Author Topic: Touhou Accomplishments VI  (Read 151688 times)

Re: Touhou Accomplishments VI: Return of the Lunatic
« Reply #30 on: January 03, 2010, 05:43:08 AM »
How nice... Gengetu's biggest fanboy is willing to share Gengetu with someone else.  :P

ふねん1

• Scientific editor
  • If you're alive, you can always keep moving.
« Reply #31 on: January 03, 2010, 05:57:18 AM »
Didn't a bunch of you guys make accomplishment lists some time ago? I haven't been here long enough to know if that's tradition or something.

As for recent accomplishments, I played PCB Extra again, and this time got all the way to Ran's time-out card. I'm getting much better at everything else (aside from what I've only done once), but I can see her last two cards "walling" me for a while. Also, all IN Easy stages except 6B perfected with the Border Team. And yes, I did remember to do 4A too. The odd thing is, Marisa took a bit of time to perfect, but I nailed Reimu (and her stage) on my first try ever (a sightread, if you will). Is one version of Stage 4 supposed to be easier on all difficulties, or does it change?
"Science is more than a body of knowledge. It's a way of thinking." - Carl Sagan

NEW AND IMPROVED YOUTUBE, now with 60 fps Touhou videos! Latest video update: WBaWC Lunatic/Extra no-miss no-bomb no-Roars no-Spirit-Strikes compilation.

lmagus

• I HATE VoWG
    • My Youtube
« Reply #32 on: January 03, 2010, 06:28:03 AM »
Seems like whenever someone makes a new thread everyone lists all their accomplishments =P
Current Goal: PCB Lunatic 1cc
Watch me on Youtube

« Reply #33 on: January 03, 2010, 06:50:39 AM »
If your getting a black screen, it means your recording the wrong window.
X-0, Y-35
Width-640 Height-400
Use these, go fullscreen and press F2 to start recording.
Kind of wondering, is there a way to make Hypercam record from the computer's sound card, or is it always going to use the microphone?

nintendonut888

• So those that live now, pledge on your fists and souls
  • Leave a sign of your life, no matter how small...
« Reply #34 on: January 03, 2010, 09:37:44 AM »
I just recorded myself defeating Rumia with my eyes closed. Should I upload y/n?
nintendonut888: Hey Baity. I beat the high score for Sanae B hard on the score.dat you sent me. X3
Baity: For a moment, I thought you broke 1.1billion. Upon looking at my score.dat, I can assume that you destroyed the score that is my failed (first!) 1cc attempt on my first day of playing. Congratulations.

[19:42] <Sapz> I think that's the only time I've ever seen a suicide bullet shoot its own suicide bullet

LHCling

• Metang@
  • ( 。゚ 3っ   )っ
« Reply #35 on: January 03, 2010, 09:45:09 AM »
Lists are now a tradition.  :V

Anyway, here here:

All (shooting) games Lunatic 1cc, HRtP 1cc both routes. :effort: with the fighters. 64 scenes and a pretty damn good score against you scrub StB players (17.6mil) :V

• SoEW Extra NDNB (the only one that I will bother with)
  • LLS Lunatic No Bombs 1cc with Reimu, 1LC with Marisa (unreported; this is separate to my savescum-practice run), Perfect Stages 1-4A (no B yet). Officially survived a lot of Extra timeout phases either perfectly, 1 bomb / death or 2 bombs (or equivalent). "GRT" is the exception, having a 1D3B clear as my best. No Bombing it is a different story, personal best being in that video.
  • MS Stages 1-4 NDNB, Stages 5, 6 1DNB
  • EoSD Stages 4, 5 ND1B (unreported)
  • PCB Stage 5 NDNB, Stage 6 ND2B
  • "T-M" NF Timeout
  • MoF Extra NV Clear
  • UFO 3LC (and a terrible one at that IMO), "Blue UFO" 1DNB Timeout (unreported?)
All "achievements" that have no difficulty label are assumed to be Lunatic.

Just so you know, I'm lacking a certain Shot Type for a UFO Lunatic 1cc All Shot Types. You should be able to deduce it easily. It's an easy Shot Type to play anyway.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2010, 10:09:54 AM by Baity »
[16:25] <Kuruminut> Shut up MS Word, "fangirlism" is totally a word
<>
[07:59] <Sapz> ベーティさんは馬鹿っぽいだろう、この「っぽい」好き者

