Author Topic: Creating a website for Danmakufu  (Read 36468 times)

Chronojet ⚙ Dragon

• The Oddity
  • 今コソ輝ケ、我ガ未来、ソノ可能性!!
Re: Creating a website for Danmakufu
« Reply #90 on: March 11, 2010, 11:32:50 PM »
The same as my Username here... that?s what I wanted to put it. (I noticed that I forgot the "u" in the name when I wanted to log in)
While you're at it, change the "l" to "r".

Chronojet ⚙ Dragon

• The Oddity
  • 今コソ輝ケ、我ガ未来、ソノ可能性!!
« Reply #91 on: March 11, 2010, 11:37:59 PM »
www.starthelepolis.com

It's catchy.
STOP Double post!
This, this I like, but o_O WHY WASN'T IT PICKED O_o

Also, I put my name with a circled nine, not a regular nine. What?

EDIT: Also, I can't upload my Akuukyou script.

Blargel

• RAWR!
  • I'M AN ANGRY LOLI!
« Reply #92 on: March 12, 2010, 09:53:01 AM »
I can't seem to edit names either :o. I'll go directly edit the database whenever I get around to it.

And Alwaysthe⑨, when you say you can't upload the script, what exactly goes wrong?
<WorkingKeine> when i get home i just go to the ps3 and beat people up in blazblue with a loli
<Azure> Keine: Danmakufu helper by day, violent loli by night.

Chronojet ⚙ Dragon

• The Oddity
  • 今コソ輝ケ、我ガ未来、ソノ可能性!!
« Reply #93 on: March 12, 2010, 07:28:11 PM »
I can't seem to edit names either :o. I'll go directly edit the database whenever I get around to it.

And Alwaysthe⑨, when you say you can't upload the script, what exactly goes wrong?
When I click Attach script (for my project), I can't start looking for the script. :ohdear:
« Last Edit: March 13, 2010, 06:23:22 AM by Always 無⑨ »

Blargel

• RAWR!
  • I'M AN ANGRY LOLI!
« Reply #94 on: March 12, 2010, 09:47:39 PM »
Make sure your Javascript is enabled and that the latest version of Flash is installed. There's supposed to be a Flash thingy on the button, but if you don't have it, it won't do anything. We're going to try to make it not depend on Flash later so people don't run into trouble like that.

Also, lol new crappy design.

EDIT: Danielu, I changed your login to how you wanted it to as well so don't forget the "u" the next time you log in.
EDIT: A new update, and new bugs. Fixing the fact that there's no link to create new projects now.
EDIT: Shit fixed. :V
« Last Edit: March 12, 2010, 10:07:41 PM by Blargel »
<WorkingKeine> when i get home i just go to the ps3 and beat people up in blazblue with a loli

Chronojet ⚙ Dragon

• The Oddity
  • 今コソ輝ケ、我ガ未来、ソノ可能性!!
« Reply #95 on: March 12, 2010, 10:45:27 PM »
Make sure your Javascript is enabled and that the latest version of Flash is installed. There's supposed to be a Flash thingy on the button, but if you don't have it, it won't do anything. We're going to try to make it not depend on Flash later so people don't run into trouble like that.

Also, lol new crappy design.

EDIT: Danielu, I changed your login to how you wanted it to as well so don't forget the "u" the next time you log in.
EDIT: A new update, and new bugs. Fixing the fact that there's no link to create new projects now.
EDIT: Shit fixed. :V

I'm pretty sure my Javascript is on, and I have the latest Flash... Hmm........... I hope I don't have some cursed thing.

Blargel

• RAWR!
  • I'M AN ANGRY LOLI!
« Reply #96 on: March 13, 2010, 01:11:03 AM »
What browser and operating system are you using? I hope it's not some random weird case that happens to one in a million users or something.

Chronojet ⚙ Dragon

• The Oddity
  • 今コソ輝ケ、我ガ未来、ソノ可能性!!
« Reply #97 on: March 13, 2010, 06:22:54 AM »
Internet Explorer 8 (phew almost said 9), XP...
I'm going to try again.

« Reply #98 on: March 13, 2010, 06:20:22 PM »
Looking at the site again, I noticed that the logo is...well....blah~
And I'm bored so I made one, use it if you want~

Blargel

• RAWR!
  • I'M AN ANGRY LOLI!
« Reply #99 on: March 13, 2010, 06:54:53 PM »
Internet Explorer 8 (phew almost said 9), XP...
I'm going to try again.
I have no idea...  :(

Looking at the site again, I noticed that the logo is...well....blah~
And I'm bored so I made one, use it if you want~
The logo is pretty bland since it's just <h1>BulletForge</h1> :V
However, no offense, but that logo isn't very fitting for a website either.

« Reply #100 on: March 13, 2010, 07:15:14 PM »
The logo is pretty bland since it's just <h1>BulletForge</h1> :V
However, no offense, but that logo isn't very fitting for a website either.
Its ok, I was bored so I almost really dont care.
But If you want a logo how would you want it to look?

« Reply #101 on: March 13, 2010, 11:44:22 PM »

Just made a banner.
Got bored and went beserk on some options.
Still have the "project" file of it, so I could change it to something you want... (I think I need better pics for the silhouette and also a line to put below)

EDIT: Just saw that the font looks crappy and makes the B look like and 8

8ulletforge.org
<Insert 8ullets here>

Blargel

• RAWR!
  • I'M AN ANGRY LOLI!
« Reply #102 on: March 14, 2010, 01:07:10 AM »
Lol, you people. I appreciate the thought, but a banner is the least of our worries right now. I think what needs to be done right now is improvements on usability. I also poked Totaku by PM and hopefully he'll be getting back to me about design some time soon.

