Author Topic: Touhou Accomplishments VI  (Read 151812 times)

nintendonut888

• So those that live now, pledge on your fists and souls
  • Leave a sign of your life, no matter how small...
Re: Touhou Accomplishments VI: Return of the Lunatic
« Reply #60 on: January 03, 2010, 11:05:49 PM »
AH! HA HA HA! EoSD stage 4 beaten with Marisa A no deaths! :D I managed to scrape a capture of Lava Cromlech. Now I can see if I can capture Sylphae Horn and Agni Radiance at max rank now that I don't have that goal to hold me back.
nintendonut888: Hey Baity. I beat the high score for Sanae B hard on the score.dat you sent me. X3
Baity: For a moment, I thought you broke 1.1billion. Upon looking at my score.dat, I can assume that you destroyed the score that is my failed (first!) 1cc attempt on my first day of playing. Congratulations.

[19:42] <Sapz> I think that's the only time I've ever seen a suicide bullet shoot its own suicide bullet

ebarrett

Re: Touhou Accomplishments VI
« Reply #61 on: January 04, 2010, 02:56:18 AM »
MS lunatic 1cc.... somehow I botched both the recording (didn't notice I had the previous recording preview screen still active so it didn't record anything) and the screenshot (got a black screen instead). brb crying in a corner  :'(

One retarded death to Alice with one bomb in stock, two deaths to Yuki/Mai (one with full bombs, gah), captured a not-very-shortened post-midboss stage 5 spam... and then 2D6B vs Yumeko (goddamn streams of DOOM) because that was the best I could do against her, followed by 1D3B vs Shinki. Died to first purple wing phase, one more bomb there, two bombs rather early during Devil's Recitation, captured everything else including the last phase of Devil's Recitation. Finished 1/0, never got anywhere near the 400 point items extend; in fact I only got the 300 point items extend in stage 6.

edit: Mima by the way. also, that makes it all PC-98 games 1cc'ed on lunatic. *puts on Peaceful Romancer*
« Last Edit: January 04, 2010, 03:29:28 AM by ebarrett »

nintendonut888

« Reply #62 on: January 04, 2010, 03:37:08 AM »
http://replays.gensokyou.org/download.php?id=6754

You see Sapz? You see how impossible this is? I made this JUST to show you how impossible PCB stage 6 is!

...Wait, what? Perfect stage 6?

WHAAAAAAAAAAT?! 0_0

Incidentally, today is the two year anniversary since I beat my first extra stage. Interesting when you think about it.
nintendonut888: Hey Baity. I beat the high score for Sanae B hard on the score.dat you sent me. X3
Baity: For a moment, I thought you broke 1.1billion. Upon looking at my score.dat, I can assume that you destroyed the score that is my failed (first!) 1cc attempt on my first day of playing. Congratulations.

[19:42] <Sapz> I think that's the only time I've ever seen a suicide bullet shoot its own suicide bullet

Krimmydoodle

• We must apply more SCIENCE!
« Reply #63 on: January 04, 2010, 04:35:50 AM »
Holy crap.
Whether you're on Easy or you're a Lunatic, be damn proud of your accomplishments.  Don't let anyone convince you otherwise, for it's when you lose faith in your own achievements that those victories become defeats.

Formless God

« Reply #64 on: January 04, 2010, 05:06:08 AM »
Perfect Stage 6 WHAT !? How did you survive the spam at the beginning ? And Youmu's spell card ? And EVERY SINGLE attack of Yuyuko except for her first ?

Anyway here's my crappy list :
- Play time : almost four months.
- EoSD : Hard 1cc, Extra clear (captured everything but QED).
- PCB : Normal 1cc, Extra/Phantasm clear (captured everything).
- IN : Hard 1cc, Extra clear, Double Spark NF Timeout, all of Kaguya's last spells captured (plus a loleasy NF NV Youmu-solo Half Past 2), and a bunch of Last Word captures including SFN and Total Purification.
- MoF : Hard 1cc, Extra clear, VoWG 1 death no bombs, History 0/16 which I think is fairly high.
- SA : Normal 1cc, Extra clear, Mt. Ooe / BoWaP Lunatic capture.
- UFO : Normal 1cc, Extra clear (plus a 1-miss Nue fight), and all of Byakuren's spell cards captured.

nintendonut888

« Reply #65 on: January 04, 2010, 05:15:28 AM »
How did you survive the spam at the beginning ?

Let's put it this way: This came as a result of about an hour's worth of grinding. Of this hour, about 15 minutes were of me actually fighting Yuyuko. #^_^

And Youmu's spell card

Static spell card, has a safespot that is impossible not to use once you know about it.

And EVERY SINGLE attack of Yuyuko except for her first

:dragonforce:

Video is processing now.

EDIT: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RwR3z7fvAkw
« Last Edit: January 04, 2010, 05:58:07 AM by nintendonut888 »

Krimmydoodle

« Reply #66 on: January 04, 2010, 06:06:27 AM »
Holy crap.