Sapz

• There's no escape.
  • It's time to burn!
« Reply #36 on: January 03, 2010, 12:28:51 PM »
Woo, list time!
HRtP: Easy game over. :dragonforce:
SoEW: Lunatic 1cc, Extra clear.
PoDD: Hard 1cc (should really get around to finishing this off).
LLS: Lunatic 1cc, Extra no focus clear.
MS: Lunatic 1cc, Extra no focus clear.
EoSD: Lunatic 1cc, Extra perfect clear, Extra no focus no bombs clear.
PCB: Lunatic 1cc, Extra perfect clear, Extra no focus no deaths clear, Phantasm perfect clear, Phantasm no focus clear.
IaMP: ...Can't remember. :V Probably Normal 1cc.
IN: Lunatic 1cc both routes, Extra no focus clear.
PoFV: Lunatic 1cc, Extra clear.
StB: All scenes clear.
MoF: Lunatic 1cc, Extra no focus clear.
SWR: Normal 1cc.
SA: Lunatic 1cc, Extra no focus clear.
UFO: Low score Lunatic 1cc, Extra no focus clear.
UNL: Normal 1cc.
Other things: All spell cards captured, VoWG no focus capture, Hourai Elixir Youmu solo no focus constant shooting capture.

SA Extra perfect is next on the list~
Let's fight.

?q

• Lurking librarian
  • and moe sound effect
« Reply #37 on: January 03, 2010, 12:46:54 PM »
  • LLS Lunatic No Bombs 1cc with Reimu, 1LC with Marisa (unreported; this is separate to my savescum-practice run), Perfect Stages 1-4A (no B yet). Officially survived a lot of Extra timeout phases either perfectly, 1 bomb / death or 2 bombs (or equivalent). "GRT" is the exception, having a 1D3B clear as my best. No Bombing it is a different story, personal best being in that video.
Gengetu Spark's timeout phase seems like the easiest one...

Jaimers

• You just did it because you're older than me.
« Reply #38 on: January 03, 2010, 01:21:49 PM »
EoSD Extra all shottypes clear. Just to get that out of the way.
ReimuA was like pacifist Flandre all over again.  :V

Gengetu Spark's timeout phase seems like the easiest one...

Well, I managed to dodge a full wave of it in my pacifist video so maybe.  :V
None of them are easy in the slightest though. A lot of luck is involved as well.

Kind of wondering, is there a way to make Hypercam record from the computer's sound card, or is it always going to use the microphone?

I have no microphone, so there you go.
I do remember you had to do some weird Voodoo in Vista and Win 7 to activate the Sterio Mix, which I think is required for recording from the speakers.
I guess you can use this.

Lybydose

• Isn't cool enough to have a title
  • ESC -> Retry
« Reply #39 on: January 03, 2010, 03:05:19 PM »
oh hey lists

EoSD:  Normal 1cc, Extra Clear
PCB:  Lunatic 1cc, Extra/Phantasm NF, Phantasm 1DNB (stage portion death  >:()
IN:  Lunatic 1cc, Extra NF
MoF:  Lunatic 1cc, Extra NF
SA:  Lunatic 1cc, Extra NF, Extra 1DNB (I died to Subterranean Rose.  WHAT)
UFO:  I once managed to die 7 times to LFO

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #40 on: January 03, 2010, 03:14:28 PM »

FUCK YEAR

This is harder then UFO god dammit

All games 1cced on at least Hard, barring HRtP and IaMP~
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

DA

• Some dude on the internet
« Reply #41 on: January 03, 2010, 03:48:00 PM »
I did something in EOSD I like to call Cirnoing.... Basically i played like if i was playing Cirno and Letty xmas. I got up to china.

Jaimers

« Reply #42 on: January 03, 2010, 03:49:24 PM »
LLS lunatic 1cc with all shottypes and Extra clear all shottypes.
Took like no effort at all.

These endings are weird as hell though and I'm really curious what is going on.

Is that Marisa playing dress up or what?

« Reply #43 on: January 03, 2010, 04:15:32 PM »

Is that Marisa playing dress up or what?

Marisa: "Yo~o
Reimu, dolphin~"

Although why Marisa's talking about dolphins I'm not sure, unless there's another meaning to "iruka" that I don't know about :V
« Last Edit: January 03, 2010, 04:18:29 PM by Serafie »

lmagus

• I HATE VoWG
    • My Youtube
« Reply #44 on: January 03, 2010, 05:06:48 PM »
Marisa looks so fat there
Current Goal: PCB Lunatic 1cc
Watch me on Youtube

?q

• Lurking librarian
  • and moe sound effect
« Reply #45 on: January 03, 2010, 05:14:22 PM »
The weirdest ending of all is Bad End 3 from SoEW.

Spoiler:
Marisa crucifies Reimu and sets her on fire.  Of course I'm serious.

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #46 on: January 03, 2010, 05:24:42 PM »
The weirdest ending of all is Bad End 3 from SoEW.

