Author Topic: L4D 2 topic where?  (Read 14519 times)

♛ Apher-Forte

• Am I to go home...or shall I stay alone?
  • Forever lost at sea, a distant bell rings for me
    • Himitsu's NSFW Blog ~ contains NSFW material
L4D 2 topic where?
« on: December 20, 2009, 08:59:29 AM »
Left 4 Dead 2 is out.

comments thoughts after play?

There are a bunch of 'fans' who claim this game is not as fun as the previous L4D.

well, I say screw them, this makes about the best FPS I ever played, and you can disagree, you are wrong.  :V
  <-- my artwork thread, click me!
[ Find my cosplay photos here. ] OMG I HAVE TUMBLR FOLLOW PLZX Will You Remember Me... ?

Re: L4D 2 topic where?
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2009, 09:00:06 AM »
There are a bunch of 'fans' who claim this game is not as fun as the previous L4D.

They all tell HORRIBLE LIES. Though it sounds like you know that already.

♛ Apher-Forte

« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2009, 09:11:02 AM »
Gotta love bottles of puke.

throw it at your team mates for extra lawlz.
[ Find my cosplay photos here. ] OMG I HAVE TUMBLR FOLLOW PLZX Will You Remember Me... ?

« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2009, 08:50:22 PM »
L4D2 is kinda funny to me because I live in the south and know people who are like that.

Talk like that too.

« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2009, 09:17:03 PM »
I got it two weeks ago and still haven't played it. :V

« Reply #5 on: December 21, 2009, 01:15:36 AM »
During the Atrium finale, we had all 13 gas tanks gathered up and my teammate shot one of them by accident, causing a fire to incap us all in less than 3 seconds.  Other than that, I have had no gripes yet.

Oh yeah, the frying pan is probably the best melee weapon in existence.  Nothing beats stunning a tank with an explosive and having all four survivors smack the crap out of it and killing it in a couple seconds.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2009, 01:18:00 AM by SupremeBogus »

« Reply #6 on: December 21, 2009, 01:57:13 AM »
Even though i have L4D1, I never played it all that much. I really should give L4D2 a try though

Mima

• Permabanned
  • By Benny1
« Reply #7 on: December 21, 2009, 02:08:26 AM »
Fun, yes. Worth a full release when you count the new stuff? ...Depends how much you paid for it, pre-orders were alright but full price payers are getting ripped off. The game will eventually turn out like the previous one and turn boring. There's team-based games and there's games where you're forced to sit with each other with no chance of any freedom whatsoever because a special infected grabs you. The DLC will add minor replayability for roughly... 2 hours if the last DLC is anything to go by and then people will drift back to other games.

« Reply #8 on: December 21, 2009, 02:14:48 AM »
L4D2 is a great game for taking breaks from other games.  I don't expect anyone to play it constantly with stop.  Playing once in a while to strengthen the bonds between friends (or weaken depending on the mode) seems pretty fun to me.  I bought the game with the 4-pack option, which is a lot cheaper when you have friends that are willing to split the costs.

Fightest

• Fighter than anyone else
« Reply #9 on: December 21, 2009, 07:20:42 PM »
Also melee is god mode. Thought people would like to know :V.

♛ Apher-Forte

« Reply #10 on: December 24, 2009, 10:29:19 AM »
Holy shit the Carnival/concert stage is fucking hard.

though not as hard as Dead Center, the fact you are in an open field and there will be 2 tanks towards the end makes it impossible to do hurdle jump without getting caught.

That and Chargers are a headache.

« Reply #11 on: December 24, 2009, 08:10:59 PM »
Chargers seem kind of over powered to me. They have 600 hp and hit like a muther.
They seem to hurt more with their normal attack rather than the pin thing b/c you can't shove him.

« Reply #12 on: December 24, 2009, 08:53:49 PM »
That and Chargers are a headache.

Think how much worse they were when they could get you stuck (was a bug that's been fixed). :V Once my team had to kill me so I could respawn in somewhere else later.

Gammeru

« Reply #13 on: December 24, 2009, 11:59:16 PM »
Do witches often spawn in the saferoom?

Kuma

• Charismatic grizzly bear
  • 熊 熊 熊
« Reply #14 on: December 25, 2009, 01:11:11 AM »
Do y'all know what "suck the heads" means?
Wotters gonna' wot

« Reply #15 on: December 25, 2009, 01:54:42 AM »
Do y'all know what "suck the heads" means?

Yes, I do know what "suck the heads" means.
You see I know these guys from like Louisiana, and they had this party.

Long story short, crawdads taste like mud.

