Author Topic: The Highly Responsive to Faith - THRtP redone *Sample demo out 2 levels*  (Read 15503 times)

Cabble

• Ask me about my Cat.
  • Not unwilling to shank you.
Re: The Highly Responsive to Faith - THRtP redone
« Reply #30 on: December 13, 2009, 11:16:58 PM »
Okay okay I get it :D

But yeah with that out of the way, Rin can be in it...poor girl doesn't get much attention:(
Well I have my own theory of rin which would make sense to place her in it and would make theorin sad
I had a teacher who used to play radiohead during class once.

ONCE.

Moerin

• What's punk? It's an explosion of suppressed dissatisfaction.
  • It's the roar of the soul!
« Reply #31 on: December 13, 2009, 11:18:38 PM »
Well I have my own theory of rin which would make sense to place her in it and would make theorin sad

Any appearance of Rin would make me happy.  ANY.  So go ahead if you want to do it~
The solution to all of life's problems!

#1 Rin Satsuki Fan~♥
"For hearts long lost and full of fright, for those alone in blackest night, accept our ring and join our fight... Love Conquers All -  with violet light!"

Cabble

• Ask me about my Cat.
« Reply #32 on: December 13, 2009, 11:24:38 PM »
Mmkay. I'll just have to find out what types of shots she should have...

My theory about rin:

Spoiler:
Rin was the caretaker of the last maiden of the Hakurei Shrine. When she died, Rin waited for the next Shrine Maiden. She raised Reimu, and left the shrine to live a peaceful life. Before the events of Embodiement of Scarlet Devil, she was going to solve the next incident Reimu encountered with her but she died shortly before.

So yeah Rin is old in my opinion.

ONCE.

Moerin

• What's punk? It's an explosion of suppressed dissatisfaction.
  • It's the roar of the soul!
« Reply #33 on: December 13, 2009, 11:32:12 PM »
Hmmm... Interesting theory.  Although it does clash with my own theories too much for me to assimilate it into them, I do have to say that I like it~

But yes, you have my approval, for whatever that's worth~
The solution to all of life's problems!

#1 Rin Satsuki Fan~♥
"For hearts long lost and full of fright, for those alone in blackest night, accept our ring and join our fight... Love Conquers All -  with violet light!"

Cabble

• Ask me about my Cat.
« Reply #34 on: December 13, 2009, 11:42:47 PM »
Uhm, okay I guess

Anyways, cards are done. Destroy all the cards to advance. simple.

EDIT: Oh hey a demo with actual (small) gameplay :V

http://www.mediafire.com/?mdvoyznwmfz
« Last Edit: December 14, 2009, 12:01:19 AM by Chen the Formless God Worshipper »

ONCE.

nintendonut888

• So those that live now, pledge on your fists and souls
  • Leave a sign of your life, no matter how small...
Re: The Highly Responsive to Faith - THRtP redone *Sample demo out 2 levels*
« Reply #35 on: December 14, 2009, 02:46:55 AM »
Your ball physics need some work. I wedged the ball between me and the corner and it bounced between us in an endless loop. Also, there's a large delay between pressing the opposite direction and the character doing it. The easiest way to fix this would be to make it so that when two different directions are pressed, the one pressed most recently takes priority over the other, rather than them canceling each other out like in Story of Eastern Wonderland.
nintendonut888: Hey Baity. I beat the high score for Sanae B hard on the score.dat you sent me. X3
Baity: For a moment, I thought you broke 1.1billion. Upon looking at my score.dat, I can assume that you destroyed the score that is my failed (first!) 1cc attempt on my first day of playing. Congratulations.

[19:42] <Sapz> I think that's the only time I've ever seen a suicide bullet shoot its own suicide bullet

Primula

• EARL TYPE 222
« Reply #36 on: December 14, 2009, 10:08:39 PM »
Well, it's a fangame, so it doesn't have to make sense.

Basically there will be the regular two storylines (with dialouge that I may add) and Shingyoku.