Spoiler:
Marisa crucifies Reimu and sets her on fire.  Of course I'm serious.
Okay I HAVE to go see this later
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

Jaimers

« Reply #47 on: January 03, 2010, 06:17:12 PM »
EoSD lunatic 1cc with ReimuA. I believe the only one shottype I haven't done yet is MarisaB.
MS Extra all shottypes clear.

I also found a way to trivialise EX Alice's bouncy icicle phase.
The icicles can be dodged with a simple, infinitely repeating pattern similar to IN extra's death fairy.
It's kind of hard to explain, so I'll make a video of it sometime later.

I just recorded myself defeating Rumia with my eyes closed. Should I upload y/n?

What difficulty? Where bombs involved?

nintendonut888

« Reply #48 on: January 03, 2010, 06:27:19 PM »
What difficulty? Where bombs involved?

Lunatic of course. And there was MASSSIVE bomb spam, but I actually managed to dodge a few things, including capturing Night Bird.

LLS endings do want

>_>

<_<

* Donut appears in an alleyway

EDIT: Oh god damn it where did I put them?

FYI Serafie, "いるか” means "who's there?" :P

And as for Marisa's clothing, they're just different clothes for her. PC-98 differed from Windows in that the characters actually sometimes put on normal clothes for the endings.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2010, 06:56:20 PM by nintendonut888 »
nintendonut888: Hey Baity. I beat the high score for Sanae B hard on the score.dat you sent me. X3
Baity: For a moment, I thought you broke 1.1billion. Upon looking at my score.dat, I can assume that you destroyed the score that is my failed (first!) 1cc attempt on my first day of playing. Congratulations.

[19:42] <Sapz> I think that's the only time I've ever seen a suicide bullet shoot its own suicide bullet

« Reply #49 on: January 03, 2010, 07:08:18 PM »
And as for Marisa's clothing, they're just different clothes for her. PC-98 differed from Windows in that the characters actually sometimes put on normal clothes for the endings.

Actually, in one of PCB's endings
Spoiler:
Reimu wears different clothing involving wearing a hat and no detached sleeves.
I was like "what."

Uhh I should go put an accomplishment here so I don't go off topic...

Captured God Sign「Beautiful Spring-like Suiga」which I had trouble with for ages since I failed at reading between the lines.

nintendonut888

« Reply #50 on: January 03, 2010, 08:46:50 PM »
Perfected the Prismrivers. I have no idea why it has taken this long to do so, but it may have to do with the fact that they have a long stage and Lyrica's opener is VERY hard at max rank. So the obvious solution: Do terribly on the stage to lower the rank so the attack is trivial. \o/ Now I just have to perfect Yuyuko and I will have perfected every non-extra boss in PCB.

* Donut seppukus at the thought of getting serious about perfecting a final boss

« Reply #51 on: January 03, 2010, 08:48:43 PM »
Finally, my first Normal mode 1CC. Imperishable Night, but still. Completely messed up the Reisen fight, and didn't capture anything in stage 6B apart from Fire Rat's Robe, and yet I finished 2/2. And now to grind that Extra stage...

Also, Youmu solo is freaking overpowered against anything that has to do with familiars.

Never could manage to destroy that last one before the spellcard ran out of life, though. And I haven't survived long enough to test if the familiars are as fragile on higher difficulties (read: normal).

nintendonut888

« Reply #52 on: January 03, 2010, 09:05:44 PM »
They are, but destroying them hardly makes the attack easier. If anything I find it harder until you destroy all but two, which is about as hard to do as capturing the card in the first place. Even on lunatic though Hourai Jewel is quite easy if you're just going for survival.

Drake

« Reply #53 on: January 03, 2010, 09:06:26 PM »
Anyone who doesn't play on Lunatic would agree that First Pyramid (Keine's midboss card) is a piece of cake. However upon a switch to Lunatic it turns into absolute fucking bullshit. The small bullets are static, so I found a safe path to use. I have about a 1/3 cap rate right now, but it'll improve with more practice.

http://replays.gensokyou.org/download.php?id=6752

-Start at the right of the "y" in the enemy marker. Keine fires bubbles.
-Get directly on the "n". Everything will pass by you. Keine fires bubbles.
-Two bullets will converge to the left of you. This is just a position marker, get to the left of them.
-Two more bullets will kind of cross over, again to the left. Stay to the immediate left of them, everything will pass by you. Keine fires bubbles.
-Next position marker: two columns of bullets will be on your right. Get in the middle of them.
-Immediately after those bullets pass by you, hurry over to the right. Place yourself to the very right of one specific bullet. This position sucks though because it takes some work to get right. Keine fires bubbles.
-Place yourself directly to the right of "y". You'll have to get away from the last few bullets by slowly moving left.