« Reply #16 on: December 25, 2009, 02:15:18 AM »
I think I would enjoy this game more if my friends didn't spam random vocalize commands every half second.
Nick:  Ellis, you're carrying like ten different guns.
Nick:  Ellis, you're carrying like ten different guns.
Nick:  Ellis, you're carry-
Nick:  Ellis, you-
Nick:  E-
*Team-kill*

« Reply #17 on: December 25, 2009, 02:25:07 AM »
My favorite is still to spam, "Tank!" in the safe room.

♛ Apher-Forte

« Reply #18 on: December 25, 2009, 12:22:02 PM »
My favorite is still to spam, "Tank!" in the safe room.

be wary of me then.
Boomer! and I point to my friend.

NAH JOKE.

Chargers seem kind of over powered to me. They have 600 hp and hit like a muther.
They seem to hurt more with their normal attack rather than the pin thing b/c you can't shove him.

Except it is easy to dodge them, I personally shotgun after sideways, gets them every time.
The one where they were at a factory and there were 10 witches in the area was most fun. I love disturbing the bitches.

seaoflcl

« Reply #19 on: December 26, 2009, 08:19:20 AM »

I sort of know what you mean, when it comes to the charger's left-click melee attack (as in, not charging) they seem to deal massive damage, taking you down in like 3-5 hits on advanced. Of course, I may be just being stupid, but I actually got incapped by a charger I didn't know was there (cuz they only scream when they charge).

Drake

« Reply #20 on: December 26, 2009, 08:22:34 AM »
Nick = best character y/y?

A Colorful Calculating Creative and Cuddly Crafty Callipygous Clever Commander
- original art by Aiけん | ウサホリ -

♛ Apher-Forte

« Reply #21 on: December 27, 2009, 04:53:22 PM »
I sort of know what you mean, when it comes to the charger's left-click melee attack (as in, not charging) they seem to deal massive damage, taking you down in like 3-5 hits on advanced. Of course, I may be just being stupid, but I actually got incapped by a charger I didn't know was there (cuz they only scream when they charge).

You are actually, all that huffing and puffing and you couldn't tell it was there?

plus, you can easily sidestep it.
Nick = best character y/y?

cute. but not the best. I like Ellis, cause like Nick says, he is a kid with guns.
lots of them.

but Nick says "TITS" when he hurt so yeah.

[K]KoaMeow

• Pudding!
  • kyaaaaaaaaa~
    • M3 BM Fan Translation
« Reply #22 on: January 02, 2010, 05:40:36 PM »

This should be helpful in some sense.

« Reply #23 on: January 02, 2010, 06:59:01 PM »
That nightstick is unbelievably godly.  Tonfas FTW!

♛ Apher-Forte

« Reply #24 on: January 04, 2010, 06:30:06 PM »
the Tonfa is hax, and by far stupid because really, what the fuck is that damage?!

the chainsaw wat 8 secs vs that nightstick?!
Who did they think Ellis, Rochelle Nick and Coach are? Bruce Motherfucking Lee?!

anyway, for that said, I use the chainsaw whenever I find it, despite its limited life, hardly anything comes close

the only problem still that clings to my head is this: despite able to wield double pistols, you can't wield double melee weapons.

why? Most people would arm if possible, double bats, or perhaps double knives for good measure of defense, only game I know that can do this: 0
« Last Edit: January 04, 2010, 06:33:03 PM by Akane - F »

Hideki

• ~La, la, la~
  • Texas Chensaw Massacre
« Reply #25 on: January 05, 2010, 05:06:06 AM »
the only problem still that clings to my head is this: despite able to wield double pistols, you can't wield double melee weapons.

why? Most people would arm if possible, double bats, or perhaps double knives for good measure of defense, only game I know that can do this: 0
Because the melee weapons are two-handed?  I'd say the reason the melee weapons are so strong is because they are swinging them around with both hands.  Only the machete, nightstick, crowbar, and axe can I see someone wielding two.  Any others would either logically severely decrease the damage done (frying pan, katana, both bats), or are too heavy for effective, constant usage (guitar, chainsaw)

Badass bookworms

♛ Apher-Forte

« Reply #26 on: January 05, 2010, 04:40:59 PM »
needs smaller chainsaw so one player can pull a Tallahassee (watch Zombieland which is basically L4D = The Movie)

« Reply #27 on: January 27, 2010, 04:18:01 AM »
Its fun when a chainsaw spawns on the coaster, you can just run through the coaster with the button held down.
Did you know AIs can kick the pipe bomb? :V

Corky

« Reply #28 on: January 29, 2010, 11:37:10 PM »
Charger and Spitter are my favorite Infected to play as.

I'm often terrible with the Charger though.

Spidere

• My magic finger will make your problems go away
  • But I'm an asshole, so you won't get any of it
« Reply #29 on: January 31, 2010, 07:22:20 AM »
God this game is awesome. I don't get why everyone just creams over Swamp Fever though, my favourite campaign is Dead Center, and I personally love Elis's dialogue.