Author Topic: I must applaud MoTK for its charity  (Read 4722 times)

I must applaud MoTK for its charity
« on: December 20, 2009, 05:34:33 AM »
Seriously. Not many websites do that.
I applaud MoTK for raising $1700 as it stands right now, and I hope you receive more donations to come!

Awesome deed you guys are doing. Really awesome!!

Stuffman

• We're having a ball!
Re: I must applaud MoTK for its charity
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2009, 07:35:55 AM »
I must say I am impressed as well, I wouldn't expect this much from a relatively small community such as this one.

Dead Princess Sakana

• E is for Elodie, who swims with the fishes.
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2009, 07:46:29 AM »
Same here. That event has proven once again that this was a great community to join.
Next year I will save some money beforehand so I can contribute too. *stands in the corner ashamed*

And I think that Moerin deserves some kind of reward (maybe IM/ID) after this, seeing as he seems to have donated a lot.

triangles

• gotta stock up on dark matter
  • each pound of which weighs over 10,000 pounds
« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2009, 01:32:20 PM »
When MJP first pitched this idea when making dinner a fews back I was mad skeptical.  I would have been surprised if the total was (including the base donation) $400.  Something like this shows that even if we are a message board centering around games with little girls shooting pretty confetti bullets around each other, there's so much more heart to go around  :toot:

You all still have a little less than 24 hours to donate or enter either contest for a shot at Idiot Hierarchydom and/or the chance to pick the charity you want to get a part of the donation box!

Menorah Jams, Pham

• I'm allergic to sushi. Everytime I eat more than 80 sushis, I barf
  • donde esta la biblioteca
« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2009, 09:21:59 PM »
And I think that Moerin deserves some kind of reward (maybe IM/ID) after this, seeing as he seems to have donated a lot.

Seconded.  I'm amazed that one person would have such resources and generosity in such a small community.  We all gave a little bit and I am humbled by the generosity of everyone who even thought to give a few pennies. 

Guys, you all deserve a big pat on the back.  I'm proud to humiliate myself for such a generous outpouring of charity.  I gotta think of something really terrible for me to do to myself to reciprocate your generosity.

Solais

• Developer fairy
  • is working for a game developer now.
« Reply #5 on: December 21, 2009, 11:38:51 PM »
I applaud to everyone. See, this is why I choose this forum, I knew the people here have real hearts. Too bad I couldn't donate - some of you may know that I'm not the richest person and I live in a relatively poor country, even though my respectful parents are working hard for me to live a life like you in more richer countries - but, I hope some day, when this miracle happens ever again, I will be there too with all of you who donated.

Also, Goddammit Theorin, if you're made of money, I should charge you for the work I do for the Rin Project!
Just kidding. :V

Lloyd Dunamis

• aka Amanie
« Reply #6 on: December 22, 2009, 07:30:46 AM »
>w< I've been meaning to applaud everyone for this as well. Pretty much everyone probably feels the same way.

ILU guys. *huggles everyone*
2010.1212 <Sakana> The only time wasted is the time in which you really do nothing at all, not even enjoying yourself
You may send me suspicious files that could be infected/a trojan, and I'll try analyzing it for you. :3 -Mo?ware, your personal Anti-Malware Engineer