ManBlob

« Reply #103 on: March 14, 2010, 03:38:21 AM »
Needs more padding on the left side!  :V

You have alot of space on the right side, maybe you can take the stuff at the bottom and make it a sidebar. I wonder how that would look...

The bottom div could be credits or copyright or whatever

And since everyone is making a banner...

Edit: Also for the background you could maybe put the white through a plastic layer style
mahou desu!

http://img502.imageshack.us/img502/9527/cornertop.jpg

http://img251.imageshack.us/img251/2593/cornermiddle.jpg

http://img62.imageshack.us/img62/6834/cornerbottom.jpg

Edit 2:

I tried messing with the text so it wasn't so blocky
Maybe someone can do a better job than I can :P
« Last Edit: March 14, 2010, 03:54:03 AM by ManBlob »

Stuffman

• We're having a ball!
« Reply #104 on: March 15, 2010, 07:18:36 AM »
HEY JERK I UPLOADED STUFF TO YOUR STUPID SITE

THE REST OF YOU JERKS SHOULD DO THE SAME

Okay uh feedback
-It'd be nice to add screenshots and youtube links while you're creating the project, rather than editting it in afterward.
-Right now it seems the only place screenshots are visible is that the first one is the icon for it.
-I'd like to be able to sort/search by project type (plural, full game, player etc)
-I think the youtube window should be in the grey box above the download link, gives you something to look at besides text.
-It sorts projects by oldest first in My Account page, I don't like that.
-I know it's still being worked on but my general advice is to make the design as efficient with vertical space as possible. Like put Win/Fail and Downloads on the same line in the project list.

Downloads and uploads seem reasonably quick, so yay to that.

Helepolis

• Charisma!
  • O-ojousama!?
« Reply #105 on: March 15, 2010, 09:01:13 AM »
I can upload my halloween script as test because the other scripts are not smart to upload yet (such as Suwako frogpond, Kogasa surprise and Touhou 78).

Blargel

• RAWR!
  • I'M AN ANGRY LOLI!
« Reply #106 on: March 15, 2010, 03:16:19 PM »
HEY JERK I UPLOADED STUFF TO YOUR STUPID SITE

THE REST OF YOU JERKS SHOULD DO THE SAME

Okay uh feedback
-It'd be nice to add screenshots and youtube links while you're creating the project, rather than editting it in afterward.
-Right now it seems the only place screenshots are visible is that the first one is the icon for it.
-I'd like to be able to sort/search by project type (plural, full game, player etc)
-I think the youtube window should be in the grey box above the download link, gives you something to look at besides text.
-It sorts projects by oldest first in My Account page, I don't like that.
-I know it's still being worked on but my general advice is to make the design as efficient with vertical space as possible. Like put Win/Fail and Downloads on the same line in the project list.

Downloads and uploads seem reasonably quick, so yay to that.

Pretty much all that stuff I already realized. The project details page is extremely unorganized and I gave up trying to put all that extra information together, which is why the YouTube thingy is in such a random place. I suppose adding the screenshots and YouTube could be added at the same time, and yeah the screenshots are only visible as preview images currently because I didn't want to write the Javascript to make a carousel. I'll definitely need to add that later. The searching and ordering system is pretty bad right now, but it's the only decent way I was about to do it. I'm not entirely sure how I would order by project type except by possibly filtering the results further after doing an initial search. I'll have to think about that. I'll reverse the order of how projects are organized next time I start working on it again. And lastly, design is on hold until Totaku replies back (or when I get sick of waiting for him...) although I do agree that vertical space efficiency is probably best. Design is just my least favorite part of web development.  :ohdear:

Infy♫

• Demonic★Moe
« Reply #107 on: March 16, 2010, 05:08:42 PM »
the danmakufu wiki should be put in this site lol

« Reply #108 on: March 16, 2010, 09:12:07 PM »
Oh man Featured Project GET BV

Hmm, imo what this site lacks is a project listing page. Just a list of every project on one (or several) page(s)

Well it's not so much that it lacks it than there lacks a big shiny link to it BV
« Last Edit: March 16, 2010, 09:22:34 PM by Suikama the Robotic Unicorn »

Blargel

• RAWR!
  • I'M AN ANGRY LOLI!
« Reply #109 on: March 16, 2010, 10:58:07 PM »
Oh man Featured Project GET BV

Hmm, imo what this site lacks is a project listing page. Just a list of every project on one (or several) page(s)

Well it's not so much that it lacks it than there lacks a big shiny link to it BV

It lacks big shiny links for a lot of things. Big shiny links are important for usability and so that the users know where the important stuff is. But again, I'm terrible with design and the big shiny links will just look weird if I try to do anything about it. Totaku still hasn't responded so maybe it's time I started looking for someone else to do design. Since anyone can see what each page has now, it'd be great if someone can put together a mockup of the front page or something and I can probably extrapolate the rest of the site from that.

EDIT: As of now, all tags will automatically be converted to all lowercase. This fixes the problem of searching for "Contest" and searching for "contest" returning different results. Please keep this in mind when searching by tags from now on.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2010, 02:01:55 AM by Blargel »

Chronojet ⚙ Dragon

• The Oddity
  • 今コソ輝ケ、我ガ未来、ソノ可能性!!
« Reply #110 on: May 22, 2010, 04:28:59 PM »
bumpeh
Hm. This still haven't been fixed.
HURRY UP GODDAMMIT I WANNA UPLOAD SOMETHING.