Author Topic: A Comiket 77 Thread  (Read 55715 times)

Dead Princess Sakana

• E is for Elodie, who swims with the fishes.
Re: A Comiket 77 Thread
« Reply #150 on: January 11, 2010, 05:08:35 AM »
Then keep your eyes open on your next visit there. You'll be surprised just how much Touhou you'll find everywhere  :D
(Oh man, talking about that made me want to go there again myself...)

« Reply #151 on: January 11, 2010, 05:18:11 AM »
For me it would be in a few months...

ah..so I should do fine...

Observer

• Light Bearer
  • Arcanum Infinitum
    • Primum Mobile ~ Doujin Circle
« Reply #152 on: January 11, 2010, 01:31:05 PM »
I think those big screens are also there to give the poor devs a sense of accomplishment too. If you look at their blogs, they pretty much have at least one screen of Messe-Sanoh or Tora No Ana with their game being showcased (happened with Cloudphobia, Diadra Empty, PriZhm, Ether Vapor and many many others).

Plus it would be cool to see the reactions of people not used to bullet hell or shooters in general... UFO Extra being showcased might have caused a "heh, I think I'll stick to the doujinshi and arranged music" reaction  :V (obviously, the glorious "stubbornness spirit" might force some people to get the game and see things for themselves)

If I'm not wrong, Himeyashop has a blog where they portray news now and then as well as a Comiket report. It used to be in english although that one was shutdown?

Ok, question about that Touhou fan fighting game (the one in 2D with the cute sprites). Question for the people: what do you think of this one?

Link: http://www.daiojyo.com/touhouhaou.html

RE-BORN INDISCRIMINATE INSTINCT

Dead Princess Sakana

« Reply #153 on: January 11, 2010, 02:45:18 PM »
Plus it would be cool to see the reactions of people not used to bullet hell or shooters in general... UFO Extra being showcased might have caused a "heh, I think I'll stick to the doujinshi and arranged music" reaction  :V (obviously, the glorious "stubbornness spirit" might force some people to get the game and see things for themselves)
The UFO-TV attracted a lot of attention and the reactions of the people were quite funny to watch, to say the least. Plus there was that weird foreign guy watching the screen with a grin as if he knew what it was  :V
I dunno, if I hadn't known the games before I might have decided to look into them after seeing that, so that kind of showcasing might be pretty effective.
Oh, and I just remember that Tora no Ana had a playable UFO game on the Doujin games floor as well. I watched someone try it and get discouraged. That's be the mentioned 'stubbornness spirit', eh?

« Reply #154 on: January 11, 2010, 03:00:16 PM »
Relevant picture:

Translation: http://safebooru.donmai.us/post/show/485698/artist_self-insert-comic-monochrome-shino_-ponjiyu

Wait, it's not legal to post a download of a Trial version of a fangame, is it?
"... but what is certain is that the average consumer will continue to rest easy on his Record of Agarest War pillow case knowing that his games will continue to be packaged with things that he will never look at or use" - Jeremy Petter - ENN

Dead Princess Sakana

« Reply #155 on: January 11, 2010, 03:18:25 PM »
 ;D at the comic.

As for your question, as long as it's a download on the developer's site that's supposed to be free for all, that's no piracy and therefore fine, at least I think so. I wouldn't use links from anything else than the official site though, to be safe.

Spidere

• My magic finger will make your problems go away
  • But I'm an asshole, so you won't get any of it
« Reply #156 on: January 12, 2010, 02:25:20 AM »
Anybody tried Cirno Climber? I got a copy thanks to the wonderous powers of EBAY!
Anyways, the four player is nice, I always play as Remi, I refuse all other characters. My bro tends to play as Sakuya when we play. It's like Battletoads when you have two people though, you just fight with each other the WHOLE TIME.

I also bought a copy of Touhou SASA. It's nifty enough. You shoot fire and fly around as Mokou. Nuff' said.

Observer

• Light Bearer
  • Arcanum Infinitum
« Reply #157 on: January 13, 2010, 10:00:05 PM »
Anybody tried Cirno Climber? I got a copy thanks to the wonderous powers of EBAY!
Anyways, the four player is nice, I always play as Remi, I refuse all other characters. My bro tends to play as Sakuya when we play. It's like Battletoads when you have two people though, you just fight with each other the WHOLE TIME.

I also bought a copy of Touhou SASA. It's nifty enough. You shoot fire and fly around as Mokou. Nuff' said.

Touhou SASA? Any link to the developer site? I would like to know how is this... Playing as Mokou is highly relevant to my interests.

Cirno Climber... Quoting House: "Interesting." Might have to take a look at this too. Developer site, pretty please?

Spidere

« Reply #158 on: January 13, 2010, 10:24:28 PM »
Well the auction listed developer and publisher in japanese. Here's the webpage for it at least.

http://www.hachikuma.net/Products/ACT04.html

The game is great, you can switch between Tewi, Reisen, Mokou, Eirin, and Keine. They all attack differently, and have separate lifebars. It's obviously based on Astro Robot SASA on NES, but this ones way better, has tons of levels, and only uses the basic concept of propelling yourself with bullets.

Observer

• Light Bearer
  • Arcanum Infinitum
« Reply #159 on: January 13, 2010, 10:34:28 PM »
Well the auction listed developer and publisher in japanese. Here's the webpage for it at least.

http://www.hachikuma.net/Products/ACT04.html

The game is great, you can switch between Tewi, Reisen, Mokou, Eirin, and Keine. They all attack differently, and have separate lifebars. It's obviously based on Astro Robot SASA on NES, but this ones way better, has tons of levels, and only uses the basic concept of propelling yourself with bullets.

Thank you! I'll take a look at it, it's made by Hachikuma! (author of many awesome Toehoe arranges and more)

Now I see where that avatar comes from too, heh.

Spidere

« Reply #160 on: January 13, 2010, 10:35:51 PM »
Yeah. I thought it was too cute too pass up.

Perhaps a bit too cute.......

Which led to the babies being eaten.

Minxix

• boring irish person
  • lives in a shed
« Reply #161 on: January 14, 2010, 04:51:28 PM »
I played the full version of Alternative Sphere earlier. ??
The music was average AQ stuff, Stage 5 boss and Stage 6 themes were pretty cool.
The characters weren't that interesting, imo, except for
Spoiler:
Aegis (Stage 5 boss from TWINS) cameo-ing before the final boss. She had a nice portrait :V