Who else has two thumbs and is a badass motherfucker?  Krim.  (b^_^)b

(Donut, sorry I keep using you as a guideline for what to accomplish next.  I just tend to completely neglect these things until you bring them up and remind me that they're possible.)
Whether you're on Easy or you're a Lunatic, be damn proud of your accomplishments.  Don't let anyone convince you otherwise, for it's when you lose faith in your own achievements that those victories become defeats.

nintendonut888

« Reply #67 on: January 04, 2010, 06:09:07 AM »
Holy crap.

(Donut, sorry I keep using you as a guideline for what to accomplish next.  I just tend to completely neglect these things until you bring them up and remind me that they're possible.)

Bah ha ha. *waves hand at Krim*

's okay, really. It always was my dream as a fledgling Touhou player to inspire others. Good job as well.

ふねん1

• Scientific editor
  • If you're alive, you can always keep moving.
« Reply #68 on: January 04, 2010, 06:14:34 AM »
IN Stages 1, 2, and 3 perfected on Normal, all Easy spellcards captured, and Hourai Elixir captured on Normal, all with the Border Team. I'm getting the hang of enemy locations now, so I have a "Time Orb management" template to work with on higher difficulties.

And Krim, why are you so fast?
"Science is more than a body of knowledge. It's a way of thinking." - Carl Sagan

NEW AND IMPROVED YOUTUBE, now with 60 fps Touhou videos! Latest video update: WBaWC Lunatic/Extra no-miss no-bomb no-Roars no-Spirit-Strikes compilation.

jc_foster

• Learning the ways of the bomb
  • Specializing in idiotic deaths since 2009
« Reply #69 on: January 04, 2010, 07:06:13 AM »
Ephemerality 137 no-focus lunatic capture

Only took 20 or so attempts (record says 1/37, but some of those were timeout attempts). When I figure out what suddenly possessed me to even try it, I'll let you know ....

« Reply #70 on: January 04, 2010, 07:31:05 AM »
It took me five months to get from the last attack of a game to a lunatic 1cc, but I finally did it: http://replays.gensokyou.org/download.php?id=6759

It's really depressing how this basic level of competence at Touhou boils down to effective resource management more than actual dodging skill, but hey, it's a 1cc, it counts, and I'm glad to get it done.

Jaimers

• You just did it because you're older than me.
« Reply #71 on: January 04, 2010, 02:43:02 PM »

You see Sapz? You see how impossible this is? I made this JUST to show you how impossible PCB stage 6 is!

WHAAAAAAAAAAT?! 0_0

Incidentally, today is the two year anniversary since I beat my first extra stage. Interesting when you think about it.

Holy crap.

Holy crap, major :Parsee: man.
I've actually been trying this on and off for a while now because it's the only stage in PCB I haven't perfected yet. The stage spam is just so demoralizing.
But this might just give me the inspiration to pull it off! /o/

I recommend Kanako for your next perfect stage 6, Donut, so hop to it!  :yukkuri:

nintendonut888

« Reply #72 on: January 04, 2010, 02:49:46 PM »
I've 1DNB'd MoF stage 6 before, and I'd actually be willing to do it if it weren't for Kanako's opener. The attack is just so horrifying I'm never going to get serious about it.

Jaimers

« Reply #73 on: January 04, 2010, 03:02:37 PM »
I've 1DNB'd MoF stage 6 before, and I'd actually be willing to do it if it weren't for Kanako's opener. The attack is just so horrifying I'm never going to get serious about it.

And PCB stage 6 portion isn't absolutely horrifying?
I have less trouble with Kanako's opener than the stage 6 spam.

Also, were you deliberately trying to make "Repository of Hirokawa" difficult?

nintendonut888

« Reply #74 on: January 04, 2010, 03:12:16 PM »
No, that's how I do it every time. ;>_> Also, that spam is right at the beginning. There's a minute between stage start and Kanako's opener.

« Reply #75 on: January 04, 2010, 05:07:02 PM »

Menreiki

• I'll get your slippers; if you pet me.
  • No, really.
« Reply #76 on: January 04, 2010, 07:13:14 PM »
UFO, PoDD, PoFV, LLS, MS Normal 1cc.
EoSD, PCB, IN, MoF, SA Hard 1cc.
All extras and Phantasm.

« Reply #77 on: January 04, 2010, 07:36:58 PM »
YES!!! I did it! SA LUNATIC 1CC!!  :D

Bloody fantastic! I was disappointed that i couldn't get an EoSD Lunatic 1cc before the end of 2009 but this is more than enough in terms of compensation. I'm really happy about this.

Replay here: http://replays.gensokyou.org/download.php?id=6761
I scored 960M.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2010, 07:39:08 PM by Zengeku »

Jaimers

« Reply #78 on: January 04, 2010, 08:01:04 PM »
Figured out the solution to the stage 6 spam in PCB:

SakuyaB

She can fire at both spawn locations simultaneously, significally decreasing the amount of bullets fired.
With her, I have around a 25% chance at surviving the spam.

