾幕はパワーだよ
« Reply #993 on: February 28, 2010, 06:32:29 AM »
Today was a good Touhou day for me. I 1cc'd MoF without even thinking about it, and just finally 1cc'd UFO. I've cleared Normal on all the PC games :toot:

« Reply #994 on: February 28, 2010, 06:41:17 AM »
I finally figured out how to do Nazrin Pendulum Hard without a problem, and captured Bone-Dry Monster Hard!

That was all I accomplished in an hour of UFO Hard :V

« Reply #995 on: February 28, 2010, 05:48:54 PM »
Woohoo! This was a long time coming (significantly more attempts than I needed to do it for every other game COMBINED), but I have now 1cc'd UFO hard. Yay! I have now 1cc'd all the windows games on hard.

Most of the run is rather unimpressive, but I managed to capture Legendary Flying Saucer for the first time ever, even in practice. Which was rather convenient, considering I arrived at it with exactly 0 lives and 0 bombs....

« Reply #996 on: February 28, 2010, 08:47:33 PM »
Do the S4s and S5s :V . I recommend Patchy and Sanae.
Go for Okuu as your first S6 as well if you feel like to.

Very nice performance. I always thought Benevolent Orlean Dolls was static :< ... And it seems that you could finish Spring Kyoto Dolls faster than I do. If that thing went on for a couple extra seconds longer you'd have to face blue bullets crossing each other.

Thanks mate. Anyway, it shouldn't prove too problematic to perfect Sanae for me. Patchouli is another thing though. It would probably be a lot of perfect runs killed by Emerald Megalith - a card that on it own seems pretty hard for me because i often overlook the small bullets and ram them or get clipped by a bubble due trying to dogde a PCB bubble despite it being an EoSD bubble. - In addition, my computer can't handle recordings of Touhou play so i take my replays to this friend of mine and use his PC for recording. As EosD doesn't save replays i'd have to perfect Patchouli in a run which i don't think is ever gonna happen. I'm afraid i won't be able to pull of Patchy.

Prismrivers are plausible though. Maybe Marisa although that will probably be hell for just one reason. Murasa's the same deal - one non-spell that makes it hellish. Aya have Peerless Wind God so i won't even bother trying.

As for S5 bosses, i have already done Youmu. Sakuya is in EoSD, Reisen... shouldn't be too bad if it weren't for that final spell i have no clue how works. Orin is definitely gonna happen sometime but Shou will probably never happen. We'll just have to wait for the time when someone wanna upload perfect Shou instead of just bragging about it.

S6 bosses, Utsuho is certainly one of the easiest ones but because of suck-level max on Hell's Tokamak i'll probably do Yuyuko. Almost nothing in her battle is very hard at all except for 80% reflowering.

Bananamatic

« Reply #997 on: February 28, 2010, 08:50:06 PM »
I almost perfected Utsuho on a completely random run...
TEN EVIL STARS AAAGGHGHGAGHAGGHHHH

Jaimers

• You just did it because you're older than me.
« Reply #998 on: February 28, 2010, 08:53:07 PM »
Thanks mate. Anyway, it shouldn't prove too problematic to perfect Sanae for me. Patchouli is another thing though. It would probably be a lot of perfect runs killed by Emerald Megalith - a card that on it own seems pretty hard for me because i often overlook the small bullets and ram them or get clipped by a bubble due trying to dogde a PCB bubble despite it being an EoSD bubble.

Or just use ReimuA and you won't have to face Emerald Megalith at all! \o/
« Last Edit: February 28, 2010, 11:00:14 PM by Jaimers »

Chronojet ⚙ Dragon

• The Oddity
  • 今コソ輝ケ、我ガ未来、ソノ可能性!!
« Reply #999 on: February 28, 2010, 09:00:30 PM »
Finished IN Extra with all four teams, at last!!

« Reply #1000 on: February 28, 2010, 10:44:09 PM »
First extra stage clear!
It was Ran, with Sakuya B.

Showing a friend the PCB extra, I just randomly managed to
pull off a full clear of it. I've hardly been playing recently, too.

o_ o

Anyway, now to capture 50 cards to unlock Phantasm >: E
Edit: Oh, question, do the captures need to be outside of practice mode? I'm guessing not, but, just making sure.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2010, 10:46:26 PM by Darkblizer »

LHCling

• Metang@
  • ( 。゚ 3っ   )っ
« Reply #1001 on: February 28, 2010, 11:23:17 PM »
/thread

EDIT: PM sent to pasty, the thread will lock in its' own time.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2010, 11:29:10 PM by Baity »
[16:25] <Kuruminut> Shut up MS Word, "fangirlism" is totally a word
<>
[07:59] <Sapz> ベーティさんは馬鹿っぽいだろう、この「っぽい」好き者

Chronojet ⚙ Dragon

• The Oddity
  • 今コソ輝ケ、我ガ未来、ソノ可能性!!
« Reply #1002 on: February 28, 2010, 11:31:05 PM »
IN BEFORE LOCK!

Bananamatic

« Reply #1003 on: February 28, 2010, 11:56:08 PM »
in after b4 lock

nintendonut888

• So those that live now, pledge on your fists and souls
  • Leave a sign of your life, no matter how small...
« Reply #1004 on: March 01, 2010, 12:23:25 AM »
Inb4lock.
nintendonut888: Hey Baity. I beat the high score for Sanae B hard on the score.dat you sent me. X3
Baity: For a moment, I thought you broke 1.1billion. Upon looking at my score.dat, I can assume that you destroyed the score that is my failed (first!) 1cc attempt on my first day of playing. Congratulations.

[19:42] <Sapz> I think that's the only time I've ever seen a suicide bullet shoot its own suicide bullet