Author Topic: Chen's Day Out! ヾ(^∇^)  (Read 173026 times)

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
  • Make a yukkuri and take it easy with me
Re: Chen's Day Out! ヾ(^∇^)
« Reply #30 on: December 28, 2009, 09:06:52 PM »
> Get down

Chaore

• Kai Ni Recipient Many Years Late
  • You Finally Did It, Kadokawa.
« Reply #31 on: December 28, 2009, 09:08:39 PM »
>Examine boxes.
>Is this the escape attempt? If so, recall how the others went so education may be derived from past mistakes.

The boxes appear to be cardboard and filled with assorted junk that may or may not exist if you choose to open the box. Therefore, Schrodinger's Junk.

You're pretty sure you're not trying to escape, god knows what she'd do if she found you missing. She may just return to trying to kill people, and you're not sure if it'd end up better now or not. It's pretty much the only day you'll have free for an indeterminate amount of time, therefore, your day off.

> Get down

You drop to the floor and duck. Nothing appears to be assaulting you, so you feel rather silly.

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
« Reply #32 on: December 28, 2009, 09:11:17 PM »
> Follow the scent on the wind

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #33 on: December 28, 2009, 09:12:30 PM »
>Try not to sigh in frustration at that Catch 22.
>Boxes are for opening! Get to it!

Chaore

« Reply #34 on: December 28, 2009, 09:19:30 PM »
>Try not to sigh in frustration at that Catch 22.
>Boxes are for opening! Get to it!

You've never heard of Catch 22, so you manage to not sigh fairly easily.

You open the boxes. Unsurprisingly, they all end up to be EMPTY. You figure you can make use of one of the boxes however, and store it in a GAP SPACE. Sometimes, being that bitch's shikigami has it's advantages. This is one of those times.

> Follow the scent on the wind

You try and sniff out the scent on the wind, but its too faint to follow. You're surprised you even noticed it, actually.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #35 on: December 28, 2009, 09:28:35 PM »
>If there is another box of proper size to make a hat, claim it and employ it as such.
>Continue onward.

Chaore

« Reply #36 on: December 28, 2009, 10:11:38 PM »
>If there is another box of proper size to make a hat, claim it and employ it as such.
>Continue onward.

You feel sort of exposed without a hat, so you find a small enough one and place it on your head as a hat. It feels silly, but its better than the alternative.

You leave SOMEWHERE, returning to main Gensokyo. You have no idea what really just happened there, and forgetting it may be for the best!

You try and remember where to go from here. As far as you know, Gensokyo has not changed.

Where would you want to go first?

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #37 on: December 28, 2009, 10:17:26 PM »
>Try to find Cirno. She's always been a buddy, right?

Chaore

« Reply #38 on: December 28, 2009, 10:39:58 PM »
>Try to find Cirno. She's always been a buddy, right?

You decide to try and find the ice fairy CIRNO. You doubt anything could really get her down.

You start towards the Misty Lake, habitually avoiding a quicker path from your location through the Magic Forest. The lake has seen better days, and is currently a rather darkish brown hue. And kind of purple, really its disgusting. You actually think this is kind of new. There are a good number of fairies around here, probably because this is where Cirno spends most of her time.

After THE INCIDENT, Most Youkai grouped together to defend their land. Fairies never really saw themselves as owners of a single area, or as a group. This led to issues- Fairies were spread out and usually helped around with the 'owner' of their area's deeds. (SDM's Maids, for example.) So many Youkai groups started to see them as mercenaries, and try to force them to fight for them. This led to more confusion and fighting, until the fairies just stopped helping altogether. The default reaction to a fairy became to kill the hell out of it. This would be more threatening to the fairies if they didn't pretty much respawn, however. Fairies as such, typically don't follow any leader, and are overall weak and unorganized. Though, quite a few have apparently been starting to follow Cirno over the years...

Many fairies flee from where you emerged, perhaps from reputation, perhaps from just being something other than a fairy. You pace around the lake, trying to spot Cirno, but its kind of hard from the edges. You really don't want to go in it, you hate water in general but this is just disgusting.

Fightest

• Fighter than anyone else
« Reply #39 on: December 28, 2009, 11:39:53 PM »
> Wonder if parser is an unreliable narrator.
> Examine self.

