Author Topic: Any tips for IN's extra?  (Read 5254 times)

R-9A2 Delta

• laser laser laser laser
  • totally not obsessed with Yuka
Any tips for IN's extra?
« on: May 19, 2009, 11:25:07 AM »
I can capture:

Keine's first two spellcards
Ihakasa's Moon Curse
Flying Phoenix
Flaw of Forgiving Shrine
Xu Fu's Dimension
Honest Man's Death
Woo
Phoenix Tail (sometimes)

I need tips for the others. I know how to get past the second part of Possessed by Phoenix but I can't pull it off for some reason

LtC

Re: Any tips for IN's extra?
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2009, 11:49:05 AM »
This is how I do Fujiyama Volcano. After you pull it off once or twice you shouldn't really fail at it anymore.

As for the last card (whatever its name was) you just move slowly in a big circle since everything is aimed at you.

Garlyle

• I can't brain today
  • I have the dumb
    • Tormod Plays Games
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2009, 12:30:43 PM »
Possessed by Phoenix is a pain to do right.
Fire Bird only seems like a pain - sweep wide intead of small to divert her multiple-bird attack and give you room.
Keine's third spellcard should be tackled basically the same as the first
And Hourai Doll?  Clockwise circle in the center.  It... is actually pretty easy.

Don't worry about capturing Imperishable Shooting the first time.

LHCling

• Metang@
  • ( 。゚ 3っ   )っ
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2009, 01:09:45 PM »
Future "Next History"

Static card (with streaming bullets). Remember a path and follow through, while constantly moving ("tiny steps" are best). Note, that rank might affect the slow-moving bullets and turn them into fast moving bullets... or something. It seems to show that on one of the scoring replays. Regardless:

http://replays.gensokyou.org/download.php?id=3305

Possessed by Phoenix

The 2nd phase can be done in a few ways. The two most effective and distinguished methods are:

1. Start at the bottom of the screen, and tap up to the beat of the music (or somewhere around there?) when the familiars start to shoot. http://replays.gensokyou.org/download.php?id=3303

Even though my movement to the bottom of the screen was pretty impromptu, I still managed to do it. I would recommend actually being at the bottom of the screen before the 2nd phase starts to set up though.

2. Swing around in squares, circles, octagons, whatever. This one is a bit strange, but is the more "obvious" method. I find it harder now that I've got 1. Just keep a constant rhythm (of movement) if you do this. http://replays.gensokyou.org/download.php?id=3304
« Last Edit: May 19, 2009, 01:30:30 PM by BaitySM »
[16:25] <Kuruminut> Shut up MS Word, "fangirlism" is totally a word
<>
[07:59] <Sapz> ベーティさんは馬鹿っぽいだろう、この「っぽい」好き者

« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2009, 04:34:03 PM »
You can capture Ihakasas Moon Curse but not win the entire fight just like that? I must be skipping something important about Ihakasa.

theshirn

• THE LAWS OF THE FIESTA MEAN NOTHING
    • Wisdom is Not a Dump Stat
« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2009, 06:22:44 PM »
This is how I do Fujiyama Volcano. After you pull it off once or twice you shouldn't really fail at it anymore.

As for the last card (whatever its name was) you just move slowly in a big circle since everything is aimed at you.
I'd really strongly recommend circling around the top of Mokou on the first wave too.  The dense red bullets at the bottom, especially if you didn't go around and have less room to work with when she starts firing, are the hard part, and not going over only seems to make them harder.

[09:46] <theshim|work> there is nothing like working for a real estate company to make one contemplate arson

CK Crash

• boozer
« Reply #6 on: May 19, 2009, 07:24:52 PM »
You know how Keine's first and third attack make two lines down the center before starting to rotate the familiars? I generally start from the "outside" of those lines for the first one and creep towards the center. For the third one, I start "inside" and stream slowly outside. I do these cards focused, since when you are unfocused, the bullets speed up (same thing happens with her stage 3 non-spells). They are exactly the same each time, so try to memorize a path.