Seeing as the bullets seem to repeat some patterns, there might be an easier way to do it though.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2010, 09:55:09 PM by Drake »

A Colorful Calculating Creative and Cuddly Crafty Callipygous Clever Commander
- original art by Aiけん | ウサホリ -

« Reply #54 on: January 03, 2010, 09:31:46 PM »
There's an issue with the replay. The download doesn't work.

I've got my a path that works for everyone except Reimu solo, Magic team(though it works with some more unfocused shooting), solo Alice, and solo Yuyuko. Solo Remilia and solo Yukari use a different path though.

Also, Subterranean Animism Stage 4 Hard No Deaths

Jaimers

« Reply #55 on: January 03, 2010, 09:47:48 PM »
Pacifist EX Alice.

That took like 18 minutes. The length of her attacks are insane. Her second to last phase lasts for 3 minutes, you have to dodge like 10 waves before it ends, it's crazy.
Also 2 and a half minutes of Cheeto Lasers.
The run was actually perfect until the end of the bouncy icicle phase, where I had to bomb because the bullets don't get cleared and Alice immediately starts her next phase. 2 deaths on laser phase, both with bombs in stock and another on Cheeto Lasers, also with bombs in stock.

I'll upload the run tomorrow so you can also see that bouncy icicle tactic that makes it trivial.

Lunatic of course. And there was MASSSIVE bomb spam, but I actually managed to dodge a few things, including capturing Night bird.

No bombs and then we'll start talking.

Drake

« Reply #56 on: January 03, 2010, 09:54:53 PM »
Whoops, forgot gensokyo doesn't like punctuation in names. Fixed.

A Colorful Calculating Creative and Cuddly Crafty Callipygous Clever Commander
- original art by Aiけん | ウサホリ -

nintendonut888

« Reply #57 on: January 03, 2010, 09:56:37 PM »
You have no idea how hard it is to keep my eyes closed, let alone dodge from sound alone (most of the attacks aren't even possible to consistently do this way). I'm the type of person who can't even walk in a straight line with their eyes closed, so the whole ordeal was a constant battle of wills to keep me from flickering open my eyes. :< Besides, the replay is hilarious when you factor in that I never saw what I was doing and still managed to dodge some things.

EDIT: Beat Satori (Reimu A of course) no bombs one death. It's so funny how small the difference is between failing miserably and acing in SA. >_> This was only because Double Death Butterfly gave me nothing but easy waves, landing me my, like, fourth capture of the card ever. Then I had to go and clip a laser on the next card. >_<
« Last Edit: January 03, 2010, 10:36:22 PM by nintendonut888 »

LHCling

• Metang@
  • ( 。゚ 3っ   )っ
« Reply #58 on: January 03, 2010, 10:41:37 PM »
MarisaA!Patchy's first Spell Card captured at Max Rank. The second Spell Card was almost captured at Max Rank as well; and a lot of fun. Too bad I got 4 ridiculous bubble spray "waves" in a row.
[16:25] <Kuruminut> Shut up MS Word, "fangirlism" is totally a word
<>
[07:59] <Sapz> ベーティさんは馬鹿っぽいだろう、この「っぽい」好き者

theshirn

• THE LAWS OF THE FIESTA MEAN NOTHING
    • Wisdom is Not a Dump Stat
« Reply #59 on: January 03, 2010, 10:52:54 PM »
Yay lists

tHRtP Normal 1cc (Jigoku)
SoEW Lunatic 1cc
SoEW Extra Clear (NEVER AGAIN)
PoDD Normal 1cc
LLS Lunatic 1cc
LLS Extra Clear
MS Lunatic 1cc (easily my best achievement to date)
MS Extra Clear
EoSD Hard 1cc (Lunatic is NOT being nice)
EoSD Extra Clear
PCB Lunatic 1cc
PCB Extra Clear
PCB Phantasm Clear
IN Hard 1cc
IN Extra Clear
PoFV Lunatic 1cc (the Strongest!)
MoF Lunatic 1cc
MoF Extra Clear
SA Normal 1cc
SA Extra Clear
UFO Normal 1cc
UFO Extra Clear

The most annoying thing is that even with six Lunatic 1cc's, I still usually play like a mid-level Hard player.  Consistency, why do you hate me so?  What did I do to you?

Goals for the next topic (that I actually expect to pull off, except that I'm only going to have half the time because of going home):
EoSD Lunatic 1cc
SA Hard 1cc
UFO Hard 1cc

And maybe PoDD Hard and IN Lunatic, but I wouldn't count on either.

[09:46] <theshim|work> there is nothing like working for a real estate company to make one contemplate arson