Chaore

« Reply #40 on: December 28, 2009, 11:49:42 PM »
> Wonder if parser is an unreliable narrator.
> Examine self.

>I have no idea why you'd accuse me of such... Misdeeds! You insult me, Good sir!

You feel the urge to look down and examine yourself. You are SLIGHTLY DIRTY, but show no signs of damage. You are wearing a SLIGHTLY RIPPED dress, which upon inspection, is kind of small for you now. You seem to appear older than you last remembered. You figure its probably because you feel older, it can't have been that long since you last checked yourself. You are also wearing a BOX HAT to protect your head. You have no shoes. You do look to be kind of a mess.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #41 on: December 28, 2009, 11:57:30 PM »
>Cease doubting the Parser at once! It too much an insult!
>Wave to the faeries, and says, "I'm just here to chat. She doesn't know I'm here!"
>Replace She with SHE if it is appropriate

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
« Reply #42 on: December 29, 2009, 12:00:37 AM »
> RABBIT SLAM!! MUTHAFUCKERS!!

Fightest

« Reply #43 on: December 29, 2009, 12:06:02 AM »
>I have no idea why you'd accuse me of such... Misdeeds! You insult me, Good sir!

> Assure Parser that being an unreliable narrator is the hip and cool thing these days, and there's nothing wrong with being one.
> Pull out a tuft of own hair, examine it.

Chaore

« Reply #44 on: December 29, 2009, 12:24:34 AM »
> RABBIT SLAM!! MUTHAFUCKERS!!

You are not a giant rabbit, Therefore, can not rabbit slam. Maybe if you could acquire a Giant Rabbit...

>Cease doubting the Parser at once! It too much an insult!
>Wave to the faeries, and says, "I'm just here to chat. She doesn't know I'm here!"
>Replace She with SHE if it is appropriate

>Thanks Man.

You wave to the fairies and try to assure them you mean no harm. They're confused, but most seem to flood out and believe you. You remember SHE isn't known to be alive, it may be best to keep it that way... They assume you mean someone else, Maybe there is a Cat Leader somewhere?

> Assure Parser that being an unreliable narrator is the hip and cool thing these days, and there's nothing wrong with being one.
> Pull out a tuft of own hair, examine it.

>Still don't like it man, But I'll take this insult...in stride.

You try to pull out a tuft of hair, but wimp out and only take a strand. ...Your hair hasn't changed color, but it certainly may be a bit longer. Maybe you should get it cut.

Kuma

• Charismatic grizzly bear
  • 熊 熊 熊
« Reply #45 on: December 29, 2009, 12:35:14 AM »
>Ask one of the Fairies if thewy know where Cirno and/or Daiyousai are

> Our claws are still long and sharp, right? when we have the time, cut our hair with those

Why am I getting an "Amarican McGee's Alice" vibe from this?
Wotters gonna' wot

Fightest

« Reply #46 on: December 29, 2009, 12:39:03 AM »
Why am I getting an "Amarican McGee's Alice" vibe from this?

> 'Cause American McGee's Alice is pretty damn awesome. So... peace, Parser, are we cool?.
> Ask who's in charge around these parts.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #47 on: December 29, 2009, 12:42:46 AM »
>If the faeries seem amenable to talking with you still, ask them what has been happening recently, so we know where the dangerous bits are.

Kuma

• 熊 熊 熊
« Reply #48 on: December 29, 2009, 12:45:48 AM »
> Also, examine Fairies
Wotters gonna' wot

Chaore

« Reply #49 on: December 29, 2009, 01:23:17 AM »
>Ask one of the Fairies if they know where Cirno and/or Daiyousei are

> Our claws are still long and sharp, right? when we have the time, cut our hair with those

You try to flag down a fairy to ask them about Cirno or Daiyousei. It takes a bit, But you manage to find one. "I don't know where Cirno is, but I know Daiyousei is somewhere in the middle of the lake at the moment."

You feel the less you have to touch this lake the better, so you ask the fairy to go get Daiyousei for you. She agrees and flys off.

You check your claws, they're still pretty sharp. It'd be kind of hard to cut your hair with them still, though. Maybe if you could find a good reflective surface to use...

New Quest Added: Cuttting your Hair for the first time for dummies.
> 'Cause American McGee's Alice is pretty damn awesome. So... peace, Parser, are we cool?.
> Ask who's in charge around these parts.