YES

Cabble

• Ask me about my Cat.
« Reply #37 on: December 14, 2009, 10:51:24 PM »
Me and my friend were playing it today to find bugs.

The ball bounces faster... and faster... and faster... and then got stuck in two corners. It wedged itself out and went at hyper speed before finally speeding out of the map.

ONCE.

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #38 on: December 14, 2009, 11:01:29 PM »
I totally love the idea of this project. Just make sure that the spinkick thing can be consistently done unlike the original version, especially doing it the 3 times in a row (which would be a lifesaver if I could make it freaking work when I want it to)

I say that you can vote for two that you want the most.

Scarlet Devil Mansion Route
Netherworld Route
Eientei Route
Flower Route
Youkai Mountain Route
Underground Route
All choices are <3 but I guess my pick of 2 would be  Netherworld Route and... wait, no UFO-themed route choice? D:

Also, while putting in a smaller hitbox then the original is a great idea (Bullets not even touching your sprite yet killing you=wtf.), don't make it a really small hitbox like in the shooters. You get bullet-destroying shot and bullet-reflecting gohei and superpower spinkicks for that. Also, I just realized Reimu's spinkick in the fighting games must have been inspired from tHRtP, awesome.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2009, 11:05:15 PM by NeoSerela »
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

Cabble

• Ask me about my Cat.
« Reply #39 on: December 14, 2009, 11:11:31 PM »
Wait... Reimu had a spinkick?

Anyways this next week will be spent making stages and then starting on... *shivers* bosses

ONCE.

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #40 on: December 14, 2009, 11:20:04 PM »
Wait... Reimu had a spinkick?

Anyways this next week will be spent making stages and then starting on... *shivers* bosses
She has two lesser known special moves, one throws a whole bunch of shot out at once and once is a spinkick that reflects bullets and can move you forward slowly. The spinkick only lasts about as long as the gohei thing, but it also allows you to move a little and you can do it three times in a row.

Unfortunately, like the bomb it has a weird input thing, and its impossible to actually make good use of it when you need it.

http://touhou.wikia.com/wiki/Highly_Responsive_to_Prayers:_Gameplay

Read the special moves section.  :)

And the spinkick isn't god even if it was easier to preform because of the weird missile-ish bullets that you can't do anything about, and lasers. Also, I wonder why the wiki says bombs don't damage bosses unless you have 0 lives... they've always hurt the boss for me.
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

Primula

• EARL TYPE 222
« Reply #41 on: December 15, 2009, 12:08:50 AM »
My vote goes to Eintei and Flower route because of the underrated ones~

Cabble

• Ask me about my Cat.
« Reply #42 on: December 15, 2009, 12:11:23 AM »
Sorry, actually scrapping that idea ><

ONCE.

nintendonut888

• So those that live now, pledge on your fists and souls
  • Leave a sign of your life, no matter how small...
« Reply #43 on: December 15, 2009, 01:49:39 AM »
Unfortunately, like the bomb it has a weird input thing, and its impossible to actually make good use of it when you need it.

Ahem. The spin kick is actually pretty easy to do, but it has weird timing if you want to use it effectively.

I agree though that the ofuda spam is pretty useless even if you look past the fact that the game registers your input as a bomb half the time.
nintendonut888: Hey Baity. I beat the high score for Sanae B hard on the score.dat you sent me. X3
Baity: For a moment, I thought you broke 1.1billion. Upon looking at my score.dat, I can assume that you destroyed the score that is my failed (first!) 1cc attempt on my first day of playing. Congratulations.

[19:42] <Sapz> I think that's the only time I've ever seen a suicide bullet shoot its own suicide bullet

Cabble

• Ask me about my Cat.
« Reply #44 on: December 24, 2009, 04:34:19 PM »
Okay. You might think I? gave up on this but I haven't. I've been doing more stage designing and composing for the new levels.

So expect something pretty soon.

ONCE.