Edit:
I just "captured" it twice in a row.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2010, 08:17:29 PM by Jaimers »

DgBarca

• Umineko fuck yeah
  • Spoilers ?
« Reply #79 on: January 04, 2010, 08:34:06 PM »
Captured Fantasy Heaven...
But...it was the cheapest way...Reimu went so high on the screen so it was totally safe to no-vert-at-the-bottom-of-the-screen the last wave.
Thanks Reimu, you trivialised it.
[21:16] <redacted> dgbarca makes great work
[21:16] <redacted> i hope he'll make a full game once

« Reply #80 on: January 04, 2010, 08:37:56 PM »
The solution to the Stage 6 spam in PCB is a well-placed bomb.

nintendonut888

« Reply #81 on: January 04, 2010, 08:58:42 PM »
Figured out the solution to the stage 6 spam in PCB:

SakuyaB

She can fire at both spawn locations simultaneously, significally decreasing the amount of bullets fired.
With her, I have around a 25% chance at surviving the spam.

Edit:
I just "captured" it twice in a row.

Well, of course. It's no secret that someone with a wide range would have an easier time there. Now the problem is that I think Sakuya is horrible. :V

Krimmydoodle

« Reply #82 on: January 04, 2010, 09:41:50 PM »
I'm actually interested in seeing Jaimers accomplish it with Sakuya, if only because that would mean there would be a Reimu, a Marisa, and a Sakuya run for Stage 6 between the three of us.

Also looking over Stage 4 (since it's my last Lunatic stage in PCB to NDNBNBB).  Did a perfect Prismriver fight (Lunasa for opener, Lyrica for middle), and the stage is definitely possible, but there's no way in hell I'm doing it without a Lily timeout.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2010, 10:29:59 PM by Krim »

Sapz

• There's no escape.
  • It's time to burn!
« Reply #83 on: January 04, 2010, 10:34:38 PM »

WHAAAAAAAAAAT?! 0_0

Holy crap.

Congrats to the both of you! I told you so, Donut.

...So, MarisaA for Donut, ReimuB for Krim and SakuyaB for Jaimers... I think I'll have a go at nabbing the ReimuA clear. :V
Let's fight.

Matsuri

« Reply #84 on: January 04, 2010, 11:14:30 PM »
Thought I'd give EoSD Extra a random try today.

I win.

Replay here

« Reply #85 on: January 04, 2010, 11:29:49 PM »
 ???

How did you score so high from finishing 1/1? You must be smashing me in terms of stage score...

*downloads replay*
Quote from Myosotis:
"Marriage is a game you can't win. Also, no replay value and the level design is bullshit.

« Reply #86 on: January 04, 2010, 11:35:11 PM »
I've gotten over 150,000,000 on a 0/0, which included a death with me running right into Flandre trying to PoC when I wasn't even at full power then wasting 2 bombs in rage at that(which would have been lost anyway since I clipdeathed on the survival).

Jaimers

« Reply #87 on: January 04, 2010, 11:39:23 PM »
Also looking over Stage 4 (since it's my last Lunatic stage in PCB to NDNBNBB).  Did a perfect Prismriver fight (Lunasa for opener, Lyrica for middle), and the stage is definitely possible, but there's no way in hell I'm doing it without a Lily timeout.

Hmm? The post Lily section is absurdly easy once you figure it out. It's much easier to do it normally than to timeout Lily.
Just see it for yourself.

Maybe you can fulfill the comment's request and do a full Lunasa run?

ふねん1

• Scientific editor
  • If you're alive, you can always keep moving.
« Reply #88 on: January 05, 2010, 12:24:43 AM »
I just 1DNB'ed Orin on Hard. I can't even perfect all of Kaguya's Last Spells in a row on Easy, but I can 1-death Orin on Hard after only a few attempts (Orin only, not counting the stage itself). I even captured the Catwalk for the fourth time tonight in that run. Does anyone else think there's something wrong here?
« Last Edit: January 05, 2010, 12:28:34 AM by Funen1 »
"Science is more than a body of knowledge. It's a way of thinking." - Carl Sagan

NEW AND IMPROVED YOUTUBE, now with 60 fps Touhou videos! Latest video update: WBaWC Lunatic/Extra no-miss no-bomb no-Roars no-Spirit-Strikes compilation.

Matsuri

« Reply #89 on: January 05, 2010, 12:37:43 AM »
???

How did you score so high from finishing 1/1? You must be smashing me in terms of stage score...

*downloads replay*

PoC everything possible :P
I captured pretty much every card too, aside from Royal Flare, Maze of Love, Counter Clock, And Then There Will Be None? and Ripples of 495 years-- though in my defense, this was my first time making it to those last two.