>If the faeries seem amenable to talking with you still, ask them what has been happening recently, so we know where the dangerous bits are.

>We cool, We cool.

While the Fairy is still fetching Daiyousei, You ask the other fairies a few things. As usual, it seems the Fairies are mostly ruling themselves or their small groups. Cirno and Daiyousei are considered two of the strongest, so they have the most influence. You also ask whats been going on around there lately. The fairies mention the lake seems to be polluted now for some reason. There appears to be some activity going on with the INSECTS in the MAGIC FOREST. Parties have been leaving the forest and returning, the fairies aren't sure where they're going. They also mention they're pretty sure the ABANDONED MANSION on the other side of the lake is haunted. Other than that, they've luckily been secluded from other conflicts.

> Also, examine Fairies

The fairies over the lake are obviously the best off, they're still wearing their dresses as they always have. A few of them seem kind of dirty though, probably from the fact their main source of water to wash in is dirty now. They don't seem like they're in any shape to fight though.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #50 on: December 29, 2009, 01:29:27 AM »
Ask about the insects.

Chaore

« Reply #51 on: December 29, 2009, 01:44:55 AM »
>Ask about the insects.

You ask them some more about the insects. They don't really know much, but the parties don't seem to be going out to war or anything, and don't seem to be carrying anything back with them. They're going in a direction towards the entrances to MAKAI, the UNDERGROUND, And HAKUGYOKUROU. You're completely baffled why they'd be going to any of these places.

Kuma

• 熊 熊 熊
« Reply #52 on: December 29, 2009, 01:49:25 AM »
Rin is a cat. Maby she's the cat leader?

> Ask about the undergound

> make a mental note to go there after we meet with Daiyousai and/or Cirno
Wotters gonna' wot

Chaore

« Reply #53 on: December 29, 2009, 01:59:42 AM »
> Ask about the underground

> make a mental note to go there after we meet with Daiyousai and/or Cirno

You ask the fairies what they know about the underground, unsurprisingly its not much. You suppose the ones Utsuho and the rest hired aren't here. Intriguing, almost.

You make a note you may want to check it out. The fairy soon returns with Daiyousei in tow.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #54 on: December 29, 2009, 02:08:03 AM »
>Gauge Daiyousei's mood as well as you can.

Chaore

« Reply #55 on: December 29, 2009, 02:18:04 AM »
>Gauge Daiyousei's mood as well as you can.

You try to gauge Daiyousei's mood as she approaches. She seems a bit miffed, you probably interrupted something semi-important. She isn't exactly angry, but visibly annoyed. Her mood changes to surprise as she sees you. You greet her when she comes up. She responds in kind.

"I didn't expect to see you out again so soon, normally you're away longer..."

Apparently this was a shorter cycle on her part, You have to wonder if this may turn into a pattern.

Kuma

• 熊 熊 熊
« Reply #56 on: December 29, 2009, 02:23:39 AM »
> Come up withsome sort of witty way to say we have lots of free time all of a sudden

> Ask if there's anything important/interesting happening.
Wotters gonna' wot

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #57 on: December 29, 2009, 02:34:19 AM »
>Apologize for disturbing her.

Chaore

« Reply #58 on: December 29, 2009, 02:39:27 AM »
> Come up with some sort of witty way to say we have lots of free time all of a sudden

> Ask if there's anything important/interesting happening.

You rack your mind for some way to brush off your sudden amount of free time.

"Well, Apparently the plants ARE taking care of themselves now."

You don't do too well. Luckily, Daiyousei seems to buy it. You ask about what she knows is happening around here. She frowns and sends the fairies off. After they're gone, she turns to you.

"Cirno left for the Forest of Magic a few days ago to see what the Insects were up to, and she hasn't been back since then. The insects have been by far the kindest to us, but they've been acting differently for a while now. Sunny Milk and her group went into the Abandoned Scarlet Devil Mansion yesterday, and they swear they saw someone there, as well."

>Apologize for disturbing her.

You apologize for apparently interrupting her.

"Its fine, I don't think much would've come from trying to send the Fairies after Cirno, if something really bad happened, they wouldn't come back either."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #59 on: December 29, 2009, 02:44:26 AM »
>Ask if the Lake condition is a new thing or if it's been that way for awhile.